Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:15:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 28 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2240071 times)
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2135 on: December 15, 2009, 11:56:30 AM

I'm pretty well addicted to the random PUG thing in WoW, every game should have this. Well every game with dungeon instances, anyway.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2136 on: December 15, 2009, 12:27:46 PM

I'm pretty well addicted to the random PUG thing in WoW, every game should have this. Well every game with dungeon instances, anyway.

If I could get over my neuroses that I'm somehow screwing things up for others, I might enjoy this enough to resub. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2137 on: December 15, 2009, 12:30:21 PM

I did the LotRO equivalent of that recently, and I think I'm going to write a passionate forum post asking for them to remove equipment damage on death for these.  I can have fun with a bunch of idiots doing the Middle Earth version of Leeroy Jenkins, but not if I have to spend a fortune on repairs.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2138 on: December 15, 2009, 12:42:12 PM

If I could get over my neuroses that I'm somehow screwing things up for others, I might enjoy this enough to resub. 

That's the beauty of it.  Even if you are, chances are you'll never see them again.

-Rasix
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #2139 on: December 15, 2009, 12:50:40 PM

That's the beauty of it.  Even if you are, chances are you'll never see them again.

Yeah... but I could be the healer for YOUR group.  See how that works?

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2140 on: December 15, 2009, 01:09:41 PM

Yeah... but I could be the healer for YOUR group.  See how that works?

People who get angry about this stuff might consider another hobby.  Personally, I'd not burst a vein since I knew what I was getting into from the start.  Does anyone go into a PUG thinking "Yeah, we're gonna rock out with our cocks out!"?  I assume most would be glad just to complete the instance.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #2141 on: December 15, 2009, 01:44:20 PM

That is what worries me... what if I am the reason we don't finish?  Well, also an unreasonable fear of strangers.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #2142 on: December 15, 2009, 01:48:28 PM

There's nothing unreasonable about that.  They might be wearing hats.  HATS.   The godless heathens.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2143 on: December 15, 2009, 01:52:56 PM

Sorry, I know we're only a half hour from finishing this two hour instance. I want to go play guitar, bu-bye.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #2144 on: December 15, 2009, 01:55:04 PM

I've never had a bad PUG experience for 5 mans.  Of course, I don't get bent out of shape about people leaving.  In WOW I've never had trouble finishing the instance.  Now raid PUGs is a whole different ball of wax.
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #2145 on: December 15, 2009, 02:17:12 PM

And if you want to be 100% sure right mouse click on their names in chat and hit ignore  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Rasix

Reply #2146 on: December 15, 2009, 02:33:24 PM

Sorry, I know we're only a half hour from finishing this two hour instance. I want to go play guitar, bu-bye.

Heh, WoW hasn't had a 2 hour instance since launch.  Longest ones seem to take 45 minutes if you're moving really slow. 

I've seen one wipe in the entire weeks worth of random instances I've done and that didn't prevent the instance from being cleared in under 30.  Healer left in a huff and another one joined before the group had even finished recoverying.

It's really all very splendid and probably the best thing to happen for me with instances. My entire server can get bent. I don't have to join a social guild for grouping. And I don't have to be the fastest DPS to send a tell in order to do a particular instance.  No vent.  No cares if I screw up or need to try a new spec.  Hell, people don't even care if you leave mid run.  Some guy is going to be more than happy to pick up where you left off and get a couple of quick badges.

-Rasix
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #2147 on: December 15, 2009, 02:44:44 PM

Heh, WoW hasn't had a 2 hour instance since launch.  Longest ones seem to take 45 minutes if you're moving really slow. 

There is one good example of this still existing is Maraudon. They split the instance into three "dungeons" for random pug's. Orange/Purple/Waterfall, with the successes being Razorlash, Vyletongue, and Princess or Landslide (cannot remember). Problem is every random group I have been in for purple and orange wants to do the full thing. But then again /ignore and /groupquit fixes this  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Kageh
Terracotta Army

Reply #2148 on: December 15, 2009, 03:07:16 PM

Damn spoiled kids nowadays. Back in my time we were doing 5 hours Maraudon and 7 hours full Strat clears. Quitters naming and shaming on the official forums, too! MMOs were serious business back then!  why so serious?

Oh, and playing King Arthur: The Wargame. Awesome game. Aside from some glaring balance issues which might or might not make it really hard if you chose the wrong faction. A christian tyrant lives a tough life, let me tell you this!
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #2149 on: December 15, 2009, 03:15:49 PM

Continuing on my "I play bad games" theme, Bionic Commando arrived today for the 360. The game is again gorgeous, but the swing mechanics and combat is weird. It's pleasant enough and easy gamerscore, but the real value is in Gamestop trade deals. Two 10 euro games equals Darksiders or Mass Effect 2.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #2150 on: December 15, 2009, 03:18:55 PM

Damn this sounds pretty good! I just unsubbed too.  I have a thing for the obscure WoW dungeons; BFD, Mara, etc.  You're telling me I can get a group fast for these?

LOTRO needs these for their book instances as well as Moria.
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #2151 on: December 15, 2009, 04:07:49 PM

I have a thing for the obscure WoW dungeons; BFD, Mara, etc.  You're telling me I can get a group fast for these?

Quickest under 60 seconds for a Mara group last night, longest 14mins non primetime.

Another semi dickish thing i have been using it for is travel. Quicker to get a ZF group, kill yourself then eat the rez and /groupquit then boats/flying.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2152 on: December 16, 2009, 09:31:14 AM

Don't play WoW. The couple times I've grouped for a raid in EQ2, the majority of time spent was just getting people together. That's my main gripe, when I'm playing I'm focused and want to get shit done, because I'm not on all night. If something takes 45 minutes, I want someone who joins to be there ASAP. Not banking, not running from the far side of the world, not doing whatever the fuck is taking them fifteen minutes to show up.

And that requirement is also why I do not waste other people's time and thus rarely group. I feel there is a certain responsibility to not waste the time of others and apparently that's a rare feeling.

That King Arthur game is on my short list to get once I actually have some money some day.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2153 on: December 18, 2009, 01:05:19 AM

Fable II... for all of the improvements and additional sandboxing, it still feels like the same shallow, shitty game.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2154 on: December 22, 2009, 09:46:09 AM

I finally bought a Dualshock 3.

I'm gonna play something with it.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #2155 on: December 22, 2009, 10:37:17 AM

By god if that something isn't nethack, my faith in nerds everywhere has failed me.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2156 on: December 22, 2009, 10:51:25 AM

I've never played nethack, but I once saw it came with a Linux install I had. Does that make me at least a half assed nerd?
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2157 on: December 22, 2009, 11:48:18 AM

I swear to Thor I just read nethack as neckbeard.

FFH2 continues to deliver. Got moshstomped playing Embers by being too warlike too soon. Got the Luchuirp on a decent island and I'm doing fairly well, they maka tha moolah, which makes expansion much easier. First Iron Golems rolling off the foundry later tonight, Bannor is fucked. I may have dropped a foothold town on their far shore like a sneaksy lil dwarf...and claimed five goddamned resources with it (well, nabbed two right off and three more once it expands). Not two turns too soon, he promptly plopped down a town right next to it, because I got there just as he was sending over a settler.

I almost feel bad for his little town, fresh-faced pioneers escaping the crush of the city, hopes and dreams before them in the promise of a new frontier...and then the Iron Golems roll into town crushing everything under their heels. Welcome, dwarven overlords.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2158 on: December 22, 2009, 12:43:30 PM

Wow.. Two Worlds. How does a game like this even get made? And why the fuck did my friend suggest it swamp poop

I might actually burn the disc or something. I need to cleanse myself of this. [edit] Forsooth!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 12:50:51 PM by stray »
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2159 on: December 22, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

I thought it was fun for a while, then one day it wasn't. Definitely got my bin's worth out of it. Then again, I like that eastern euro style rpg, so I have a higher tolerance for a lot of the oddness in the game.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2160 on: December 22, 2009, 01:28:39 PM

InFamous. It was free with the PS3 my loving wife bought me. It's ok.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2161 on: December 22, 2009, 04:29:32 PM

Playing a bit of:

Borderlands (solo) on the PC
Borderlands (2P) with the wife on 360
Borderlands (3P) with two friends on 360
Wolverine (PS3) grinding up to max level before I take out the final boss. Because I don't know why. Despite Schild's bitching, the combat is a hell of a lot of fun. The puzzles, not so much.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Rasix

Reply #2162 on: December 22, 2009, 06:57:29 PM

WoW and Torchlight.  Maybe I'll fire up Last Remnant I picked up for $10 just to see what Ard and Yegolev's torrid love affair in here was all about. I bet it sucks.

This Steam sale is taunting me.

-Rasix
Vision
Terracotta Army

Reply #2163 on: December 22, 2009, 07:37:15 PM

I just put in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, and must say it is really fun. It doesn't have the charm that the first one did, nor do I think it is as difficult. Although the gameplay is as fun as ever.
Save the fucking camera.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #2164 on: December 22, 2009, 08:37:54 PM

WoW and Torchlight.  Maybe I'll fire up Last Remnant I picked up for $10 just to see what Ard and Yegolev's torrid love affair in here was all about. I bet it sucks.

This Steam sale is taunting me.

Another Steam sale?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Rasix

Reply #2165 on: December 22, 2009, 08:41:29 PM

Mother, sister, brother, cousin of all Steam sales.

-Rasix
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2166 on: December 22, 2009, 09:24:57 PM

I hope you have an Xbox 360 controller you can hook up to your PC.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2167 on: December 22, 2009, 10:24:23 PM

I've never played nethack, but I once saw it came with a Linux install I had. Does that make me at least a half assed nerd?

Not even a tiny, imaginary, divided-by-negative-one bit.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #2168 on: December 22, 2009, 10:29:40 PM

Maybe I'll fire up Last Remnant I picked up for $10 just to see what Ard and Yegolev's torrid love affair in here was all about. I bet it sucks.

If it makes you feel better, I noticed that schild purchased this from Steam recently.

I may even finish LR someday, just right now time is limited.  I mean it.  Not like before when I said my time was limited.  I'm fully in "let God sort'em out" territory for the past, oh... month, at least.

On topic, mostly I am playing LotRO, Torchlight and Dragon Age.  I reinstalled Diablo II: LoD and... discovered I like Torchlight more.  It's like finally getting out of AA.  Or maybe like moving from Budweiser to Fat Tire.

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2169 on: December 22, 2009, 11:46:42 PM

Tried some holiday cleanup (get some games finished and off the hard drive).

Managed Borderlands, and close in Puzzle Quest. But now I like cruising around in GTA 3, and thanks to the Steam sale (have mercy on my purse, you bastards) I will be more than distracted soon.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: