Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 07:20:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Ragnarok Online 2 Open Beta (Korean with English patch) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ragnarok Online 2 Open Beta (Korean with English patch)  (Read 7470 times)
schild
Administrator

on: June 04, 2007, 08:13:40 AM

Apparently, RO2 went into open beta and can be run fully in English. Now, you might be asking, "why aren't you posting links?" Well, fucking Websense has the pages blocked that I'm trying to link to. My Job is laying down the law.

So, if someone else can start digging, that'd be great. Here's the only link I have.

http://www.ragnarok-tale.net/forums/showthread.php?t=2310

I don't know what's on the page though. Might be a trap!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 08:25:56 AM

This is on the page:

Downloading the OB Game Client couldn't be easier to download. Just follow the steps and you'll have it in no time.

No need to install some torrent file that might not work!

1. Download this file: http://velaur.deltaanime.net/ROII.rar (884KB)
2. Right click, click "Extract files..."
3. Open up the folder you just extracted to and click "Ragnarok2.exe"
4. Wait for it to download all the patches, this will take awhile (The Patch(s) are around 1Gig).

Mirror: http://www.box.net/shared/6zipcdum83

UPDATE: You must have AppLocale installed before opening "Ragnarok2.exe" or have your computer set in Korean!

If you can't get AppLocale to run, or at all: Try running your PC in Korean.

AppLocale: http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/tools/apploc.mspx
Guide into Korean: Comming Soon!

Do you want me to try it?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 08:28:05 AM

The question you have to ask yourself is - Do you want to try it? It IS Ragnarok 2.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 08:29:46 AM

You don't think it's adorable?

It's SO not working.   undecided  Won't patch.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 08:44:27 AM by Signe »

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 08:45:26 AM

You don't think it's adorable?

I don't know about anyone else, but I never would have thought to equate the firey end of the world with the term 'adorable'.

:-D

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 09:23:45 AM

I've played it a bit, it doesn't seem too bad, but haven't gotten much playtime in cause my video card is going bad.  'Fully in english' is a huge exaggeration though.  Pretty much all the text is still in korean, but there's a little translation-patch you can apply to get most of the relevant text (controls, most of the stats, etc) translated to english.  Don't expect to actually read any quest text, or even the stats or names of the items you pick up, unless you can read korean, though.

Oh, and Signe, if you installed the translation patch, that's why it won't patch.  It needs to have the original data folder for the patcher to work, and after you're done patching, install the translation.  You need to backup the original data folder though, so you can swap it back in next time you need to run the patcher.  If you didn't install the translation part, I have no idea why it's not working.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 10:03:07 AM

Yargh. I remember playing RO1 open beta back in college because it was free and I had gobs of spare time. Quite possibly one of the worst, grindiest games I've ever played, although I haven't tried a lot of the smaller, more obscure Asian MMOs.

I fondly recall the broken Engrish of the inhabitants, having to level up before being granted basic abilities such as "sit", whacked-out balance and all kinds of other crazy shit, such as the dialog box that came up when your link dropped:

"Do you want to be disconnected from server?
 ( Yes )         ( No )"

Of course you clicked no, but...

"You are disconnected from server.
    ( OK )"
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #7 on: June 04, 2007, 10:08:41 AM

Thanks, Koyasha.   smiley  I did get it to patch finally but I still can't play it.  I'm too lazy.

Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 04, 2007, 10:35:17 AM

What level do you have to be in order to sit this time around? Wasn't it 30 in the first one?
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #9 on: June 04, 2007, 10:37:36 AM

What level do you have to be in order to sit this time around? Wasn't it 30 in the first one?

It was either 3 or 5 in the first one, and the levels prior to it were like pulling teeth since you barely regenerated any health/mana while not sitting.
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 10:59:58 AM

You can sit at level 1, but I haven't needed to, regen seems pretty fast regardless.  I got to 3 so far, but I only played maybe 2 hours tops.  Not really understanding much of anything doesn't help much, but I've found an auction house so far, and managed to upgrade my sword.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
Nonentity
Terracotta Army

2009 Demon's Souls Fantasy League Champion

Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 11:17:33 AM

^_^

I mean, uh, RO2!

Jesus.

I'll play it. I'm such a sucker for this crap.

Schild, you need to not encourage this behavior. You too, Signe.

Because every time you encourage it, I go along willingly.

But that Captain's salami tray was tight, yo. You plump for the roast pork loin, dogg?

[20:42:41] You are halted on the way to the netherworld by a dark spirit, demanding knowledge.
[20:42:41] The spirit touches you and you feel drained.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 11:34:09 AM

It is very cute and I'll be playing around in it as soon as my meds kick in. 

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 04:53:36 PM

FYI the Indian version of RO1 is f2p if you do a little digging.  But seriously, fuck RO1 so grindy it hurt.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #14 on: June 04, 2007, 04:55:24 PM

It is very cute and I'll be playing around in it as soon as my meds kick in. 

So the avatar there is a picture of you taking said meds then, eh?

Ed: boo, you changed it.  For those who missed it; a topless woman with a pot leaf over her nip, sucking on a bong.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 06:05:36 PM by Merusk »

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #15 on: June 04, 2007, 07:48:59 PM

I was chastersised into changing it.  I feel asshamed.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #16 on: June 05, 2007, 10:17:58 AM

I thought that avatar was hot and I haven't smoked much weed since high school...   undecided

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #17 on: June 05, 2007, 11:10:58 AM

Someone spotted a nipple, I think.  We can't have nipples, you know.  Nipples are the worst thing ever.  Anyway, if someone lost their job over my nippled avatar, I'd have to hide until they found a new one.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Ragnarok Online 2 Open Beta (Korean with English patch)  
Jump to: