Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 06:22:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Game Day #5 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: S#4 - Game Day #5  (Read 30673 times)
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

on: June 15, 2011, 10:17:08 AM

We are currently Playing.....
Game Day #5
** All games have to be played BEFORE June 25th 2011 **

** All games have to be played BEFORE June 25th 2011 **

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 10:17:28 AM

Scores and Standings after Game Day #4

Scores:

Standings (4 played out of 7):

Battletech Division

Cthulhu Division

Stormbringer Division

Twilight 2000 Division

Player stats:

Team stats:

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 10:38:49 AM

Well, at least the Mutiny is really good at SOMEthing.  why so serious?

God Save the Horn Players
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 10:42:00 AM

Celer, I am hitting the beach in the morning for about five days. Tonight may be spotty. I'm going to try to install BB on my laptop but it's an underpowered piece of shit. If you can catch me on Steam this afternoon my time (Eastern US) then message me.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 11:19:40 AM

Falc, I am avaiable this week from 7PM-midnight GMT-4 (US EDT) on all days up to Friday.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 11:28:57 AM

Celer, I am hitting the beach in the morning for about five days. Tonight may be spotty. I'm going to try to install BB on my laptop but it's an underpowered piece of shit. If you can catch me on Steam this afternoon my time (Eastern US) then message me.

I won't be at home until about 6pm PDT (9pm your time I guess), but I've got all night free depending on how late you want to stay up.  If that will work let me know.  If not, I guess we have to wait until next week when you get back?  I'm not going anywhere so we should be fine.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 11:29:31 AM

Paelos, what about tomorrow, GMT 11pm? Should be 7pm your time (and 1am my time).

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 11:32:28 AM

I won't be at home until about 6pm PDT (9pm your time I guess), but I've got all night free depending on how late you want to stay up.  If that will work let me know.  If not, I guess we have to wait until next week when you get back?  I'm not going anywhere so we should be fine.

Cool beans. Like I said, I'm planning on testing my laptop with the game so we may be in good shape. Tonight I'm iffy on just because I'm getting up ass early to go driving.
ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 11:33:02 AM

Should be able to play mine any time after Sunday. I'll be out of town for a wedding until then.

Yes, this is the same excuse I used last time I had to miss a weekend. People I know just won't stop getting married.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 11:33:58 AM

Paelos, what about tomorrow, GMT 11pm? Should be 7pm your time (and 1am my time).

That's fine.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ulysees
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: June 15, 2011, 02:10:24 PM

I've seen you online a fair bit during the evening UK time Teleku so will try and catch you this weekend to get our game played, if I am online in steam when you login just drop me a message otherwise I will look out for you.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #11 on: June 15, 2011, 02:45:29 PM

Catfud, I'm on Central time. When is a good time for you to face the fancy pants wrath?

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #12 on: June 15, 2011, 02:48:09 PM

Catfud = Llyse, on AnZac time...so, have fun with that.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Also, Ironwood, if you're reading this somewhere, I'm EST (-5 hours to you). I'm home most nights/weekends, so just pick a slot that works for you and let me know.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: June 15, 2011, 03:37:47 PM

Der Helm,

I imagine you are still under the weather and less than interested in Blood Bowl -- but I wish you a swift recovery! And when you do recover, let me know what sort of time works for you to play. I am PST, which puts you 9 hours ahead of me, if I remember correctly that you are in Germany (and if you are on the same time zone as Berlin.) Given that, I am guessing this weekend would be the best time, but I could also play in your-evening (my morning/afternoon) on Friday or Monday with some notice.

After that four day window things might get a little messy, unless you are able to play early in the morning your time.

Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 03:53:03 PM

Richard Nixon just got a second agility increase and is up to a grand total of 5.  He will now be able to live up to his namesake and truly become Tricky Dick. 

I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do with him at this point though.  It's like an embarrassment of riches.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: June 15, 2011, 04:01:47 PM

Give him a second head through mutation, and then he can be just as two faced as his namesake  Ohhhhh, I see.

Hic sunt dracones.
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: June 15, 2011, 05:01:04 PM

Richard Nixon just got a second agility increase and is up to a grand total of 5.  He will now be able to live up to his namesake and truly become Tricky Dick. 

I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do with him at this point though.  It's like an embarrassment of riches.

On a double dodge, leap, or pass would all be great options. opening up different ways to play him.

Dodge would then be block, tackle and stand firm, meaning he runs thru the oppo's lines and marks a ball carrier.
Leap then goes wrestle and tackle for a super ball extractor - i have one of these and it makes my team really really hard to play against.
Pass for some sick elf like play, u just need someone with extra arms to act as a reciever.

there are other options but i  would say these are your top 3 picks. This however may be a moot point as i  will be trying to end his life when we meet soon :)
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: June 15, 2011, 06:24:49 PM

Need the match between Celer and I rebooted. My very first move, my troll killed an elf so badly that Celer crashed, giving me the 2-0 win. We're going to replay next week.
Celer
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 06:25:54 PM

That really should show up on a stat sheet somewhere!  swamp poop
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: June 15, 2011, 06:32:52 PM

Hello Carnifex. Add me on steam! I am around, though less on the weekend. Etc, etc.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: June 15, 2011, 09:29:26 PM

At one stage there was 1 dead zombie, 2 badly hurt, 4 KO'ed necros...and Amazons lost 2-1. 3 Badly hurt on the Amazon side.

This was a game of tackle over dodge.  Several times in key plays, tackle negated the dodge, allowing the Blodgy Amazons to be all bloody instead. The game came down yet again on the 2nd last turn to an accurate pass to a catcher in the touchdown zone...who failed the reroll. I again almost made it when a ghoul pushed the sidestepping catcher into the ball square...and again she failed to catch it. On my last turn I had a small chance...and the blitzing thrower on a one dice block picked up the ball after it was dropped in the square she moved too.

2-1 Necromantic's over Amazons. 1 Dead Zombie (no skills, and that zombie originally belonged to Hlemn!). Least one my star catchers hits level 5, and a Blitzer level 4. One of the Necro star Werewolves also gains a skill.

If I keep this midseason slump going, I won't be making any play offs.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
avaia
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 09:41:09 PM

I had a nice lapse in attention where I failed to see I was hitting a wolf against a side stepper that led to 2 of my players getting surfed.  Oops?

The dice weren't overly kind to anyone in this match, I'll happily take the win to put me back in the playoff picture.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #22 on: June 15, 2011, 10:04:50 PM

On a double dodge, leap, or pass would all be great options. opening up different ways to play him.

Dodge would then be block, tackle and stand firm, meaning he runs thru the oppo's lines and marks a ball carrier.
Leap then goes wrestle and tackle for a super ball extractor - i have one of these and it makes my team really really hard to play against.
Pass for some sick elf like play, u just need someone with extra arms to act as a reciever.

there are other options but i  would say these are your top 3 picks. This however may be a moot point as i  will be trying to end his life when we meet soon :)

Strong Arm, and then go deep every game.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #23 on: June 15, 2011, 11:27:33 PM

Yeah, I'm tempted to go with building a passing game.  I also have a +1STR beastman with Sure Hands and Block who is about to level.  An extra arm for him and a passing skill for Nixon could make for an interesting Chaos passing option.  Strong Arm could be a good way to go if I don't roll doubles on Nixon but have already pulled the trigger on the extra arm on another Beastman.

That ball stripping idea is great though, especially because it utilizes his horns.  I've been meaning to build two blitzing beastmen, but right now I don't have any tools like that and could really use it.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: June 16, 2011, 04:00:57 PM

Burrowing Beetles loses 0-3 to the Paper Armour Dolls.  He did not kill my thro-ra this game.  He killed BOTH my thro-ras!   ACK!

A bloody game consisting mainly of dark elves grabbing the ball and using their comrades to screen off the non-dodging khemri until they had enough and decided to score.  Repeat x2.

And by bloody, I mean:

Dark elves:
Level 3 Witch-elf (+1 ST, Wrestle): dead
Level 3 Blitzer (Dodge, +1 AG): badly hurt
Level 2 Blitzer (Dodge): serious concussion
Level 2 Lineman (Block): gouged eye

Khemri:
Level 3 Thro-Ra (Block, Dodge): dead
Level 2 Blitz-Ra (+1 MV): damaged back
Level 1 Thro-Ra: dead
Level 1 Skeleton: broken jaw

Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #25 on: June 16, 2011, 04:04:46 PM

Good luck finding a thro-ra willing to play for your team! WORD GETS AROUND, PROUDFT.

God Save the Horn Players
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: June 16, 2011, 04:06:04 PM

The Dark Elves are jealous I have Pass.

And, fuck, I forgot to use my wizard.

AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: June 16, 2011, 04:10:13 PM

Burrowing Beetles loses 0-3 to the Paper Armour Dolls.  He did not kill my thro-ra this game.  He killed BOTH my thro-ras!   ACK!

A bloody game consisting mainly of dark elves grabbing the ball and using their comrades to screen off the non-dodging khemri until they had enough and decided to score.  Repeat x2.

And by bloody, I mean:

Dark elves:
Level 3 Witch-elf (+1 ST, Wrestle): dead
Level 3 Blitzer (Dodge, +1 AG): badly hurt
Level 2 Blitzer (Dodge): serious concussion
Level 2 Lineman (Block): gouged eye

Khemri:
Level 3 Thro-Ra (Block, Dodge): dead
Level 2 Blitz-Ra (+1 MV): damaged back
Level 1 Thro-Ra: dead
Level 1 Skeleton: broken jaw

Also of interest there were zero KO's. If that had been put at the top of this post it would have sounded like a quiet game!!
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #28 on: June 16, 2011, 04:18:37 PM

ACK!

That was a bloody game.  Kind of a Pyrrhic victory.  Killing a +STR Witchelf is devastating.  Also,  his blitzer getting -AV is going to hurt.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #29 on: June 16, 2011, 04:26:18 PM

Eh, fuck it. I don't care anymore.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 04:28:59 PM by Sky »
AndyDavo
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: June 16, 2011, 04:41:36 PM

Eh, fuck it. I don't care anymore.

If u  wish me to find you a tall building i will happily oblige
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #31 on: June 16, 2011, 04:44:22 PM

Both the Thro-Ras? Wow, that's pretty brutal...

Yet he still ran up 3 on you, unanswered?

I am convinced ya'll are just not hitting those elves hard enough. If not for an Apothecary, I would have killed 2 Orcs last week. Ohhhhh, I see.

Though to be fair, I think that's the most damage Andy has suffered in quite some time.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
proudft
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: June 16, 2011, 04:54:19 PM

It's one better than last time I played him!

It was on track for a 1-1 tie (since he successfully delayed the first half score for so long) until Butterfingers McSlippery failed to pick up the ball at the start of the second half, but eh, it happens.  At least it wasn't raining.

Also re:damage, it was far fewer hits than it could have been.  Once the game got going, he spent a considerable amount of effort arranging his dudes such that I only got 2 or 3 real blocks in each turn.  If it was a real slugging match, it would have been even bloodier.   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 04:56:51 PM by proudft »
Ice Cream Emperor
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: June 16, 2011, 04:58:21 PM

Ding, dong, the witch is dead! Dance party time.

Oh, I mean, sorry to hear about your thro-ras.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #34 on: June 16, 2011, 04:59:41 PM

Don't worry, your str 5 wolf still has many, many crosshairs pointed at it I'm sure.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Blood Bowl Bullshit  |  Topic: S#4 - Game Day #5  
Jump to: