Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 12:19:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1969626 times)
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #6195 on: October 28, 2009, 01:31:43 PM

unless AAA, ROL and ATLAS invade providence to support UK and everyone else counter-invades.

I would imagine half of them would want to defend CVA until they are back on their feat if it was a Hargoth style disband so they can go back to shooting each other.  swamp poop

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #6196 on: October 28, 2009, 01:38:41 PM

Seems like they were Bobbed. There's a corp called Curatores Veritates Alliance now. CVA claim a director's account was "hacked", but you know. That's rarely the case.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6197 on: October 28, 2009, 01:55:01 PM

I'd say -A- is more likely to kick anyone who wants to take advantage of this situation and helps CVA, but that's just my impression.

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #6198 on: October 28, 2009, 02:32:17 PM

*** Breaking News ***
Curatores Veritatis Alliance got disbanded today. So far no public details (except lots of "WTF lolz?!" of course)

That's intense they got scammed by CVA? Need to know moar that's dramalicous.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6199 on: October 28, 2009, 02:45:53 PM

Ouch. Well I'm sure they will be fine in the long term. Unlike BOB; (a) CVA can actually somewhat fight (b) people actually like them.

In just for completion news, Goons are busy clearing out towers dropped by enemies dirung the Invasion. Notably one ROL mining tower was not stronted and immediately destroyed and a Klingon tower went offline the second it came out of reinforced. All Roma towers are dead, and the lost 2 freighters carrier a lot of fuel and stuff and 10 more towers. Baring something unforeseen the spring cleaning should be finished off by tonight or tomorrow.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 02:50:13 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6200 on: October 28, 2009, 03:40:59 PM

I'd say -A- is more likely to kick anyone who wants to take advantage of this situation and helps CVA, but that's just my impression.

That's certainly what I've been saying on well-known internet spaceship website goonfleet dot com.  AAA would rather have a strategically stable, unthreatening but fight-providing CVA bloc to their north than someone who might just take a fancy to HED, and ET has stated previously that he would actively defend CVA if they were invaded by certain parties.  But if CVA flounder at all don't you think that AAA would be in there like a shot, possibly through a proxy?

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6201 on: October 28, 2009, 03:58:35 PM

Actually Endie.. no. Looking at the -A- forum thread we've got 90% of members stating that we'd help CVA. Yes, it's great to have non-threatening neighbors who are always good for some roaming warfare, but at the end of the day we simply *like* Hardin and his guys, and this is just the wrong way to go under.

Or to quote Virt:

and

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6202 on: October 28, 2009, 04:11:16 PM

I'm not surprised at that, and I didn't mean that AAA would happily take advantage of the current situation. I meant that if CVA reacted poorly and were unable to retrieve the situation (say due to internal factionalism or some other element that drew in a predatory outsider): AAA will not tolerate an aggressive power filling a vaccuum to the north and threatening HED.  So long as CVA look capable of recovering, however, I'm not surprised that there is a fondness for them from the south.  It's not as if AAA suddenly can invade them but that they couldn't have taken Providence at any point in the last 18 months, after all.

Anyway where's pezzle when he's needed ffs?

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6203 on: October 28, 2009, 06:04:17 PM

I think there's something funny about an alliance being disbanded when one of its top people is known for his service of creating new alliances.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #6204 on: October 28, 2009, 09:17:38 PM

The real question is, are they RPing through this or not?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #6205 on: October 28, 2009, 09:53:03 PM

Sorry everyone, no feeding the rumor mill from me.  Nice to see some of the good will.  I may have something to say on the subject tomorrow. 
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6206 on: October 28, 2009, 09:59:18 PM

The disbanding hasn't decreased their response time at all.  I was just in a small roaming gang that ended up in Providence and we got our asses thoroughly handed to us.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #6207 on: October 28, 2009, 11:57:34 PM

The disbanding hasn't decreased their response time at all.  I was just in a small roaming gang that ended up in Providence and we got our asses thoroughly handed to us.
The citadel has always been effective and always will be
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #6208 on: October 29, 2009, 05:46:51 AM

CCP restores CVA from tape.
Quote from: Hardin
I can confirm that CVA lives again... possibility of some issues with the restore (i.e. we only seem to have existed one day) but in general everything looks like it should.
Yes it was a hack. That was confirmed by CCP who took the appropriate action albeit much more swiftly than I (and many in the alliance) expected. So our gratitude to them for getting on the case so quickly!
We will make a more detailed comment on this whole 'event' at some point in the near future but I would just like to reiterate my thanks to all who 'supported' us in this - often from unusual/unlikely directions.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 05:52:50 AM by lac »
rand
Terracotta Army

Reply #6209 on: October 29, 2009, 11:03:53 PM

That's what I meant, Murgos -- Endie's summary is even way more convoluted than anything I heard. I don't know of many other entities with the amount of internal politics that GS has, and yet they remain stable. Love it.

most of the 'politics' is just people trolling each other
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #6210 on: October 30, 2009, 01:40:07 AM

Isn't that pretty much the definition of politics, though?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6211 on: October 30, 2009, 03:40:13 AM

That's what I meant, Murgos -- Endie's summary is even way more convoluted than anything I heard. I don't know of many other entities with the amount of internal politics that GS has, and yet they remain stable. Love it.

most of the 'politics' is just people trolling each other

Like Simond says, what we call trolling, others call politics.  Add to which the fact that the actual scope of GS politics is many times larger and more complex than what I actually posted.  GS is a huge fucking series of compromises between groups many of whom like to think that they are alien to each other (they're kidding themselves): purists, pragmatists and pubbies, jews, jihadists, loyalists and more.

Twitter - Endieposts

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6212 on: October 31, 2009, 03:39:37 PM

Inspiring new post from the Great Milenko!

Edit: Word on the street is that IT Alliance is planning a major capital op early tomorrow morning/late this night(US) while most patriotic Americans will be out attempting to score with Sexy Nurses and Sexy Pirates.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 04:07:00 PM by Phildo »
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #6213 on: November 01, 2009, 12:43:00 PM

Grats to CVA for finding the only thing CCP seems to keep logs on.

Witty banter not included.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6214 on: November 02, 2009, 03:45:25 AM

Molle's Juggalos reinforced 14 or 17 (opinions vary!) lowsec R64 towers in an attempt to garner some pre-Dominion cash with which to fund their invasion plans.  The towers were timed pretty well in the main, and Molle failed to take the first four towers last night, only amassing less than 100 in his fleet despite his much vaunted round-the-clock timezone coverage.

There are two towers tonight which should be a different matter, belonging to Pandemic Legion and their allies Sons of Tangra.  They come out slap-bang in the sweet-spot of euro-time, and Molle must know that he simply has to take them.  Given that it will take excellent numbers on his part to do so, it'll be revealing to see who else turns up to help him.  Assuming that the rush of enthusiasm of a new alliance and the ennui afflicting others allows him to do so, however, the question will be whether he can succeed in making money out of them.  Taking only two towers leaves them vulnerable to being reinforced for about 3/4 of the time, even if they are well-timed on each occasion.  And reinforced towers don't produce any income.

It's interesting that Molle thought that PL towers were the right ones to attack, rather than Goon ones.  Perhaps he sees Pandemic Legion - whose numbers are more limited and whose activity levels have been low recently - as some sort of weak link.  Or perhaps he thinks that the NC won't temporarily suspend hostilities in order to turn up and help out.  I suspect that PL will turn out now that there is a chance of a fight.  And I also don't think Molle understands the dynamic involved in the NC/PL relationship, which is neither "fake reset" nor mutual hatred.

All in all, it reminds me a little of the situation faced by Requiem fourteen or fifteen months ago: a PvP-oriented base, good numbers and the ability to deploy excellent capital resources, but unable to bring themselves to pick on an easy and isolated target immediately to build a tradition of success, while admittedly facing the chance that that "easy and isolated" target might get backing from substantial numbers of hostiles.

Twitter - Endieposts

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6215 on: November 02, 2009, 06:35:11 AM

I was in the fleet fight between the Goonswarm fleet vs the 100 man Clown fleet. They started outnumbering us 2 to 1, but swapped out of battleships for HACs and Battlecruisers instead.

We jumped into their syndicate gate camp with a BS heavy fleet. I learnt a lesson- don't warp to planet 1 at 0, because unlike more...competent enemies, Clown's make the same mistake...and a lot more of them had made the mistake than the GS fleet. I ended up being the only HAC to die on our side moments before the GS FC dropped our BS onto the same location and killed another half dozen HAC's to go with the dead ones at the gate.

The clown fleet ran off to hide in a POS next door. In an uncanny echo of the great war, the old-BoB pilots refused to give the POS password to the old-BoB pets who then died outside the shields.

I'm going to miss the big fights tonight. Personally I'd say PL is the best target for Molle. Losing Fountain and allowing PL to build up from it's wealth was one of his strategic mistakes, and I don't think the NC will bother to deploy caps to protect them.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #6216 on: November 02, 2009, 10:24:07 AM

Who are the pets?
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6217 on: November 02, 2009, 11:15:29 AM

Assuming that the rush of enthusiasm of a new alliance and the ennui afflicting others allows him to do so, however, the question will be whether he can succeed in making money out of them.  Taking only two towers leaves them vulnerable to being reinforced for about 3/4 of the time, even if they are well-timed on each occasion.  And reinforced towers don't produce any income.

IT has been trying to take moons for the past month or so and failing pretty constantly at it. That alone would burn out the "New Alliance" enthusiasm. Plus I believe their vaunted k/d ratio is hovering in the low 50% range, so they cant even jerk off about killboard stats

Hic sunt dracones.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6218 on: November 02, 2009, 02:07:03 PM

I'm going to miss the big fights tonight. Personally I'd say PL is the best target for Molle. Losing Fountain and allowing PL to build up from it's wealth was one of his strategic mistakes, and I don't think the NC will bother to deploy caps to protect them.

So much for that Melbourne Cup horse race prediction. RZR+PL+GS/ZAF/Rebellion showed up, Ities (edit- the popualr WW2 Commonwealth slang for the Italian Army seems the best one) took one look and turned away. RZR shot ZAF and Rebellion.

In other news, ATLAS allegedly reset IT after IT stole one of ATLAS's corp's. Bobby Atlas seems to have come the point of knowing IT needs ATLAS a lot more than ATLAS needs IT (so long as AAA stays friendly).  
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 03:02:10 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6219 on: November 02, 2009, 02:41:25 PM

IT has been trying to take moons for the past month or so and failing pretty constantly at it. That alone would burn out the "New Alliance" enthusiasm. Plus I believe their vaunted k/d ratio is hovering in the low 50% range, so they cant even jerk off about killboard stats

They've a bit more than doubled in size since they last did their attempted tower-grab, actually.

In other news, ATLAS allegedly reset IT after IT stole one of ATLAS's corp's. Bobby Atlas seems to have come the point of knowing IT needs ATLAS a lot more than ATLAS needs IT (so long as AAA stays friendly). 

The Maverick Navy - who a bunch of people here flew with in Catch when we tried to dig IAC out of their hole a couple of years ago - are the corp involved.  Personally, I think that they are dumb (they're not what they used to be: they were awful in Delve II and Period Basis).  They are foolish for swapping Atlas, who are established now in 0.0, and who have proven their cohesiveness under what I've admitted before is a talented leader, for Molle's latest vanity project, who are utterly dependent on the people who let them down before if they are to have any chance of achieving anything of note.

Twitter - Endieposts

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #6220 on: November 02, 2009, 04:09:49 PM

My not awaited wrap up of last week is finally here!

Last week when lurking on our forum I saw the announcement about CVA being disbanded.  Naturally one of the first things you think is a spy, but that was quickly rejected as most probable.  The account was no doubt locked down by the time I saw the announcement.  If you want to wrecking hit you pull that type of stunt closer to downtime I suppose.  Upon logging in we still had sov and the towers were ok.  There was no invasion happening.  Actually it was fairly quiet.  As the uninformed trickled in they would be briefed and pointed to proper channels.  The populace was calm while waiting on results of the petition(s).  While there was a bit of scrambling here and there, members seemed to do what needed to be done.  It sucked but you continue on.  We had another Alliance formed if needed.  Keep everyone calm and working.  Within two hours of my finding out we had a favorable response from CCP.

The response time was impressive.  Perhaps after the fiasco with BoB CCP realized they really needed a strategy and protocol for such events?  Imagine if the BoB thing was a random hack and it took a week for proper response?  Now, my guess is everything went smoothly in our case.  The account owner was available and contacted quickly.  The logs must have shown CCP investigators clear enough evidence.  Over downtime we were restored, more or less.  I do not know about assets and it does look like our Alliance is new, oh well. 

New topic.  Hey Endie?  Who exactly do you think IT should attack as an easy and isolated target in 0.0?  I can agree with the strategy, but the target should be?
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6221 on: November 02, 2009, 04:33:13 PM

I've been thinking about that-

Drone Regions- unfriendly to their neighbours (NC to the west, ATLAS to the south).  Long way from PL or Goons. Built up infrastructure. Easy access to empire.  

NC- Ah, someone who knows the local lingo help me here.

PL- despite today's events, NC won't help in a long non-cap war. Goons would help, but not care. Only possible if IT dosn't deploy caps and attempts a long game. Fountain (SoT) however is vulnerable to IT the same way it was to PL originally. Very good jump off to Delve later. Basing his navy in Syndicate and continentally attacking PL low-sec moongold indicates this is the current most favoured option by Molle.

Delve- NC/PL come help (and cause lots of standing issues). Goons re-energised. Fortress Delve. NPC space only useful if AAA/ROL/Tri/Stainwagon helps, and hard to stop it ending the same way as Delve War II did. Rebellion in Querious are vulnerable but impossible to take without Delve first.  

CVA - everyone on the map joins forces. Many many many 3 way and 4 way fights. Much hilarity. IT fleet wiped out within 3 hours of deployment. Everyone else dosn't notice for a week.

AAA- AAA has both ROL and Stainwagon backing them up, and after today's events, probably ATLAS as well. NC/Goons/PL don't interfere though (except to shoot both sides but would be content to watch). AAA re-energised. IT up against it, but it puts them well placed to attack Delve later.

ROL- Impossible unless AAA dies first, in which case ROL collapses from lack of supply line without a fight. Probably reach an accommodation with Molle if it comes to that.

Stainwagon- See ROL.

ATLAS- Goons/NC/PL not going to intervene. Depends on AAA. If ET dosn't care for BA, an even match, with the attacker having the advantage (and with AAA's history of "support" for their allies as Molle well knows, AAA still might not make a large difference). Strangely, ROL is more likely to support ATLAS than AAA is. Winning over ATLAS dosn't provide much of a home though, and AAA would be hostile making any move towards Delve later impossible.

So, from my point of view, it goes Drone Regions, ATLAS, PL. If Molle can reach an accommodation with Evil Thug that IT won't threaten AAA or ROL, ATLAS becomes the number 1.  Right now I'd say his target is Fountain, but I'd say his best chance of success is the Drone regions.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 04:37:55 PM by Comstar »

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6222 on: November 02, 2009, 04:44:23 PM

Almost all of those are too ambitious. Some are surreal: if you posit a dead AAA then eve is utterly changed, and you don't attack atlas and create yet another red. Not least since atlas would win.

I would swallow my pride and attack someone obscure in UNL's old space that borders AAA. The locals are neutral to AAA and Atlas, I believe. Curse is nearby for basing out of npc 0.0.

After that, I'd consider Scalding Pass. That would be easier if they'd not just pissed in Atlas's cheerios, but I believe that a decent diplomat (not scarlet or molle, for instance) could cut a deal. Atlas are formally neutral there, I believe, and while tri might fuck around a bit, they'd not do much, I believe.

Finally, there is Geminate. But that might provoke the combined drone russians with help from goonfleet, so is a long shot.

Twitter - Endieposts

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6223 on: November 02, 2009, 05:07:07 PM

The Maverick Navy is going to fit in well with IT, I'm not surprised by this at all.  Plus it gives them the opportunity to shoot at both Goons AND -A-, at whom they're still sore for killing IAC.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6224 on: November 02, 2009, 05:16:15 PM

Nobody really likes IT, although I'd find it more interesting if this really turned into PL vs IT rather than the whole armada listed above. The reset from Atlas (and -A-, afaik) should provide the framework for this, now it's up to PL. Probably the only positive factor for Molle's boys is that most players in the Southern Coalition really, really would like to see PL die a slow and painful death, and that incentive might be strong enough to keep supporting IT. Not for me to decide, anyways.

Edit: On second thought, postings like this from BOB are sure not going to help their case...

As far as -A- reseting IT, it only goes to prove my point that -A- want no challenges and they had no real intention of helping us in the past or if we needed it now, they are only interested in NPCing: aka shooting CVA. They want a punching bag real close so they have no excuse to go out and do something that is actually challenging.

WE got more in common with PL and goons than any of these fuckwads.

« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 05:22:34 PM by setar »

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6225 on: November 02, 2009, 05:38:03 PM

Equally entertaining for me is that Red Army Alliance has apparently reset -A-.

Thread.
rand
Terracotta Army

Reply #6226 on: November 02, 2009, 06:19:38 PM

Nobody really likes IT, although I'd find it more interesting if this really turned into PL vs IT rather than the whole armada listed above. The reset from Atlas (and -A-, afaik) should provide the framework for this, now it's up to PL. Probably the only positive factor for Molle's boys is that most players in the Southern Coalition really, really would like to see PL die a slow and painful death, and that incentive might be strong enough to keep supporting IT. Not for me to decide, anyways.

Edit: On second thought, postings like this from BOB are sure not going to help their case...

As far as -A- reseting IT, it only goes to prove my point that -A- want no challenges and they had no real intention of helping us in the past or if we needed it now, they are only interested in NPCing: aka shooting CVA. They want a punching bag real close so they have no excuse to go out and do something that is actually challenging.

WE got more in common with PL and goons than any of these fuckwads.

this whole reset thing honestly sounds like a troll to keep the delve II coalition from potentially reforming to allow the southern fags to pick off goons by themselves.

1v1 honoureable alliance v alliance duel at p4 no reppers is a) retarded in itself, who cares about bringing overwhelming force and b) would carry more weight if IT's numbers didn't completely eclipse PL.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6227 on: November 02, 2009, 06:47:31 PM

Not a troll to the best of my knowledge. And please, please, no numbers argument. Or I need to start counting SoT. And all pets on all sides. Ack.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6228 on: November 02, 2009, 07:07:13 PM

Almost all of those are too ambitious. Some are surreal: if you posit a dead AAA then eve is utterly changed, and you don't attack atlas and create yet another red. Not least since atlas would win.

I would swallow my pride and attack someone obscure in UNL's old space that borders AAA. The locals are neutral to AAA and Atlas, I believe. Curse is nearby for basing out of npc 0.0.

After that, I'd consider Scalding Pass. That would be easier if they'd not just pissed in Atlas's cheerios, but I believe that a decent diplomat (not scarlet or molle, for instance) could cut a deal. Atlas are formally neutral there, I believe, and while tri might fuck around a bit, they'd not do much, I believe.

Finally, there is Geminate. But that might provoke the combined drone russians with help from goonfleet, so is a long shot.

I agree with this. I would take my numbers as encouraging but I would regard a shakedown campaign, to gain some some space and income, as necessary. A lot of the guys would be new to one another and I would regard tanking on a smaller power as testing out and shaking out my forces, getting people to learn to work together, finding who works well with who etc. Even if we didn't intend to stay there long term, taking on "easy" space far from our enemies would do nothing but good. Going straight for the moons in Aradia would be the last thing I would do.

Unfortunately the guys we are talking about have completely self destructive egos. Mollie doesn't want to start again. He wants a smashing campaign that proves to all the world that he is the best, that Delve I and II were a fluke, and he can get back to the best space in the game that he deserves, and he is really leader of the end game alliance. And he wants it now. He does not want to be the Dick Dasterdly of EVE, which frankly he is.

If he has ballooned his alliance up by double the numbers in two weeks (I didn't realize that, thanks Endie), he has really puffed up a bubble that needs success or its going to burst.

Speaking of which. the "Big Fight" tonight was apparently IT turning up, going  ACK! ACK! ACK! at actual opposition and running like hell. Those were the best timers they had after a weekend of siegeing.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 07:24:36 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6229 on: November 02, 2009, 07:12:29 PM

<X's his calendar for agreeing wholeheartedly with Sir T>

Pretty much in-line with the BDCI assessment. We made the same mistake, and back then PL was weaker (at least financially) and didn't have the number of allies to call on as they do now. This seems like a trainwreck waiting to happen, although now at least IT can play the 'we have been outblobbed' card.

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: