Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:52:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - for real 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blood Bowl - for real  (Read 253669 times)
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #455 on: July 15, 2009, 05:25:02 PM

Aez: I need to postpone tomorrow if possible. I'm having some wrongbad problems with my PC that I need to get sorted before I can play.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #456 on: July 15, 2009, 05:42:48 PM

Ok. Can't play Friday.  After that it's Saturday morning or Sunday.

Anyone found a way to remove the top corner match score (in the general menu interface)?  I swear it's fucking evil.  I have 17 win a 4 loss yet it always shows the loss, it's pissing me off.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #457 on: July 15, 2009, 06:04:17 PM

Cool. We'll shoot for same time tomorrow? Worst case I'm reinstalling Vista tonight (my sound has spazzed out into a popping thing which has slowed all my games to a crawl) so it won't linger past tonight.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #458 on: July 16, 2009, 04:04:10 AM

Oh snap. Forgot that I will be out of town for the weekend.  ACK!

Whoever my opponent is, do you habe time later today ?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

(I am in Germany)

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #459 on: July 16, 2009, 04:37:31 AM

Your opponent is Scadente (Krummi). Let's keep the thing going!

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #460 on: July 16, 2009, 09:04:11 AM

Looks like he is from "that island" , lets see if I can get hold of him tonight. GMT is only one hour of to germany.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #461 on: July 16, 2009, 02:06:05 PM

Seriously, Dwarves are bullshit at the start in a league.  Hella skills and good bashy statlines, I'm not sure how Orcs are supposed to compete with them.  I mean I can imagine slowing them down enough so that they don't score if I get some good blocks but how am I supposed to score on them exactly?  Tips would be appreciated.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #462 on: July 16, 2009, 02:34:17 PM

Honestly it seems early on some teams (Chaos and Lizardmen especially) suffer relative weakness. Dwarves and Elves are two of the stronger starting teams, Dwarves because of the plethora of bashy skills and Elves because their high AG mean you've got a whole team that play the passing game well. Early on I think you've got to accept you're outmatched somewhat by Dwarves and from what I can glean from more experienced coaches giving advice your best bet is just to try and avoid getting drawn into a massive bashing game involving your whole team. Try and keep the ball moving and hope they open up a gap or two you can run people through. Orcs aren't really suited for a passing game but you can outrun Dwarves so just try for that.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #463 on: July 16, 2009, 02:39:41 PM

Dwarves are supposed to be weak against long passes. Time to pull out that goblin catcher, outmanouver the dwarves faking/attempting a good caged run (orcs can definitely bury the ball if they so wish) and boom, go for the long pass when the goblin gets an opening. Orcs can pass well with the thrower/catcher combo. Protect and solwly push the ball while keeping your catcher(s) moving and have the dwarf cornerbacks worried for good reasons.

This is how I won a couple of games in beta, not a proven working tactics. Makes sense to me though.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #464 on: July 16, 2009, 02:41:21 PM

early on lizardmen and dwarves if played well are pretty comparable. Dwarves have way more skills but lizards have a ton of STR 4 guys so they throw more dice so its pretty even on blocks. Skinks are very quick so if you can pop a whole in the line they can score past dwarves fairly easily. Dwarves are one of those teams though that starts really tough and is kinda flat after that.

Lizards and chaos start with really good stats but no skills so once they start to acquire those skills they start to dominate.

Woodelves are just pretty nuts but its made up for by the fact in a league after a couple games your team is going to be dead or injured in very bad ways hehe.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #465 on: July 16, 2009, 03:02:47 PM

My last two games in SP have left my team with 3 stat debilitating injuries and 1 death. I'm not bothering to count the badly hurts and miss next game injuries either and that was (attempting) to play very cautiously. I also officially hate failing on 2+ dodges, especially when it's the first roll in a play and leaves the most of the rest of my team in bashy bashy range.

So yeah, Wood Elves don't like any kind of injury roll (the death came from failing a 2+ dodge roll vs. beastman on the last play of the match, sob)

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #466 on: July 16, 2009, 03:25:33 PM

Cool. We'll shoot for same time tomorrow? Worst case I'm reinstalling Vista tonight (my sound has spazzed out into a popping thing which has slowed all my games to a crawl) so it won't linger past tonight.

OK, hit me up on steam when you are ready.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #467 on: July 16, 2009, 05:40:44 PM

Going to have to postpone yet again. It's a hardware issue of some sort. Taking it to repair guy tomorrow. I know you're busy this weekend so it may have to wait until Monday.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #468 on: July 16, 2009, 07:32:37 PM

Going to have to postpone yet again. It's a hardware issue of some sort. Taking it to repair guy tomorrow. I know you're busy this weekend so it may have to wait until Monday.
I am out of town as well. No sign of my opponent before I went to bed.

See you all sunday evening.  awesome, for real

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #469 on: July 16, 2009, 09:07:18 PM

Just finished a league game v dwarves as orcs.

Fuck that shit.  He took a very vanilla team, fan factor of like 9 and mostly blockers.  No slayers, 1 runner and I think 2-3 blitzers.  First turn he causes 2 casualties after a fan throws a rock ko'ing one of my blitzers.  So for the first two turns I was down 3 players.  The game pretty much went like that.  He got the 10+ on armor roles at least 7 times.  Caused 3 injuries, only one injury was permanent (-1av to a blitzer, woo) but still was a really fucking weaksauce game.  Down two players versus a team with stupid stats and everybody has block + thick skull it was a slaughter.  Esp since I have 3 black orcs 2 throwers so its not even a max strength orc team and I was down a blitzer and black orc from turn one on.

I also manged to get two players sent off.  Foul roll w/ +4?  I get double 1's and sent off.  Fuck you very much game.  I failed another foul w/ double 3's and sent off again.  Managed to cause no injuries.  Meanwhile this fuck playing dwarves which btw are the lamest WH race of all time and always have been gets +18 SPP overall and gets his fucking runner to L2 in one game taking no injuries himself.  Also he's got a buddy in our division which means one of the games I've got a feeling will have much less risk of damaging his team. 

I'm pretty annoyed.  What a waste of 2 ninety minutes of my life, never stood any chance at all.  Fucking hate dwarves.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #470 on: July 16, 2009, 10:36:27 PM

On the upside, you took the defeat gracefully. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #471 on: July 17, 2009, 02:55:58 AM

awesome, for real

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #472 on: July 17, 2009, 04:10:13 AM

Fucking hate dwarves.

I haven't played this since beta but I played Blood Bowl years ago in a league.  I played dwarves due to the high armour value, considering they are slower you sorta have to focus on damaging the other team rather than play the ball.  High armour also means your players won't get hurt as much, which over a long league season, means they get gradually better at inflicting damage.  Very nasty.
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #473 on: July 17, 2009, 08:54:51 AM

On the upside, you took the defeat gracefully. 

If losing at Blood Bowl or getting fucked by the RNG gets you extremely hot and bothered this is really not the game for you. That's Blood Bowl.
Cadaverine
Terracotta Army

Reply #474 on: July 17, 2009, 05:55:24 PM

Yeah.  The RNG/Dice are right vindicative cocksuckers in Bloodbowl.   You can play the best game ever, and still get totally fucked by the dice.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
Scadente
Terracotta Army

Reply #475 on: July 18, 2009, 07:37:40 AM

I am out of town as well. No sign of my opponent before I went to bed.

See you all sunday evening.  awesome, for real

Sunday afternoon-evening is good for me!

I'm going away to Italy next week to get some sun on my "glow-in-the-dark"-body. But I'm good for Sunday, can you give me a time-frame Helm?

So the kids on the internet say that you're a big noise?
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #476 on: July 18, 2009, 07:42:17 AM

Aez, name a time. I can go Sunday night if you want. But on my wife's computer. :( My video card is slowly dying and the replacement won't be here for a week or so.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #477 on: July 18, 2009, 07:44:36 AM

Right now?
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #478 on: July 18, 2009, 11:39:38 AM

to Italy

Seriously? Don't do that, mate.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #479 on: July 18, 2009, 12:44:51 PM

Right now?

It is 2:43 Eastern right now. I need to hit the store. Want to give it a whirl this evening? 8:00 or so?
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #480 on: July 18, 2009, 05:32:48 PM

I'm about right now. On Steam
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #481 on: July 19, 2009, 05:17:37 AM

Timezones  awesome, for real

Me and IainC are postponing to tuesday.

What's up with the other two games?

Modern Angel vs. AeZ
Der Helm vs. Scadente

« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 05:25:55 AM by Falconeer »

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #482 on: July 19, 2009, 08:06:38 AM

Der Helm vs. Scadente
Back in town, but I have to sort some things out before I can concentrate on Blood Bowl again. Like writing a 5 page essay about "notions of madness in Shakespeare's plays".   why so serious?

Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #483 on: July 19, 2009, 08:15:23 AM

"Shakespeare was a Blood Bowl player". Done.

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #484 on: July 19, 2009, 09:08:54 AM

I managed to win a game where my opponent had nobody left on the field, he started the final drive with 2 players, elves versus humans.  That was strange and convinced me to never play as elves.

-William Gibson
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #485 on: July 19, 2009, 09:14:30 AM

Aez doesn't love me  swamp poop
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #486 on: July 19, 2009, 09:42:33 AM

You went offline as I was sending you a msg on steam...
Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #487 on: July 19, 2009, 10:25:59 AM

Dangit. Tonight? 8?
GenVec
Terracotta Army

Reply #488 on: July 19, 2009, 10:37:10 AM

I'm becoming convinced that this game is much, much too dependent upon the RNG. Luck dwarfs strategy to such a monumental degree that, assuming the players are even remotely matched in terms of skill, they might as well just flip a coin at the start of the match and decide the winner that way.

Or maybe i'm just bitter after seeing a blitzer throw a field-length pass to a lineman in the bottom of the sixteenth.
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #489 on: July 19, 2009, 11:14:51 AM

Dangit. Tonight? 8?

I think I'll come back too late.  I'm playing until 4 pm east today, hit me on steam if you are still here.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 11:26:29 AM by Aez »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Blood Bowl - for real  
Jump to: