Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 12:28:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1964404 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1155 on: September 01, 2007, 12:38:58 PM

In other developments, RISE have had to cancel their member remuneration package for pvp losses, even for capitals, since they have run out of money.  The suggestion I liked was that we set them to -2 so that they show up as orange to us, making it easier to shoot them first in fleet ops.

Now THAT is playing to win.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #1156 on: September 01, 2007, 01:10:20 PM

http://www.eve-maps.com/outpostalert/alliancechart.asp?FilterType=Alliance&FilterBy=RISE

Membership has been gently falling. Perhaps their headcount will turn interesting soon.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #1157 on: September 01, 2007, 03:46:14 PM

After DT, ET never logged back in, and both sides set about consolidating.  -A- jumped in 30 carriers and set to work repping the POS, we started shooting the station and clearing those two moons (which took more shooting than killing the towers, CCP needs to do something about that), neither side seemed to want a showdown (we didn't want to fight near a POS in lag even worse than before DT, they didn't want to fight into superior numbers away from them) and most -A- left shortly after the station changed hands.  Force balance was actually around 360 to 240 when it peaked out, crashes dropped local to just over 500 just before DT (nobody could seem to get logged back in).  Moon count is now 7 to 4, and I believe we're shooting -A- POS back into reinforced right now.

IAC didn't make much of a showing, especially considering they're a euro-heavy alliance for whom the hour was much more reasonable.  RSF wasn't present in more than token numbers, nor did other hostiles we had seen moving into the area make much of an appearance.

I think -A- underestimated just how bugshit nuts FIX gets about the Mother Egg.  They should know better, after the way we lemming-charged them to save it when it *was* an egg.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1158 on: September 01, 2007, 04:25:46 PM

Holy crap, you mean 4 of AAA's 6 POSes got repped this time?  I'll bet Bob wishes fervently that that happened when we set about popping their POSes  cheesy  it must be nice for Fix, though, to be on the blobbing side rather than outnumbered.

Anyway, were you declining to discuss the FIX sov-count thing?

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #1159 on: September 01, 2007, 04:58:12 PM

It is what it is.  We defended 49-U for a month without Cyno Jammers, we'll do what has to be done in ED-.  Yeah, being the 3 in the "3 to 2" is not a normal situation for FIX, it felt...unnatural.  Wierder was having 140 in alliance and 110 in gang at an hour when there are normally 40 in alliance, half of those people who went to bed without logging out.

The primary objective (taking back Sov and denying the enemy a base in Central Q) had been accomplished, so we set about the secondary objective (clearing the moons and getting our own towers on them).  Killing a few -A- carriers wasn't going to mean a great deal even if we didn't get DD'd doing it, and taking another POS or two would have been pure gravy, not worth risking the objectives for (until those moons were cleared and our own towers anchored, -A- could take them back fairly easily).  We weren't in the mood to play double-or-nothing (a lot of our people never went to bed).

But 3 to 2 is not "omgwtfblob", we've successfuly defended under those conditions.  Hell, we consider that a *good* defensive scenario most of the time, much better than trying to do it at 2 to 1 or worse, like we did in 49-U for the first month.

--Dave

EDIT: And it's a little annoying the way you're trying to spin a decisive strategic success into a marginal tactical failure, first setting up the expectation that we should have been able to kill all the POS, then acting surprised when we decided to focus on the objective and not go chasing total victory.  Don't spin propaganda at me, and I'll try to stick to the facts.  Fact is, -A- lost and we won, at a time when all the factors were tilted in their favor and when they had two Titans in the mix.  No, we couldn't have done with without BoB/FinFleet/-YW-, we couldn't have done it without *any* of the things that went right, or if anything had gone a little more wrong.  If I had waited 1 more minute to suggest calling up the reserve dreads, we would have failed, it was *that* close.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 05:55:14 PM by MahrinSkel »

--Signature Unclear
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1160 on: September 02, 2007, 12:47:52 AM

Dude, calm down.  I was honestly surprised that you didn't take down the other four POSes - I said in advance I expected as much - and my expectation that you would was based partly around your own, earlier comments about the inevitability of victory, and partly on our own experience taking out Bob POSes 14 or 20 at a time when we have those sort of numbers available (and against Omnipotence Itself).  In any case, you'll no doubt clear the rest in the next couple of days, and then you can be satisfyingly smug and say that you told me so while you move onto the offensive.  cheesy

I wasn't making omgwtfblob comments: I merely commented on the change in circumstances for Fix to be on the side with numbers for a change, implicitly recognising that you'd fought against much larger numbers for a while.  That said, Bob's latest strategy is explictly aimed at throwing everything they have at IAAAC.  It would be hypocritical of  goon to suggest that bringing overwhelming numbers to a party is A Bad Thing.  It might even be a good strategy, if IAAAC were all Bob faced.

And I completely agree about pos module clearing: we've taken down over a hundred Bob POSes in the last couple of months, and on those occasions when we had to clear out their guns etc in order to anchor our own stuff it was worse than taking down the pos itself.

Anyway, in case you missed the question, what is up with the drop in Fix sov claims?  Withdrawing POSes to put into key systems?

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1161 on: September 02, 2007, 11:26:43 AM

Ahh, I misunderstood the question.  Probably people shutting down moon mines as not being cost-effective to run in a war zone.

As far as what we'll do about the remaining 4, I really don't know.  If it was purely up to FIX taking them down would be the first priority, but I guess it will depend on what the other allies are after.  I dunno if BoB/FinFleet/-YW- were just up for a quick driveby or what.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1162 on: September 02, 2007, 02:34:07 PM

If it was purely up to FIX taking them down would be the first priority, but I guess it will depend on what the other allies are after.  I dunno if BoB/FinFleet/-YW- were just up for a quick driveby or what.

Unless they change their mind, Bob's plan is to fight up there under MC's wing against IAAAC.  Did you see the leaked bob memo telling their pilots where to move their stuff from and to?  I think it went public eventually.

We've been busy putting more bob POSes into reinforced.  Lots of them.  We found one onlining and destroyed it inside 6 minutes: that's a minmatar large from 50% shields to destroyed inside 360 seconds.  It looks worryingly like somebody badly miscalculated the brakes needed to stop a train of this size.

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1163 on: September 03, 2007, 01:10:23 PM

Hey Comstr, what on earth happened between Bob, their petshop and IAC/CVA?  The bob killboard shows them being slaughtered en masse this evening...

Those killmails seem to show notorious roleplayers CVA being pretty hot stuff with the sniping...

Twitter - Endieposts

neep
Terracotta Army

Reply #1164 on: September 03, 2007, 01:20:56 PM

There is a big party in fat, you should come!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1165 on: September 03, 2007, 03:54:22 PM

There's our own special party down in Feyth, and I am not convinced my Rokh will make it to fat alone.  Plus, given my record in PvP i think I might just swing the battle Bob's way if I join in...

Twitter - Endieposts

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1166 on: September 03, 2007, 08:05:35 PM

I missed it (I was stuck in FAT and had to log about 5 minutes before it started) but the first BoBMcFIX attack of operation SteamRoller steams to have increased IAC Morale. Normally our killboard shows us 1 to 2 bill, yesterday it was 16bil kill to 10bil deaths and I think that's with only a small amount of cap ships (I know IAC lost a couple), it's mostly support ships on both sides. Apparently it was a good long fight for 3 hours.

Both CVA and AAA fleets arrived, and AAA probably shot CVA a bit too, but both fleets arriving tipped the balance in the defenders favour.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Drogo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1167 on: September 03, 2007, 08:56:04 PM

Both CVA and AAA fleets arrived, and AAA probably shot CVA a bit too, but both fleets arriving tipped the balance in the defenders favour.

I have read about this in another forum as well. Why don't AAA and CVA have each other as positive since they are both fighting for a common cause at the moment. Is there some bad blood between them in the past or does AAA just refuse to go above a certain number of blues. It just seems kind of strange and counterproductive, but then again I have never understood the Russians beyond knowing they love a good fight and killing capitals.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1168 on: September 04, 2007, 10:38:32 AM

AAA doesn't want more blues, and CVA is here more for revenge and PvP than any stratagic reason.

4 AAA towers saved in ED-, 2 FIX towers back in reinforced. Battle for ED- is not over yet.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1169 on: September 04, 2007, 01:33:08 PM

Yeah, it's pretty much that AAA & CVA both hate BoB/FIX/MC/et al. more than they hate each other.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #1170 on: September 04, 2007, 01:44:11 PM

The message I was given from AAA is they like to shoot people, they intend to shoot BoB&friends, but if there's no BoB|friends to shoot, they'd like the option of shooting whoever is around. Blues take away that option.

I think this stance is a wise one.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1171 on: September 05, 2007, 02:39:50 PM

Starting Wednesday 9/5/07:

US roll out for those who remain in Jo- and the Feyth theater. LEAVE SHIPS AND JUMP CLONES IN JO- FOR FUTURE FIGHTS. Your new home will be in 49-U. Get a good stock of ships to this region including those for the following groups:

Interceptor group

Command/Hac/Recon group

Fleet setup (BS>BC>Dictor)

Carriers stay in Jo- for now.

All regroups until further notice will be at 02:00 eve time. That means that you are in game, in gang, and ready to roll at this time. We want numbers and ships to be available at all times. Also for dictor pilots, have at least 3 backups in 49-u incase we get capitals to kill.

All pilots make sure ammo stocks are set and ready to go in 49-U because corp hangers will likely be non existent and market is skeptical. THIS IS ONLY 12 JUMPS FROM NOL, NO EXCUSES NOT TO HAVE SHIPS AVAILIBLE IN 49-U!!!
Translation: BoB has decided to give up their previous plan of defending Feyth and attacking IAC/AAA et al. for a new plan of just abandoning Feyth (and any pets therein) to go fight IAC/etc. in Querious.

Good news for FIX, not-so-good news for RISE, CORM, and any other BoB pets in Feyth...or for BoB themselves, for that matter.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1172 on: September 05, 2007, 03:57:11 PM

It's delicious: we said when they came up with their last policy re feyth that the results would be wonderful, and they are.  So very wonderful.  Corm, Rise, Soco and the rest are our toys to play with.  And every other pet in the shop must see what will happen to them when the time comes.

Twitter - Endieposts

Drogo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1173 on: September 05, 2007, 04:18:56 PM

Any guesses on how long it takes Rise to be evicted?

I am thinking one month, but it could be much less if they lose a system or two quick and failure cascade sets in.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1174 on: September 06, 2007, 02:12:15 AM

Well, on the one hand they've lost one-in-five of their members in just over a month.  On the other hand they have all the advantages that sov 4 can offer (and those are immense).  If they're not completely worthless, they should be able to hold out for a while.

Sadly for them, they are worthless.

In other news, we finished the scouring of sixty-six: where, just a few days ago, Bob had 34 POSes, many of them deathstars, now there is just pristine goonspace, with every single one destroyed.  I well remember that system being the uber-camped bottleneck that stopped us easily getting fleets to D2-EZ (GF-HARD) only a few weeks ago.  Now they're both ours.

Twitter - Endieposts

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1175 on: September 06, 2007, 11:42:16 AM

neep
Terracotta Army

Reply #1176 on: September 06, 2007, 12:31:01 PM

he FORCED Hedgemon to give up the most precious item in the game. He took the one thing this man cared about in eve online simply so he himself could play and have fun.

golden  :-D
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1177 on: September 06, 2007, 03:53:01 PM

The responses from Rise members, endlessly subjected to Roy's "You go home GI!  Your wife sleep with neighbour!" rhetoric, is wonderful, and he keeps some of the best in his sig.  He's in Iraq, of course, so sitting in a cloaked covert preaching to his captive audience about how doomed they are (and they are, and they know it) is a great way to use his laggy connection.

Twitter - Endieposts

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1178 on: September 07, 2007, 07:53:17 AM

BOB has committed to Catch and put 5 towers in 25S.

Will this be a 1940 Blitzkrieg to JZV, a Kursk, or a Bulge. We'll know in the next week...

Ratadm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1179 on: September 10, 2007, 04:09:27 PM

Looks like Fallen Souls in the north are surrendering.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1180 on: September 10, 2007, 04:42:26 PM

Why did Black Avatar leave Fix?

Edit: is Tyraxx just making trouble when he says that FIX ran out of ISK with which to pay MC, and that (without going into the specifics he claims to be the case - I'm sure we'll find out about those in the next few days, one way or the other) the resulting payment settlement led to BA taking their ball and going home?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 05:34:54 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1181 on: September 10, 2007, 10:12:31 PM

He's talking out of his ass.  There's a lot of drama involved with BA's departure, but the fact that Tyrrax is making up something so off the wall gives me hope that we may finally have hit the end of his string of spies, at least those well enough placed to have any idea what is going on.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Ratadm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1182 on: September 10, 2007, 10:34:38 PM

Or it could just be that it's a propaganda piece.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1183 on: September 11, 2007, 01:10:35 AM

He's talking out of his ass.  There's a lot of drama involved with BA's departure, but the fact that Tyrrax is making up something so off the wall gives me hope that we may finally have hit the end of his string of spies, at least those well enough placed to have any idea what is going on.

Hey, you accused me of spinning, and now you're saying that the outcome of just over 10% of FIX's richest members leaving, with over a dozen capital pilots, is on balance a good thing for you?  Presumably, then, the fact that FIX has now lost one in six members in 45 days and just over one out of every three sov 3 systems in the last month is a sign of their certain success?

Edit:  The Tyrrax stuff was third hand: now he's posted on the GF his theory sounds more plausible.  And pleasant.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 01:24:32 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1184 on: September 11, 2007, 05:43:24 AM

Looks like Fallen Souls in the north are surrendering.

I heard the same rumor.

The sooner the 24 or 36 hour NAPfest with RAZOR/MM/Hydra/MH/assorted North is over the better. Our TRI corp starts losing sanity when we have to travel 30 jumps for some pew pew.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1185 on: September 12, 2007, 12:35:40 AM

Not trying to spin you.  Like I said, there's a *lot* of drama tied up in BA's departure, and whatever Tyrrax is saying is behind it can't be more than about a third of it.  Anyway, BA leaving does put a bit of a dent in FIX, both from numbers and from resources.  And a few weeks ago, it could have been a fatal blow.  Now, it's a different kind of problem, more remarkable for its internal effects than anything else.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1186 on: September 12, 2007, 05:35:28 AM

Tyraxx didn't want that gold magnate impoc mothership anyway.

Also: BoB didn't want that spymaster anyway.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1187 on: September 12, 2007, 01:27:59 PM

Did he lose it already?  :-D

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Ratadm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1188 on: September 12, 2007, 03:56:31 PM

Tyraxx didn't want that gold magnate impoc mothership anyway.

Also: BoB didn't want that spymaster anyway.
What's the spymaster thing?  And yeah Tyrrax lost his Aeon today (it was more a question of when rather than if).  I wonder if he made more from the insurance than he spent on the mods (to lazy to look up what he fit and what the insurance is).
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1189 on: September 13, 2007, 02:59:00 AM

Go look at Digital Communist's details in-game.

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: