Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 06:43:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: morphite 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: morphite  (Read 1709 times)
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

on: January 18, 2007, 11:17:29 AM

http://eve-central.com/reports/Morphite-180-nomoving.png

Gah. While I seriously contemplate unloading the morphite I have at half of what I paid for it, will someone please explain what happened? Drone regions? Changes in 0.0 politics? Invention speculation pre-Revelations propping up the price?
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 11:32:25 AM

Compare the volume on the market, and the volume/price of tech2 components as well. I've noticed that Ceramic Powder has halved in price over the past 3 weeks.
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 01:03:04 PM

So you're saying there's no demand for T2 mats because T2 production has dropped? That would be odd with the BPO reseeding, but I see where you're going.

The volume of morphite in sell orders has increased dramatically since November or so. I don't know about the volume transacted per day. I sold a pile of morphite at 19,000 in Jita three months ago because I was essentially the only game in town at the time. Now there's 500k below 10k in Jita alone.

Dunno about volume/price of T2 in general, but the price of T2 220mm and 180mm ACs has gone up steeply, probably due to lack of supply, though I bet Hurricanes made demand go up concurrently. Maybe I'll find time to sift through the data sometime, but probably not.

Jeez, I should bite the bullet and train Large Projectile V. Dual 650 IIs are less than a third of the price of 220mm IIs.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 02:21:34 PM

So you're saying there's no demand for T2 mats because T2 production has dropped? That would be odd with the BPO reseeding, but I see where you're going.

The volume of morphite in sell orders has increased dramatically since November or so. I don't know about the volume transacted per day. I sold a pile of morphite at 19,000 in Jita three months ago because I was essentially the only game in town at the time. Now there's 500k below 10k in Jita alone.

Actually, I wasn't trying to imply anything; I was asking for a comparison of the morphite price drop with the other tech2 components and products, to see if it was just a symptom of some problem with the tech2 market in general.

Now, since the volume of morphite on the market has sharply increased, and I don't think too many T2 BPOs have gone out yet, I would guess that it's simply a case of massive oversupply. Someone's probably pumping out morphite to finance a war or in anticipation of the T2 BPO reseeding (in hopes of making bank off a supply shock).
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: morphite  
Jump to: