Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 09:04:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2237395 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #9205 on: July 26, 2014, 08:24:15 AM

Started SMT IV after shelving Bravely Default for the time being (fuck chapter 5 on). Holy dickpunch. I thought the beginning of Divinity: Original Sin was hard.

It's awesome that all of my summons seemingly get one shot all of the time. Then I fail a demon conversation and.. more one shots. Weeeeee.

-Rasix
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9206 on: July 26, 2014, 11:45:48 AM

It's a real SMT game, nevermind the hardware it runs on.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9207 on: July 26, 2014, 12:30:20 PM

What is SMT?  Google failed me.  I tried to make a game out of those letters but I failed me too.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9208 on: July 26, 2014, 12:34:32 PM

Shin Megami Tensei.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #9209 on: July 26, 2014, 12:34:57 PM

Shin Megami Tensei. Series of JRPGs.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #9210 on: July 26, 2014, 02:51:57 PM

I went to a LAN party held at my place of work where we had a 10 Gigabit backbone to connect to and on a whim I downloaded some of the games I got in bundles I didn't give a shit about.

I just finished Dead Space 3 and looooool it's really bad.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #9211 on: July 26, 2014, 03:35:20 PM

That's sad.  The first two were really good.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #9212 on: July 26, 2014, 05:32:50 PM

The game is beautiful and all the ways it could've been great are right there and hurt if you liked the first two games. The universal ammo, most of how the bench system works, and how the gathering shit works feels like it was really shoehorned in at the last minute and utterly fucked the game up. The increased amount of combat doesn't really bother me actually, but the major gimmick of the games (dismemberment) is basically not needed to be effective. Where in 1/2 bodyshots were worthless on 90% of all Necromorphs you can bodyshot anything down with the same amount of ammo it'd normally take to cut them apart the way you're expected to.

I just made a weapon with a shotgun and burst-fire rifle and modded the fuck out of it to do maximum damage and played it like Gears of Undead and destroyed the game.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #9213 on: July 26, 2014, 06:02:59 PM

I know this is why a lot of people hate Dark Souls 2 but I feel like I'm at the right point between difficulty and progression with it Maybe it's because Dark Souls 1 trained me, I dunno.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #9214 on: July 28, 2014, 03:00:45 AM

No one hates Dark Souls 2.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #9215 on: July 28, 2014, 03:52:26 AM

Except people who generally hate the souls series.

I've been playing a lot more 2D metroid. I've finished Super Metroid and I've also played Metroid Fusion (The GBA title). I really liked Super Metroid. I get why people are so enamored by it. It's an astoundingly complete game in a 'Metroidvania' sense, given that it was released in 1994.

The sense of exploration and achievement you get is still great and now that I've experienced Super Metroid firsthand I'm a bit miffed just how little subsequent games that were inspired by it have evolved since.

There are only two things I didn't really like about the game

- the controls: The controls are not nearly as tight as they should be and as other Super Nintendo titles like Super Mario World were at the time. Wall Jumps, Space Jumps and Scissor Jumps are hard to pull off as are all of the dash then jump maneuvers

- tying 100% completion and 'best' endings to speed of completion: It's a bit silly that a game that's all about exploration and discovery ties the best ending to your completion time. Not that it matters much but I feel that a game that is all about exploration should reward that instead

Fusion is the inferior game to Super Metroid in nearly every aspect except controls. The controls are better but the music is worse, the levels feelmore limited, the game is more linear and much more 'hand-holdy', the story doesn't make any sense whatsoever and the boss fights are just ridiculously unbalanced.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9216 on: July 28, 2014, 06:38:50 AM

Tomodachi Life, Path of Exile, Witcher 2.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #9217 on: July 28, 2014, 09:10:01 AM

Dicking around with some f2p Rift. Such a great time sink. Hate that it's a great time sink, ain't nobody got time for that.

Also the mofo want to cook up my gpus fierce, what with 86C?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9218 on: July 28, 2014, 09:25:00 AM

Also the mofo want to cook up my gpus fierce, what with 86C?

What does that even mean?

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #9219 on: July 28, 2014, 09:37:07 AM

It seriously heats his video card.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9220 on: July 28, 2014, 09:55:51 AM

Oh.  Right.  I'm an idiot again.  It does that to my laptop especially when it's mostly filled up with cat hair.   This desktop isn't quite as bad as that, thankfully.  It freaks me out when the laptop starts screaming.  Unfortunately, this is the game I loaded up on the laptop for her to fiddle with.  She doesn't seem to mind the screaming.  It's better, though, now that I've removed what would constitute nearly an entire cat from it.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #9221 on: July 28, 2014, 10:08:21 AM

He also kind of said it a little more ethnically than he might normally, for some reason.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #9222 on: July 28, 2014, 11:35:32 AM

There are two games that do it, Rift and I think Metro 2033.

I'll probably get tired of stressing my gpu and play TOR instead.
Count Nerfedalot
Terracotta Army

Reply #9223 on: July 29, 2014, 09:33:24 AM

Oh.  Right.  I'm an idiot again.  It does that to my laptop especially when it's mostly filled up with cat hair.   This desktop isn't quite as bad as that, thankfully.  It freaks me out when the laptop starts screaming.  Unfortunately, this is the game I loaded up on the laptop for her to fiddle with.  She doesn't seem to mind the screaming.  It's better, though, now that I've removed what would constitute nearly an entire cat from it.

Your cat is playing Rift on your laptop? Or was before the laptop ate it? What?

Yes, I know I'm paranoid, but am I paranoid enough?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9224 on: July 29, 2014, 11:34:12 AM

Huh? 

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #9225 on: July 29, 2014, 01:44:28 PM

My cat came over an passed out on my left arm when I was playing a bit last night.

My 23lb cat.

And of course got pissy every time I moved my arm like I had been, you know, before he claimed it as his own.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #9226 on: July 29, 2014, 02:17:11 PM

Maybe next time you won't adopt a pygmy panther.

Though Sally has finally gotten brave enough to get in my lap for pets instead of just poking at my arm.  It makes gaming even more difficult.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9227 on: July 29, 2014, 03:02:39 PM

My ginger cat, Lister, does that.  What he REALLY wants is to sleep on the keyboard but I keep pushing at him so he flops down on my arm and becomes dead weight.  He used to be almost 19 lbs but I put him on a diet and now he's a svelte 15 lbs.  Still, my arm falls asleep and my keyboard fills up with hair.  Magenta's a poker and a headbutter.

Rasix

Reply #9228 on: July 29, 2014, 03:09:55 PM

Not cat thread.

-Rasix
lesion

Reply #9229 on: July 29, 2014, 03:19:35 PM

All I've been playing is Dark Souls 2. Forever. Help.

steam|a grue \[T]/
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #9230 on: July 29, 2014, 03:21:40 PM

My cats and I are back into SWTOR fairly deep again, it's been YEARS since I did the Jedi Consular storyline so I'm going through it again as a blind human (whatever the fuck they're called) dude. I am basically RPing Master Vrook, and it amuses me. I'm also hilariously OP'd in the baby PvP brackets.

Also poked around in the Sims 2 recently (EA decided it didn't want to support a jillion different configurations of it any more and just gave EVERYONE who had ever registered a Sims 2 product an ultimate collection version). There are things I totally miss. But there are a lot more things I'm glad exist in the Sims 3. I won't bitch about what they're doing in the Sims 4 yet. YET. I will play it first. Then there will probably be a Reckoning.

ALSO played Unrest, which I had kickstarted at some point. I enjoyed it, but I'd definitely say people should wait until it's on sale, the $15 price on Steam right now is too high for a three hour game that sort of fumbles the ending a little bit. Still, up until that point, I was pretty into it (it's basically an ALL TALKING RPG set in fantasy India), and it still had a better ending than ME3.

Waiting around for Ingmar to decide it's time for us to play LotR: War in the North together. Someone got him two copies for his birthday!

God Save the Horn Players
Rasix

Reply #9231 on: July 29, 2014, 03:30:21 PM

I think I'm going to have to put down Marvel Heroes for a bit, since it's doing that whole ARPG kill-my-arm thing.  Luckily I just got Cyclops to 50.   awesome, for real

I feel like I want to resub to a MMO, but I can't decide on Wildstar or SWTOR.

SMT IV gets a lot easier once you get a few levels.  You're still beholden to the RNG gods a bit, hoping the boss fights don't decide to one shot your demons if they're not weak to something you have a ton of.  It's interesting, difficult in parts, and all the voice actors sound familiar.

-Rasix
schild
Administrator

Reply #9232 on: July 29, 2014, 03:33:46 PM

I just downloaded and am going to play The Fall.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9233 on: July 29, 2014, 03:52:40 PM

Waiting around for Ingmar to decide it's time for us to play LotR: War in the North together. Someone got him two copies for his birthday!

Let me know how this is, it seemed to evaporate shortly after release.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #9234 on: July 29, 2014, 08:58:18 PM

Just finished Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.  Holy CHRIST fuck these guys, I have never in my life seen assholes sequel baiting SO GODDAMN HARD.  It's bad enough when there's some after credits scene where the camera pans over to the villain's body and his eyes open, or a hand reaches up through the rubble of his destroyed fortress or something, but this game just says "meh, fuck narrative" and drops the end credits right BEFORE what would presumably be the climax.  If these guys wrote Return of the Jedi, the movie would have ended with Luke arriving in the Emperor's throne room and then immediately cut to some Wacky Races announcer going "WILL Luke escape from the clutches of the Emperor?  WILL Han and Leia disable the generator?  WILL the rebel fleet avoid destruction?  TUNE IN NEXT TIME when we reveal the answer in the first ten minutes and then spend the next twenty hours buying all the shops and upgrading our belt."

And they do this with EVERY SINGLE GAME so far.  There is no way the story for Assassin's Creed 3 can live up to this.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #9235 on: July 29, 2014, 09:05:24 PM

Buy more.
Please buy more ubishit.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #9236 on: July 30, 2014, 05:04:55 AM

Finished up everything I own on the 3DS, so I grabbed Mario 3D Land after watching Diabetus from SA's LP of Mario Galaxy 2.

It's a fun enough game, but god damn these controls are fiddly.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #9237 on: July 31, 2014, 03:31:29 AM

Got my new scorching fast gaming rig up and running, so I figure I really need to find something resource intensive and graphically challenging. 

And then I end up installing X-Wing Alliance instead.  I never played it and always wanted to, and have been otherwise jonesing for a good space sim.  It took a bit of work, but I got I did manage to get it installed on Windows 7 and working properly, witout any apparent graphical or font issues.  It looks like there is also an HD ship texture upgrade that can be done, but it looks a little more complicated and I'm not sure I will bother.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #9238 on: August 02, 2014, 03:05:52 PM

I am doing a playthrough of the Mass Effect trilogy and am right now at the best part

twitch.tv/samprimary
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #9239 on: August 02, 2014, 03:36:55 PM

Punching the reporter?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Pages: 1 ... 262 263 [264] 265 266 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: