Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 06:05:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2015 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2015  (Read 248757 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #840 on: November 05, 2015, 01:24:34 PM

I like his idea about being able to stash an extra QB on the roster. If you expose enough of them to NFL ideas without having to worry about getting murdered on the field as the starter, SOME of them will eventually pan out.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #841 on: November 05, 2015, 01:28:47 PM

Like I posted over there after reading that article, the NFL won't do it because of the CBA. Right now, an owner drafts a 1st round QB and has to pay him peanuts for 4-5 years compared to what he used to pay for that type of player. They are not going to let him ride the pine and lose 2-3 years of having a dirt cheap player in the most expensive position on the field. They'd much rather let him get cut up into giblets and make bank on the 2-3 years of new merch sales and fan base re-energizing, then when he flops, toss him aside and draft the next big 1st rounder and rake in the new merch money and fan support bump. They make more money and who gives a fuck if they lose? It's not like most losing teams are losing MONEY.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #842 on: November 05, 2015, 02:36:56 PM

I'd just like to pop in and applaud the Lions firing the President and GM.  I hope Caldwell's next.  Take a playoff team and go 1-7 next year? Fuck you!

fake edit:  Martha Ford seems to like Caldwell so he may be safe???
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #843 on: November 05, 2015, 02:39:29 PM

He's boring enough to leave in place until someone exciting gets tired of coaching college or gets fired elsewhere.

There's no point in firing the guy.  He's just a placeholder the second you hire him.

-Rasix
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #844 on: November 05, 2015, 05:55:31 PM

Hard to fire someone who's already dead.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #845 on: November 09, 2015, 03:45:03 AM

And then there were three

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #846 on: November 09, 2015, 06:42:48 AM

Paelos, your in ATL right? How do people feel about Dan Quinn this morning? WHY THE FUCK DO YOU KICK A FIELD GOAL IN THAT POSITION.

Someone liked something? Who the fuzzy fuck was this heretic? You don't come to this website and enjoy something. Fuck that. ~ The Walrus
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #847 on: November 09, 2015, 08:37:20 AM

Oh Packers, my Packers. When the fuck will you ever learn how to stop a running QB? When? It's not like you haven't spent the last 4 seasons getting torched over and fucking over again by a running QB. It's not like you haven't had drafts full of good defensive players. Holy shit, is it that hard to put a spy on the fucking guy? And the depth of your defensive backfield is pretty shameful. I realize you've got injuries but 37 fucking points by a primarily running team? FUCK'S SAKE. Also, what happened to our O line? And our receivers? Yes, Jordy Nelson is hurt. Still, shouldn't someone in the reciever corps be able to get separation somewhere so that Aaron Rodgers doesn't have to run the equivalent of a goddamn marathon on EVERY PASS? I'm pretty sure we can still win the division as our next two games are against Detroit and Minnesota, one of whom is objectively awful and the other is probably benefiting from a soft schedule and the last good days of Adrian Peterson. But still. FUCK.

I kind of wished I'd watched the Broncos/Colts game. I'm also very glad I didn't start Peyton as he had another pedestrian fantasy game. I checked the waiver wire. There are literally 6 or 7 guys with better fantasy numbers than Manning these days, including BLAKE FUCKING BORTLES. Ugh.

I did watch the Eagles/Cowboys game and really, these teams aren't very good. The game ended up being competitive and of course, the Cowboys lost because LOLMATTCASSEL. I gave Tony Romo a lot of shit over the years and most of it was deserved (his ability to throw an INT at the worst time, usually because he was running for his life) but holy shit is this team bad without him. They can run the ball provided Darren McFadden stays healthy, but they are running out the equivalent of a tackling dummy at QB each week and it's killing them. But at least they aren't out of the playoff picture completely thanks to that shitty division.

Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #848 on: November 09, 2015, 08:44:59 AM

I think the Vikings may win the division this year. The Packer's defense is atrocious. The offensive line is playing like shit. Eddie Lacy ate too many donuts. Yes the Vikings haven't really played anyone but their defense is legit. I still think their offense is mediocre at best, but that defense will help them squeak out some close games.

That said, the NFC is terrible this year. What team has a legitimate shot? The Panthers? No. Their offense will get exposed just like last year.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #849 on: November 09, 2015, 09:29:40 AM

What team has a legitimate shot? The Panthers? No. Their offense will get exposed just like last year.

Giants sneak into the playoffs, go on a run, and ruin the Patriots perfect season in the super bowl? Nah, that's too far fetched, would never happen. why so serious?
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #850 on: November 09, 2015, 09:35:07 AM

I'm hoping one or both of the Bengals/Panthers makes a deep playoff run just for the variety. Watching a Pats/GB Super Bowl would be lame as fuck.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #851 on: November 09, 2015, 09:37:53 AM

Patriots look like they're playing a different game.  The difference is that huge.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #852 on: November 09, 2015, 09:39:09 AM

They are the only team that truly stands out. There are other decent teams out there but their flaws are much more obvious. Take away the Patriots and I think any team with a .500 record or better could win the whole thing.
Shannow
Terracotta Army

Reply #853 on: November 09, 2015, 09:40:02 AM

What team has a legitimate shot? The Panthers? No. Their offense will get exposed just like last year.

Giants sneak into the playoffs, go on a run, and ruin the Patriots perfect season in the super bowl? Nah, that's too far fetched, would never happen. why so serious?

Don't think every fan in New England isn't thinking this exact scenario.

At this rate we'll be fielding a team of arena football players anyway. I'm hoping that Carolina and NE meet undefeated in the Superbowl. Why? So we get two weeks of the '72 Dolphins being absolutely miserable.

Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #854 on: November 09, 2015, 11:59:16 AM

Don't think every fan in New England isn't thinking this exact scenario.

At this rate we'll be fielding a team of arena football players anyway. I'm hoping that Carolina and NE meet undefeated in the Superbowl. Why? So we get two weeks of the '72 Dolphins being absolutely miserable.

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #855 on: November 09, 2015, 12:10:10 PM

At this rate we'll be fielding a team of arena football players anyway.

Dion Lewis out for the year, so you're closer to that.

beer geek.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #856 on: November 09, 2015, 12:32:57 PM

Paelos, your in ATL right? How do people feel about Dan Quinn this morning? WHY THE FUCK DO YOU KICK A FIELD GOAL IN THAT POSITION.

Considering he just doubled down on that decision? They are not fucking pleased is how they are feeling.

I'm laughing at the whole thing. I've known the Falcons sucked for years, and they will continue to suck despite playing absolute garbage. And now they can't even take out the garbage.

EDIT: Cowboys are done, and that makes holding on to Hardy even dumber. Carolina doesn't miss him, and the Cowboys haven't won a game with him. Yet Jerruh will damn well take his time admitting the mistake. I loathe my team.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #857 on: November 09, 2015, 01:08:58 PM

And then there were three

I didn't get to watch any Football yesterday and don't care enough about the sport to follow up on scores. This made me go look, though. How the hell did they lose to the Colts? Injuries or did the Colts suddenly remember how to play football?

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #858 on: November 09, 2015, 01:31:22 PM

Denver and the Falcons cost me $25 this weekend. So it's because I tried to parlay them on the ML.  why so serious?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #859 on: November 09, 2015, 02:39:23 PM

How the hell did they lose to the Colts? Injuries or did the Colts suddenly remember how to play football?

From what I can tell, the Colts remembered how to play football. Luck didn't turn the ball over.

Rasix

Reply #860 on: November 09, 2015, 03:16:08 PM

If Luck could stop being such a massive turnover machine, they'll be fine. He's just got the situational awareness of a young Mark Sanchez at times.

-Rasix
TheWalrus
Terracotta Army

Reply #861 on: November 09, 2015, 05:05:05 PM

This would please me. I've loved the Giants for some unknown reason since I was a kid. Poor fuckers.

vanilla folders - MediumHigh
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #862 on: November 09, 2015, 05:25:35 PM

How the hell did they lose to the Colts? Injuries or did the Colts suddenly remember how to play football?

From what I can tell, the Colts remembered how to play football. Luck didn't turn the ball over.

Yeah, colts remembered how to football.

And then the defense decided to implode. Including Talib attempting to blind Allen.

beer geek.
Draegan
Terracotta Army

Reply #863 on: November 10, 2015, 09:47:24 AM

The patriots have a great schedule and haven't played anyone this season worth a shit and I don't think will for the rest of the season.

Wins: bills jags jets steelers dolphins colts skins cowboys

Jets and steelers the only teams with barely winning records.

They haven't really been tested yet. Teams with winning records on their schedule are giants and broncos.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #864 on: November 10, 2015, 11:15:34 AM

Holy shit, is San Diego bad this year or what? Also, most endangered species appears to be a healthy Chargers receiver.

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #865 on: November 10, 2015, 11:19:35 AM

This image made me feel better about our loss.

beer geek.
Rasix

Reply #866 on: November 10, 2015, 11:23:12 AM

I'm surprised Stevie Johnson didn't knock himself out with the ball when he spiked it. 

Which unsurprisingly was a boneheaded move that probably cost them a good chance at winning.  Instead of a first and goal at the 4, they got it at the 9.  Of course, they had a touchdown called back after that because their linemen are bad at being linemen.

-Rasix
Terracotta Army

Reply #867 on: November 10, 2015, 02:28:48 PM

And Luck is done for what is basically the rest of the year.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14099311/andrew-luck-indianapolis-colts-miss-2-6-weeks-lacerated-kidney

2 weeks my ass. He's probably out till next season.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #868 on: November 10, 2015, 02:29:58 PM

Given that division, if they can make progress through the 6 weeks, he'll be back. Colts are FAR from out of the running.

beer geek.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #869 on: November 10, 2015, 02:36:51 PM

In that division, even the Titans and fucking Jags are still alive.  swamp poop

Terracotta Army

Reply #870 on: November 10, 2015, 02:59:21 PM

Oh I think they'll still take that division... with their own +40 years old QB.  awesome, for real

sickrubik
Terracotta Army

Reply #871 on: November 10, 2015, 03:44:48 PM

beer geek.
Mithas
Terracotta Army

Reply #872 on: November 12, 2015, 05:32:43 PM

I guess Christmas came early this year on Thursday Night Football.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #873 on: November 12, 2015, 07:54:24 PM

awesome, for real

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #874 on: November 13, 2015, 06:04:02 AM

Somebody released a hilarious video of what that game looked like to colorblind fans. It was great.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 39 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: NFL 2015  
Jump to: