Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:58:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1968961 times)
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3290 on: December 08, 2008, 08:21:09 AM

Or they might have just been playing around earlier and Sol was killed before leaving system.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #3291 on: December 08, 2008, 09:25:54 AM

Damn goons and their ever-buggy overviews ;)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #3292 on: December 08, 2008, 09:31:33 AM

i think he'd been playing for about 5 days at that point.  Or maybe just an overview bug vOv.

On one hand, ask Thrawn about buggy overviews and IAC pilots  awesome, for real

On the other, shooting blues is a GS tradition (except with POS guns, never POS guns)

Witty banter not included.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3293 on: December 08, 2008, 10:32:35 AM

On one hand, ask Thrawn about buggy overviews and IAC pilots  awesome, for real

I never should of paid him back either.  Mob

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Terracotta Army

Reply #3294 on: December 08, 2008, 12:20:52 PM

It's actually even odder than it looks smiley

We'd been camping the 0oy station the evening before, ROL had left a load of abandoned drones outside the station and I can only guess that Nigggle webbed me to try and stop me getting to the drones before he did.

The next morning something like 8 hours later I got careless scouting the POS' and got popped by one, somehow Nigggle made the killmail!
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #3295 on: December 08, 2008, 04:29:54 PM

Their overview is still a shitty piece of code. I seriously don't understand why they can't render it in detail offscreen as one piece instead of updating each table row separately and that multiple times for the various elements. Shit like blue-shooting happens because CCP is apparently drawing the overview row backgrounds as seperate layer that tends to get out of sync (I've pulled that out of my ass, but has to be pretty much that way to explain it). Why the fuck it has to be that way, who knows.

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Quinton
Terracotta Army

is saving up his raid points for a fancy board title

Reply #3296 on: December 08, 2008, 05:04:46 PM

Why has someone in Goonfleet shot a loveu pilot?

i think he'd been playing for about 5 days at that point.  Or maybe just an overview bug vOv.

I had my ship destroyed by Goonfleet pilots during a round of Frigate Thunderdome (idea #231 for keeping a bunch of Goons amused during a day-long POS-shot/rep operation).
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3297 on: December 09, 2008, 02:33:42 PM

OK, the last 24 hours have been substantially welp, since we lost a bunch of towers in C9N and will lose that system this weekend as a result.  This happened purely as a result of retarded stront timing by a member corp, who had nobody online in a target system when it got primaried by our enemies and thus left the stront timing for 4pm Russian time/very early morning US time.  ACK!

After 4 weeks of fighting for no reward, the GBC threw a lot of resources at the system, with Bob's 100-man fleet blocking reinforcement gangs and their pets all locking down C9N very effectively.  The result was 8 lost towers and a lost fleet fight (pretty much our first lost fleet fight of the campaign, but we got slaughtered in a very nicely executed trap  swamp poop ), and although we killed a few towers elsewhere, the GBC have had a real fillip.  Hopefully the corp in question will have proper stront-timers parachuted in for the future, since this fight was generally acknowledged to be lost before it began.

The bigger picture is that we still have a couple of weeks in which to fight delaying actions while pretty much all our allies (except little ZAF) are busy variously taking Deklein, taking Scalding Pass, and a couple of other little surprises.  So far, we've held out heavily outnumbered for two weeks, although by the end of the third week we'll have at least lost C9N, and will presumably see a new assault on one of the AZN cluster and maybe a cleanup of the less important Esoteria systems.  I imagine that this weekend will see a huge assault on a cyno jammer, followed by three-figure capital fleets in somewhere like VNG and round-the-clock camping.  It's not sustainable for them in the long ter,, but then they probably know there will be no point if they are still trying in the long term.

The clock is ticking for Bob, and they know they'll have to wrap up a lot of our other 31 outposts in the next 2 or 3 weeks before TCF and the North secure Deklein and Vale, the Russians finish their work (and maybe PL decide to terrify Stain Empire by basing out their home systems, which would be nice), and the balance shifts.  Basically, the GBC are Germany, it's 1917, the US joined the war a few weeks ago, and they need to take Paris before the doughboys start showing up.  Of course, the flaw in that analogy is that Germany didn't just run away from the Eastern Front in 1917 when the going got tough, leaving the enemy to finish off the Balkans and then head for the rear of the Hindenburg Line!

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3298 on: December 09, 2008, 07:28:27 PM

The best part for me was AAA members acknowledging, even in jest, that they are GBC.  why so serious?

Oh and there was a Pandemic Legion sighted in local too...

Hic sunt dracones.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3299 on: December 09, 2008, 08:24:17 PM

And the drama just keeps on coming...

Quote from: Darius JOHNSON
Anecdotal Hilarity - A story of a rich Russian Sugardaddy
I've been alluding to this particular tale for a while now. I had to wait for a bit before sharing this as, to be frank I found it a bit difficult to believe. I've become quite a bit more convinced about it recently and am quite certain about at least one part of this particular tale of space hilarity and the lengths that some particular people will go to in a spaceship game and to be frank whether it's all one hundred percent true or not I feel a need to share it with you. I provide it to you not out of any real concern, but because this story is an excellent motivator for me and I believe that you too will gain enjoyment from it.

As many of you know this whole thing started back when we spent a month asking a particular group of Russians not to run a plex that was never anything but ours. They gave us the finger and hostilities began. Now there's some interesting backstory. LETA apparently has a rather affluent Russian gentlman as its resident sugardaddy. What may very well have caused the rather violent angst of LETA in particular is the fact that not long before we began these hostilities both the corp and the space were purchased from Nync for a pile of real life cash. Our hostile actions against these interlopers, who had apparently purchased rights which weren't theirs to sell, apparently fucked up Nync's loltacular financial arrangement. The reason for these original misunderstandings? It may very well be because many of the accounts of the names you remember were also purchased by this gentleman, and they had no idea about existing arrangements nor care, because I mean hey, what can't money buy?

So titans are still changing hands for real life cash. We decide to hit LETA who then forms ROL and Nync starts chestpounding on the Russian forums about how we're terrible racists and we hate Russians and blah blah blah. It becomes apparent that ROL cannot do a thing to us, and SE, who were without a titan one week magically are back in the fray and back in a titan. No gigantic flocking to their banner despite their newfound sense of nationalism because, quite frankly nobody buys their bullshit. This is a familiar tune with Nync who doesn't give a fuck about anything but his wallet and every single Russian knows it. Even those under his banner.

Now long before this AAA had been talking about hooking up with BoB, whether seriously or not. Somewhere in this equation Evil Thug is paid a large, think tens of thousands of dollars, chunk of real life money. Wham Bam AAA is no longer our friend but suddenly filled with the desire they've never had to engage in territorial conquest against an enemy who quite frankly, outclassed them by a wide margin. Not only are they willing to do something they've never shown a single sign of being interested, but lo and behold they're on the side of ROL and SE... You'll notice from my conversation with Evil Thug yesterday that there was no denial of him being paid. So this is how AAA chooses to go out, not with a bang but with a ka-ching!

BoB may or may not have been paid cash or with a titan, and across the intel channels are whispers of a rich Russian gentleman offering astounding levels of real life money in order for people to fight us.

So this may very well be what you're fighting gentlemen. A mish-mosh of disparate Bad News Bears alliances who have absolutely no connection whatsoever aside from the fact that some of them speak Russian and all have been rumored to have been paid off enormous sums of money by a rich Russian sugardaddy. Their dream is to have bought themselves a coalition that can seriously not just take a station or two, but to actually defeat us and push us out of conquerable space. They will take any fags they can get, AAA's original protestations aside, that will increase their numbers. Why would AAA change its story and leave its balls at the door? $$$

I for one am going to get a huge kick out of knowing that I personally contributed to some dude on the other side of the planet spending a few years of an average person's salary buying a space army that still can't get the job done.

(1:33:06 PM) Evil Thug: Make no mistake about it. We are fighting a force that is larger than we
are.
(1:33:14 PM) Evil Thug: How does it feel to lie to your own troops ?
(1:34:10 PM) me: Hmmm... current fleet count has us outnumbered 4 to one... just like the other day...
(1:34:20 PM) me: What's you going ot do with your ebay money? New car?
(1:34:52 PM) Evil Thug: New flat. New teeth, NEW LIFE !
(1:34:55 PM) Evil Thug: ITS AWESOME !
(1:35:28 PM) me: Heh, I imagine it's hard to turn down.
(1:35:30 PM) Evil Thug: I wanted to keep it out of personal as i still respect alot of goons who helped me, and i helped them during bob invasion.
(1:36:18 PM) Evil Thug: You, with your announcements, just making it worse. Its up to you, what you`ve been writing on your own forums. If you see it as the way - its up to you. Just saying.

Hic sunt dracones.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3300 on: December 09, 2008, 10:32:03 PM

I would totally shoot space goons if someone paid me 10 grand.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #3301 on: December 10, 2008, 12:26:33 AM

How many Goons would you shoot for $20?
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3302 on: December 10, 2008, 12:50:19 AM

If this is true, why don't they just pay us to disband?   awesome, for real
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3303 on: December 10, 2008, 01:06:10 AM

"Sure, you can join Goonfleet get Goonfleet to disband.  Just pay the standard ten thousand dollar fee in advance..."

Darius, who is notoriously blind as to all things European, is doubtless unaware of just how believable the story is about someone flinging cash around that is on a ridiculous scale to Eve geeks/students/long-term-unemployed but pitifully small to a New Russian vOv.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #3304 on: December 10, 2008, 01:12:39 AM

This probably started as some Russian businessmen giving his kids a few grand to buy titans on ebay, and purple monkey dishwasher did the rest. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3305 on: December 10, 2008, 02:11:27 AM

LOL Providence: http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=944473

2008.12.07 07:22
One or more of your members participated in a Frigate operation lead by Agony Empire in Providence. In this operation many Providence residents lost their ships and pods. One such kill can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/6n555b

Providence follows a Not Red Don't Shoot (NRDS) policy, and as such we consider any hostile act in the region a crime; we understand that the actions of your member(s) might not reflect your corporation, and as such I’m informing you that your corporation will be set red in 48 hours (Tuesday) unless you:

1) Remove the offending member(s) shown on the attached killmail from your corporation.
2) Send me an evemail informing me of your action
3) Send me 60M as reimbursement for the Domi

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact myself or FuriousPig, Sev3rance leader.

Thanks.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #3306 on: December 10, 2008, 07:18:41 AM

I really do not see what the big deal is.  That has been policy for 4 YEARS.  Some people just cry for attention.  Sorry we play the game differently.  Oh wait!  As it turns out I am not sorry at all!  Haters can eat laser fire.  On a side note, we do have almost 900 entries in the kos database..
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #3307 on: December 10, 2008, 07:29:17 AM

"Sure, you can join Goonfleet get Goonfleet to disband.  Just pay the standard ten thousand dollar fee in advance..."

Darius, who is notoriously blind as to all things European, is doubtless unaware of just how believable the story is about someone flinging cash around that is on a ridiculous scale to Eve geeks/students/long-term-unemployed but pitifully small to a New Russian vOv.

Why doesn't someone just file a petition against the ebayer's and get them all banned :)  Also, isn't Nync's buying the character against EULA?

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3308 on: December 10, 2008, 07:33:51 AM

Its very difficult to prove anything without access to peoples RL bank accounts.

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3309 on: December 10, 2008, 08:34:43 AM

I really do not see what the big deal is.  That has been policy for 4 YEARS.  Some people just cry for attention.  Sorry we play the game differently.  Oh wait!  As it turns out I am not sorry at all!  Haters can eat laser fire.  On a side note, we do have almost 900 entries in the kos database..

The funny thing is that I am perfectly certain that we in Goonfleet, Bob and the NC all have considerably more pilots in Eve that are blue to them than the holders do: the Providence bloc is simply more decentralised.

A Bob pilot, for instance, would currently have blue status to the current GBC members:

The rest of Bob - 3000
AAA - 2000
SE - 460
Coven - 460
ROL - 280
Systematic Chaos - 880
Exe - 1290
X13 - 300
Interdiction - 590
Skunkworks - 910
Blade - 620
Southern Cross - 1380
Beachboys - 250
Styx - 340
Frontal Impact - 360
Goodfellas - 1260
Axiom - 1200

I think they also have blue status to others like Hun Reloaded, BDCI (for Feyth) etc, but that's already just under sixteen thousand blues that I can come up with in ten minutes with eve-maps.  I've not counted some of the alliances they installed in the north-west, because I'm not certain who is who amongst that inglorious collection.

For clarity, that's not a "lol Bob blues" thing: the North probably have a not-dissimilar number of blues, and we in Goonfleet will almost certainly a lot more when they pile down to the south for GBC season.  I'm just not so sure about either, ironically, because blues don't tend to be in our space much, whereas we and our reds see a lot of each other's space awesome, for real

Twitter - Endieposts

Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #3310 on: December 10, 2008, 08:42:41 AM

For clarity, that's not a "lol Bob blues" thing:

However, I lol'd anyway.

That said, I do see a lot more pilots set blue than I'd expect when in Empire.

Witty banter not included.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3311 on: December 10, 2008, 11:28:39 AM

How many Goons would you shoot for $20?

At least 3, maybe 4 if they were small Goons.

That would be pretty fucking awesome though, if ET really did get paid 10 grand. "fuck my E-honour, I'm buying a new car bitches!"

Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #3312 on: December 10, 2008, 12:27:00 PM

Car. Pah! The man Tinkerbell has priorities - his teeth!

-Ninja edit-
Couldn't leave that "man" there... just couldn't.

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3313 on: December 10, 2008, 12:28:46 PM

Hey, maybe he has a desperate need for braces, those things ain't cheap.

Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #3314 on: December 10, 2008, 03:43:07 PM

Discussion of POSSPLOITZ split off and merged over with the POSSPLOITZ thread over here.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3315 on: December 10, 2008, 03:58:01 PM

Edit: the discussion moved whille I posted...

Twitter - Endieposts

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #3316 on: December 10, 2008, 04:35:03 PM

If you want to see impressive numbers, check out our kos list.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #3317 on: December 11, 2008, 12:29:32 AM

Did somebody finally fix the webapp so you don't have to look up the pilot and the corporation in two separate queries?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3318 on: December 11, 2008, 01:38:35 AM

We saved all of our POSes that came out in the last 24 hours, including some in some very unpleasant timezones.  We've also reinforced a large number of hostile towers, and have incapped every mod in C9N after AAA spent all of yesterday repping them back up again.  Other AAA and ROL poses across Feyth are also reinforced, or have all their mods incapped.

In other news, Pandemic Legion, rfesh from taking more than half a dozen Bob high-end moons, have now reinforced a bunch of AAA towers at the far end of their space.  The GBC tried to ping-pong us between Scalding Pass and Feythabolis but failed.  Now thnigs are a bit different.

Also, TCF sent us a very nice postcard letting us know what they're up to and telling us how much they are looking forward to getting back home.

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3319 on: December 11, 2008, 01:49:52 AM

Yeah I was on this morning for an hour. Enemy gangs are starting to get skittish. I don't think they expected our response to losing 8 towers and having a station system contested would be to start sending constant roaming gangs out smacking down every tower and every module we can find and roaring for kills 24/7.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3320 on: December 11, 2008, 02:19:35 AM

We currently have 18 hostile towers in reinforced, with every mod on every one of them incapped.

Not bad for a dead alliance.

Twitter - Endieposts

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #3321 on: December 11, 2008, 06:47:46 AM

Did somebody finally fix the webapp so you don't have to look up the pilot and the corporation in two separate queries?

No, I think that is still on the list.  Honestly we are lucky it works at all.  CCP broke the whole thing a couple of weeks ago.  Grr I feel a rage coming on about the shitty UI.
Quinton
Terracotta Army

Reply #3322 on: December 11, 2008, 07:14:05 AM

Also, TCF sent us a very nice postcard letting us know what they're up to and telling us how much they are looking forward to getting back home.

<3 the TCF postcard.  Those guys are awesome.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #3323 on: December 11, 2008, 02:12:08 PM

LOL Providence: http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=944473

2008.12.07 07:22
One or more of your members participated in a Frigate operation lead by Agony Empire in Providence. In this operation many Providence residents lost their ships and pods. One such kill can be found here: http://tinyurl.com/6n555b

Providence follows a Not Red Don't Shoot (NRDS) policy, and as such we consider any hostile act in the region a crime; we understand that the actions of your member(s) might not reflect your corporation, and as such I’m informing you that your corporation will be set red in 48 hours (Tuesday) unless you:

1) Remove the offending member(s) shown on the attached killmail from your corporation.
2) Send me an evemail informing me of your action
3) Send me 60M as reimbursement for the Domi

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact myself or FuriousPig, Sev3rance leader.

Thanks.

He's doing great work there the more reds the better I condone this plus I think this response put it in perspective.

Quote KIA member : So to sum it up, instead of going somewhere where the residents have a policy to fight you, you go to the one place where they welcome strangers with open arms; and sucker punch them. Then chest beat your way to COAD?

Well done indeed....

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3324 on: December 11, 2008, 02:29:39 PM

Sparky will, no doubt, have a fuller report but Pandemic Legion, those little tinkers, having already reinforced a bunch of AAA towers at the far end of their space from Feyth, just took down the Cynojammer in Bob's only Fountain station.  Cue a rapid departure of Bob pilots, taking the pod express north...

Twitter - Endieposts

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: