Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 11:19:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: EVE the 3rd great war 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EVE the 3rd great war  (Read 10847 times)
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #35 on: January 16, 2010, 06:59:19 AM

Resistance is futile.

Mr Penne can also tell you this from experience iirc.

Witty banter not included.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: January 16, 2010, 07:15:23 AM

Yay, another war of attrition. Fuck, I'm glad I've developed a dislike on playing EVE.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: January 16, 2010, 09:24:55 AM

I really hope this is the end of Goons, never fucking liked them and if they dissolve into something more palatable I may have to consider poking my head in to see whats up.  Please do keep us posted.

You and the Polish Eve politics forum feel exactly the same:

You know... if it was some no name alliance like ZAF nobody would lift a finger or wake up for an alarm clock. Fighting with GS is something entirely different, it's a fight of good (StainWagon) versus evil in its pure form (GoonSwarm). Here people dont look at the clock, they are highly motivated for many alarm clocks and long sieges - everything that needs to be done to erase you from the map, then hunt down the survivors that will try to hide in corps belonging to NC

We are quite literally Hitler.

Meanwhile amongst our fellow fascists on the Italian forums:

On Italian caod, IT and Sys-k members are discussing the Delve belts, what ones are best isk/hour, and what is Querious good for.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 11:38:36 AM by Endie »

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #38 on: January 16, 2010, 09:30:10 AM

Evil (GS) will always triumph because good (stainwagon) is dumb.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #39 on: January 16, 2010, 06:50:27 PM

You know... if it was some no name alliance like ZAF nobody would lift a finger or wake up for an alarm clock. Fighting with GS is something entirely different, it's a fight of good (StainWagon) versus evil in its pure form (GoonSwarm). Here people dont look at the clock, they are highly motivated for many alarm clocks and long sieges - everything that needs to be done to erase you from the map, then hunt down the survivors that will try to hide in corps belonging to NC

On Italian caod, IT and Sys-k members are discussing the Delve belts, what ones are best isk/hour, and what is Querious good for.

Yawn.  Goonswarm is a lame dominant superpower of EVE, I've always felt that way and I always will.

I really hope this is the end of Goons, never fucking liked them and if they dissolve into something more palatable I may have to consider poking my head in to see whats up.  Please do keep us posted.

(a) you believe too much propaganda, from both sides

(b) you are going to be disappointed if you think that either outcome will be "the end of Goons".

As usual you act like a prick and imagine you know what everyone is thinking.  Did you really need to take two cracks at my harmless meaningless opinion?  What propaganda do you imagine I've been reading or watching dude?  I've been very far removed from EVE for a long time.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #40 on: January 16, 2010, 07:38:33 PM

As usual you act like a prick and imagine you know what everyone is thinking.  Did you really need to take two cracks at my harmless meaningless opinion?  What propaganda do you imagine I've been reading or watching dude?  I've been very far removed from EVE for a long time.

If you are as far removed as you say, why do you have an opinion at all?

When I played with GS during the second great war I can say they defintiely weren't the "good" guys, but at least they were fun and most of them didn't take the game too seriously.  Their opposition however impressed me as the typical type-A massive raid guild poopsockers who manage to suck the fun out every multiplayer game they are in.  Meh, i'd rather have the goons.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: January 17, 2010, 07:46:41 PM

Goonswarm is the Alliance EVE deserves and that's always been the biggest point of comedy with it all.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Nerf
Terracotta Army

The Presence of Your Vehicle Has Been Documented

Reply #42 on: January 18, 2010, 12:40:14 AM

Hoax, as much as you want to, you can't write goonswarm off that easily.  Remember back in the day when the two of us were like "Man, this is fun, but I want /more/, we should go hook up with Slayerik!"?  This is /more/.

Hell, I'm the fucking CEO and Slayerik became a goon hero almost instantly sharing the suicide ganking tactics we were all using years ago - those two things alone should merit a good ol' college try.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: January 18, 2010, 02:43:07 AM

Yawn.  Goonswarm is a lame dominant superpower of EVE, I've always felt that way and I always will.

I really hope this is the end of Goons, never fucking liked them and if they dissolve into something more palatable I may have to consider poking my head in to see whats up.  Please do keep us posted.

(a) you believe too much propaganda, from both sides

(b) you are going to be disappointed if you think that either outcome will be "the end of Goons".

Calm down, son: I think most people would believe that my pretty mild and informative response is a lot less "prick"ish (prickly?) behaviour than your "harmless" line about "I really hope this is the end of Goons, never fucking liked them".  You can't troll like that then get all butthurt if someone says "um, that's not very likely."

And as regards the propaganda line you've bought?  Yeah, I can see that it's been a while, like you say, since you've played.  You're still buying the "omg goons ruin eve for everyone" stuff from 2006/7.  That's fine, but again you don't get a free pass to troll.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #44 on: January 18, 2010, 08:09:01 AM

eve is gay

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #45 on: January 18, 2010, 08:54:36 AM

naw, they just to need to express themselves. 

They were repressed in their Child Board.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: January 18, 2010, 12:09:13 PM

You guys are making EVE sound like ridiculous fun but I'm almost certain I won't last more than a couple of weeks if I tried it.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #47 on: January 18, 2010, 12:14:41 PM

You guys are making EVE sound like ridiculous fun but I'm almost certain I won't last more than a couple of weeks if I tried it.

Just log on and slowly pilot a ship around.  Maybe mine a bit.  It's all great fun. 
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: January 18, 2010, 12:31:05 PM

I just can't say how much I miss mining.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: January 18, 2010, 12:38:01 PM

Never done mining. I have great fun in EVE.

eve is gay

We are all gay.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
CharlieMopps
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: January 20, 2010, 01:05:21 PM

I have a buddy that's been forcing me to play eve for a while now... and he's just go to the point where he's got a lot of capital ships and is smack in the middle of this current war... He wanted me to come down and help out but I didn't want to have anything to do with it... and I'm glad.

Listening to him over teamspeak talk about it... it sounds EXACTLY the same as setting up a raid in EQ1 or 2. Everyone gets together, there's a raid leader, the leader gets mad because people don't have the correct equipment or they form up with the fleet long... it's a giant cluster fuck for hours until they finally attack (or get attacked) and then there's a giant lag filled battle with opponents you can barely see do to all lag and chaos. Glad I didn't get involved.
DLRiley
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: January 20, 2010, 01:13:41 PM

I always described EVE as a giant chat room with a beefed up graphical user interface. Except for you pay for it. I hear if you get past the "game is pretty boring" part EVE is really fun.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #52 on: January 20, 2010, 02:00:17 PM

I always described EVE as a giant chat room with a beefed up graphical user interface. Except for you pay for it. I hear if you get past the "game is pretty boring" part EVE is really fun.

Yeah but you can sub with in-game currency! So technically, you only have to pay with time.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: January 20, 2010, 02:28:09 PM

I have a buddy that's been forcing me to play eve for a while now... and he's just go to the point where he's got a lot of capital ships and is smack in the middle of this current war... He wanted me to come down and help out but I didn't want to have anything to do with it... and I'm glad.

Listening to him over teamspeak talk about it... it sounds EXACTLY the same as setting up a raid in EQ1 or 2. Everyone gets together, there's a raid leader, the leader gets mad because people don't have the correct equipment or they form up with the fleet long... it's a giant cluster fuck for hours until they finally attack (or get attacked) and then there's a giant lag filled battle with opponents you can barely see do to all lag and chaos. Glad I didn't get involved.

After a year or more of excellent, lag-free 1500-man fights the last patch kinda messed up the lag thing.  It's now getting better but it still has a way to go before it's good again.

Your friend may be on the invading side, and having to stay logged in for hours til 3am to get into the systems with the fights.  For US TZ goons in particular right now this is the dream: log in at 02.30 Eve Time in 49-, get in fleet, and start killing things most nights.  Our enemies are delivering to our door.

Twitter - Endieposts

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #54 on: January 20, 2010, 03:46:35 PM

Delve being under attack is great because there are Good Fights(tm) right on your doorstep all the time!

I think I've heard this before.  awesome, for real

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: January 21, 2010, 06:24:10 AM

Delve being under attack is great because there are Good Fights(tm) right on your doorstep all the time!

I think I've heard this before.  awesome, for real

The irony is not lost on us, believe me.

Twitter - Endieposts

Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #56 on: January 26, 2010, 01:54:51 PM

For those who don't follow the War thread, this war might have ended with a whimper.  It depends on how energized goons get about losing their space to "whoops lol".

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: January 26, 2010, 06:15:11 PM

Death by accountancy and Goon's in retreat or "we didn't want to play this game anyway" seems the summary?

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: January 26, 2010, 07:39:22 PM

Death by accountancy and Goon's in retreat or "we didn't want to play this game anyway" seems the summary?

As posted on CAOD

"Goons took Delve by checking a box.  Goons Lost delve by forgetting to check a box"

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: EVE the 3rd great war  
Jump to: