Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 03:41:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Mail Mod 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mail Mod  (Read 6920 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

on: August 24, 2007, 01:07:27 PM

Hai

What's your favorite mail mod?

I'm looking for an alternative to CTmail.

kthxbai
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 03:33:41 PM

Uh, I actually still use CT_MailMod :(. I've tried all sorts of replacements but really I could never get used to them.

If you don't need the bulk sending feature, Postal (wiki page disappeared apparently) is quite solid. If you do want bulk sending, BulkMail2 and BulkMail2Inbox are a good pair, and you can use either of them stand-alone if you only want bulk sending (BM2) or bulk receiving (BM2Inbox).

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 04:16:10 PM

Postal is pretty good but semi-glitchy. :/

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 08:16:24 PM

For some reason I was having trouble with targeting and thought it was CTmail's fault.  Now I think it's CTmap's fault.  I'm not sure though.

And yes, I use it mostly for the bulk mail thingie.  I love that feature.

Thanks for the suggestions!
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 09:15:46 PM

Question: What does a Mail Mod actually do?

I've never had the need for one as far I can tell.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 10:37:11 PM

It basically has functionality that allows you to open all your mail with one click or send a lot of stuff with minimal effort. Nice if, like me, you're in the habit of sending masses of stuff to alts for sale or disenchanting.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 05:42:06 AM

You can emulate ct mail's bulk mail with postman though. Just alt click on the items you want to mail and they get directly mailed, instead of piling up in the bulk mail window. Not as good if you are prone to mis clicking but faster if you aren't. Also, I love postman for it's ability to loot mail without even opening it.

The only annoying thing I find in postman is the author hasn't updated it for the new instant mail in WoW, so I'm getting spammed with delivery messages an hour after already getting them.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 09:21:18 PM by Phred »
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 06:36:56 AM

A way long time ago I had a mod that would let me sending Mail to a mailing list, which could be auto-populated from your guild list and then customized thereafter. I've never seen it since. My ideal mail mod would allow for both CT's bulk mail feature and the ability to do mailing lists. This is one of the features I miss from LoTRO which let you do Kinship (Guild) mail.

Otherwise, I have no problem with CT Mail.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 08:12:48 AM

Yeah, what the default game mail lacks is:

1.  Ability to send the same text mail to a lot of people (your guild, f.ex.).

2.  Ability to send a ton of items to one person, fast.  Useful for bank alts.

3.  Ability to get all the loot out of your mail, for AH alts or bank alts.
Dren
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 08:54:48 AM

3.  Ability to get all the loot out of your mail, for AH alts or bank alts.

But I like taking my sold notices from my mail one at a time.  Each *ka-ching* sound is like a slop drip of morphine in an IV.  Ohhhhh, it feels so gooooood.

Maybe if they would make the sound go the duration that is directly proportional to the amount of cash you recieve?  It would be kind of like the slots!
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 10:44:17 AM

Well, the mods I've seen just automate the clicking, so you just sit there watching it handle each mail separately via the regular interface, sounds and all, on autopilot.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 08:48:55 PM

Uh, I actually still use CT_MailMod :(. I've tried all sorts of replacements but really I could never get used to them.

If you don't need the bulk sending feature, Postal (wiki page disappeared apparently) is quite solid. If you do want bulk sending, BulkMail2 and BulkMail2Inbox are a good pair, and you can use either of them stand-alone if you only want bulk sending (BM2) or bulk receiving (BM2Inbox).

BulkMail2's bulk feature is actually a LOT faster than CTMail mod's. I tried it out tonight and was amazed how much faster it was.

I don't care so much for the weirdness of BulkMail2Inbox atm, as it takes up huge amounts of screen real estate and you still have to have the regular mailbox UI showing (if you could just disable the blizz mail UI it would be great).

GMail was an Ace2 clone of CTMailMod that got the axe not long after it was released last fall because the author did not give credit to Cide and was not reachable, thus ace pulled it at Cide's request (I used it for the last 2 weeks I played back in nov, it was like CTMail only about 3x as fast). At this point, no one has done a good rewrite like that.

Blizz just needs to take the CTMail UI look, optimize it, and put it in the base UI.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 27, 2007, 10:48:38 PM

GMail was an Ace2 clone of CTMailMod that got the axe not long after it was released last fall because the author did not give credit to Cide and was not reachable, thus ace pulled it at Cide's request (I used it for the last 2 weeks I played back in nov, it was like CTMail only about 3x as fast). At this point, no one has done a good rewrite like that.

Blizz just needs to take the CTMail UI look, optimize it, and put it in the base UI.

Postal is by the same author as GMail, but lacks bulk-mailing at the moment (since apparently CT has a monopoly on putting a new tab for bulk mailing rolleyes).

On the note of adding in bulk mailing to the default UI, Tigole stated as much in an interview at GC. I think this is the video, it's right around when he start talking about Guild Banks.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 05:46:31 AM

Postal is by the same author as GMail, but lacks bulk-mailing at the moment (since apparently CT has a monopoly on putting a new tab for bulk mailing rolleyes).

On the note of adding in bulk mailing to the default UI, Tigole stated as much in an interview at GC. I think this is the video, it's right around when he start talking about Guild Banks.

I actually think I am going to like the BulkMail2 interface a lot better in the long run than CTMail anyway, at least for bulk mailing. Having a list that shows the name of the item with a small icon instead of just the icon is super nice. No need for an extra tab the way BulkMail is setup.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 04:09:02 PM

I actually think I am going to like the BulkMail2 interface a lot better in the long run than CTMail anyway, at least for bulk mailing. Having a list that shows the name of the item with a small icon instead of just the icon is super nice. No need for an extra tab the way BulkMail is setup.

Why do people even want to have to copy the items to the bulk mail window? Seems slower to me than just alt clicking on the item and having it direct mailed to the recipient, especially when your mail mod saves the recipient name between mailings. Just an extra step I personally can live without.

Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 29, 2007, 10:30:33 AM

Why do people even want to have to copy the items to the bulk mail window? Seems slower to me than just alt clicking on the item and having it direct mailed to the recipient, especially when your mail mod saves the recipient name between mailings. Just an extra step I personally can live without.

CTmail allows alt/click for bulk items.  So you put in the name of the recipient once, then alt/click the items (up to 20? I think).
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: August 29, 2007, 10:34:45 AM

Clicking send 20 times more than I need to seems like 20 extra steps I can live without.

There is also the "alt+click 21 items, put in the name once, and make sure I did not accidentally send off all my pet food to an alt before clicking send ONCE"

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: August 29, 2007, 12:50:10 PM

Clicking send 20 times more than I need to seems like 20 extra steps I can live without.

There is also the "alt+click 21 items, put in the name once, and make sure I did not accidentally send off all my pet food to an alt before clicking send ONCE"

You must have missed that postman mails items with alt-click. No send button is involved.
So I don't even click send once. That is the point I'm saying everyone is missing.

Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 29, 2007, 02:34:54 PM

So which mod is it that does it? Postman or postal? as you have mentioned both.

You never made your point clear in your bitching about everyone else being a moron for wanting a mod that shows them what they are bulk mailing. Sorry if we took it the wrong way.

Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: August 29, 2007, 09:20:29 PM

Postman is the mod. Postal was a typo in one post. :( Fixed it.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: August 31, 2007, 06:10:03 AM

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
PxSoldier
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 10:45:44 AM

I use CTMod for the everyday mail and Guild Mail List for guild mailing.

Guild Mail List allows you to mail to people on your friends list (if you are a regular guild member) and if you are in the top 3 ranks of you guild you are allowed to mail to the whole guild or select by rank, level, class, recent log on activitiy, etc.  It is no longer in development but still works fine.

As I guild master I would like to make my top 5 ranks be able to send mail to the guild but can't figure out the syntax to make it work...
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Mail Mod  
Jump to: