Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 12:15:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 97 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 625226 times)
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #2520 on: February 21, 2012, 07:59:07 AM

I kinda miss that character tab where you see all your achievements like guild leader of so and so. That's not in here is it?
There are General Stats kept for your character, which does include quest completions, kills, crimes, magic, etc. but it doesn't list them as "achievements". It's in the Quest journal <J key> in the center portion "General Stats".

I used to write for extinct gaming sites
details available here (unused blog about page)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #2521 on: February 21, 2012, 10:48:53 AM

Aha, I knew I was missing it. Thanks!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #2522 on: February 21, 2012, 11:28:50 AM

http://news.killscreendaily.com/post/18020539478/skyrim-game-jam

Everyone on the Bethesda team was given a week to do whatever they wanted in Skyrim. Here's some of the results.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2523 on: February 21, 2012, 11:31:46 AM

Bloodworth day again?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #2524 on: February 21, 2012, 11:35:32 AM

Dammit, I even went back a few pages to see if it was already posted. That's what I get for not coming in this thread as often.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #2525 on: February 21, 2012, 09:25:14 PM

I think I've hit a wall in my first playthrogh. I've been playing a kind of sneaky Spell sword and at level 30 i'm starting to run into things now that I simply cant beat without multiple reloads. I think I've spread my skills and perks around too much and my armour sucks ass without the alteration skills to compensate (I'm wearing robes with boots and bucklers) I'm contemplating starting again and focusing things a bit more, or tossing the robes and putting on some enchanted armour. If I could find some that had cold resistance to disenchant that would be nice. As ever though I'm shooting ahead in summoning majic over all else  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Really enjoying it I have to admit. I feel the place is alive at times which is a nice feeling. The addition of the favorites list really helps as it dosent break the flow of combat too much and swapping spells is a breeze. hand to hand is actually fun as well which I think is what landed me in the unfocused predicement. Archery and destruction is naff, I think its better to stick with just the one ranged damage dealer. I like lightning though for its insta-hitness.

Hic sunt dracones.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #2526 on: February 21, 2012, 11:17:26 PM

Yeah, I'm kind of the opposite, just hit my stride around 30 or 40 and started destroying everything on my Nightblade type guy.  For all my bitching about difficulty before, things have really gotten a lot more manageable once I got the hang of the combat system and the skill up system.  Stealth based characters seem a lot more viable in this game than they did in previous games.  The stealth skill in general seems more effective, the Muffle spell is amazingly useful, sneak attack + dual wield is usually an instant kill even for major enemies, and pickpocket is basically OP for everything out of combat (like training... pay 1500 gold to train a point in alchemy, pickpocket it back to gain a point in pickpocketing, pay it again to get another alchemy point...).  Just about the only things that stop me cold are the tougher types of Dragons, who I assume are balanced around ranged type characters with high flame/frost resistance, since they are just demolishing my ass.

Really kind of surprised with how much fun I'm having with this game, since I've long held that the series has been sliding downhill since Daggerfall, and was planning on skipping this title... I am so glad I didn't.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #2527 on: February 22, 2012, 01:03:36 PM

I just realised that I went through the Companions (fighters) quests wearing a robe, and now I'll be doing the wizards quests wearing a big fuckoff suit of armour  awesome, for real

Hic sunt dracones.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #2528 on: February 24, 2012, 12:19:59 PM

So i just got this to tie me over until D3/GW2, hows about a list of some must have or handy to have mods so i don't have to read the 72 pages?

I am the .00000001428%
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #2529 on: February 24, 2012, 12:30:10 PM

CBBE

"Me am play gods"
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2530 on: February 24, 2012, 12:35:30 PM

It is actually totally playable and enjoyable without any mods, which is probably the thing that surprised me the most about the game.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #2531 on: February 24, 2012, 12:38:17 PM

Standard things I felt were necessary:
Breezehome Enchanting Table  - Adds a simple Enchanting table to Whiterun's house
Rich Merchants  - Adjusts merchants to have $ so you can actually sell stuff
Glowing Ore Veins  - Makes the Ore Veins easier to see
Realistic Ragdoll Death Force  - Death Blows don't give an immense push to ragdolls
3rd Person Dual Weild Animation Fix  - No more stuttering in 3rd person with dual weapons
Tytanis The Ultimate Mod - Adds numerous enhancements to crafting, combining a few standalone mods
Simple Borderless Window  - If you use Alt Tab at all YOU NEED THIS
World Map with Roads - Changes the map to be easily readable with roads showing
SkyUI - A UI replacement that improves on some of the vanilla UI issues.

To make things tougher:
Wars in Skyrim IV - Adds more dynamic battles between factions and monsters around the world (Ups difficulty).
Deadly Dragons - Adds more varied dragons, that are a super challenge when dragons become trivial (Ups difficulty).

For Sexy Fun Skyrim
Calientes Nude Female mod - Probably the best nude female mod, with size options.
Sexy Lockpick Mod - Lockpicking your way to perversion.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:42:35 PM by taolurker »

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2532 on: February 24, 2012, 01:02:20 PM

Sexy Lockpick Mod - Lockpicking your way to perversion.

Watched the video - WHY WOULD YOU WANT THAT?

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #2533 on: February 24, 2012, 01:06:25 PM

I can't believe we have linked nude mods.  Facepalm

taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #2534 on: February 24, 2012, 01:13:51 PM

There are like thirty nude mods. I figured it would be best to at least link the best one, Paelos. What's wrong with nude mods anyway?

I thought the lockpick mod was funny as hell, and almost posted it here a week ago. When Threash asked for mods, I copied a previous post of mine with links to mods I considered essential (also added like 5 other mod links), and thought that was worth posting just for the laughs.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2535 on: February 24, 2012, 01:30:34 PM

What's wrong with nude mods anyway?

Other than the fact that you're now going to be "the nude mod using dude" in everyone's heads for all time?

taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #2536 on: February 24, 2012, 01:34:54 PM

Right because everyone else who's playing this isn't using a nude mod.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2537 on: February 24, 2012, 01:36:10 PM

I thought about it, then read the hoops you have to go through to get them to work and decided if I really need to rub one out, the Internet is full of hassle-free pr0n.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2538 on: February 24, 2012, 01:37:19 PM

See this is why everyone thinks gamers are creepy.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #2539 on: February 24, 2012, 01:39:14 PM

Some people are just creepy regardless of their gamer status. This is one of those times.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #2540 on: February 24, 2012, 01:40:23 PM

Some people are just creepy regardless of their gamer status. This is one of those times.
Truer than you could ever imagine in your wildest dreams.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #2541 on: February 24, 2012, 01:53:24 PM

I used no mods in Oblivion. Still use no mods here. I might in a year or so, but the nude mods aren't really on my list.

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #2542 on: February 24, 2012, 02:45:55 PM

The creepy part is the idea of anyone using nude mods in a Bethesda game.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #2543 on: February 24, 2012, 04:05:03 PM

I dunno, it's not that weird to me.  It kinda tweaks my immersion a bit that I can't be naked in this game if I wanted to, but not enough that I'd mod it.  Other people, evidently, feel differently, but it's not like there's anything really 'hur hur hur' sexual about it unless you're, like, seven years old and don't know what boobs look like.  You don't see women running around naked normally or anything, the only time you'd even know a nude mod was running was when you were looting something, and I'm not really feeling frisky when I'm peeling armor off a cadaver.  Compared to something like Mass Effect or Dragon Age where there's overt sexual content, my moral outrageometer is not moving that much, especially in a game where you've already got graphic decapitations and robbery and making demonic pacts with evil entities and so on.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #2544 on: February 24, 2012, 04:08:14 PM

I dunno, it's not that weird to me.  It kinda tweaks my immersion a bit that I can't be naked in this game if I wanted to, but not enough that I'd mod it.  Other people, evidently, feel differently, but it's not like there's anything really 'hur hur hur' sexual about it unless you're, like, seven years old and don't know what boobs look like.  You don't see women running around naked normally or anything, the only time you'd even know a nude mod was running was when you were looting something, and I'm not really feeling frisky when I'm peeling armor off a cadaver.  Compared to something like Mass Effect or Dragon Age where there's overt sexual content, my moral outrageometer is not moving that much, especially in a game where you've already got graphic decapitations and robbery and making demonic pacts with evil entities and so on.
You actually posted this

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #2545 on: February 24, 2012, 04:14:31 PM

When I hear "nude mod," I think of nutjobs who want to stack dead, naked bodies into some kind of perverse pyramid before stripping off all their armor and covering themselves in honey.

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #2546 on: February 24, 2012, 04:41:56 PM

It was mostly a joke (Bethesda character models) and I don't know what this specific mod does, but often nude mod means "all females are nude, all the time", not "you can remove the underwear aswell". At least that's what I assume hearing the words. The ability to remove underwear.... why? Then again I don't install mods that let me have an extra bushy beard, either, eventhough beards are awesome.

In reality I couldn't care less. Let's not kid outselves though, this has virtually nothing to do with any kind of realism and everything to do with nekkid chicks. I don't see anybody installing mods that make people suitably filthy, which seems to me it would contribute more to realism than less underwear would.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2547 on: February 24, 2012, 04:50:43 PM

In fact there are a crapload of mods to *remove* the dirt textures from character models. I'm guessing the nude mods are motivated by immersion about as much as those.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #2548 on: February 24, 2012, 05:16:33 PM

In reality I couldn't care less. Let's not kid outselves though, this has virtually nothing to do with any kind of realism and everything to do with nekkid chicks. I don't see anybody installing mods that make people suitably filthy, which seems to me it would contribute more to realism than less underwear would.

Hmm, yeah, this seems pretty likely to me, now that I think about it.  It just seems weird, given how sexless the game is normally, to salivate at the thought of the vendor who sells you apples... continuing to sell you apples, but doing it while she's starkers. *shrug*
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #2549 on: February 24, 2012, 05:21:24 PM

I think there are some very creepy nude mods out there (for Oblivion, Fallout 3/NV, and Skyrim alike), but I don't think that nude mods are creepy by default.

There are quite a few that begin as ways to simply make the traditionally crappy player models and meshes higher-quality while happening to be anatomically correct (plus there are usually underwear-sporting versions of those), but there are a lot that are out there simply for the titillation factor. I end up using neither, but for the latter I just shrug, go "That's Our Internet" and move on.

Edit: I do find it interesting, though, that most people I know who use various nude-capable body replacers in Bethsoft games aren't 15-25 year old boys/men, but usually 25-40 year old women who play Bethsoft games solely to dress their characters in elaborate outfits that drastically clash with the setting and take pretty screenshots.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 05:29:05 PM by koro »
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #2550 on: February 24, 2012, 05:28:17 PM

This isn't about immersion, but if it was, I'd say it was more immersion breaking that bodies have a default "bikini" underneath their armor, than it is for them to be nude. It also is only replacing the default bikini with a nude texture, and not a nude all the time, everybody is nude or anyplace close to a sexual thing.

It's actually something I have installed because of clothing mods that use a nude body as a base, more than any other reason, and because of trying to use the mod tools to mess with textures myself. The vast number of nude mods was more the reason I added one here, and if because I dared to link it you all see me as some kind pervert because of it that's fine.  I personally don't feel any excitement from "ooo boobies" in Skyrim and I hardly expected this kind of reaction to it after seeing all the discussion about TERA and it's boobs.

I thought about it, then read the hoops you have to go through to get them to work and decided if I really need to rub one out, the Internet is full of hassle-free pr0n.
When I hear "nude mod," I think of nutjobs who want to stack dead, naked bodies into some kind of perverse pyramid before stripping off all their armor and covering themselves in honey.
I think both of your posts are way more creepy and create disturbing images of you as posters than mine do.

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #2551 on: February 24, 2012, 05:52:34 PM

... and that's before they see the "sexy" lockpick mod.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #2552 on: February 24, 2012, 05:56:16 PM

I think both of your posts are way more creepy and create disturbing images of you as posters than mine do.

That's it. F13 CREEP-OFF! IT'S ON!

Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #2553 on: February 24, 2012, 06:21:26 PM

Most of the good looking female armors require CBBE, CHSBHC, or UNP bodies as a base.  If you play a female character and like to dress them up in all sorts of cool modded armors, you're pretty much going to have a nude mod in there by default.  Same thing applied to Oblivion and some of its body mods (HGEC was the most common one, as I recall).

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
taolurker
Terracotta Army

Reply #2554 on: February 24, 2012, 06:26:35 PM

Just an FYI, tazelbain posted this before anything I posted:
CBBE
That just happens to be the nude mod I linked, and thank you Koyasha for helping me make my point.

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 97 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  
Jump to: