Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:39:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2240143 times)
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9100 on: June 30, 2014, 09:00:15 AM

Divinity Original Sin with a stupid sounding man voice.  :(

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #9101 on: June 30, 2014, 10:44:10 AM

More variety than usual over here, so here's a round up:

Project Zomboid: Multiplayer is finally in and working and it's pretty awesome.  They really need to flesh out the game world/maps a bit more but if you aren't totally DONE with zombies at this point this game is really fun.  No regrets despite the development hell it was in for a while.

Watch_Dogs:  The multiplayer invasion thing is really cool.  The missions, however, are a big letdown.  The core gameplay is pretty nifty, but the number of stealth missions with auto-fail conditions when you are spotted is just terrible.  In general there are way too many missions that have to be done a specific way.  The game pretends to be a sandbox game with all sorts of neat hacking and gun play but it's actually a lot of very narrow missions stuck in an otherwise open world.  If this hadn't come for free with a recent video card upgrade, I'd be disappointed. 

Dishonored: Steam sale purchase.  Fun but not great.  The controls are a bit overcomplicated, but there is a lot going on so I guess that was bound to happen. Stealth is done surprisingly well in this game, especially coming off Watch Dogs.   Generally like it and worth the 5 bucks, but I don't think it would have been worth more than that.

Counter Strike: Global Offensive:  While I was abroad they overhauled the competitive mode for this.  Given that I used to play Counter Strike "competitively" I had to give it a shot.  It's pretty fun.  I know that sort of thing isn't super popular around here, but I'm still playing it a match every couple of days.

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls: Another one that came out while I was abroad.  Definitely a great expansion.  Enough has been said about it and I don't really have anything unique to add. 

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #9102 on: June 30, 2014, 10:59:40 AM

I tried the project zomboid demo, and just couldn't get over the fact that the game looks like it was made in 1982.  I know, I know, graphics aren't everything, yada yada.  This is the kind of game that should be right up my alley, but somehow it isn't.  I can't get over the shit graphics.

Which is kind of strange, because I just bought FTL a week ago and totally loved it.  Apples and oranges, I guess.  My loss.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
schild
Administrator

Reply #9103 on: June 30, 2014, 11:08:20 AM

FTL has style.

Zomboid looks too shitty to warrant wasting any time on it.

Graphics aren't everything, but if they're not passable, then fuckit.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #9104 on: June 30, 2014, 11:18:00 AM

Hex, and working my way through Sleeping Dogs. Fun game, although I have some of the same problems I always do with open world crime games. Being a cop helps some.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #9105 on: June 30, 2014, 11:22:21 AM

FTL has style.

Zomboid looks too shitty to warrant wasting any time on it.

Graphics aren't everything, but if they're not passable, then fuckit.

That was one of my major problems with Arcanum. It was hellishly ugly back in the day.   Even now with a resolution hack, it was barely passable. 

Mostly playing Wildstar, Marvel Heroes and some FTL.  I imagine most of this will be pushed aside for Divinity: OS tonight.  Well, if my son isn't super sick again and waking up every hour or so.

-Rasix
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9106 on: June 30, 2014, 01:25:46 PM

Got a taste of FTL.  Pretty engaging.
I'm playng PvZ Garden Warfare because it's fun and requires little commitment.
Also a little Tropico 4, but I probably won't be able to stick with it.
My son and his friends have gotten very into Tomodachi Life.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9107 on: June 30, 2014, 01:53:00 PM

I LOVE PvZ Garden Warfare in a boldly capital way. 

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #9108 on: June 30, 2014, 01:54:17 PM

Got Xcom complete edition with the Steam sale and finished the Enemy Unknown campaign in two days. Loved it isanely. I finished the game on a Sunday night, having to go to work the next morning but too pumped to quit. Then, 4am, I went on to start Enemy Within savouring a new campaign... only to find out there's no new campaign at all and while the expansion adds a lot of weapons, maps, and new mechanics, it does NOT bring a new campaign. I was so sad, if I had known I would have played Enemy Within right away, but there's no way I am replaying it. I should have researched, but I try so hard to stay away from spoilers that I didn't read anything about Enemy Within.

Now I am back into the MechWarrior Online void.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9109 on: June 30, 2014, 01:55:55 PM

But you can remove the arms and legs from your marines and turn them into bumbling targets!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9110 on: June 30, 2014, 02:15:21 PM

But you can remove the arms and legs from your marines and turn them into bumbling targets unstoppable mecha killing machines!
FIFY.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #9111 on: June 30, 2014, 02:17:22 PM

Hex, and working my way through Sleeping Dogs. Fun game, although I have some of the same problems I always do with open world crime games. Being a cop helps some.

I'm running into that problem with PayDay2. There's only so much body count of SWAT guys I can take in a day before I start feeling like a dick.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #9112 on: June 30, 2014, 02:54:17 PM

Hex and splitting my time with Just Cause 2, Mass Effect, and Far Cry 3 (summer sale ho!)

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #9113 on: June 30, 2014, 05:20:59 PM

Still Mario Kart but not much longer though. I only ever get matched up in online play against people that are way better at the game. Seems like the pros are slowly driving the normal players away probably because it's not that fun to always end up last.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9114 on: July 01, 2014, 06:05:54 AM

But you can remove the arms and legs from your marines and turn them into bumbling targets unstoppable mecha killing machines!
FIFY.

Mine seem somewhat stoppable.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #9115 on: July 01, 2014, 06:23:12 AM

I just finished Stick of Truth.  If you like South Park, this game is TOTALLY worth it.  I actually thought it was sort of great.  According to steam, it took me 22 hours to get through it...adjusted for pause times and a death or two, it was easily 20 hours of solid content.  You could blow through it faster if you skip the side quests, but I have no idea why you would do that.  The side quest content is easily as good as the main quest.  As an RPG, it is actually pretty good.  It is not exactly deep, but there is enough there to hold up the stellar presentation, so I have zero complaints about it.  It is also pretty easy, but I don't think making it more difficult would actually improve the game...you aren't here for combat challenges, you are here so you can play around in South Park.

They could easily make a sequel (or expansion) out of this by just re-using all the art assets and dumping a new story straight on top of it, and I would buy it.  I waited until this game was half price, but would have been satisfied had I paid full price.  I hope they make another.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #9116 on: July 01, 2014, 10:35:07 AM

It's a great game, I've been playing with my son on the 360 the last month or so and it's a blast. I may actually double dip on this one and pick up the PS4 version when it comes out in August.
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #9117 on: July 01, 2014, 11:01:13 AM

It's a great game, I've been playing with my son on the 360 the last month or so and it's a blast. I may actually double dip on this one and pick up the PS4 version when it comes out in August.

This game made me realize how many people have a Kinect and either don't realize or don't care that they have an open mic basically the whole time they are playing.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9118 on: July 01, 2014, 11:31:09 AM

I'm unclear on how to play with people that are my friends.  I also seem to have voices muted, so that's great.  The game population really drops off after Bedtime.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #9119 on: July 01, 2014, 10:31:44 PM

Shovel Knight 3ds is the near-perfect NES game.  It reminds me of how far games have come, and how simpler games are often better games. 

It's also great at making me realize I'm not quite as quick on the Dpad as I once was.
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #9120 on: July 02, 2014, 07:57:19 AM

Been playing a fair bit of Gimbal, which combines my love of old-school Star Control combat and building things in the ship editor.  The community is pretty sparse, but they have a $3500T and under FFA noob server up all the time that you can find people on periodically.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 08:12:26 AM by MisterNoisy »

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #9121 on: July 03, 2014, 07:15:15 AM

Beat RE4 (with over 400 ammo of various types left over, maybe I was being slightly paranoid?). Moved on to RE5, which an hour in can't hold a candle to 4. Controls are a bit better on paper, but the clunky coop mechanics ruin the whole thing. Also, replacing the whaddaya buyin'/sellin' dude with a shop menu in between chapters? So much fail. Still, it's enjoyable enough.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 07:19:02 AM by jakonovski »
schild
Administrator

Reply #9122 on: July 03, 2014, 09:33:36 AM

Beat RE4 (with over 400 ammo of various types left over, maybe I was being slightly paranoid?). Moved on to RE5, which an hour in can't hold a candle to 4. Controls are a bit better on paper, but the clunky coop mechanics ruin the whole thing. Also, replacing the whaddaya buyin'/sellin' dude with a shop menu in between chapters? So much fail. Still, it's enjoyable enough.

Those other things are not even games compared to RE4.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9123 on: July 03, 2014, 01:01:21 PM

Don't play RE6, even though it has Leon.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #9124 on: July 03, 2014, 01:09:15 PM

I bought all the Resident Evils from some big sale so I have to play them all.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #9125 on: July 03, 2014, 01:20:06 PM

ODC is a bitch.  I know how it is.

Going to try to play a HEX draft tonight, if I can escape the life obstacles.  Besides that, since I'm stuck in the Georgia mountains until Sunday night, I might do some Pokemon Y or SMT IV.

WayAbvPar

Reply #9126 on: July 03, 2014, 03:13:05 PM

I should have another free draft token tonight, so I may try to hunt you down and draft with you. Or I might go play poker. Or WoT. Or 7 Days To Die. Or FIFA 14.

I may have over caffeinated today.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #9127 on: July 03, 2014, 06:09:58 PM

I should have another free draft token tonight, so I may try to hunt you down and draft with you. Or I might go play poker. Or WoT. Or 7 Days To Die. Or FIFA 14.

5x weekend doesn't start until tomorrow.  Go play poker. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #9128 on: July 03, 2014, 06:32:58 PM

Dark Souls 2, finally. Made some time.

I'm realizing that one of the things that annoys me about the whole series is that the physics is so jury-rigged, so inconsistent. You can jump down where the game wants you to jump down, die where it doesn't. It really does not feel like X distance = Y damage. You can jump over where you're meant to, not where you aren't. Which is, I know, video games. But there's something about the premise, something about the environment, that makes me want it to be consistent and therefore open to invention and surprise. And the thing is, it really is not, never. Because if it were, you could cheese it, and if you could cheese it, the precious aura of being so hard and punishing and all that would be lost.

There has got to be a way of making open environments with consistent physics that aren't instantly vulnerable to dumb cheese tactics that exploit enemy AI, pathing, etc.

I dunno. But it is still sort of fun, and this one does feel easier, maybe because Dark Souls trains you. Though starting as a sorcerer, having done melee last time, feels rough for the very beginning. I eventually knuckled under and summoned a player phantom for Pursuer, for one.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #9129 on: July 04, 2014, 06:47:10 AM

I hear dyslexia is pretty terrible also.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #9130 on: July 04, 2014, 07:00:40 AM

I hear dyslexia is pretty terrible also.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #9131 on: July 04, 2014, 06:49:42 PM

I did what you see there.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #9132 on: July 04, 2014, 09:46:37 PM

Threw a bunch of mods into Skyrim and started up a new playthough, this time as a caster. Trying to finish the Mages' Guild before moving on to Dawnguard, Dragonborn and the modded content. Mods used:

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #9133 on: July 04, 2014, 11:31:13 PM

I'm starting to understand why hiding hat is a pay to use feature.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #9134 on: July 04, 2014, 11:49:42 PM

That's my favorite hat in the whole game.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: