Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 02:02:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Playoff Predictions 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL Playoff Predictions  (Read 84266 times)
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #210 on: January 20, 2008, 10:30:04 PM

On NE over SD: WTF is Norv Turner punting for when his team is in NE territory late 4th quarter…?

Yeah.  Granted it was 4th and 10.  But hand to God, when they brought out the punting team I told my wife "They just lost".  When you're down two scores and there's like 6 minutes to go against a team 3 times as good as you are, you take a fucking risk.

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #211 on: January 21, 2008, 07:27:05 AM

The Packers never bothered to run. What did they give it to Grant, 10 times? Maybe? That right there is stupid.

Grant had one good run all game. Credit NYG's defense (even though I picked GB.).

Oh yeah, Manning played better than Favre. Sorry.

Grant did have one good run. But it wasn't like they really ever tried to get the running game started. The whole 4th quarter, every time Green Bay got the ball, I was saying "Run the ball, at least once." But they didn't. They just kept throwing the ball, and knowing that, the Giants just loaded up the pressure and played the pass. And it wasn't like they were trying high percentage out routes, or slants, but easy to intercept stuff or underneath dink passes. They got outcoached and outplayed. It almost reminded me of New Orleans vs. Chicago in last year's NFC Championship game. Let's just forget that we've got a running game, we can pass on these guys. Only, they couldn't and they lost because of it.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #212 on: January 21, 2008, 07:46:43 AM

By my count

Rasix - 10

Phildo - 8
Hoax - 8
sidereal - 8

El Gallo - 7
shiznitz - 7
WayAbvPar - 7
HaemishM - 7

Stray - 6
tazelbain - 6
trotski - 6
naum - 6
JWIV - 6
LanTheWarder - 6

Wershlak - 5

Trippy- 4
cmlances 4

Zetleft - 3
Daeven - 3
Nebu - 3
Ozzu - 3

Paelos - 2

EDIT: double ba
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 04:25:49 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
WayAbvPar

Reply #213 on: January 21, 2008, 07:56:03 AM

ACK! I don't think I'm going to watch the SB this year.

I may not either, think that's a first. 

Ditto. Hate both teams. Hate both coaches. Hate both quarterbacks. I am sure I can find something to do on a Sunday.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
JackOnTheMap
Terracotta Army

Reply #214 on: January 21, 2008, 03:36:08 PM

On NE over SD: WTF is Norv Turner punting for when his team is in NE territory late 4th quarter…?

Yeah.  Granted it was 4th and 10.  But hand to God, when they brought out the punting team I told my wife "They just lost".  When you're down two scores and there's like 6 minutes to go against a team 3 times as good as you are, you take a fucking risk.

Schottenheimer just blew it again!!

Oh WAIT!
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #215 on: January 21, 2008, 05:50:33 PM

STOP KICKING FIELD GOALS AGAINST THE PATS!

Nobody seems to want to learn this fact at all. Just go for it you knuckleheads. At one point it was 4th and 2 late in the game and SD kicked a FG. It was just horrible, no-balls, decision-making.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #216 on: January 22, 2008, 09:48:41 AM

Yeah, when the Chargers kicked that field goal in the 4th quarter instead of going for it on 4th down, I knew it was over. Actually, I'd know for over a quarter that it was over... essentially, every time the Chargers kicked a field goal. But you're right, if you're in field goal range against the Pats, you might as well just go for it.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #217 on: January 22, 2008, 02:16:47 PM

Even worse, SD always settled for 3. You cannot beat the Pats if you settle for 3. The Giants MIGHT win if they know this. If you are too close to punt, fucking go for it on 4th. I bet NE had the lowest FG attempts of any team in the NFL by a mile.

I have never played WoW.
LanTheWarder
Terracotta Army

Reply #218 on: January 22, 2008, 03:45:18 PM

I should have 6 points see below for post with picks in it from earlier in the thread.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 03:49:28 PM by LanTheWarder »
LanTheWarder
Terracotta Army

Reply #219 on: January 22, 2008, 03:48:24 PM

By my count

Rasix - 8

Stray - 6
Phildo - 6
Hoax - 6
sidereal - 6

shiznitz - 5
WayAbvPar - 5
HaemishM - 5
Wershlak - 5

tazelbain - 4
trotski - 4
naum - 4
Trippy- 4
JWIV - 4
cmlances 4

Nebu - 3
Ozzu - 3
El Gallo - 3

Paelos - 2

Zetleft - 1
LanTheWarder - 1
Daeven - 1

Triforcer  - 0

I should have 2. Not that it really matters all that much. I'll go with the Pats and the Giants.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #220 on: January 22, 2008, 04:18:07 PM

STOP KICKING FIELD GOALS AGAINST THE PATS!

Nobody seems to want to learn this fact at all. Just go for it you knuckleheads. At one point it was 4th and 2 late in the game and SD kicked a FG. It was just horrible, no-balls, decision-making.

I've got to feel bad for Norv here though.  In the Red Zone his O-Line suddenly couldn't move anyone anywhere.  He didn't have LT, nor Gates really.  He ran it every fucking time on the 10, got nowhere and felt forced to pass twice versus 7 Pats in a zone.  Really I think after the first two times he might have tried to dump it to Sproles or play-action fade route on first down because Turner could only gain 3+ on first EVERYWHERE but the Red Zone, which makes no fucking sense but w/e.

The Chargers could have won, they got to Brady just enough to make him beatable.  That defense almost carried the game for them but the Offense just couldn't catch any breaks and was really banged up.  After that Rivers INT I dont think they even could go deep anymore (I'll admit I don't have a great memory for every play).

So, you are the NYG's, what do you do?  Will they rush 3-4 and think that they are smart enough to beat Brady with zones or will they just go balls out despite not having anywhere near the secondary SD has?  Does it matter?  Can they even stop the Pats running game which is better then the Packs by a good amount imo?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #221 on: January 22, 2008, 05:38:32 PM

Patriots, for the 2nd place tie =(
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #222 on: January 22, 2008, 05:41:07 PM

I'll pick the Patriots and hope that my curse kicks in.   
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #223 on: January 22, 2008, 05:50:14 PM

Can I make a pick for some geological event to wipe out both teams.  Guess that would be a tie.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #224 on: January 22, 2008, 05:53:06 PM

Anyone hear that Rivers had ortho surgery on his knee on the Monday before the game, played the whole goddamn game with a torn ACL and is having surgery to repair the torn ACL? Puts a whole new spin on the "That motherfucker has more balls and grit than I ever could begin to imagine."

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #225 on: January 22, 2008, 06:03:18 PM

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #226 on: January 22, 2008, 06:09:30 PM

Anyone hear that Rivers had ortho surgery on his knee on the Monday before the game, played the whole goddamn game with a torn ACL and is having surgery to repair the torn ACL? Puts a whole new spin on the "That motherfucker has more balls and grit than I ever could begin to imagine."

Thats damn tough, give him props for that but I can't help thinking maybe the guy without the torn up knee would have given them a better shot at the win. 

Eddie Murphy the original negrodamus. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #227 on: January 22, 2008, 09:56:17 PM

I'm picking the Pats. Perhaps I can add my own suckass curse to their heads.

WayAbvPar

Reply #228 on: January 23, 2008, 09:57:56 AM

Can I make a pick for some geological event to wipe out both teams.  Guess that would be a tie.

Seconded. Pity Arizona isn't terribly seismically active. Maybe a swarm of killer bees in each locker room?

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #229 on: January 23, 2008, 10:29:00 AM

Seconded. Pity Arizona isn't terribly seismically active. Maybe a swarm of killer bees in each locker room?

Sounds like a great reason for an F13 gathering.   DRILLING AND MANLINESS
WayAbvPar

Reply #230 on: January 23, 2008, 11:32:33 AM

Maybe we could beat Brady and Belichick to death with one of schild's new mouse pads!

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #231 on: January 23, 2008, 12:03:43 PM

Beaten to death with the  awesome, for real

Now thats a headline I want to make happen.  And think of the mad hits that would generate.   I'm already wondering how much a BB blood stained mouse pad will go for on ebay. 
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #232 on: January 23, 2008, 12:38:58 PM

I missed the last two rounds of picks in the playoffs due to travel.  I think I should be able to submit those picks now! 

NY in the super bowl.  They should all buy lottery tickets. 

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #233 on: January 23, 2008, 01:47:12 PM

This is the ultimate dissapointment for football fans. As a Cowboys fan, I hate the Giants. As a football fan, I hate the Patriots.

There is absolutely no reason to even throw a party based on this game. I might sit at home and watch golf that Sunday.

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #234 on: January 23, 2008, 02:03:19 PM

But you won't, sucker. You will watch.

I have never played WoW.
LanTheWarder
Terracotta Army

Reply #235 on: January 24, 2008, 06:27:32 PM

NY Giants to win
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #236 on: January 24, 2008, 06:50:35 PM

This is the ultimate dissapointment for football fans. As a Cowboys fan, I hate the Giants. As a football fan, I hate the Patriots.

There is absolutely no reason to even throw a party based on this game. I might sit at home and watch golf that Sunday.

You could hope for it to be the lowest-scoring superbowl ever.  Or for a tragic injury.  Or something else awesome.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #237 on: January 24, 2008, 09:15:54 PM

We canceled our party plans (lack of interest amongst family / friends for the involved teams)…

Still, will make it down (I am 5 minutes away from U of "Phoenix" stadium, which is in Glendale, just a short ride down the 101…) to the NFL experience… …and I remember how cool it was back in '96, when it was on the Salt River shore (before it became Tempe Town Lake…) across from Sun Devil, er Frank Kush / Pat Tillman field…

People getting all crazy, reports that some folks are getting 10K+ to rent out their homes for the week, hotels charging like $500+ a night, etc… …let the gouging commence!

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #238 on: January 24, 2008, 09:20:25 PM

But you won't, sucker. You will watch.

Nope, I seriously doubt any of my friends will throw a party for it. If there's no reason to drink booze on a Sunday, then I'll probably play some WoW, check the score on NFL.com, and if NY is up in the 4th, I'll turn it on.

I don't expect it to be even close.

cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #239 on: January 25, 2008, 04:37:36 AM

NYG, 31-28. Tynes kicks a 51 yarder with 0:02 left and everyone forgets that he couldn't hit a chip shot against Green Bay.

Yeah, this is so full of   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Bungee
Terracotta Army

Reply #240 on: January 25, 2008, 06:55:10 AM

Disclaimer:
I'm an EU citizen and only became attracted to American Football in 2002 b/c I moved near a city where some friends of mine started playing in a Team, so I'm only concerned with the sport itself and never became soaked into any team-rivalries (besides I figured no one in the AFC North likes one another) or the history of some teams in daily life.

Nevertheless, I hate the Patriots. Someone in the Thread already said that they are just so easy to hate.

And I like the style the Giants play on defense- reminds me of my beloved Steelers with all the pressure packages that brought them a ring (and which they seemingly forgot in the course of the 08 season...)
AND I like the commercial where Strahan states that he loves his Pancakes with "sum eeeeeegsssss"

So I say- GO GIANTS!

Freedom is the raid target. -tazelbain
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #241 on: February 02, 2008, 08:54:50 AM

Pats

"Me am play gods"
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #242 on: February 02, 2008, 10:11:34 AM

NE

Duh.

Commercials will be only reason to watch the game but some nerd will no doubt, upload 'em all posthumously, and within hours…

And the whole Escape from New York layers of security lockdown in the area is beyond silly — to the point of banning tailgating…

So I may not even watch the game.

But I hope the football Giants pull it off. That would be epic.

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #243 on: February 02, 2008, 10:39:36 AM

Pats.  I'm not very psyched about the game though.  So much that I agreed to watch it in SD so my wife can see our friend's new flooring.

-Rasix
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #244 on: February 02, 2008, 10:49:56 AM

I don't really care who wins but that flooring sounds very special if they invite people over to see it.  Please post a pic for me! 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL Playoff Predictions  
Jump to: