Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 08:19:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Bioware Austin.. damm more Dragons.. or Lightsabers? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bioware Austin.. damm more Dragons.. or Lightsabers?  (Read 347220 times)
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #560 on: October 30, 2007, 12:16:25 PM

Was that the movie where the hobbit named Willow has to destroy the child of prophecy by throwing it into Mount Doom?

Over and out.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #561 on: October 30, 2007, 12:20:06 PM

Yes.

And Val Kilmer basically was that movie.

And shit, I'm old.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #562 on: October 30, 2007, 12:30:55 PM

Yes.

And shit, I'm old.
Oddly enough, one of my friends was just discussing that movie last weeked -- talking about the sad fate of the actor who played Burglecut or whatever is name is.

Then we sequed into stories about what all the midgets did during the filming of The Wizard of Oz. (Short version: Drink a WHOLE FUCKING LOT. Foul-mouthed, shit-faced, munchkins are the win).
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #563 on: October 30, 2007, 12:45:39 PM

Willow is way better than Lord of the Rings. I even bought the sticker book for it. I think I was only eight years old though.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #564 on: October 30, 2007, 12:47:49 PM

Willow is way better than Lord of the Rings. I even bought the sticker book for it. I think I was only eight years old though.

Eh, no.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Montague
Terracotta Army

Reply #565 on: October 30, 2007, 12:58:30 PM

Yes.

And shit, I'm old.
Oddly enough, one of my friends was just discussing that movie last weeked -- talking about the sad fate of the actor who played Burglecut or whatever is name is.

Then we sequed into stories about what all the midgets did during the filming of The Wizard of Oz. (Short version: Drink a WHOLE FUCKING LOT. Foul-mouthed, shit-faced, munchkins are the win).

What happened to Burglekut? I thought he just died of a heart attack or somesuch.

When Fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross - Sinclair Lewis.

I can tell more than 1 fucktard at a time to stfu, have no fears. - WayAbvPar

We all have the God-given right to go to hell our own way.  Don't fuck with God's plan. - MahrinSkel
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #566 on: October 30, 2007, 01:03:28 PM

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #567 on: October 30, 2007, 01:19:27 PM

Eh, no.

Wow, epic fail. It so is.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #568 on: October 30, 2007, 01:24:14 PM

Eh, no.

Wow, epic fail. It so is.

Negative.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #569 on: October 30, 2007, 01:37:55 PM

My dad's favorite fantasy movie can beat up your dad's favorite fantasy movie.

Also, Excalibur is the best fantasy movie evar, unless you need more fantastical settings. Then I'd say Hawk the Slayer. Jack Palance ftw.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 01:39:54 PM by Sky »
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #570 on: October 30, 2007, 01:41:15 PM

Also, Excalibur is the best fantasy movie evar, unless you need more fantastical settings. Then I'd say Hawk the Slayer. Jack Palance ftw.

Dude, Lady hawk is just simply the best ever!

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #571 on: October 30, 2007, 01:43:28 PM

Dude, Lady hawk is just simply the best ever!

Best musical score evar!

Over and out.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #572 on: October 30, 2007, 01:43:57 PM

Time Bandits = best film with midgets ever.  

Fact.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #573 on: October 30, 2007, 01:46:01 PM

Yes.

But Willow > LoTR? If you're talking about the old animated one, yes. If you're talking about Peter Jackson's version? Way the hell no.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #574 on: October 30, 2007, 01:47:30 PM

Fact.

Ill agree to this one.

Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #575 on: October 30, 2007, 01:47:54 PM

Yes.

But Willow > LoTR? If you're talking about the old animated one, yes. If you're talking about Peter Jackson's version? Way the hell no.

bah the animated LoTR was teh awesome
Salamok
Terracotta Army

Reply #576 on: October 30, 2007, 01:49:23 PM

Fact.

Ill agree to this one.

hard to dethrone mini me, in my book anyhow.
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #577 on: October 30, 2007, 01:49:38 PM

What happened to Burglekut? I thought he just died of a heart attack or somesuch.

Yes he did.  3 years ago after making four films.  Willow, Hardware and a couple of others that nobody saw.  

David Rappaport was a famous dwarf who killed himself when he was 39 years old.  That was tragic.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #578 on: October 30, 2007, 01:50:36 PM

[hard to dethrone mini me, in my book anyhow.

That's okay.  No-one else reads it anyway.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #579 on: October 30, 2007, 01:53:29 PM

I still consider Excalibur as the definitive King Arthur movie. Nothing else has even come close.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #580 on: October 30, 2007, 01:54:33 PM

I still consider Excalibur as the definitive King Arthur movie. Nothing else has even come close.

The hallmark one?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #581 on: October 30, 2007, 02:05:49 PM

Too much plate armor. Too much Merlin saying "Hey guys, I'm an alien! Or possibly Jesus." 
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #582 on: October 30, 2007, 02:15:26 PM

Too much plate armor. Too much Merlin saying "Hey guys, I'm an alien! Or possibly Jesus." 

So, what would be a better interpretation of the Arthur legend on film? And don't say Monty Python.  cheesy

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #583 on: October 30, 2007, 02:23:15 PM

Knightriders  cool
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #584 on: October 30, 2007, 02:26:03 PM

If he's the one I'm thinking of, he did -- but after simply dropping off the face of the Earth for awhile, and not in a "good" way. In the "No one has seen or spoken to him for two years, not even his manager".

Maybe it was time bandits with the drunken midgets? I saw a video once.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #585 on: October 30, 2007, 02:43:25 PM

So, what would be a better interpretation of the Arthur legend on film? And don't say Monty Python.  cheesy

Clive Owen.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #586 on: October 30, 2007, 02:44:35 PM

If he's the one I'm thinking of, he did -- but after simply dropping off the face of the Earth for awhile, and not in a "good" way. In the "No one has seen or spoken to him for two years, not even his manager".

Maybe it was time bandits with the drunken midgets? I saw a video once.

You sure you didn't see "Under the Rainbow?"  An amusing movie when I was 10ish and finally saw it on HBO.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #587 on: October 30, 2007, 02:46:23 PM

Clive Owen.

That movie is just plain terrible.  It wouldn't have been saved if every part was portrayed by Clive Owen.

-Rasix
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #588 on: October 30, 2007, 02:48:33 PM

Not just Owen, but Skarsgaard too.

So no one has seen Knightriders or what? You're missing out, I tell ya
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #589 on: October 30, 2007, 02:50:31 PM

Hrm, I didn't hate that version of King Arthur. Certainly better than damnable First Knight. Maybe not Excaliber quality, but it's been awhile since I'd seen that one.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #590 on: October 30, 2007, 02:58:35 PM

The Clive Owen Arthur movie was EXECRABLE.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 03:00:39 PM by HaemishM »

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #591 on: October 30, 2007, 03:01:37 PM

You sure you didn't see "Under the Rainbow?"  An amusing movie when I was 10ish and finally saw it on HBO.
To be honest, whatever the hell I was watching, my actual thought was "I'm fucking drunk, but not as drunk as that guy". All I remember is a drunk midget falling down the stairs, sitting up, saying something like "Hell, forgot my fucking beer" and then going back up the stairs for his beer.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #592 on: October 30, 2007, 03:12:09 PM

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
SnakeCharmer
Terracotta Army

Reply #593 on: October 30, 2007, 03:26:05 PM

Kind of a pointless release, to be honest.  So what if they're working together.  What I want to know is what they're working on.

Edit:  I'm still not convinced that what MMORPG that BioWare has been working on the last 2 years is what LA and BioWare are working on here forward.  Could be, and probably is, two seperate things.  I'll hold fast my role as the cynic and sole nonbeliever :P
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 03:31:32 PM by SnakeCharmer »
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #594 on: October 30, 2007, 04:41:10 PM

The Clive Owen Arthur movie was EXECRABLE.

I enjoyed it, but since I specified that Excalibur was the defining movie treatment of the legend of Arthur then Darniaq loses.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Topic: Bioware Austin.. damm more Dragons.. or Lightsabers?  
Jump to: