Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 11:08:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2240182 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #8295 on: December 16, 2013, 02:07:21 PM

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #8296 on: December 16, 2013, 02:14:29 PM

If we could make that gif my title, it would save time.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8297 on: December 16, 2013, 02:44:22 PM

Finished Bioshock Infinite. I will have to blog about it, but to say that it disappeared directly up its own ass is being too kind.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #8298 on: December 16, 2013, 03:25:05 PM

Been playing The Bureau: XCOM Declassified ever since the Steam sale on it. I was surprised at how challenging and tactical the combat is. It's actually an ok game. Clearly they had something much more ambitious in mind until funds were diverted to a certain other game, but enough remains that it's quite enjoyable. I just wish they'd made it a completely new IP, a cold war UFO setting is more than cool enough (and not unholy sacrilege, as a bonus).
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8299 on: December 16, 2013, 08:05:08 PM

Starbound.

Started up Warframe again and it looks good.  Too bad all my friends in Bat Country last logged in between 90 and 150 days ago.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #8300 on: December 17, 2013, 07:05:48 AM

I got tired of every mission for anything even semi-cool being level 90+ and more often than not Mobile Defense.  It sucked all the fun out of Warframe.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #8301 on: December 17, 2013, 11:40:34 PM

Started up Arcanum. I think it's been.. what 10+ years since I last played?  I quit in a huff when playing it its release state. Other attempts never got beyond installing, patching, and loading maybe once.  

Still ugly as sin, but at least it's got higher res hacked in.  The bug fixes are welcome.  

I may actually try to finish it, since this is rather compelling, at least early on.  However, this shit takes forever to play, and I've got a GW2 addiction to feed.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #8302 on: December 18, 2013, 12:27:06 AM

You'll probably quit in one of the incredibly long boring dungeons. There's a lot of good stuff in that game but some of it is just an awful slog.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Bzalthek
Terracotta Army

"Use the Soy Sauce, Luke!" WHOM, ZASH, CLISH CLASH! "Umeboshi Kenobi!! NOOO!!!"

Reply #8303 on: December 18, 2013, 02:26:36 AM

I picked up Rust (alpha) because I saw some streamers running around.  It's a post apoc zombie survival with farming and building.  It's super boring on non-pvp servers, and you definitely need friends on pvp.  I would definitely be a farmer bot for any f13 crew that decided to roll on a server.  It's got plenty of issues but the streams are pretty damn interesting.

"Pity hurricanes aren't actually caused by gays; I would take a shot in the mouth right now if it meant wiping out these chucklefucks." ~WayAbvPar
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #8304 on: December 18, 2013, 11:34:13 AM

I picked up Aarklash Legacy from gog.com for $13.00. Fun game, worth the price for sure. Playing on hardcore mode and it's challenging at times. THe only issue I have is that the gear and item drops are boring as shit. It's essentially just jewelry.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #8305 on: December 19, 2013, 11:06:35 AM

Picked up Civ 5 the other day, spent 5 hrs two nights ago and 3 hrs last night .. Oops, went to bed a little late. I enjoy (limited amounts of) the Civ games, but I'm not sure going from Civ 4 to Civ 5 really did much for me.

Any recommendations for a newer city building game on Steam? Something like Caesars?

- Viin
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #8306 on: December 20, 2013, 11:03:59 AM

Started playing Mario 3D World. The other night I did the first two worlds, then yesterday I did like most of the rest of the game...very addictive. It's really hard to not go back in to find a star / stamp you missed or just move on to the next area, then before you know it it's 12 hours later.

The amount of stuff in the game is pretty mind-blowing. Very smart use of the existing mechanics in new ways as well as one-off content. The game also has a lot of personality, something the New Super Mario games totally lack. 3D Land was very good but this just completely blows it away.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #8307 on: December 20, 2013, 05:25:21 PM

Starbound.

Started up Warframe again and it looks good.  Too bad all my friends in Bat Country last logged in between 90 and 150 days ago.

I actually started playing Warframe yesterday and enjoyed it enough to get one of the starter packs as they were 50% off.  Other than that, I'm on vacation at my parents home and I've been seeing what games I can get to run on their crappy lap top.  I was surprised Warframe runs as well as it does on it but I've been mostly sticking to things like Papers Please, Hearthstone, Card Hunter and Ticket to Ride.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #8308 on: December 22, 2013, 03:45:09 PM

Just started Outlast: can't wait to see if my heart is still in good condition   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  ACK! . Worst case scenario: nice knowing you all :P

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
schild
Administrator

Reply #8309 on: December 22, 2013, 03:52:43 PM

Just started Outlast: can't wait to see if my heart is still in good condition   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?  ACK! . Worst case scenario: nice knowing you all :P

I watched Raedwulf play it. It's not the scariest game I've enjoyed people having pant-shitting moments on camera to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58tKRYx2uTA

that sentence is awful, don't care, christmas
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #8310 on: December 22, 2013, 05:39:11 PM

Started up Arcanum. I think it's been.. what 10+ years since I last played?  I quit in a huff when playing it its release state. Other attempts never got beyond installing, patching, and loading maybe once.  

Still ugly as sin, but at least it's got higher res hacked in.  The bug fixes are welcome.  

I may actually try to finish it, since this is rather compelling, at least early on.  However, this shit takes forever to play, and I've got a GW2 addiction to feed.  awesome, for real

play escaped from circus ogre

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #8311 on: December 22, 2013, 10:20:02 PM

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #8312 on: December 23, 2013, 12:50:13 PM

Still playing a ton of Guild Wars 2, but have bought a few games off Steam in the last couple of days. I didn't really need to add to my backlog of games, but who can resist a good sale amirite?

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #8313 on: December 23, 2013, 06:56:55 PM

Finished The Walking Dead Season 1 (minus the DLC). So good  Heart

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #8314 on: December 23, 2013, 07:58:45 PM

Finished AC Revelations. I enjoyed Brotherhood, but this one left me cold. I just finished all the story in a row after about Sequence 4 just to get it done.

Fired up M&B Native expansion again. I'll probably pour 20 hours into that before the end of the year.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Xilren's Twin

Reply #8315 on: December 24, 2013, 05:13:09 AM

At the moment, both Eldritch and Paper Sorcerer are getting the run through in my time limited days of Christmas.  Both lots of fun for $3 and $5 respectively.

Once i have more time, on to Blackguards.

"..but I'm by no means normal." - Schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #8316 on: December 24, 2013, 08:54:48 AM

FTL is currently pushing my shit in.

Nothing like teleporting two of your pipe-hitting rock men into the enemy ship only for it to hyperspace out.

Poor chaps.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #8317 on: December 24, 2013, 08:58:05 AM

FTL is currently pushing my shit in.

Nothing like teleporting two of your pipe-hitting rock men into the enemy ship only for it to hyperspace out.

Poor chaps.

Gotta break those engines first, bro  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #8318 on: December 24, 2013, 12:10:48 PM

No, I did, but the fucker fixed them and clearly his FTL didn't reset.  The Cunt.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #8319 on: December 24, 2013, 01:02:20 PM

Picked up Jade Empire, FTL, Shogun 2 and Braid.

Also starting Planescape: Torment again...
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #8320 on: December 24, 2013, 01:03:42 PM

I've been dropping the c word way too often in AC4.  It really isn't worth the most vile word in the English language.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #8321 on: December 24, 2013, 06:10:43 PM

Started playing XCOM; had to restart after a few hours because I'd made some dumb mistakes but now things are going good. Turning the tutorial off helped too, so I can manage my base and everything exactly how I want it.

Also tried out State of Decay, which is nice but I wish it had a 1st person mode. Played a bit of Craft the World, a cross between Terraria and DF; it's not bad but you can't move your stockpile so you're stuck building a base exactly where you spawned which sort of sucks. It's early access though, so I understand. I'll probably shelve it for a while because I've got plenty of other shit to play.

Working on a NG+ of Persona 3 Portable on my Vita; just did the first term finals and it's almost time for the beach trip.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #8322 on: December 24, 2013, 09:22:35 PM

So I've bough a few games this year. Started with the game my friends quite playing league for which is DayZ....boy oh boy. Now that I have it I'm just going to make excuses for not playing....
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #8323 on: December 25, 2013, 04:21:00 PM

Mighty Quest for Epic Loot. I was very skeptic about it (friends were raving about it), but it turns out to be a lot of fun. Curious to see how it'll evolve, it is already very cool but the potential is huge.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #8324 on: December 26, 2013, 02:28:20 PM

In between Battlefield 4 and soon to be Football Manager 2014, I installed Tropico 4 finally and poked around in it. The tutorials kind of put me to sleep, but I soldiered through and started a campaign game. This is really fun. I'm about 3 hours into the regular campaign and I really like it.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #8325 on: December 27, 2013, 12:09:43 AM

Rogue Legacy and I need a controller. Badly.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #8326 on: December 27, 2013, 02:26:43 AM

Mighty Quest for Epic Loot. I was very skeptic about it (friends were raving about it), but it turns out to be a lot of fun. Curious to see how it'll evolve, it is already very cool but the potential is huge.

There's some cool stuff here, but I feel like the F2P side of it is a little over the top with all the upgrades having delays that you can buy past with the for-money currency, and many of the other upsells: "oh you don't have enough lifeforce to buy Critter X, would you like to spend Bling?!!"

The bit where you can watch replays of invasions of your castle in addition to just seeing if they succeeded or failed is nice.

Definitely potential if they don't totally drown it in pay-for-upgrades and they add a bit more complexity (it'd be nice to have keys/locked doors, mutating layouts, etc rather than just rooms + monsters + traps).
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #8327 on: December 27, 2013, 02:27:42 AM

Rogue Legacy and I need a controller. Badly.
Yeah, the game is impossible with a keyboard.  You absolutly must use a controller, or don't bother playing it.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #8328 on: December 27, 2013, 07:56:26 AM

Despite being designed for it, I found Rogue Legacy (like most side-scrolling platformers) controls really badly with a 360 pad.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #8329 on: December 27, 2013, 08:41:04 AM

I'm so ready for this platformer fad to go away. Lots of otherwise great games being ruined by it.

BUT I'M OLD FUCK YER SNES YOU TWATS
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: