Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 10:13:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 24 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2239999 times)
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6720 on: February 08, 2013, 12:44:02 PM

Shadow can make a good archer or caster; there are plenty of nodes for either bow or spell right by the starting point.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6721 on: February 08, 2013, 01:01:41 PM

I don't remember all this gender shit when we were playing D2.  I can't really spot the gender in PoE anyway.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #6722 on: February 08, 2013, 01:14:34 PM

I just wish my Witch would put on some pants once in a while. It's fine when you're starting out in rags and you just look like some dirty street urchin, but now that I'm higher level, it's weird having nice clean headgear, robes, and boots, but then bare dirty legs.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #6723 on: February 08, 2013, 01:19:38 PM

There is much complaining about the lack of pants on their official forums. I guess the high level armor finally lets you ditch the burlap sacks and loincloths, but it does look stupid.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #6724 on: February 08, 2013, 02:29:00 PM

Sleeping Dogs isn't terrible, but I compare everything to San Andreas which isn't fair.  There seems to be a bug in the game where everyone drives on the wrong side of the road.  Also, playing it makes me want Just Cause 3 to be here.
Yes.

I'm up to about a 75% chance of getting in the correct side of a car now. But 100% not doing anything on a goddamned motorcycle or 'complete stop on each lightpole until you fly off the bike and lose the race the first time you hit a car'. Luckily, I'm not an achievement whore.

And yes.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #6725 on: February 08, 2013, 10:57:10 PM

I just wish my Witch would put on some pants once in a while. It's fine when you're starting out in rags and you just look like some dirty street urchin, but now that I'm higher level, it's weird having nice clean headgear, robes, and boots, but then bare dirty legs.

I swear, pants must've done a lot of art people wrong, because there is a lack of pants so often.

I've been dicking around in CK2 the past few days. I learned that the Croatian royal family line has a lot of derp in it (I had more imbecile and slow kids in that game than all my other games combined) and this is probably due to the family being totally cool with marrying their cousins behind my back. Luckily I was saved from having to actually PLAY as an imbecile because his big sister murdered the fuck out of him about two seconds after he took the throne and became an awesome bad-ass queen (who eventually had to murder her son and her idiot grandchildren (both sons were imbeciles and the daughter was slow) so that her OTHER son, the one who DIDN'T marry a cousin (because he was never out from under my oppressive thumb) could take the throne when she died) (plus it got that duchy back under my control <cough>).

I also decided to try out being the HRE. It's surprisingly annoying, because your stupid little vassals never stop fighting long enough to change the inheritance laws (I don't like agnatic).

God Save the Horn Players
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6726 on: February 08, 2013, 11:41:49 PM

The demo for Etrian Odyssey 4 is up on the Nintendo Shop for 3DS; your save files carry over to the real game which is awesome. If you like old school dungeon crawls, have a 3DS, and somehow have never played an EO game give the demo a shot. It's awesome.

Made it up to Chapter 10 in Fire Emblem Awakening; working on my Social Links (or whatever they're called in FE) so I can get half decent kids after reading up on the inheritance system over at GameFAQs.

I'm starting to really want a 3DS XL now that there are a bunch of good games for it; it's a shame the FE bundle was a regular 3DS or else I'd have bought it in a heartbeat.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6727 on: February 09, 2013, 12:24:36 PM

I saw a girl in the park today without pants.  She was doing cartwheels.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #6728 on: February 09, 2013, 12:25:55 PM

Is this a game? And if so where can I get it? awesome, for real
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #6729 on: February 09, 2013, 05:27:40 PM

I downloaded the EO4 demo and have the game on pre-order. Was thinking about not playing the demo but since your game carries over guess I will!

Getting a lot of use out of my 3DS now. I have Fire Emblem, EO4 on the way and Kid Icarus sitting around unopened.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6730 on: February 09, 2013, 08:25:50 PM

I saw a girl in the park today without pants.  She was doing cartwheels.
Why so SFW?
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6731 on: February 09, 2013, 09:15:33 PM

I downloaded the EO4 demo and have the game on pre-order. Was thinking about not playing the demo but since your game carries over guess I will!

Getting a lot of use out of my 3DS now. I have Fire Emblem, EO4 on the way and Kid Icarus sitting around unopened.
Don't forget SMT: Soul Hackers in April.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #6732 on: February 11, 2013, 06:50:02 AM

Spent the weekend playing Veteran HC Mode in TL2 with friends. The highest we got as a collective group was 20. I do not recommend trying to advance the story Torchlight 2 with 5 other people in Hardcore mode.

Still wicked fun. Watching 3 out of 5 of us succumb to a trapped chest that was accidentally opened while fighting a Champ mob generated enough laughs that it wasn't too painful to reroll again. Think I'm on the 3rd version of my Engineer - one of the guys is on Embermage V. Pretty funny to all go into town and see roman numerals after everyone's names.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #6733 on: February 11, 2013, 08:11:59 AM

-Tera with static group, almost to the first dungeon which hopefully will be less bad than overworld leveling is. Its been ok because its so fast but the game is just still so lifeless, so pretty but so not a "world".

-Just started up Path of Exile. Me and my duo partner's HC character was sent back to softcore by a double boss pack but mainly because one pack was those ghost pirates that teleport. Ouch. Fun game though but I'm glad I waited through the year I had CB access without playing.

-Dota2, I'm back in high matchmaking and feeling pretty good about stuff. I only play RD and CM because the other modes are all garbage and CM is pretty much ass. How does LoL have a better game mode and why doesn't Valve just copy it already? Single draft is such fucking stupid shit.

-EYE Devine Cybermancy, this is so strange and somehow quite compelling.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6734 on: February 11, 2013, 08:36:04 AM

I swear, pants must've done a lot of art people wrong, because there is a lack of pants so often.

It's the tying them with the deformation of the legs across 5-6 different models.

Skirts are simpler to maintain. Take note many games use the original model legs with a texture swap and "boot" models to create the end of the leg.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6735 on: February 11, 2013, 11:26:21 AM

It's the tying them with the deformation of the legs across 5-6 different models.

Skirts are simpler to maintain. Take note many games use the original model legs with a texture swap and "boot" models to create the end of the leg.

And yet curiously dude characters always have pants.  Ohhhhh, I see. Sorry BW, this rings totally false.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6736 on: February 11, 2013, 12:10:54 PM

The three classes in PoE with no pants are Witch (female), Templar (male), and Marauder (male). So please take your sexism argument elsewhere.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #6737 on: February 11, 2013, 01:00:41 PM

And yet curiously dude characters always have pants.  Ohhhhh, I see. Sorry BW, this rings totally false.

Nope. The models that "Have pants" had "pants" to begin with. The models that do not, don't. Note the shadow always has his apron. There are some armors at higher level that have Thigh length coverage, coupled with boots.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 01:10:07 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #6738 on: February 11, 2013, 03:47:28 PM

And yet curiously dude characters always have pants.  Ohhhhh, I see. Sorry BW, this rings totally false.

Nope. The models that "Have pants" had "pants" to begin with. The models that do not, don't. Note the shadow always has his apron. There are some armors at higher level that have Thigh length coverage, coupled with boots.

Sjofn's comments were about games in general, not PoE specifically, and since you didn't specify in your reply I thought you were trying to make some kind of statement about games in general.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #6739 on: February 11, 2013, 04:16:47 PM

Pants are overrated. I wouldn't wear them unless society made me. TUNICS AND ROBES FOR ALL!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #6740 on: February 11, 2013, 04:19:50 PM

Yeah, I wasn't talking about PoE specifically, because I haven't played that game. It just seems like in an awful lot of games, especially if you're playing a lady, pants are suddenly in very short supply, which strikes me as dumb.

Titan Quest didn't have pants for anyone, but it's about the only game I've ever played where I found that acceptable.  why so serious?

cironian
Terracotta Army

play his game!: solarwar.net

Reply #6741 on: February 11, 2013, 04:36:21 PM

Picked up the PS3 port of Okami. Damn, that game is really gorgeous in HD. Most worthwhile PS2->PS3 port I've seen so far.

Also, Skyrim. Probably for the rest of eternity, after peeking at all the list of quests that are still out there for me. Haven't even considered buying the expansions yet.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6742 on: February 11, 2013, 06:41:29 PM

Re: pantslessness. If it's good enough for Rihanna, Xtina and Bouncey, I say it's good enough for us all. Whore is the new black.
Abelian75
Terracotta Army

Reply #6743 on: February 12, 2013, 07:49:41 PM

In fairness, I mean, pants kinda suck, right?  I certainly prefer not wearing pants when at all possible.  When I come home from work?  The pants are right off.  Mind you, I might cover the ol' genitals with a robe or just some boxers, but the full-on pants?  Fuck that shit.

My Marauder just looks sensible not wearing pants, really.
Nightblade
Terracotta Army

Reply #6744 on: February 12, 2013, 08:20:35 PM

Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #6745 on: February 12, 2013, 09:40:01 PM

Following a momentary lapse of sanity, I found myself as a tester of a translation project for "Generation XTH", a japanese dungeon crawler series for the PC. The game's actually pretty fun, feels like a cyberpunk take on oldschool Wizardry / Bard's Tale games* with some modern gameplay elements (crafting/upgrading, team skills, etc) and thankfully there's a functional automap unlike SOME GAMES I could name. Also, apparently you can transfer your characters between the games just like Wizardry 1-3 or Bard's Tale 1-3. Oh boy.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Some screenshots here if anyone's interested, demo should be out within a week I think.

* apparently such games are HUGE over there, with their own sub-genre and everything
As a follow-up, the demo was released today; that "week" ended up taking a while. :p

It's available here. The final version won't be finished for a month or two, though...

Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #6746 on: February 12, 2013, 09:45:31 PM

I was reminded the other day that I never played The Longest Journey, and point-and-click adventure seemed like something to do... a few hours in and enjoying it so far, though the graphics (especially the character models) have not aged incredibly well there's an enjoyable game here.  The voice acting is surprisingly good for an older title.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #6747 on: February 12, 2013, 11:14:25 PM

In fairness, I mean, pants kinda suck, right?  I certainly prefer not wearing pants when at all possible.  When I come home from work?  The pants are right off.  Mind you, I might cover the ol' genitals with a robe or just some boxers, but the full-on pants?  Fuck that shit.

My Marauder just looks sensible not wearing pants, really.

I love pants. Even my pajamas have pants involved. I never wear shorts, and I generally shun skirts. I am a pants fangirl.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6748 on: February 13, 2013, 06:31:55 AM

We can make tag football leagues:  Pants vs. No-Pants.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6749 on: February 13, 2013, 06:43:39 AM

Aliens: Colonial Marines for far too long.  Once I figured out how to run a two-man co-op, that is.  Moved the difficulty to Hardened from the start and we are somehow having a good time.  The marines are whiny, the xenomorphs are not really xenomorphs, the tracker doesn't really do anything, but somehow we were having fun and found interesting and likable parts.  Not just dying a lot due to stupidity, either.

Atelier Iris 3.

Dark Souls, entered the painting after falling off the ledge trying to deal with the archer-knights too many times.  The worst part was that I was mostly dying by falling off the ledge.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #6750 on: February 13, 2013, 07:45:56 AM

We can make tag football leagues:  Pants vs. No-Pants.
Will you be wearing your strap-n-crap?
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6751 on: February 13, 2013, 09:28:07 AM

I'll be using it like a leash.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #6752 on: February 15, 2013, 02:11:50 PM

Halo 4 again, because Spartan Ops season one is almost wrapping up and the story is pretty good.

The Secret World, because it's still damn fun.

PS2, because it's still finding its stride and can be fun at times.

STO, because the goddamn STF grind won't let me go.

APB, because every now and then, it's stupid fun.

That said, I average about five hours of gaming a week lately, so I'm not playing any of them all that long.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #6753 on: February 15, 2013, 05:16:30 PM

I've finally started ME3. I've also been poking around the Steam store, looking at some of the older games to see if I want to try it. (I did decide to, again, play Half Life Source). I was looking at Prototype or Deus Ex (I've never played either. Any of the versions)....probably the newest Deus Ex though.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #6754 on: February 16, 2013, 06:07:41 AM

At the very least get Human Revolution.  It's a damn good game.

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: