Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 10:48:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1968979 times)
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #3360 on: December 18, 2008, 01:47:48 AM

I was flying down the pipe and flew smack into a dictor bubble about 120km off the gate, which decloaked me. I got scrammed by an Arazu and some kind of DPS ship, but had two WCS in my lows. I warped off, did the oldschool make-fifteen-safespots thing and then cloaked while warping between random off-alignment safespots for 15 minutes, until my aggro timer expired. Then I went off to watch a DVD for an hour before logging, just in case.

That was well over a week ago. Haven't had a chance to play aside from skill changes since.  swamp poop
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3361 on: December 18, 2008, 02:48:02 AM

I'm moving house right now and haven't been able to log in in days, but I do still have access to the forums on a blackberry.  So, since nobody else has bothered to post this update, I will!

Goons and our Russian friends UAXDeath and Rebellion went to Catch last night and dropped POSes in two of AAA's home station systems in the region: KDF and ZXIC.  Evil Thug, whether because of stretched logistics or just retardation, was holding sov in KDF, a three-moon system, with a single tower.  Go figure.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3362 on: December 18, 2008, 02:57:23 AM

And holding ZXIC with 2.

Stuck in a covops in Providence for over a week crew checkin' in.

Damn roleplayer gatecamps.

They are roleplayers. Pretend you are carruying a clove of Garlic in your hold. That should drive them off.

That or soap and water.   why so serious?

Hic sunt dracones.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #3363 on: December 18, 2008, 05:12:00 AM

How does a covops worth a damn get stuck in a gatecamp?  Or are you stuck scouting for the gatecamp?

--Dave

I was baffled by this also and I don't usually see many gatecamps around Providence though I'm not playing much of late.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Yoru

Reply #3364 on: December 18, 2008, 02:35:15 PM

Either hictor bubbles drop cloaks now or someone was just waiting at the de-warp point on the bubble, triggering the decloak.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3365 on: December 18, 2008, 07:36:51 PM

Seems we are looking forward to a crowded weekend. POS from both sides are reinforced all over the place; in fact I wouldn't even know which station systems should see a request for their own node.

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #3366 on: December 19, 2008, 03:20:57 AM

Either hictor bubbles drop cloaks now or someone was just waiting at the de-warp point on the bubble, triggering the decloak.
Or a corpse, or a wreck, or a single round of ammo they kicked out the airlock.  For my operational areas, I always had pre-set BM's that were 160+km from the gates and stations, in a semi-random direction that wasn't on line with any celestial.  And a 6-12-18 (depending on how much time I had and if I had to make them cloaked) tactical sphere set for anything I knew we'd be fighting around.  Never warp straight gate-to-gate with hostiles in system unless you already know where they are.  With a good sphere and a good eye for angles and distances, you can get within 30km of almost any arbitrary point within 300km of the strategic center in a few warps.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Yoru

Reply #3367 on: December 19, 2008, 03:59:36 AM

Yeah, I'm running a pipe I've never run before in my EVE career. I think my option of logoffski and trying again outside the enemy's prime will work. Eventually.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3368 on: December 19, 2008, 05:54:29 AM

Or a corpse, or a wreck, or a single round of ammo they kicked out the airlock. 

Pretty sure corpses and wrecks no longer decloak you, although they do stop you activating cloak.  Not sure about cans.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #3369 on: December 19, 2008, 07:05:27 AM

None of those things are collidible  anymore, and the object has to be collidible in order to uncloak you. This was changed during the initial "need for speed" Changes. Same with drones. Drones no longer uncloak you since they are not collidible.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3370 on: December 19, 2008, 07:20:32 AM

They do prevent you cloaking though, or so I've heard. Haven't tested it myself.

Hic sunt dracones.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #3371 on: December 19, 2008, 09:05:45 AM

.. Drones no longer uncloak you since they are not collidible.

Oh really? Good to know ..

- Viin
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3372 on: December 19, 2008, 12:45:54 PM

Whaaaaaaaaaaat?  That removes one of the most reliable uncloaking tricks in the game... CCP ninja-nerfs gate camps?
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #3373 on: December 19, 2008, 02:49:50 PM

Will test that.

In related news, Goonswarm managed to lost 4 cloak fitted (two of them covert ops cloak fitted) ships in 30 minutes. Ack!
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3374 on: December 19, 2008, 04:34:23 PM

We're pretty dumb, it's true.
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #3375 on: December 19, 2008, 04:54:14 PM

I've actually lost intelligence since I joined.  I now find flashing lights mesmerizing and I tend to chase moving vehicles.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3376 on: December 19, 2008, 09:16:41 PM

« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 09:19:05 PM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #3377 on: December 19, 2008, 09:27:00 PM

Good to know about the drone decloaking thing. Thanks.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #3378 on: December 19, 2008, 09:54:26 PM

The story to go along with the pretty picture 2 posts up is simple; Goon towers in 0-w were coming out of reinforced; BoB alarm-clocked the op @ 4:30am their time. Goons bubbled their capfleet and then cyno'd in their own along with subcap support.

What followed was the largest goonswarm-only (no allies) capship victory to date:

« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 10:07:21 PM by bhodi »
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #3379 on: December 19, 2008, 10:30:06 PM

Our losses have gone up a bit and the link has been changed for some reason:

http://killboard.goonfleet.com/battles/914

- Viin
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3380 on: December 20, 2008, 01:10:46 AM

Capsule      83   29
Force Recon Ship   7   4
Interceptor   2   7
Interdictor   6   14
Battleship   36   24
Carrier   10   3
Dreadnought   39   7
Heavy Interdictor   5   4
Logistics   1   0
Battlecruiser   3   6
Command Ship   2   1
Heavy Assault Ship   4   2
Cruiser   0   15
Frigate   0   20
Covert Ops   0   5
Industrial   0   3
Transport Ship   0   2
Rookie ship   0   4
Stealth Bomber   0   1
Destroyer   0   2
Combat Recon Ship   0   1
Control Tower   0   1
Total   198   155

Utter rapeski.

Then I burned 50 jumps to help XXXdeath with something. AAA/SE/ROL started their op to plant towers in EPROS. They killed a small and started installing a large control tower. We burned up from AAA space (another 26 frigging jumps) and jumped in, and started Shooting the onlining tower. We got a report of them jumping out, so we warped our BSes to the gate. THEN we were told there was only one or 2 guys that had jumped. So our BSes were trapped at the gate smiling at the entire AAA fleet.

So we jumped to AZN after aggression timed out and they jumped after us (targeting me for some reason...)  And our tacklers came after them. Totally confused battle happens which turns into complete Rape as they burn to the E-pros gate and yet more rape happens when they jump back to E-PROS and we probe them out multiple times. At which point they all log off. Oh and their tower died too.

Right now we are repping the rest of the towers and lots of crap has been spoken on TS

Not a good night for the GBC so far. I have some killer fraps too...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 01:56:15 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3381 on: December 20, 2008, 01:18:34 AM

AAA made the wise decision to log their fleet off with aggression.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3382 on: December 20, 2008, 01:49:02 AM

I knew this sort of thing would happen while I was still on blackberry-only access while moving house  swamp poop

Still, I am happy to miss out on fights if they go like that.  I looked at the list of towers coming out of reinforced at both ends of our space (and beyond), and at the dubious timers on some of it, and I can hardly believe that, before our allies turn up (except KIA, who turned up in EPROS, and kudos to them for that!) we schooled Bob, ROL and AAA.

T1 frigates nubfleet lolol

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #3383 on: December 20, 2008, 04:24:06 AM

Please tell me they were probed out and raped some more!

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3384 on: December 20, 2008, 05:07:42 AM

Please tell me they were probed out and raped some more!

Oh were they ever... In fact I just killed a heretic that got probed out and found after logging off with aggression this morning.  awesome, for real

Anyway I've just logged out. All towers in E-PROS saved bar one that was replaced with a friendly tower. AAA didn't try and fight to destroy the towers after DT. They simply logged on en masse and left the system.

To be fair, I think the comedy kill of the night goes to this.

http://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/276997

Seemingly they tried to anchor a tower where BOB blew one up (yes BOB tilled the tower they were sieging) and the goons tried anchoring a tower there, but fail;ed as thre was still stuff anchored there then a BOB zelot came alone and targetted the tower so it could not be scooped. and then a bob badger came along, scooped the tower... and got blown up by the Goons.  ACK!

So that tower in the mail was a goon one that bob stole... for about 5 seconds...  swamp poop

Hic sunt dracones.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #3385 on: December 20, 2008, 11:57:09 AM

Have Red Overlord lost their space yet or are they struggling on?

Also what is it with the Russian obsession with the caps (not the ships)?

Against ALL Authorities
SOLAR FLEET
RED.OverLord

To name a few. Perhaps they forget to turn capslock off?
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #3386 on: December 20, 2008, 12:41:22 PM

ROL still has two station systems.

There are some Cyrillic symbols that look fairly similar to Roman capital letters, that's why you see Russian players with weirdly capitalised names.

As for the ALL in Against ALL Authorities, it's obviously capped to emphasize the fact they don't take orders from anyone and are operating solely by their own agenda. They are the last true anarchists, as symbolised by their -A- ticker, romantics who aren't only fighting all authorities, they ain't even afraid to set their new teeth to the flesh of rampant capitalism. True heroes, by any standard.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #3387 on: December 20, 2008, 02:05:18 PM

ROL still has two station systems.

There are some Cyrillic symbols that look fairly similar to Roman capital letters, that's why you see Russian players with weirdly capitalised names.

As for the ALL in Against ALL Authorities, it's obviously capped to emphasize the fact they don't take orders from anyone and are operating solely by their own agenda. They are the last true anarchists, as symbolised by their -A- ticker, romantics who aren't only fighting all authorities, they ain't even afraid to set their new teeth to the flesh of rampant capitalism. True heroes, by any standard.

Pretty good answer. Well now I know about the capitals.  Kudos to you 07.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #3388 on: December 20, 2008, 03:17:30 PM

Providence roundup!  For the last few days some of our people have been raiding down in Catch.  2 days ago we took an Amarr gang out and ended up in Curse of all places fighting RA and Rebellion Alliance.  CVA forces were outnumbered and who comes along?  a Bob Titan who DD's.  The gang dodges that (mostly) and decides to jump into an even larger hostile force.  Some kills and losses, the gang heads home.  Today scrapheap 'gank' night decided to visit Providence.  destr0math jumped in and promptly got podded.  Gank night turned around and left the area.  Destr0 complains about us on Scrapheap, mission complete.

Said one of the scrapheap, 'Ok CVA decided to be a bit of overkill and anchored 6 large bubbles on the gate. So much for providence revisited.'

Oh, and as a bonus, we have...

Check out this video!

http://www.unet.univie.ac.at/~a0304905/EoS%20deployment.wmv
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 03:19:21 PM by Pezzle »
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3389 on: December 20, 2008, 03:30:14 PM

To be fair, I think the comedy kill of the night goes to this.

http://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/276997

Seemingly they tried to anchor a tower where BOB blew one up (yes BOB tilled the tower they were sieging) and the goons tried anchoring a tower there, but fail;ed as thre was still stuff anchored there then a BOB zelot came alone and targetted the tower so it could not be scooped. and then a bob badger came along, scooped the tower... and got blown up by the Goons.  ACK!

So that tower in the mail was a goon one that bob stole... for about 5 seconds...  swamp poop

Hung So'low made me laugh.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3390 on: December 21, 2008, 01:46:24 AM

Hey, did you know that GoonSwarm had a Leviathan?

Neither did BOB, in 0-W, about 2 hours ago, apparently.

They do now.

http://killboard.goonfleet.com/battles/921

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

{Edit} In the spirit of full disclosure, the goons got multiple Doomsdayed by AAA in ZXIC, so its swings and roundabouts. Strange that the Pets always seem to do better than BOB itself though.

{Moar Edit} all towers saved in 0-W bar one, the one that cost BOB&Friends 50 capitals.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2008, 05:27:27 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3391 on: December 21, 2008, 05:53:48 AM

Also in the spirit of full disclosure, seven GS-POS in ZXIC destroyed. They repaired at least one earlier in the day; we also did not manage to remove one in KDF -- four moms were repairing it, and with only about 60 active ships in gang we could not overcome their efforts. Not sure what the current status is, most of the russian members stayed up all night and are probably very much asleep by now ;)

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #3392 on: December 21, 2008, 07:42:20 AM

Interesting times ahead.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3393 on: December 21, 2008, 07:46:09 AM

Interesting times ahead.

Nostradamus predicted that BOB will siege as many towers as possible to come out Christmass morning, so the lifeless will have an advantage.  awesome, for real

Hic sunt dracones.
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #3394 on: December 21, 2008, 07:56:27 AM

He was wrong. So wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: