Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:35:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 13 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231200 times)
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #4900 on: July 28, 2011, 02:48:57 PM

DA2 again, 'cause the DLC came out and it was fun and now I started a new playthrough because all my Wardens need to have a DA2 playthrough attached to their saves dammit.

Also been dinking around in the Sims 3 with a little bit of WoW and Rift when I'm listening to a baseball game.

God Save the Horn Players
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #4901 on: July 28, 2011, 04:27:03 PM

Vampire:  Bloodlines.  Tremere playthrough.  God I love this game!  I think I should have radicalthon'd this playthrough, would have been fun.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4902 on: July 28, 2011, 04:34:59 PM

Tremere might be an interesting radicalthon.  Nosferatu might be OK as well, but eh, sewers.  Malks are still my fav, especially for their outfits.  

Back to Witcher and attempting to finish the play through I want to import for 2.  GOD I HATE CHAPTER 4.

Going to probably take a small break from Rift and tackle the mountain of single player shit I have awaiting me.  Finished A Dance With Dragons a couple days ago, so I can actually do this.

-Rasix
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #4903 on: July 29, 2011, 01:11:50 PM

I bought E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy on Steam, because it came out today. It was featured on RPS and seems like a really hardcore FPS RPG. Completely janky of course, but very atmospheric and for some reason brings to mind Requiem: Avenging Angel. Very dense in rpg mechanics, at least superficially.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4904 on: July 29, 2011, 02:13:31 PM

I started playing GTA4. I don't think I'm doing it right. After playing for two hours, I've obeyed all traffic laws except in emergencies, and the only car I've stolen was a parked police cruiser. I would much rather punch Vlad in the face than work for him, but I haven't run into any alternative paths yet.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #4905 on: July 29, 2011, 02:26:31 PM

Just completed a whatever-the-hardest-setting-was playthrough of Freedom Force vs the Third Reich and man red sun is a bitch. Lots of little situations you barely notice on normal really come through well on harder settings.

Now where is my goddamn FF3 or ultimate FF?

For Freedom!

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #4906 on: July 30, 2011, 08:34:54 AM

I started playing GTA4. I don't think I'm doing it right. After playing for two hours, I've obeyed all traffic laws except in emergencies, and the only car I've stolen was a parked police cruiser. I would much rather punch Vlad in the face than work for him, but I haven't run into any alternative paths yet.

Don't expect any. GTA isn't really known for branching storyline with all the tightly scripted missions and sandbox play outside missions being the regular feature.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4907 on: July 30, 2011, 09:30:34 AM

I bought E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy on Steam, because it came out today. It was featured on RPS and seems like a really hardcore FPS RPG. Completely janky of course, but very atmospheric and for some reason brings to mind Requiem: Avenging Angel. Very dense in rpg mechanics, at least superficially.

That looked interesting but seriously neckbeardy RPG mechanics. The atmosphere and setting did seem pretty cool but something about seeing someone going through a hundred different clicks to control a turret seemed pretty off-putting to me. Is that a mini-game thing or is there that level of micro-management and memorisation needed with lots of the classes (or w/e they have)?

Just got round to playing Mafia II having had it on Steam for about a year, still early days with it but it's reminding me a lot of the original with better graphics. Which is a mixed thing since it plays like treacle on native widescreen resolution so I'm having to play it weirdly stretched to get any kind of decent play. Fun though so far, had been hoping the initial WWII setting would last a bit longer.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4908 on: July 30, 2011, 10:30:22 AM

Jedi Academy, cause I couldn't get Kotor 2 to work on windows 7 and didn't want to futz around with it anymore. 

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #4909 on: July 31, 2011, 07:18:44 AM

Don't expect any. GTA isn't really known for branching storyline with all the tightly scripted missions and sandbox play outside missions being the regular feature.

Um, yeah. Not sure where you got the idea that there would be branching storylines. I don't think any of the modern GTA games have had that. or the Saints Row games for that matter. Or Just Cause. I guess Mercs 2 had different factions you could join up with.

I've been playing some casual LOTRO, and some social L4D with friends and wife. Started playing around with L4D2 in anticipation for next time, as we just finished all of L4D except for the short DLC bits, so we'll be on the sequel next.
Played through the first intro scenario for the LOTR Mines of Moria GW SBG (miniatures) game with the wife a couple of times as well. I need to get some miniatures gaming happening again in my life.

Also been playing some Dawn of War SoulStorm campaign. I really want to play DoW2 but the game crashes whenever I try to boot it up. feh.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
climbjtree
Terracotta Army

Reply #4910 on: July 31, 2011, 09:08:19 AM

NiX and I played a bit of this last night. I think we're like level 8 or so now, and I'm pretty sure neither of us has any clue what's going on. It's like a poorly realized version of a some neckbeard's fantasy, I think.
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #4911 on: July 31, 2011, 10:47:41 AM

Been playing Heavy Rain. I'm not that good at their qte's, consequently my guys are kinda beat up. I'm enjoying the story so far, though one plot hole left me scratching my head and laughing wtf. It's a bit crashier than your average console game, particularly on character transitions. I do not like having to hold down R2 just to walk and the limited camera angles make navigation awkward, but I'm having fun nonetheless.

Also been playing the Dragon Nest open beta, f2p multiplayer, mmo-lite beat'em up. Towns are open hubs while dungeon missions are instanced. You get a D - SSS grade depending on how well you do and there are easy to abyss difficulty settings. Cartoony graphics but decent gameplay. Dropping multiple aoe's on a group of enemies and racking up a 103 hit combo is always fun. They started off with both an equipment and a costume tab, even for rings and earrings, but the shop doesn't have any costumes yet. You get a costume set while leveling up to 10 though. I'd expect more options eventually. Otherwise the game is very clone-y, especially as classes are gender locked.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #4912 on: July 31, 2011, 01:19:40 PM

NiX and I played a bit of this last night. I think we're like level 8 or so now, and I'm pretty sure neither of us has any clue what's going on. It's like a poorly realized version of a some neckbeard's fantasy, I think.

Yeah, it's based on some obscure tabletop game called AVA. The game is a bit crap to be honest, but it somehow manages to stay interesting, which is more than you can say for most games these days. The worst thing about it is the translation. It's basically English written with French grammar.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4913 on: August 01, 2011, 08:32:13 AM

For Freedom!
Love Letters

I'm itchin' for a tussle!
Rasix

Reply #4914 on: August 01, 2011, 11:35:48 PM

Ok, what's the fucking deal with Witcher 2.  Who fucking greenlit this difficulty curve.

Argh! Argh! Argh! Argh!

-Rasix
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #4915 on: August 02, 2011, 02:02:03 AM

Done with Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2 DLC, now wavering between combing through the the Mojave for the unique weapons I missed (there is a Gobi Campaign Scout Rifle? Do want!) and sinking my teeth into Witcher 2 to see if the new patch made it better.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #4916 on: August 02, 2011, 02:24:07 AM

Dune 2000.

Ordos out. Yes Sir. Ordos out. Building. Building. Construction Complete. Repairing. Repairing. Unit lost. Unit lost. Worm sign. Worm attack. Unit lost.

The sound track is amazing. Too bad the faction differentiation is very poor else it's a very very good remake of the old classic.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #4917 on: August 02, 2011, 03:47:49 AM

The new patch definitely made Witcher 2 more playable, but sadly, this strip is still pretty accurate about the game.

Been playing more RB3/GH6 the last week than anything.  Going to finish up putting "the truth" together on AC Brotherhood (this piece seems harder than AC2), and then head back to Witcher 2 myself or on to DA1 (now that I've dug up my "Bioware Social Network" credentials to enable the Ultimate Edition content).

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #4918 on: August 02, 2011, 05:47:46 AM

Ok, what's the fucking deal with Witcher 2.  Who fucking greenlit this difficulty curve.

Argh! Argh! Argh! Argh!

You're just not hardcore enough.  L2P.   why so serious?
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4919 on: August 02, 2011, 06:12:26 AM

I also played some "E.Y.E. Divine Cybermancy", and I concur with the previous posters... it's quirky and janky (dat dialogue!) and needs a patch badly. Still not a bad game for co-op, and a friend gifted one of the 4pack to me, so it's a pretty good value for $0. Will probably give it a second look after the inevitable patch.

OTOH I got VTM:Bloodlines for $5. With the fan patch it's a pretty awesome game, and my previous knowledge of WOD and VTM was on the level of "it has vampires and stuff". Currently at the nosferatu sewer part, so I'm preparing myself for the worst.  why so serious?

AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #4920 on: August 02, 2011, 08:12:40 AM

Argh! Argh! Argh! Argh!

Yes yes, just be a little persistent. Before you know it you'll be a complete badass and fondly remember when combat was a challenge.
Rasix

Reply #4921 on: August 02, 2011, 09:01:10 AM

It's not a challenge, it's just fucking stupid.

Dying to drowners? These dumbass things 3 hit me.  The necrophage? Basically a 2 hit.  The hospital quest made me actually bump the difficulty down to easy, and I still struggle with the wraiths and have to cheese certain encounters pretty bad.

Why the hell did they get rid of the group style?  At least then you could keep stuff at bay and prevent it from getting to your instakill zone (aka Geralt's ass).

And yes, the tutorial is hideous. No use beating that horse again, but it's compounded by the fact that I can't figure out how to even see my keybinds in game.

I have a laundry list of crap that is annoying me with this game, but I'll spare you all.  I just finished Witcher 1 to import my neutral play through and my biggest complaint with the game was how much of a chore it could be to play and how bad the combat is.  Witcher 2 is already making me miss the broken aspects of 1 because arguably the changes they made to improve things are much worse (early on at least).

Screw it, I'm going to drown myself in MMOs or Robert Jordan for a day or two and come back.  I doubt I'll move the difficulty back up until I can get Quen up to cheese-able levels and get some equipment that makes it so I don't have to hack through trash mobs like they're made of granite.

-Rasix
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #4922 on: August 02, 2011, 09:12:28 AM

Didn't you get the memo that games have become too easy and dumbed down nowadays? Why do you hate it when things get a little challenging?  why so serious?

Seriously, though, there is challenging and then there is "we secretly hate every person that plays video games and want them to suffer in agony". What I get from the reviews is that the Witcher 2 is leaning a little bit to that side.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #4923 on: August 02, 2011, 10:32:09 AM

Um, yeah. Not sure where you got the idea that there would be branching storylines.

I didn't mean branching. I meant I expected to be able to find new contacts by wandering around the world, like I can find stores and such. So far I've had to be introduced to new contacts (side note: subtitles didn't make Little Jacob's dialogue any more comprehensible).

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #4924 on: August 02, 2011, 10:37:50 AM

Um, yeah. Not sure where you got the idea that there would be branching storylines.

I didn't mean branching. I meant I expected to be able to find new contacts by wandering around the world, like I can find stores and such. So far I've had to be introduced to new contacts (side note: subtitles didn't make Little Jacob's dialogue any more comprehensible).

Ah yea, they open up at certain points in the story, not just by finding where they live.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4925 on: August 02, 2011, 12:07:02 PM

It's not a challenge, it's just fucking stupid.

Dying to drowners? These dumbass things 3 hit me.  The necrophage? Basically a 2 hit.  The hospital quest made me actually bump the difficulty down to easy, and I still struggle with the wraiths and have to cheese certain encounters pretty bad.

Why the hell did they get rid of the group style?  At least then you could keep stuff at bay and prevent it from getting to your instakill zone (aka Geralt's ass).

And yes, the tutorial is hideous. No use beating that horse again, but it's compounded by the fact that I can't figure out how to even see my keybinds in game.

I have a laundry list of crap that is annoying me with this game, but I'll spare you all.  I just finished Witcher 1 to import my neutral play through and my biggest complaint with the game was how much of a chore it could be to play and how bad the combat is.  Witcher 2 is already making me miss the broken aspects of 1 because arguably the changes they made to improve things are much worse (early on at least).

Screw it, I'm going to drown myself in MMOs or Robert Jordan for a day or two and come back.  I doubt I'll move the difficulty back up until I can get Quen up to cheese-able levels and get some equipment that makes it so I don't have to hack through trash mobs like they're made of granite.

I did the same thing - decided to come back to it in a couple days after messing around with whatever other game came out the same day, I think it was LA Noire - and I still haven't gone back. The experience up to halfway through Act I or so was so awful I've felt no inclination to give it another chance at all.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4926 on: August 02, 2011, 12:56:45 PM

Still playing Catherine; I've just finished the 4th day. Still loving the story although the writing's on the wall for some absurd plot twist. The gameplay isn't bad either, but the disconnect between the story segments and the puzzle stuff is pretty strong, with "its all a nightmare that can actually kill you" as the loose justification.

Also downloaded the MTGO client and fucked around with the trial a bit; went 2-0 with the blue illusion deck. I'm finally going to cave and buy it this week, once the 2012 update goes live (I can't tell if it has already or not).

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Rasix

Reply #4927 on: August 02, 2011, 01:07:02 PM

I did the same thing - decided to come back to it in a couple days after messing around with whatever other game came out the same day, I think it was LA Noire - and I still haven't gone back. The experience up to halfway through Act I or so was so awful I've felt no inclination to give it another chance at all.

Yah, I have my doubts I'll go back, at least not for a while. It's just bad, and I shouldn't have to will myself through a game.   I have no idea how this game got such high marks, and the entire QA staff for this game should be shitcanned if they signed off on this.

I have Fable 3 and (bleh)  Bioshock 2 I borrowed from a friend.  Might give those a spin or fire up my free inFamous.

-Rasix
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #4928 on: August 02, 2011, 01:44:37 PM

You're keeping Quen up? And rolling-attack-rolling? I dunno what else to say. Sometimes a combat system just doesn't click for a particular player I guess. After the Prologue it really clicked for me and I found the combat a lot of fun throughout the game.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #4929 on: August 02, 2011, 02:45:54 PM

Screw it, I'm going to drown myself in MMOs or Robert Jordan for a day or two and come back. 

Oh God, not Robert Jordan! The Witcher 2 can't be that awful, can it?  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Rasix

Reply #4930 on: August 02, 2011, 02:57:56 PM

Well, actually it's Brandon Sanderson.  He does a good Robert Jordan impersonation, however.

I haven't been this disgusted in a game since the last time I bought a Madden title.

-Rasix
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4931 on: August 04, 2011, 08:35:12 PM

Gran Turismo 5.  Gained ten B-Spec levels in one evening, tuned up a couple cars along the way.  Tuning cars is easier in A-Spec, of course, but the AI drivers are generally better drivers than I am despite (or because?) not knowing how to late-brake to pass.

I finally got my hands on an old JP sports car which I used to complete the Beginner set finally, helped along by remembering that I forgot to install any parts into my '79 Ferrari 512BB.  That was good because otherwise I would have had to bring a Kubelwagen to a Ferrari fight.  The B-Spec guys didn't have much trouble after I handed over some decent machines, and I got to eat chips while yelling "ease off!" from the pit.

Later I determined that I can win 400k credits every 5:37 minutes with my '07 Mini, after which I bought a few nice looking cars.  I haven't tried out the Gran Turismo version of a F1 yet but for 2.5 million it had better not be shit.

I also figured out that I get incrementally more paint chips and museum cards if I log in for consecutive days.  So I'm about to do that now.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #4932 on: August 04, 2011, 08:40:49 PM

Started an Oblivion playthrough as a mage.  Skryim is going to be glorious.

Project Zomboid still now and again.  Still waiting on it to go back to paid.

Just reinstalled Brink today to see how the game is will a population boost due to the free weekend (the answer is about the same as before, but at least I can find a game).

Season 3 of the Starcraft 2 ladder has begun recently, so I'm wading a bit slowly back into that.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #4933 on: August 04, 2011, 10:42:54 PM

Vampire Bloodlines. I'm surprised how much I still remember about the plot though. I don't know if I will see this through or take my ball and go home once the Sewer madness starts.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4934 on: August 05, 2011, 07:55:15 AM

In gaming limbo. Playing Alpha Protocol, I guess...but the checkpoint save system sucks. I generally just quit when I get halfway through an area and screw up, rather than go back and repeat it over and over.

I think Rift broke my enjoyment of gaming for a while.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: