Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 08:30:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Blackwsmithing on Earthen Ring 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blackwsmithing on Earthen Ring  (Read 10038 times)
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

on: November 26, 2004, 09:40:55 PM

Okay, I've got my smithing to 90-something and am working on getting it higher every day. I can't make a lot of the really good stuff yet, but a lot of what I can make is better than store-bought and is definitely way cheaper. If any of you want stuff I'm able to make, just mail me (character is Foxglove) the ingredients and I'll make it and mail it back to you for free. If you find any smithing patterns, feel free to donate them, or failing that, gouge me a reasonable price. Right now the only dropped pattern I have is Gemmed Copper Gauntlets. Anyway, check http://www.thottbot.com/?t=Blacksmithing fo the list of blacksmithing items. I recommend the Thick War Axe for those that can use it. At level 12 it's about as good a weapon as you'll ever find.

If we can get each of the tradeskills covered like this, we should be set for later when the tradeskill items are matched only by Raid gear.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: November 26, 2004, 10:37:36 PM

Argh, dble post 4teh win

schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: November 27, 2004, 12:15:17 AM

Leathersmithing here. On Earthen Ring. Up to 60 something. Got Skinning up to 120 or so. I'll fill in details later.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: November 27, 2004, 06:43:06 AM

I took herbalism and alchemy.  I die too much not to have pots with me.  It seems, however, that nearly everytime I try and pick an herb I get rigor mortis which prevents me from doing much of anything else.  It seems useless to petition a GM, as they don't bother to answer.  Oh well.  I hope I don't have to reroll AGAIN just to choose a working profession.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: November 27, 2004, 08:55:59 AM

Prolly gonna go for tailoring/enchanting on one char, and herbalism/alchemy on the other.  But they're at 0 right now since the chars don't exist yet.  Soon(TM), though.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: November 27, 2004, 09:13:37 AM

Argh.

I guess I should have figured this, but you can't mail stuff back and forth from Horde to Alliance and vice versa. You've got to be on the same side as the recipient, even if they're both your own character.

ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: November 27, 2004, 09:30:51 AM

Yes, Horde.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #7 on: November 27, 2004, 10:16:03 AM

It seems that the herbalism rigor mortis bug is restricted to Echo Islands.  I don't seem to get it anywhere else... at least, not yet.

Zane0
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: November 27, 2004, 10:32:26 AM

Been trying out the tailoring/enchanting.  So far, tailoring is easy: You can make stuff out of linen that you find off of mobs, and you'll be able to make bags early on, which everyone wants.  Enchanting is much harder.  The materials that enchanting requires are created by taking apart magical items that you could otherwise sell for money.  Plus, the entry enchanting recipes are pretty weak. (Go Go +5 health bracers!)  I imagine that it'll be a very nice profession to have in the later levels when one can't get higher equipment, though.

At level 13 I have something like 60 tailoring and 15 enchanting.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: November 27, 2004, 01:46:21 PM

Can you take apart the +5 health bracers you just made to make another set of +5 health bracers?  Or does it require only dropped magical loot?
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #10 on: November 27, 2004, 02:13:54 PM

Quote from: ajax34i
Can you take apart the +5 health bracers you just made to make another set of +5 health bracers?  Or does it require only dropped magical loot?

Magical loot.

As for me, I have skinning/mining on my main.

I send stones to my blacksmith alt to sharpen for my main daggers.  I send magical items that don't sell at the AH to my enchating/herbalism alt for breaking down.  And I sell everything else.

Making good bank.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #11 on: November 27, 2004, 02:20:59 PM

Quote from: ajax34i

You can take apart "Green" quality or higher items for Enchanting. This includes items you can craft. That's why Tailoring/Enchanting is a popular combo.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: November 28, 2004, 01:02:13 AM

I have to announce with great pride that the Bob site is the number 5 Google result for "world of warcraft macroing", without any effort on my part - or even actually macroing in the game. However, if I can figure it out you can bet I'll macro-fish until I'm a billionaire.

schild
Administrator

Reply #13 on: November 28, 2004, 01:05:44 AM

By Typing this:

WoW Macro Macroing Macros Macroes Tara Reid Tits EQ2 Everquest

I assure you you'll get bumped lower by the time we get crawled by the google spider again. The more people that quote me will help the rank even more.

Edit: For shits and giggles, here's some of the search strings that point to us:
motoroladct6208docsis
champions of mmog
game cracks sacred
jeff freeman blog
screenshots of diane keaton nude
world of warcraft marketing wife

ugly stripper
Amp
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: November 28, 2004, 01:20:08 AM

Quote from: Signe
It seems that the herbalism rigor mortis bug is restricted to Echo Islands.  I don't seem to get it anywhere else... at least, not yet.

it's everywhere....

stupidly addicting game

This space for rent.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: November 28, 2004, 01:39:59 AM

Quote from: schild

I assure you you'll get bumped lower by the time we get crawled by the google spider again. The more people that quote me will help the rank even more.

Bah, you can not defeat my web-fu. I haven't tried to rank for WoW stuff since I got the number 3 spot for "world of warcraft" in order to test some SEO hunches. If need be, I can push enough PR and anchor text to crush. The sad thing is that there's just not enough traffic in videogame sites to make it worth the time. I could dick around getting jack-crap from amazon affiliate sales, or I can toss up some more Inuyasha and Kenshin hentai sites that give me guaranteed coin by forcing horny dolts to put pay-per-install scumware on their machines to look at stuff they can get for free if they had the knowledge of where to look for it. You do the math. I was just amused that The Bobs ranked as one of the top results for what I was searching for.

Also, I just bought some in-game gold on ebay while I'm sitting here at work. I'M PART OF THE PROBLEM, NOT THE SOLUTION! GO ME!!!.

Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: November 28, 2004, 09:24:44 AM

Quote from: MrHat
I send stones to my blacksmith alt to sharpen for my main daggers.  I send magical items that don't sell at the AH to my enchating/herbalism alt for breaking down.  And I sell everything else.

I was doing the same thing: main guy has skinning and mining, alt has engineering and leatherworking.

However, the problem I have is that you cannot upgrade to Journeyman status in Engineering or Leatherworking until you are level 10. So, my level 5 alt would have to level to 10 just to "catchup" to my main, and then eventually get to level 20, etc. So, I decided I'd keep him around to make ammo in a bind, and my main has taken up Leatherworking.

I guess if you don't mind levelling two characters somewhat in parallel it'd work great, but I'm a one-character kinda guy (until I get bored, anyways).

- Viin
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #17 on: November 28, 2004, 12:26:32 PM

Someone snuck into WoW in the middle of the night and stealth nerfed fishing.  You can no longer go to areas higher than your own level range and fish.  It tells you that there are no fish there... even though you can see them swimming around.  People speculate that it is because EVERYONE was becoming very rich by fishing up pearls and expensive boots and ruining the entire economy of the game.  When cornered, Blizzard admitted that this was intentional but in an effort to maintain their mystique, they have not commented further.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: November 28, 2004, 11:40:58 PM

Just a heads up:

12g at L22 w/ a rogue ($ intensive).

Take mining and skinning.  Don't sell 1 piece of silver for less than 20s a piece.  Sell stacks of 20 bronze for 50s.  20 Copper for 25s.

It's great cash.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: November 29, 2004, 02:56:53 AM

Quote from: MrHat

Don't sell 1 piece of silver for less than 20s a piece.  

Damn... Some guy had 5 bars with a buyout of 15 silver, and I thought that was steep. Glad I bought it now. Silver is an asspain to find. At least for me.

Mesozoic
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: November 29, 2004, 04:17:06 AM

Alchemy is working out well.  A stack (5) of the lowest-level potions involves finding two easy-to-get reagents and 20c worth of bottles, and sell at auction for around 1.5 - 2s.  Trying to find a reagent for my minor mana potions (mageroyal) is what actually pushed me out of the starting zone, which was nice - it seemed like a natural motivation, as opposed to just trying to get to [current level]+1.

...any religion that rejects coffee worships a false god.
-Numtini
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #21 on: November 29, 2004, 08:41:24 AM

Quote from: Signe

I get it in the Barrens.

Also, I went herbalism and alchemy, and am currently around 75 on Alchemy. I can make swiftness potions (15 second sprint with 2 minute cooldown), as well as some decent healing/mana recovery potions.

If anyone finds discolored worg hearts, I need them to make a healing potion.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #22 on: November 29, 2004, 08:42:58 AM

I shudder to think.

angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: November 29, 2004, 09:29:22 AM

Quote from: HaemishM
If anyone finds discolored worg hearts, I need them to make a healing potion.

Dammit, I just sold 2.whatever stacks of them before I logged off. I'll still be whoring around yard trash worgs for at least tonite and I'll mail you any I get.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #24 on: November 29, 2004, 03:21:14 PM

Quote from: HaemishM

I shudder to think.

Sorry, but pancakes are the bailiwick of tmdc ;)
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: December 01, 2004, 02:58:09 PM

My smithing skill is up to 110 now. For those of you who can wear chain, I can now make Rough Bronze Shoulders. The recipe calls for 6 Bronze ingots and a shadowgem. If you want them, just mail me the ingredients, or instead of bronze ingots you can send me 6 copper and 6 tin and I'll combine them myself.

Same goes for any other item under 110 in smithing - just look on thottbot and send me the ingredients and I'll make whatever and send it back to you.

God, I love the in-game mail system.

sidereal
Contributor

Reply #26 on: December 01, 2004, 03:14:45 PM

My ability to pick flowers is beyond compare.  There is no flower mighty enough to withstand my picking skills.

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: December 01, 2004, 04:21:33 PM

Quote from: sidereal
My ability to pick flowers is beyond compare.  There is no flower mighty enough to withstand my picking skills.

Liferoot?

Edit:

Update, using my mining/skinning I now have 20g at L25.  And I haven't been stingy, buying weapons armor, giving away cash to guildies.
sidereal
Contributor

Reply #28 on: December 01, 2004, 04:38:50 PM

Did you not hear me?  I am the Alpha picker and the Omega picker!

Actually, I can't get Purple Lotus yet.  I'm having MtG flashbacks.

I have a miner/skinner alt that I intend to be a money factory.  Is it possible to send coinage through the mail system?

THIS IS THE MOST I HAVE EVERY WANTED TO GET IN TO A BETA
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: December 01, 2004, 04:57:03 PM

Quote from: sidereal

I have a miner/skinner alt that I intend to be a money factory.  Is it possible to send coinage through the mail system?

Definitely. I have a leatherwork/skinner and Blacksmith/Miner and they send cash back and forth to each other all the time.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Blackwsmithing on Earthen Ring  
Jump to: