Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 12:36:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Cat thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 66 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cat thread  (Read 582317 times)
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #630 on: January 15, 2010, 03:31:42 PM

The kittens like to sleep in the bathroom sink. Oscar likes to drink from the faucet, and knows how to turn it on. It's great fun when he turns it to a slow enough drip that the kittens don't wake up until they're completely soaked.

That's awesome. Doesn't happen to know how to turn it back off, does he? Must suck to come home to the water being on all day.
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #631 on: January 15, 2010, 10:38:40 PM

I have the bathroom sink set so it can only be turned on fairly low, after he left the cold on full blast overnight once. And I doubt he'd shut of the water if he can.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #632 on: January 19, 2010, 06:50:47 AM

We'd of been having Chinese food...
Paging Yegolev.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #633 on: January 24, 2010, 07:03:51 AM

Stumbled upon these pics earlier today, figured they'd fit in just fine. Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

awesome, for real

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #634 on: January 25, 2010, 12:40:16 PM

Why do they breed them to have such pushed in faces, anyway?  It's not like there's cat fighting rings or anything.  Or is there?  I don't even know!
Cat shows.  Judging standard says that Persians have a "short, snub nose", and breeders chase that with the result of "ultratyping".  Same thing in reverse with modern Siamese.  If you're a breeder, you need to go to a lot of cat shows and get ribbons and earn points toward Champion and Grand Champion status.  So where the difference between a Persian and Siamese nose was originally about half an inch, now the Persian looks like it was hit in the face with a shovel and the Siamese like it was rammed into a funnel.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #635 on: January 25, 2010, 02:33:51 PM

I find generic 'cat' faces better than either extreme. Inbreeding for specific deformity in both cats and dogs makes me sad.

And I need to get a new camera. The cats keep doing unbearably cute things.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #636 on: January 25, 2010, 02:40:57 PM

I'd really like it if those kennel/cat association guidelines included an, "If they start looking retarded or have trouble performing basic life functions they've gone too far," addendum to those guidelines.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #637 on: January 26, 2010, 06:38:51 AM

Bart seems to have moved under the hearth rug. He'd been playing under there the last couple weeks, knocking a toy under and chasing it, but the last couple nights he's fallen asleep in there.

Kinda funny coming home to a giant lump in the carpet...that purrs.

Cat show people: best just to ignore them. Or at least be happy they aren't doing that pageant shit to their kids or something.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #638 on: January 26, 2010, 05:57:16 PM

If I didn't know better, I would swear Lizzie knows how cute she is when she goes into her seal pup pose. She rolls onto her back and tucks her feet up and looks as fat as possible, and it totally reminds me of seal pups sunning themselves. I would take a picture, but the second you TOUCH a camera, she gets all excited and wants to see what that thing is. She is the nosiest damn cat ever.

We took her and Gilly on a field trip to a friend's house (cats love field trips, rite?), because they wanted to see us and they know we're reluctant to leave Gilly alone (although she's been doing great, so we really shouldn't be yet). Gilly spent the entire time under the couch, but Lizzie made herself completely at home. I think she actually liked the change of scene. Like I said, she's the nosiest damn cat ever.  Heart

God Save the Horn Players
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #639 on: January 26, 2010, 08:07:33 PM

I just bought a Drinkwell for my cats.  It's kinda noisy, but the flowing water has all the cats drinking a lot more.  Extra water is supposed to be pretty beneficial to cats, I hear.  Surprisingly, they haven't made a huge mess with it yet. 
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #640 on: January 26, 2010, 11:57:02 PM

Give them time. They're probably deciding on the best way to make such a mess yet ;)
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #641 on: February 10, 2010, 10:37:08 AM

I'll just leave this here then.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #642 on: February 10, 2010, 10:55:58 AM

No, no, I think you should put it somewhere else. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #643 on: February 10, 2010, 11:38:28 AM

That's wicked! Especially having a black cat, where the butthole is, shall we say....glaring.

Bart now has a pink scar on his nose. Doesn't seem bothered by it, best I can figure he sniffed an ember that popped out of the stove and burnt his nose.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #644 on: February 10, 2010, 11:46:09 AM

Do you mean wicked bad or wicked good?  I think it's awful.  It has to bother them, no?  Magenta is a black cat with a big butthole and it only annoys me when she insists on sticking it in my face as she's doing her circles before laying down or something. 

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #645 on: February 10, 2010, 11:50:39 AM

Wicked means good when not modified :)

Always makes me think of this:

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #646 on: February 10, 2010, 02:15:36 PM

Yes, wicked usually means good but I just couldn't imagine you wanting to cover up poor ole Bart's butthole!

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #647 on: February 12, 2010, 10:11:38 PM

We'd of been having Chinese food...
Paging Yegolev.

Facepalm

My cat that used to have seizures somehow crushed or cut one of his back toes.  I put some cream on it and later some peroxide.  Today I find him with his right eye all puffy such that he reminds me of Columbo a bit.  I guess he's going to be one of "those" cats.

Related, I have a racoon that tries to pretend he is a cat.  He competes with the opossum for cat food, but I daresay the opossum wants it more due to how he jams his whole head into the cat food dispenser.  We are down to one opossum from two since the big one could not figure out how to get out of the pool.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #648 on: February 13, 2010, 06:32:52 PM

We are down to one opossum from two since the big one could not figure out how to get out of the pool.

ACK!
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #649 on: February 13, 2010, 08:34:11 PM

Was your pool also filled with a giant flotilla of fleas? We had an opossum crawl into a vacant cat carrier and die in our backyard when I was in HS, when I found it, there was a virtual carpet of fleas around it. Pretty nasty, and I lived at the time in an area that still has a couple of cases of plague now and again (right by the Santa Monica Mountains in western LA County.)

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #650 on: February 14, 2010, 09:23:17 PM

And the thread just got fucking weird.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #651 on: February 14, 2010, 11:55:06 PM

Get back on track, thread.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #652 on: February 15, 2010, 09:59:22 AM

Opossums are just cats that lay eggs.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Mattemeo
Terracotta Army

Reply #653 on: February 15, 2010, 10:06:14 AM

Opossums are just cats that lay eggs.

wat  swamp poop

If you party with the Party Prince you get two complimentary after-dinner mints
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #654 on: February 15, 2010, 10:17:39 AM

I was joking. Ohhhhh, I see.  Marsupial not a monotreme.  More funny than racoon-cat comparison, also.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #655 on: February 15, 2010, 09:32:58 PM

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #656 on: February 16, 2010, 12:56:04 AM

Oh look, it's the nap train. awesome, for real

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #657 on: February 16, 2010, 07:11:29 AM

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #658 on: February 24, 2010, 05:55:15 AM

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #659 on: February 24, 2010, 08:53:33 AM

That looks pretty comfortable if you ignore the extended claws.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #660 on: February 24, 2010, 11:25:56 AM

I picked up my cats from a hotel they spent a few days in while I was on vacation. The hotel had given the cats a bath. A clean kitty is a happy master, cause they smell great! Warm ball of perfumy, purring fur in the face is a great way to wake up.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #661 on: February 24, 2010, 11:30:36 AM

Our FIP cat is hanging in there pretty well - she's gained weight and her blood tests all came back with good numbers. Doctor seemed very surprised about the weight gain in particular.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #662 on: February 24, 2010, 11:33:00 AM

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #663 on: February 24, 2010, 01:05:11 PM

Yep.

But I shall not evoke myself in name.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
rattran

Unreasonable

Reply #664 on: February 24, 2010, 07:06:03 PM

Girl I had lunch with today has a tuxedo cat, with one eye that's parti-colored, blue on one side of the pupil, green on the other. I'm going to try for a photo in the next few days. Seems the cat has some vision problems in the eye, making him skittish, but it looked neat.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 66 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Cat thread  
Jump to: