Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 09:33:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1969133 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7210 on: May 12, 2010, 04:08:30 AM

The reluctance to have people stationed in EC- keeping the thing freed up was always a bit of a mystery to me. If they defended it like AAA does HED there would be no problems with it.

I dont know anything about the strategic situ (I havent been reading any Eve threads bar this one) biut it strikes me that this is the SCs emergency push. With PL ripping apart ITs belly in their home space they will have to go down and try and deal with them before PL decides to start dropping SBUs, which they will or worse someone else will. Without the numbers of of the otherwise incompetent IT, SC has no hope of taking NC, even though all IT can bring is raw numbers.

They threw every thing they had against one system, and if the results of their efforts is "fuck all", then that is a total kick in the teeth. Taking EC- would at least be SOMETHING they could point to.

Hic sunt dracones.
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7211 on: May 12, 2010, 04:17:32 AM

They knocked Sov out in one system in this push, KQK.

http://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/KQK1-2

MM lost sov on 11th May.

It's pretty isolated now that the push on H-W failed and I'd expect MM to re-establish sovereignty after some fighting.

EC- seems quiet just now. 3 ship kills in the last 3 hours, after 153 ship kills in the last 24. That suggests that Brick have stood down as when the camp's up they are always getting kills. (Last time I snuck through I saw a LODRA drake amble good-naturedly into it).
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #7212 on: May 12, 2010, 04:18:37 AM

I guess molle either thinks it's not going well enough (so he has to chestbeat some to drum up his troops), or it's going so well he can afford to chestbeat and NOT look like a complete turd in a few weeks.

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1316685&page=1#17

I'll give them the surprise attack on h-w has sort of worked, but time will show if he can capitalize on this, or whether or not the SC pilots have had their nose bloodied enough, or had enough of blackscreening, to drop participation.

As to the "everything they had against one system" bit, it didn't sound like it was everything, since they clearly managed to do stuff elsewhere as well, but I'm certainly taking the whole getting camped in bit as more of a morale boost for the NC (since we broke out so quickly, and took a few of their supercaps with us ... shame about the capfight welp, but can't win them all), and a morale loss for the SC since they weren't able to do the same thing to us as "we" did to BOB back in the day. I mean, they did camp us in for 12-14 hours in a row, but then we broke out. They camped us back in again around 1400-1500 or something evetime, and we broke back out again not that many hours later, and most importantly kept system control. So probably, the only reason they got the system in the first place, was the surprise attack with which they took it.

And the more we fight, the more I'm convinced that the more IT etc takes from us, the less progress they will make, so they literally has to try to break our morale through stunts like camping us into the station for days on end. If that doesn't work, then we're looking at a long haul for them. A very long haul.

I've since discovered new routes into 0,0 but it remains one of the best routes into NC space. If we lose it freighters have to come through low sec.
Do we even use freighters from empire? I was going to get my stuff JF'd in, as it's more or less risk free.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7213 on: May 12, 2010, 02:59:25 PM

Here's a perspective from the other side. Wensley flies with AAA.

So after a successful day on Monday it seems like we are now back to square one in H-W9TY. Despite winning control of the system we were unable to hold onto it an the Northern Coalition managed to get some serious numbers into the system. By the time our POSes were coming out of reinforced there were over 1600 people in local with the vast majority of them being hostiles. There was pretty much nothing we could do about it and it wasn’t long before the node crashed and gave up the ghost. After three hours of trying to log in (I gave up after one) the order was given to stand down and reform for another attempt today.

At least our allies were able to take advantage of the NC’s home defence effort to relieve them of sovereignty in 6GWE-A, E9KD-N, MI60-6, O-N8XZ, and C8-CHY as well as Ev0ke destroying the infrastructure hub in EC-P8R. So things could be far worse. Let’s see what we do next…

http://www.rifterdrifter.com/2010/05/back-to-square-one/
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7214 on: May 12, 2010, 03:23:13 PM

Sent: 2010.05.09 10:09
    To: The Maverick Navy,

WAKE UP EVERYONE.

A high-stakes offensive aimed at the heart of the NC has begun.

This operation, if successful, will change the game dramatically. I ask all of you to give us your best and try to stay active.

Those of you who were with us in ATLAS know what it means to fight around the clock – sometimes living in a POS for DAYS while in hostile space.

The siege of H-W9TY has begun. Let there be no doubt that this is the single most important fight yet in this campaign. If ever you are needed, it is now.

No more hesitation, no more small steps and no more boredom.

I will also say this… the chief architect of this plan was a member of our own corporation. Our pride demands that we make this work. Some have claimed -MVN- needs to step up and provide IT with strong leadership, and our time is now.

It is time to change the course of Eve history.

So when they claim that "taking H-W was never the main objective of the operation" on kugutsumen, they're lying. Shocker.

Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7215 on: May 12, 2010, 09:07:34 PM

Strategically taking your opponent's hub is the way to win. It's the King in a chess sense. When IT took Delve recently it wasn't simply not paying rent that prompted the collapse, it was the loss of the hubs at J-LP and NOL-M9 that turned an oopsie into a decisive defeat. People can't fight you off if they can't get their ships.

As long as alliances tell people to move their stuff to XXX system before a war this will continue to be the achilles heel.

And as I found out in my previous corp fighting from H-W with ships based in Torrinos (some 20 systems away) is just horribly not fun. You need a staging point or you'll have people bumbling around solo trying to reach the main fleet.

I don't think anyone would pay a price of It Takes Twenty Minutes Longer To Get Fleets Started in return for removal of this vulnerability. It's like Death Stars - you need a small exhaust port that leads straight down into your reactor core when you build a Death Star.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #7216 on: May 13, 2010, 05:35:18 AM

Fucking Angel rats. :smithicide:

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #7217 on: May 13, 2010, 05:56:58 AM

Big turkey shoot this morning as they tried to login at server up and get stuff out.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Terracotta Army

Reply #7218 on: May 13, 2010, 06:40:31 AM

So are Bob v3 going to take EC again and then hand it over to ISS......oh hang on......
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #7219 on: May 13, 2010, 09:36:23 AM

Big turkey shoot this morning as they tried to login at server up and get stuff out.

According to Atlas they weren't trying to get stuff out.  Molle looked at what he had, and at ehat the NC had, and decided to siege.

As a result he lost five supercaps and a lot of capitals.  This is to add to the couple of dozen or so capitals they lost over the previous day and a bit.  Who is even counting by now?  The fact that they lost so many in a series of stupid decisions by IT will be the issue.

As someone on Kugu said, however, three of the supercarriers lost were BDCI, so Molle is unlikely to be terribly upset.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7220 on: May 13, 2010, 09:39:31 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Mollie is the best asset/ally NC and the Goons have ever had.

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #7221 on: May 13, 2010, 12:12:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/v/ctZ0T-QsR98&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xd0d0d0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1

Nice work, Dreddits.

By the way, Dreddit are joining us (Goons), OEG and Cursed alliance in an attack on Atlas renters in the south.  With OEG there already, Arsed and the remains of Igne joining Dreddit, and Pulsar making up half of Cursed Alliance, that means that pretty much the whole gang is back together again.

This attack grew out of a series of convos I had with various people in Eve.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #7222 on: May 13, 2010, 12:21:16 PM

If you're one of those people who says "I don't play Eve, I play Goonswarm LODRA" then I guess you've won.
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7223 on: May 13, 2010, 01:11:13 PM

If you're one of those people who says "I don't play Eve, I play Goonswarm LODRA" then I guess you've won.

Seems Endie's doing a lot to help Goons find the fun in Eve, between the newbee guide and this assault on Atlas. Nice to see them on their way back even if they're still silly for not letting me join.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #7224 on: May 13, 2010, 01:15:32 PM

By the way, Dreddit are joining us (Goons), OEG and Cursed alliance in an attack on Atlas renters in the south.  With OEG there already, Arsed and the remains of Igne joining Dreddit, and Pulsar making up half of Cursed Alliance, that means that pretty much the whole gang is back together again.

See you on the battlefield.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #7225 on: May 13, 2010, 01:40:33 PM

See you on the battlefield.

Where's my :twisted:s?

Twitter - Endieposts

tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7226 on: May 13, 2010, 01:47:28 PM

Edit: nevermind. Looks like they've got some sort of hotlinking thingie going. Ignore.

To make up for that, here's some finfleet tears from h-w local:

[00:26:54] Cao Cao > I'm sorry, but when the "shit up the system with as many guys as possible until the node crashes" tactic counts as being able to "defend" give me a call
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 05:35:51 PM by tgr »

Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #7227 on: May 14, 2010, 02:25:38 AM

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7228 on: May 14, 2010, 06:52:38 AM

Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #7229 on: May 14, 2010, 07:58:00 AM

Dreddit/TEST is off to a fast start.

Map Delve    Constellation YX-LYK    Map ZA9-PY    -0.80    G6    Test Alliance Please Ignore    B0RT    0         5    48

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #7230 on: May 14, 2010, 08:34:09 AM

I see the Atlas rental document we had has leaked to kugu now.  You should look it up and see what Consortium"." is skimming ;)

Twitter - Endieposts

palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #7231 on: May 14, 2010, 09:12:35 AM

I see the Atlas rental document we had has leaked to kugu now.  You should look it up and see what Consortium"." is skimming ;)

You'll need to post a link. I hope it's a lot though (is it a lot?)
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #7232 on: May 14, 2010, 04:10:26 PM

I am on a suas op.  It's all flooding back  Heart

Twitter - Endieposts

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #7233 on: May 14, 2010, 04:22:28 PM

Didn't Avalloc sell all of Suas' characters a few months ago?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #7234 on: May 14, 2010, 04:33:03 PM

Didn't Avalloc sell all of Suas' characters a few months ago?

Yes and no, but he could turn up on a newbie alt and there would still be 50 people in here at less than 20 mins notice.

Twitter - Endieposts

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7235 on: May 14, 2010, 10:01:36 PM

Wait, as in Suas specops-I-stole-the-goon-his-titan is back??

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #7236 on: May 15, 2010, 02:26:17 AM

I demand new suas songs
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #7237 on: May 15, 2010, 04:37:55 AM

The very same.  Remember, he gave it back a while ago.

I demand new suas songs

I left at 2am when he was almost incomprehensibly drunk, but he'd been doing some hilarious Flight of the Conchords stuff.

I was genuinely nervous about fucking up on an op for the first time in about four years: it was awesome.  At one point I was four jumps behind and he was all "Raphael faggotname is a faggot we're leaving fuck him, Raphael you had better catch up because if you die I am going to kill you".  Brilliant, natural, charismatic man management skills that entertains everyone, tells you you've done something wrong but makes you feel he gives a shit in a non-gay way.  I was basically taking notes.

At another point, we went to IT's staging system, X-&, with 100+ hostiles in local.  He jumped into the system with half a dozen people to start a fight, warped them to the station and said "OK, I'm going for a smoke.  I'll be gone for two minutes so keep me alive or I'll fucking hunt you down individually and kill you," then promptly disappeared.  He had little or no clue about dozens of game mechanics but it was fucking fun.

Twitter - Endieposts

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7238 on: May 15, 2010, 09:39:42 AM

His Titan was returned by a GM- that's why it came back docked in NOL station when it was given back (I was in the fleet when it undocked and we got all got ordered to clear the exit because of it). I didn't think he had much choice in the matter.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #7239 on: May 15, 2010, 11:10:22 AM

I wonder what a titan looks like in-station as in does it go through the hangar walls because its so big?
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #7240 on: May 15, 2010, 11:27:01 AM

Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #7241 on: May 15, 2010, 01:06:47 PM

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #7242 on: May 15, 2010, 07:14:06 PM

His Titan was returned by a GM- that's why it came back docked in NOL station when it was given back (I was in the fleet when it undocked and we got all got ordered to clear the exit because of it). I didn't think he had much choice in the matter.

Run us through the scenarios where you think that A GM in Eve would return stolen goods without the permission of the thief, but the thief would be allowed to keep his accounts?

Twitter - Endieposts

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #7243 on: May 15, 2010, 07:34:26 PM

That was the story I remember as well, that the petition was resolved with the return of the titan.  Then a few months later Avolloc was auctioning off KIA Tolon, Suas and his other characters on goonfleet.com.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7244 on: May 15, 2010, 11:56:32 PM

Run us through the scenarios where you think that A GM in Eve would return stolen goods without the permission of the thief, but the thief would be allowed to keep his accounts?

I always thought the account was banned- CCP defiantly gave the Titan to someone else then who undocked with it from NOL station. If the account was not banned, I can't explain why CCP would give anyone else the Titan instead. Sounds like DevHax.

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: