Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 02:09:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Anyone got a blue pill? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Anyone got a blue pill?  (Read 8508 times)
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #35 on: October 16, 2012, 01:17:12 PM

Showed this to a coworker. His response, "I truly hope that it isn't the case.  It would mean that everything is even more pointless and needlessly shitty than I already think it is."

He's a cheery guy.

That's something, coming from you.   why so serious?
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: October 18, 2012, 10:59:27 PM

No, I thought that was because:

1.  No Hair Theorem = black holes only have mass, magnetic field, rotation, and no other properties.
2.  But wait, how do we deal with information loss for things falling into the black hole?  All the information about molecular composition, color, smell, whatever, is lost.  The laws of conservation are broken, oh noes!
3.  Um, well the event horizon could retain a holographic encryption of the object falling in, thereby preserving the information.  Only thing is, the even horizon is a surface, thus 2D.
4.  Oh ok.
5.  Oh, hey, mathematically we see no difference between that being true, and "the universe inside a giant holographic black hole" being true.

It's worth noting that Hawking no longer believes in the paradox of Hawking radiation.

I initially though this thread would be about Blue Pill.
Logain
Terracotta Army

Reply #37 on: November 06, 2012, 05:36:58 AM

What exactly is the paradox caused by hawking radiation? I thought it was the answer to the question of why do black holes emit energy/evaporate.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 05:40:36 AM by Logain »
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: November 06, 2012, 08:10:54 AM

Ghambit
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: November 07, 2012, 05:08:24 PM

My issue with the New Hawking Radiation principle is that it assumes the Universe isn't simulated to begin with yes?  The black hole could really just be a gate to the computational plane that emits our universe, so in that case the information is still preserved, just not on our observable plane until it's re-iterated into our Frame.  Note:  I say the latter as an analogy and can't quite grasp the proper language to explain.   swamp poop

"See, the beauty of webgames is that I can play them on my phone while I'm plowing your mom."  -Samwise
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Anyone got a blue pill?  
Jump to: