Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:49:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1968944 times)
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5740 on: July 21, 2009, 03:31:42 PM

No capitals on the mail either.

Hic sunt dracones.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #5741 on: July 21, 2009, 03:42:37 PM

No capitals on the mail either.
Not very well fitted for a Titan, either (no officer modules, only a few T2-equivalent faction mods, and T1 drones).  50B for the ship, less than 3B for fitting (more than half on the DDD and the Jump Portal).  That's like a BS with generic T1 guns.  Fail.

--Dave
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 03:45:22 PM by MahrinSkel »

--Signature Unclear
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #5742 on: July 21, 2009, 04:17:06 PM

But instead of spending 60B on officer fittings he can now just buy another poorly fit Titan instead.  awesome, for real

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #5743 on: July 21, 2009, 04:22:02 PM

We need a new E-Peen ship, Titans just aren't cutting it anymore.

Next Super Capital, Unicron Class.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #5744 on: July 21, 2009, 05:29:16 PM

There seems to be a bit of Ruskie involvement up north atm.

You got Razor assaulting Solar Fleet territory in the Northern drone regions.
You got Morsus Mihi fending off Red OverLord, Stain Empire (Xenobytes), AAA folk and ERR0R gangs in Tribute etc.
You got Tau Ceti Federation battling White Noise and co in Venal.

Is this basically a Russian version of MAX?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5745 on: July 22, 2009, 01:52:30 AM

Is the attack on morsus mihi something that started overnight? Because Imperian was telling us what they were planning on the gf boards just yesterday afternoon and it was rather different.

Also, remember that razor went to fight solar, not the other way round.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Trigona
Terracotta Army

Reply #5746 on: July 22, 2009, 05:04:07 AM

ROL are based in the low sec systems adjacent to Tribute such as Taisy.  The thought is that they would prefer to keep us occupied there than in their own systems.   They've been good fun, sometimes using Drakes that when insured cost them stuff all to lose, against our expensive to lose T2 ships.  In term of k/d they've done ok, but they are less of an irritant than Tri, to give you some idea of their essential insignificance

The good thing is that there is no pos bullshit and it gives our M-O campers something to do.

However any1 who thinks that this is actually affecting MM is sadly mistaken and we are about to launch a road trip down to where we can find some decent targets.  No pos stuff just roaming gangs relocated close to the action.  RAWR   RAWR  RAWR
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5747 on: July 22, 2009, 05:11:53 AM

Is the attack on morsus mihi something that started overnight? Because Imperian was telling us what they were planning on the gf boards just yesterday afternoon and it was rather different.

They's also given up on that campaign after only one week as it turned out that they were completely unprepared -- both from the logistical and strategic point of view -- and seem to have underestimated Solar. On the plus side RAZOR did not call in the remaining NC just yet to bail them out.

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5748 on: July 22, 2009, 05:26:55 AM

Sc0rched Earth have so far lost 71 ships and killed 8 today this is a typical day.  This month they have these stats: "933 Ships killed (22.72B ISK) 2426 Ships lost (54.47B ISK)".  That is padded in their favour by some fleet actions where a few members of Hobo and Ifuse tagged along in big fleet fights with other alliances and got on lots of kills.  They rely on imports for virtually all their ships, and their jump midpoint had to be shut down due to PL ganking everything that jumped in.  Their forums are now in Lotka.org mode, with

All that would be bad enough, but Bobby Atlas looks like throwing them under a bus.  Loyal ally that he is, he stated on CAOD that "aggro imploded by its own internal failings, as it appears may be the path for scorched."  Nice.  Everyone knows how fast Bobby is to look for an excuse to reset people, so Scorched had better do well with their part of the defence of the AAA R64 that comes out tomorrow evening.  That said, they haven't even bothered to post an op for it yet, and their last Euro TZ mandatory CTA got 41 people out of 2000 alliance members.  The head of the alliance (fourth in a month) came into their alliance chat and said "everyone in fleet no excuses", and alliance chat dropped from 194 to 157 in two minutes with people logging off.  The other 3/4 just ignored him.

They's also given up on that campaign after only one week as it turned out that they were completely unprepared -- both from the logistical and strategic point of view -- and seem to have underestimated Solar. On the plus side RAZOR did not call in the remaining NC just yet to bail them out.

Yep, the description from one NC pilot was something like that fighting Solar was "like Vietnam but less fun."

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #5749 on: July 22, 2009, 07:45:49 AM

I did say 'assaulting' and not 'defending'  Ohhhhh, I see.

I always thought the NC (Razor) was attacking Solar because

a) It used to be Mostly Harmless/IRON/Guardian Federation territory that SOLAR took over.
b) They wanted to put some current NC members there that don't hold much or any space like Majesta Empire, Circle of Two and Stella Polaris (although do Stella still exist?).
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5750 on: July 22, 2009, 08:12:28 AM

b) They wanted to put some current NC members there that don't hold much or any space like Majesta Empire, Circle of Two and Stella Polaris (although do Stella still exist?).

I was surprised to find that they are still around, actually.  They're a full-stop alliance like Aggression., though, so it's hard to take them too seriously: http://evemaps.dotlan.net/alliance/Stella_Polaris.

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5751 on: July 22, 2009, 03:14:20 PM

Oh on the "how bad are/were the Atlas coalition so far?" thread I know that K/D ratios are a source of nothing but trouble but the F13 stats, which are on a feed from the GF kb and are therefore API linked to avoid naught people not posting losses, currently sit for July at:

289 Ships killed (85.71B ISK)
8 Ships lost (0.09B ISK)

The two campaigns we have running (against CoW/Minor Threat and against Sc0rched Earth) are at 99.9% and 100% efficiency so far (since June).  Obviously those will even out a bit but Sc0rched Earth are losing three ships for every one they kill this month so it can only even out so much.  And a very large proportion of that is from small-gang stuff, not fleet fights.

Twitter - Endieposts

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #5752 on: July 22, 2009, 04:36:37 PM

With the majority of ISK lost being tied up in your Rokh I assume?

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5753 on: July 22, 2009, 05:02:42 PM

Neither my kills nor losses (don't forget the rifter) are included in that, as I'm usually flying my gf characters.

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5754 on: July 22, 2009, 06:06:42 PM

I have had the most expensive loss for july at 151 mill fyi

Hic sunt dracones.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #5755 on: July 23, 2009, 01:43:22 AM

That's a lot of Rifters!  Ohhhhh, I see.

Can any of these little powers your currently stomping all over even pretend to be a serious threat against any of the Big Boys left?

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5756 on: July 23, 2009, 02:39:10 AM

That's a lot of Rifters!  Ohhhhh, I see.

Can any of these little powers your currently stomping all over even pretend to be a serious threat against any of the Big Boys left?

Well, remember that when we started the campaign you had an aligned bloc of Atlas, IRC, ED, Aggro, Sc0rched, CoW, Minor Threat, -V- and someone else that I forget.  Bobby is doing his usual revisionist stuff about "loose arrangements" and "defence pacts", but that was fourteen or fifteen thousand pilots crowing about how goons were worried and RA were dying.  I'm not even counting the Russians in there, but AAA were blue to the key members there, andd like Stain and ROL were neutral to the rest with an understanding that they would help out if needed, and so on.

I'm not criticising allied blocs: Goons are part of a confederation which is almost as big as that of our enemies.  But suggesting that we're doing a Bob and just picking on little alliances is wrong.  We're trying to fight a large coalition which borders us and which attacked our oldest allies.  And just because, say, CoW are on the ropes now doesn't discount the fact that they had forty more dreads and another titan when we started on them.

It's not our fault that every time we attack part of that bloc Bobby Atlas cynically abandons them at the first sign of risk.  Eve is about choosing allies wisely, a mistake we made too, after all, with AAA.

Anyway, maybe they'll get a breather over teh weekend.  After their signal failure to dent the NC's position, Triumvirate have been told to divert us instead and have moved caps into NPC Delve.  No doubt our R64s are the targets.  At the moment, they're wandering round Delve with remote-rep battleship fleets, and Rebellion are being subjected to the dubious help of the assorted astrosemites and unmotivated shut-ins who make up Delve's Goon population while the GF Foreign Legion are firmly based in Algeria and Jihadswarm are messing with Empire under the leadership of the Sheikh.

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #5757 on: July 23, 2009, 01:17:58 PM

I hear something big is going down. Lotsa caps go boom?

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5758 on: July 23, 2009, 04:14:20 PM

I hear something big is going down. Lotsa caps go boom?

Well, it's been long enough for several cap fleets to die.  Tell all?

Twitter - Endieposts

trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #5759 on: July 24, 2009, 04:32:42 PM

I see on the killboard that Veritas Immortalis capitals are dying in C-J.  It's amazing that they even exist and are fighting in the same area as 3 years ago.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5760 on: July 24, 2009, 07:02:25 PM

Indeed they are.

RA was also there (it was their tower -V- was attacking when they got hotdropped), but the good guys definitely came out on top. They killed 3 of ours + 1 Rifter, and lost I think their entire engaged cap fleet and 30 other ships.  ATLAS spent so long getting organised then never showed up.

A Razor fleet showed up 2 minutes after the last -V- cap died and left.

60 ship AAA gang showed up half an hour later as we were shooting one of the 2 anchored but not yet online -V- towers, had a brief battle, and left again. I lost all my loot I'd picked up when I warped in and stood still for 10 seconds like I had been gotten used to fighting IRC/ED/MT/V while the AAA anti-support put some warrior II's on me.  They left shortly there after.

-V-  is as bad I remember them from 3 years ago.  

Edit- Oh it's much much worse. When you fight an enemy at near equal numbers and STILL come out at losses of 10 to 1, today was not a good day.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 01:57:38 AM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #5761 on: July 25, 2009, 08:11:43 AM

The discussion of the latest Goonswarm scam has been moved to a fresh thread over here.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #5762 on: July 25, 2009, 03:57:02 PM

Veritas back in the South. Who next? Ascendent Frontier in Feyth?

VI doesn't seem to have too many allies beside perhaps Cult Of War who are basically just a VI cut-off. Atlas will probably become part of the extensive VI enemy list, at the rate Atlas is going through its allies.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #5763 on: July 25, 2009, 04:39:48 PM

Atlas doesn't have allies, just people Bobby hasn't pissed off yet.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5764 on: July 25, 2009, 06:09:48 PM

Veritas back in the South. Who next? Ascendent Frontier in Feyth?

VI doesn't seem to have too many allies beside perhaps Cult Of War who are basically just a VI cut-off. Atlas will probably become part of the extensive VI enemy list, at the rate Atlas is going through its allies.

I genuinely thought Atlas or VI reset the other at the same time Cow and Minor Threat reset Atlas.  Who reset who first is beyond even my compulsive following of the political scene.

Twitter - Endieposts

setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5765 on: July 29, 2009, 06:42:57 PM

Are there any plans to bail out KIA at some point? The regular members certainly are asking for help, but the recent highly filtered summary of GS replies sounded like they'll be on their own for a bit longer.

* http://killboard.kia-clan.info/?a=kill_related&kll_id=61430
* http://killboard.kia-clan.info/?a=kill_related&kll_id=61708
* http://killboard.kia-clan.info/?a=kill_related&kll_id=61912

Probably no need to as TRI are not staging an invasion, and KIA could use this as a training environment. But I'm starting to feel sorry for them.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #5766 on: July 29, 2009, 07:28:14 PM

Aside from losing a few fleets because people in Delve and PB haven't figured out how to counter a BS/Logistics ball yet, have KIA actually been strategically harmed?  Any towers reinforced?  Any jammers taken down?
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5767 on: July 29, 2009, 07:36:16 PM

Aside from losing a few fleets because people in Delve and PB haven't figured out how to counter a BS/Logistics ball yet, have KIA actually been strategically harmed?  Any towers reinforced?  Any jammers taken down?

Jammers have been taken down a few times (or sometimes destroyed by KIA so they can anchor a new one), but the only real damage so far has been done to the KIA forums, it seems, where the usual vocal folks tear into everyone else for being useless and wonder were GS and ZAF are to help them.

Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #5768 on: July 30, 2009, 03:38:29 PM

KIA Alliance is pretty useless in my opinion. Shame as the alliance has a good logo.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5769 on: July 30, 2009, 04:03:24 PM

Kia are trustworthy allies, extremely (recklessly) aggressive with caps despite their limited numbers and wealth (learn form that, bobby), haven't been bribed with real world cash and never sold out to bob. Yes they can be out-blobbed by people looking for easy fights at hugely favourable odds, but when necessary their allies will show up for them like they did for us.

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #5770 on: July 30, 2009, 04:53:23 PM

Speaking of allies not turning up to help, Atlas, AAA and DICE formed a pretty big fleet to help out - V - last night at a critical juncture. - V - had 4 towers coming out within an hour, so we formed up a hefty fleet to kill those towers and face the enemy fleet. They had a small numbers advantage but more importantly they reportedly had 150 BS to our 100, a significant advantage. Anyway we were keyed up and ready for an hour long fight... but the other side titan bridged onto a PL gang that had killed a Scortched Earth gang, bubbled themselves chasing it, then took their fleet and sought ~good fights~ by hitting a Kraftwerk R64. Kraftwerk bieng an alliance that has just disbanded and therefore very capable of giving stout resistance.

Thanks to this sterling help, Veritas Immortalis should lose N7-B by tomorrow morning.

As for Tri, apparently they are getting somewhat more than they bargained for tonight.

Hic sunt dracones.
Trigona
Terracotta Army

Reply #5771 on: July 30, 2009, 05:34:52 PM

Tri are certainly not to be under estimated, they love setting traps for capitals and are are always up for a gank.  They have the ability to field over 50 caps and will do so.

Now for a brief moment of chest beating, the fact that MM were able to force them from Venal gives an indication of our ability to focus force when required, even though we are not known as a PvP alliance.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #5772 on: July 30, 2009, 05:52:14 PM

Tri's stain excursion was a horrible pounding for them at the hands of the locals who may be red to us but who sure can pvp. With zaf and almost all pvping goons away on deployment, kia looked like a soft, small target.

Twitter - Endieposts

setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #5773 on: July 30, 2009, 07:19:53 PM

Guys, seriously? MM driving out TRI? KIA being trustworthy doesn't change the problem that they've absorbed a large number of corps who should not be in 0.0, and the alliance itself wouldn't be holding space if it wasn't for the GS pet status.

And TRI outblobbing KIA, the small soft target? TRI has 600 pilots. KIA is fighting in their own arena, has the benefit of jump bridges and 1000 pilots. How are the odds stacked in TRI's favor?

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #5774 on: July 30, 2009, 07:32:48 PM

Technically, TRI is also fighting in their own area as well.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: