Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:45:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2233167 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #4935 on: August 05, 2011, 08:25:14 AM

Just Cause 2. Man this gaming world is large. I never knew.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4936 on: August 05, 2011, 08:38:16 AM

I think Rift broke my enjoyment of gaming for a while.

Broke me a bit as well.  I'm having a hard time finding my bearings, and I've got tons I can play.  No real fault of Rift though; I still think the game is a good MMO, but I wonder why I stuck with something so long when I knew it held nothing for me in the end game.  Once I discovered that the last few zones left weren't that interesting with me, the desire to play just went out.

I really wish Witcher 2 was more to my liking.  The plot is definitely interesting.  And the characterizations are compelling as well, even if they messed with some of the characterizations I liked.  They made Dandellion look really douchey, they turned Zoltan into an old LOTR style dwarf, and Triss all of the sudden is perky and young instead of her sultry cougaresque Witcher 1 self.

I need to find something, since my wife will be out of town for 2 weeks and I'll have my evenings free after the boy goes to bed.  It's a pity that the early verdict on the iphone version of Final Fantasty Tactics is that it's nearly unplayable due to framerate and slowdown issues.

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4937 on: August 05, 2011, 09:08:47 AM

I want to play "finish trimming out the kitchen and den wall" :) I don't think my neighbors will like me using my normal gaming time to do it, though. Running a table saw at 11pm wouldn't make me popular around here.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #4938 on: August 05, 2011, 09:18:31 AM

Playing Just Cause 2 as well.  I started it up on a whim, but it's pretty phenomenal, and I expect to be at it for a long time to come.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #4939 on: August 05, 2011, 01:14:08 PM

I grabbed Torchlight on XBox Live on a whim - I just wanted something I could load quickly and play when looking to waste a bit of time without hunting for discs. I'd played it a bit on PC, but I have to say I was suprized by how much I'm enjoying it on console. It just seems really well suited to the lounging on the coach/bed gameplay mode.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4940 on: August 05, 2011, 04:18:32 PM

Still playing STO, with some Bloodbowl and other things randomly tossed in. Going to try some Brink for free this weekend.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #4941 on: August 05, 2011, 04:32:36 PM

Mostly playing Brink (we lovessss it, preciousssss) and multiplayer Civ V (is there really no way to save the game in multiplayer?  Because having to go through a full map is an ordeal even on the fastest setitngs).  Getting going on another run through of Deus Ex, in preparation for Invisible War coming out.  I was thinking about doing a radicalthon of it, but I suspect most people here already know it at least as well as I do.

Gave Chantelise a shot (the new game from the Recettear guys) and thought it was a bit mediocre.  I like the graphics (kind of DOOM-ish in the 2D-sprites-on-a-pseudo-3D-world way, if DOOM was about fairy anime characters fighting bees and slimes) but the gameplay is getting tedious.  Beat Tobe's Vertical Adventure, which was pretty solid but didn't do anything interesting.  Cthulu Saves The World is kind of neat for a time waster, but the maps are kind of tedious on account of them being so friggin' massive.
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #4942 on: August 05, 2011, 06:19:11 PM

Finished Heavy Rain. Mostly happy ending. FBI guy didn't make it. Reinforced how much I dislike the six-axis stuff, just let me push buttons dammit. Eventually downgraded the difficulty to the 'not that familiar' level. Ugh, made me feel old. I'll probably do a few different play-throughs in between other games.

Going to play Enslaved, Odyssey to the West next. The demo was good, gave the impression of being an action game with some simplified platforming.

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #4943 on: August 05, 2011, 07:01:35 PM

Mostly playing Brink (we lovessss it, preciousssss) and multiplayer Civ V (is there really no way to save the game in multiplayer?  Because having to go through a full map is an ordeal even on the fastest setitngs).

To save:
- Press Ctrl+S while in-game.
- Name the save.

To load:
- Open your Civ 5 user folder. (Generally "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5")
- Open "Saves\multi".
- Copy the save from that folder to the underlying "auto" folder.
- Rename the copied file to "autosave_<whatever>.Civ5Save"
- Load the game from the multiplayer screen.

Presto!

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #4944 on: August 05, 2011, 07:13:03 PM

Mostly playing Brink (we lovessss it, preciousssss) and multiplayer Civ V (is there really no way to save the game in multiplayer?  Because having to go through a full map is an ordeal even on the fastest setitngs).

To save:
- Press Ctrl+S while in-game.
- Name the save.

To load:
- Open your Civ 5 user folder. (Generally "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5")
- Open "Saves\multi".
- Copy the save from that folder to the underlying "auto" folder.
- Rename the copied file to "autosave_<whatever>.Civ5Save"
- Load the game from the multiplayer screen.

Presto!

How intuitive!
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #4945 on: August 05, 2011, 07:43:37 PM

There are autosaves that can be loaded directly, but they aren't done every turn and they are truncated at 20 or something.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #4946 on: August 05, 2011, 07:48:20 PM

I grabbed Torchlight on XBox Live on a whim - I just wanted something I could load quickly and play when looking to waste a bit of time without hunting for discs. I'd played it a bit on PC, but I have to say I was suprized by how much I'm enjoying it on console. It just seems really well suited to the lounging on the coach/bed gameplay mode.

How does targeting work on the console?

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4947 on: August 05, 2011, 08:09:04 PM

Kinda poorly.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #4948 on: August 06, 2011, 01:29:00 PM

It's better than I expected - basically the game highlights your target as you turn towards it. Oh, and you auto stand still with ranged weapons when you shoot. Lets face it though, Torchlight is such a random mashing of chaos, precise targeting isn't really needed.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #4949 on: August 06, 2011, 03:42:48 PM

Been playing Brink with the free weekend.  Been running pretty bug free now from what I can tell, and the new maps are definitely pretty nice.  I'm hoping enough people end up buying the game so that it isn't dead again come monday.  I know some people are really turned off by it, and it has a few wonky bits to it, but it definitely is a heck of a lot of fun.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4950 on: August 07, 2011, 07:42:59 PM

I got back into Starcraft 2 this weekend and then remembered why I haven't played in over 6 months. Argh!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4951 on: August 08, 2011, 07:08:58 AM

Continuing my shotgun approach to gaming: Just Cause 2, Amnesia, Civ V.

Amnesia is such an awesome game, but I only play it late, alone. Got chased by a sudden monster spawn, ran into a dead-end, got smacked as I doubled back, hid like a little girl in a closet. Prison level is hectic.

Just Cause 2, because I keep meaning to go back to it and it was daylight (so Amnesia was out). I find the zip line to be frustrating at times, like at this lighthouse with a walkway, I keep zipping to underneath the walkway and just hanging there. But it's a small gripe and the game is otherwise awesome. Unfortunately, due to being controller-based, it gives me motion sickness after a half-hour or so. I think it's due to the lag with thumbstick-look as opposed to the control of mouse-look. With a mouse, I can look where I want to. With a thumbstick, I'm a drunk wildly careening around trying to look where I want to with the controls fighting me. Trying to jump off a helicopter, spin around and jump onto a plane, the controls rarely allow me to do that. Maybe it's a l2p thing, but if I had a mouse, I know it would not be an issue. Too bad the kbam sucks to control the game in general...

Civ V, started a new game as Iroquois. I have a soft spot for the locals. Started on a medium-sized island and in only a few turns a Japanese warrior turned up. Luckily, my capitol was nestled in some hills and my first unit was a scout that discovered Archery in a ruin. Three archer units and Japan is saying 'sayonara'. I annexed the city, but I'm not really sure about the impact of the options because the tooltip was kind of vague. I'm thinking I should've just razed them for the temporary happiness hit and built a new city there later. I did raze his 1 pop city he dropped to save his settler from my advancing archers.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4952 on: August 08, 2011, 09:24:02 AM

Finally started up Infamous over the weekend.  After some initial misgivings, it started to come together for me.  Now I can't stop going around the city exploring instead of doing the main missions. I was having a little problem at first with the combat, but you just have to be selective how you engage and use the shit out of your lightning.  Game is very fast paced, which can be a problem for my aging brain/reflexes. Also, the colors and textures they use in spots are VERY hard for me to see.  I really wish people would stop using that color of red in games, I can barely fucking see it.

It's all very fun though.  It was very much "ok, one more side mission/dead drop/shard" for at least an hour past when I wanted to stop.

Pondering starting up a serious Dwarf Fortress session and perhaps logging it.  DF just takes soo much time.   Ohhhhh, I see.

I got back into Starcraft 2 this weekend and then remembered why I haven't played in over 6 months. Argh!

I'm really tempted to watch a few videos, cobble together a flexible build, and just dive into the ladder.  It'd be fun going through the low ranks for a while until I get to the higher ranks where my lack of APM really starts to hurt me.

-Rasix
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #4953 on: August 08, 2011, 09:31:58 AM

Dungeon Siege 3....Hahah oh man, it's so strange to compare this game to Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but it's really the most similar game I can think of. Terrible camera controls really made it hard to enjoy, but hey, it's really dumb when you can't even switch character in the midst of your playthrough...which really kills the game for me.

Also, only 9 skills per character? What?! A valiant effort, but man, they could've done better.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #4954 on: August 08, 2011, 09:34:05 AM

I finally started on Wolfenstein 2009. The beginning was a bit bland, but 4 hours in it's like playing a nazi version of Singularity, ie. great fun.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4955 on: August 08, 2011, 11:09:55 AM

Pondering starting up a serious Dwarf Fortress session and perhaps logging it.  DF just takes soo much time.   Ohhhhh, I see.

Yessssssss

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4956 on: August 08, 2011, 12:13:56 PM

I am really getting into Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga.  It's awesome.

The wife is playing Dungeon Siege III.  I have started my own character because we are curious as to how the various story elements are changed between them.  She has a hoarding problem, while I sell everything I don't have equipped.  Game is garbagey either way.

In the "So, what're you not playing?" department: got my mainboard back from ASUS RMA and it has the same problem.  Furthermore, it has the same glob of thermal paste on the CPU contacts as it did when I shipped it out, so I'm going to guess they didn't actually do anything to it.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #4957 on: August 08, 2011, 04:21:14 PM

When I actually get 5 minutes to play, I've been cycling between Borderlands, Planeswalker 2012, and Limbo (which I really dig the look, sound and overall feeling of the world).
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4958 on: August 08, 2011, 04:45:06 PM

Started up Darksiders, which I got in the THQ pack a few weeks ago.  I can tell this will be a fun game, but I really, really need a gamepad. Trying to left alt+wsad AND hit caps+2 at the same time... not fun.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #4959 on: August 08, 2011, 05:24:59 PM

Dungeon Siege 3....Hahah oh man, it's so strange to compare this game to Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but it's really the most similar game I can think of. Terrible camera controls really made it hard to enjoy, but hey, it's really dumb when you can't even switch character in the midst of your playthrough...which really kills the game for me.

Also, only 9 skills per character? What?! A valiant effort, but man, they could've done better.

The messed up co-op s what killed it (ie: no sale) for me. I've since found that you can play it in an alright manner if you have a dedicated co-op partner. Apparently it saves their xp and loot, but you "just" have to redo armour configs and any customisation any time you fire up the game. I checked it out when one of my UK sellers dropped the price to bargain basement levels. I think I might let it get cheaper again before I worry about picking it up. Too much other stuff to play first.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #4960 on: August 08, 2011, 05:26:35 PM

I finally started on Wolfenstein 2009. The beginning was a bit bland, but 4 hours in it's like playing a nazi version of Singularity, ie. great fun.

Yeah, I found it to be quite a good game. I had all my stuff for it saved on my laptop which died, which is why I hadn't come back to it. Pickups or whatever it has exactly. I was doing 100% on them to that point.  Mob

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4961 on: August 08, 2011, 08:33:02 PM

Tonight we discovered that you cannot exceed lv 21 in the cyclops forges area of Dungeon Siege III.  You have to leave the area to even gain more XP.  Nice job, Obsidian.  Why do you keep getting projects?

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #4962 on: August 09, 2011, 12:17:33 AM

So it seems my memory played tricks on me and I screwed up in Bloodlines. I wasn't able to save both of the Malk sisters. That pissed me off enough that I stopped that replay, so its Eschalon Book 1 from now on. That and Witcher 2, if I can get past the UI for long enough stretches.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #4963 on: August 09, 2011, 12:36:35 AM

Hrm. I might have to give it another whirl if it really does get better after a while, that opening blandness turned me off the first time.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4964 on: August 09, 2011, 12:46:31 AM

Tonight we discovered that you cannot exceed lv 21 in the cyclops forges area of Dungeon Siege III.  You have to leave the area to even gain more XP.  Nice job, Obsidian.  Why do you keep getting projects?

Because every so often they give us a New Vegas that makes it all worthwhile.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #4965 on: August 09, 2011, 01:36:26 AM

Hrm. I might have to give it another whirl if it really does get better after a while, that opening blandness turned me off the first time.

Be sure to crank it up to hard difficulty, normal is way too easy. On hard you need to use the special powers, which makes the combat much more fun, and you actually end up using the tons of ammo you can pick up.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #4966 on: August 09, 2011, 06:01:40 AM

So it seems my memory played tricks on me and I screwed up in Bloodlines. I wasn't able to save both of the Malk sisters. That pissed me off enough that I stopped that replay, ...
You're doing her a favor, really.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #4967 on: August 09, 2011, 06:43:04 AM

That one reminded me of an ex. I used to have really bad (awesome) taste in women.

Full Deck Solitaire in the App Store is not awful. Had not previously been able to find a decent vegas solitaire for the mac (once through the deck, cumulative score). We used to leave the windows version running in the office when I was a manager at walmart, the different managers would play on break/lunch/work avoidance. Nothing better than building up a grand and going to lunch to see it gone. Page the other manager to the office :)
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #4968 on: August 09, 2011, 06:59:24 AM

Bought Fallout 3 GOTY edition during the QuakeCon sale because I was kicking myself for not picking it up during the summer sale.  So, playing through that again.  I only had the base game before this, so looking forward to playing the DLC too.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #4969 on: August 09, 2011, 08:55:48 AM

I finished the game in 12 hours and still confused on why I should switch to shield style when two handers just destroys everything with unlimited focus and bleed spam.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: