Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 11:17:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1969618 times)
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #3220 on: November 29, 2008, 06:33:49 PM

Edit:  I think TripleDES just meant that if you were being cryptic someone should alt-post it and see what happened :)
It would be futile to post anything over there trying to dent their reputation, since most people that aren't or weren't in conflict with them are still soaking up their spinning shit like sponges. I was mainly just making fun.

That and my alt lacks another nine corp members to be able to post in COAD.  awesome, for real

EVE (inactive): Deakin Frost -- APB (fukken dead): Kayleigh (on Patriot).
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3221 on: November 30, 2008, 02:50:21 AM

Leave Joe alone sad We've been discussing the various Bob/Goon conflicts for 18 months within pretty polite limits and if he doesn't post you'll never get Bob's view on things wihout reading the horrors of SHC and Eve-O.  Look at the page count, after all.  It won't reach 100 if people go ballistic every time somebody we're fighting puts the opposite point of view in...

Also, I think that Bob got hot-dropped just before DT by xxDeathxx and Solar Fleet (good Russians), who outnumbered Bob by something like 90-30 in capitals but didn't load grid in an unreinforced system.  The fact that it was right before downtime (when the tower came out) probably saved Bob from their usual cap fight results (limping out with ten to fifteen percent of their ships intact) but it's still kinda funny: Bob tend to be even ruder about drone region alliances than they are were about Northern ones...  Ohhhhh, I see.  I think the results were 4 or 5 killed on each side, but obviously a longer fight would have been annhilation.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 03:03:52 AM by Endie »

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #3222 on: November 30, 2008, 03:02:47 AM

I am going to back up Endie here, not that it is worth much :P

Different viewpoints are valuable in telling the story of EVE.  It makes the forums worth reading.  This place already has a skew, but I would like to think the behavior is better than SHC.  Silly dreamer is me!  If we want to break up the block central thinking you can look at me!  We still shoot at BOB, Goons, TCF, AAA, UNL and really every other group in 0.0 outside Providence.  We are the second foundation, controlling your game!?!?  :P  Anyway, we should be able to have a nice chat (including a jibes) without getting offended personally.

Oh and for those who were listening to me ramble on thursday, yea, I sang my song tonight and would have rocked the house.  Maybe I can play the Superbowl!

Jonas brothers, wtf.
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #3223 on: November 30, 2008, 04:00:14 AM

Leave Joe alone sad We've been discussing the various Bob/Goon conflicts for 18 months within pretty polite limits and if he doesn't post you'll never get Bob's view on things wihout reading the horrors of SHC and Eve-O.  Look at the page count, after all.  It won't reach 100 if people go ballistic every time somebody we're fighting puts the opposite point of view in...
Well, I'll shut up then.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3224 on: November 30, 2008, 01:14:25 PM

BoB will gain sov in 1v- (site of the epic -V-/LV defeat) next week. The drone region Russians attempted a dot drop with a capital fleet and results were mixed (aka, I don't know who won, I think BoB did?).

2-R has been purged and has no RAO towers left, and UNL has towers on all moons.

RAO lost 2 64/32(?) moons despite having 2 Titans in system, 30 Carriers on standby and a 120+ Conventional fleet next door for an hour. AAA failed to engage when Goonswarm+UNL+Rebellion was able to have twice their numbers ready for them, despite multiple Titan Doomsday driveby's that killed 1 Stabber and some slow aligning battleships (6 in total).

AAA has set the Drone Region Russian alliances to red, presumably on SirMolle's orders.

Gentlemen, The Great Eve War II is here.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
TripleDES
Terracotta Army

Reply #3225 on: November 30, 2008, 01:21:11 PM

If it was the same killboard I saw, it was something like 5 BoB losses and 10 Russian losses. Not sure what ship types, probably capitals. I would look it up, but CCP Navigator was on a rampage again and edited it out.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3226 on: November 30, 2008, 01:53:22 PM

Also, I think that Bob got hot-dropped just before DT by xxDeathxx and Solar Fleet (good Russians), who outnumbered Bob by something like 90-30 in capitals but didn't load grid in an unreinforced system.  The fact that it was right before downtime (when the tower came out) probably saved Bob from their usual cap fight results (limping out with ten to fifteen percent of their ships intact) but it's still kinda funny: Bob tend to be even ruder about drone region alliances than they are were about Northern ones...  Ohhhhh, I see.  I think the results were 4 or 5 killed on each side, but obviously a longer fight would have been annhilation.

For those of you that missed Endie's post a few hours ago.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #3227 on: November 30, 2008, 01:57:04 PM

It was 4 dead BoB caps vs 5 dead Solar caps when downtime struck.

The BoB fleet in Scalding Pass has edit had small fights with overrun Solar, xXDeathXx and RA in their first big engagement. Is this fleet battle report correct?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 03:03:39 PM by lac »
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #3228 on: November 30, 2008, 03:06:14 PM

So, TRI just reset Goodfellas in a complete backstab and is currently in a land grab against them. Have any details Slayerik?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3229 on: November 30, 2008, 03:11:12 PM

So, TRI just reset Goodfellas in a complete backstab and is currently in a land grab against them. Have any details Slayerik?

He said something in the War forum about it.

The Goodfellas guys on Scrapheap were pretty fatalistic or even - as Cippa said - positively emo.  One of their posts was "it is better to look them in the face as you throw yourself onto the knife".  There is a bit of bitterness since Tri are getting a station because Goodfellas let them keep a pos there as a place to retreat to, and IFuse left Goodfellas losing their sov claim...

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3230 on: November 30, 2008, 03:27:53 PM

Aaaanyhoo....

Bob were fighting Russians, which wasn't going very well for the Russians, all in all, but it'll take them a couple of fights to work out that Bob aren't as awful as Mostly Harmless.

Anyway, Goons turned up.  A lot of the newer guys were all "oh noes we're fighting Bob" while I'm saying in chat "seriously we'll hammer them: they're useless these days."  Sure enough, Bob got beaten up.  It's worth saying that this was just an impromptu and informal Goon gang that formed up with 25 minutes notice, at the end of a day with three major strategic ops (in which, as mentioned, we scared off AAA yet again despite them having multiple allied titans in-system, killed five towers including two prom/dyspro ones).  There was an engagement on the gate, Bob got driven off, we looted, Bob ran, losing more ships on the way, and Russians saw how to do it :D

The fun thing about no longer being in Scalding Pass is that it's a fun playground people can go up to for a laugh on occasion vOv

On another note, what happened to the "we're off to Delve" thing, Joe? :confused:

Twitter - Endieposts

Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #3231 on: November 30, 2008, 03:43:17 PM

Not going to say too much here, I dont care much about the politics, but I was one of the people that ran to fight against Bob. I haven't been in many fights against them, but all I can say is Im shocked. Within minutes of engagement, they were getting hammered and burned away... fair enough! However, they were persued and some of them caught. The rest... logged off - not impressed in the slightest!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 03:45:32 PM by Predator Irl »

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #3232 on: November 30, 2008, 05:47:09 PM

TBH, the only reason the backstab ever happened is cause I been on break for like 7 weeks now. ;) To me it isn't the smartest move on TRI's part, but fuck it just piss on one of your few allies.

On the real, maybe I should log in and check some alliance and corp mails for lawls. I'm personally not big on throwing myself on knives. I just never built any loyalty to the Goodfellas alliance, I was hoping for a home but I slowly started logging in less and less once I joined. Once again, too Euro. Funny part is in one month I made my corp's top 10 in kills and points...during off peak and almost no fleet.

I sure could use a reason to log in again....

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3233 on: November 30, 2008, 06:12:57 PM

Hmm, who else do we know that's in a major alliance with lots of US timezone coverage...
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3234 on: November 30, 2008, 06:30:40 PM

Well duh....send me your isk so you know it's not going to waste and I can quit mining so much.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #3235 on: November 30, 2008, 06:36:16 PM

Hmm, who else do we know that's in a major alliance with lots of US timezone coverage...

^

Lot of enemies to shoot too, growing by the day..

Witty banter not included.
Terracotta Army

Reply #3236 on: November 30, 2008, 10:34:31 PM

* 5150 chants 'Goons for Slay!' smiley
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #3237 on: December 01, 2008, 03:04:07 AM

What better reason is there than shooting AAA, Red Overlord and the GBC?

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3238 on: December 01, 2008, 04:40:10 AM

What better reason is there than shooting AAA, Red Overlord and the GBC?

Dude he's in the GBC.  That may not be the selling point you imagine.

He should totally move to our side of the tracks, though.  But that's off-topic for the War thread.

Back on focus, Goons had nothing much to do this morning so a bunch of folks went up to our old Scalding Pass region to help the new owners (pwners :happy:) move in, ironically by saving some towers that we'd left behind.  Sadly, Bob didn't turn up for this round, though I imagine that it'll be a different story later on in Euro prime when Finfleet's towers come out.

You may ask yourself "1V- is a five moon system why would anyone deliberately leave it anything less than 100% covered with all that warning of Bob turning up?"

Hmm.. why indeed?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Twitter - Endieposts

jape
Terracotta Army

Reply #3239 on: December 04, 2008, 06:47:25 AM

There anything happening or did whole south fall asleep?

And if thats the case, why dont goons&co return the favor and attack -A- space? (need drama Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?)
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #3240 on: December 04, 2008, 06:59:57 AM

And if thats the case, why dont goons&co return the favor and attack -A- space? (need drama Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?)

All in good time!

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3241 on: December 04, 2008, 07:27:30 AM

The opposition have given up on direct combat with the good guys (which they tend to lose) and are tower spamming and calling in mighty dread fleets to shoot station services, essentially. Not much real drama to be had.

Hic sunt dracones.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #3242 on: December 04, 2008, 07:33:03 AM

Somebody go get his titan blown up or something.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3243 on: December 04, 2008, 07:33:47 AM

Things are kinda drama-free right now.  The summary for the last seven days seems to be:

Thursday: Goons (with Rebellion, TCF and UNL support later on, but pretty much goons for the main fight) throw ROL and AAA out of VNG, and destroy all of their towers, as quickly as they can cycle siege and warp to the next one (except for the unreinforced AAA tower which is reinforced then killed the next evening).  Lots of carrier kills, complete battleship slaughter.

Weekend: Goons and UNL finish off ROL's most southerly cluster by destroying ROL's towers in R97.  They also take two R64 moons from ROL.  AAA camp AZN for a bit, come to within a jump of R97 (which contains a medium-sized ROL fleet and multiple titans) but turn round and leave.

Also, Bob try to take 1V-, a five-moon fortress of a system in Scalding Pass, in what I thought was a dreadfully obvious trap (we took down two of our towers to leave blank moons), but which Bob fell for nonetheless.  Sure enough, within hours, the Drone Russians have entered the conflict on the side of the Goons, and Bob find themselves having to fight instead of victoriously taking abandoned space.

Monday: Bob are fighting the Drone Russians to defend their 1V- play.  They do quite well until Goonfleet send a fleet up there, at which point they suffer badly, jump out of the system and log off their entire fleet to evade pursuit.  Bob's three towers are all destroyed.

In the meantime, SE, AAA and ROL reinforce a variety of towers in JB systems and in the C9N and ZS- systems, while spamming towers in other systems.  AAA also drop a large dread fleet on the AZN station and proceed to spend their efforts on, um, incapping station services.  In a three-station cluster vOv.  Darwin intervenes on their side, however, and they do gank some afk idiot in a carrier, a pattern which is repeated twice more in the following days XD.

Contrary to JoeTF's post here about AAA and GBC being independent/falling out, Molle tells AAA to set the Drone Russians red, which they proceed to do.  There are now more Russians on Goons' side than on AAA's side.  This move by AAA now seems about as smart as Hitler declaring war on the US in 1941 after Japan attacks Pearl Harbour.  Evil Thug has also bought in the mercs of BCDI (the comedy remains of Seleene's corp) to pad out his numbers in an increasingly startling set of allies, almost all of whom talk in local about how much they hate each other when the others are not around.

Tuesday: Goons rep stuff.  Both Goons and AAA reinforce more of each others' towers.  Bob seem to have given up for now in Scalding Pass, though presumably this is temporary because losing yet another campaign so quickly would be too comedic.

By now, the offensive is sufficiently manageable (for now at least) that TCF head up to Deklein to do some sneaky stuff.

Wednesday: 15 goon towers that I know about come out of reinforced, 12 of which are saved.  Three have awful timing and cannot be saved.  Both Bob and AAA amass large fleets and... attack station services with them, to much puzzled head-scratching from us.

Thursday: A bunch of goon towers will come out of reinforced, but I think all will be saved.  Three hostile towers come out, and I think we'll kill one of them.

The situation just now is that Bob have AAA, BDCI, ROL, Coven, Systematic Chaos, Stain Empire and a few other little players on their side, and appear to be trying to have fallen into timezone wars, depending on the odd badly-stronted tower here and there and pos-spamming everywhere else.  Goodfellas seem to be swithering about giving up in Deklein and coming south, since leaked discussions show that Molle is begging them to do so with the offer of the Scalding Pass region and moons (lol both SP moons).

Goons now have TCF, UNL, Rebellion, ZAF, Legion of Death, Red Alliance and Solar Fleet confirmed on their side, with Razor apparently set to come south soon, as well.  I don't know about MM nor Pandemic Legion as yet, though I imagine that the latter might see promise in another situation where they could base out of plentiful, nearby NPC space and kill numerous titans/hotdrop what's left of Bob's capfleet reserves.

Although we now have very large numbers of allies circling Bob and AAA, I imagine that the next while will see us still absorbing hits while Molle's plan B plays out.  Hostile numbers are already well down on their first week or so, but they can still outblob us substantially in their primetimes unless we call alarm clocks, which we've done twice.

There: enough?

Twitter - Endieposts

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3244 on: December 04, 2008, 07:50:19 AM

Thursday: Goons (with Rebellion, TCF and UNL support later on, but pretty much goons for the main fight) throw ROL and AAA out of VNG, and destroy all of their towers, as quickly as they can cycle siege and warp to the next one (except for the unreinforced AAA tower which is reinforced then killed the next evening).  Lots of carrier kills, complete battleship slaughter.

I will forever remember this day as the Thanksgiving day massacre of '08, and it will be my fondest EvE memory for some time to come I'm sure.  Ohhhhh, I see.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3245 on: December 04, 2008, 08:45:20 AM

And in a story from the history of Eve, James 315 posts a story about one of the biggest EVE scams ever, and his role in it's downfall. Interesting and well written story. I recall reading about it at the time, but seeing it all in one article makes for amusing reading.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3246 on: December 04, 2008, 09:45:49 AM

That's a lot of words about Eve (I read most of them).  EIB is the reason I laugh at people insisting Eve Bank is a rock solid safe investment.  Even if everyone involved has good intentions it only takes people quitting, growing bored or getting butthurt one day for the house of cards to come crashing down.  The fallout will be delicious.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3247 on: December 04, 2008, 09:53:35 AM

That's a lot of words about Eve (I read most of them).  EIB is the reason I laugh at people insisting Eve Bank is a rock solid safe investment.  Even if everyone involved has good intentions it only takes people quitting, growing bored or getting butthurt one day for the house of cards to come crashing down.  The fallout will be delicious.

I had the same thought reading it, I've always been waiting for the Eve Bank announcement of "We have now cleared 1 trillion isk making us the biggest scam in EvE history, thank you all for the help and bye bye now!"

Well, that and the thought that I really need to think of some creative new scams to try and make money off of with my trading alt.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3248 on: December 04, 2008, 12:00:10 PM

The Cally person went totally batshit insane.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
apocrypha
Terracotta Army

Planes? Shit, I'm terrified to get in my car now!

Reply #3249 on: December 04, 2008, 11:24:23 PM

EIB was the most embarrassing EVE scam ever because the guy who did it turned out to be such a complete douchebag. It could have ended so hilariously but his total lack of class just made it all look tacky and a bit sad. "I won EVE!" and DentaraRastRulesTheUniverse.com (or something like that) with that awful video he made just made everyone go /facepalm.

"Bourgeois society stands at the crossroads, either transition to socialism or regression into barbarism" - Rosa Luxemburg, 1915.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #3250 on: December 05, 2008, 12:37:52 AM

You know, I have a char that I made in 2004... Anyone want to buy it and scam people?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
jape
Terracotta Army

Reply #3251 on: December 05, 2008, 03:28:38 AM

There: enough?

Yeah, thanks. Now go destroy AAA Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3252 on: December 05, 2008, 06:26:26 AM

Red Alliance just reset AAA.  Previously, of course, they had been making Bob fleets log off in Insmother, but now they have reset Bob's Impass petsquad too and will, I guess, be available for hotdrop fun  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Twitter - Endieposts

Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #3253 on: December 05, 2008, 06:50:43 AM

Red Alliance just reset AAA.  Previously, of course, they had been making Bob fleets log off in Insmother, but now they have reset Bob's Impass petsquad too and will, I guess, be available for hotdrop fun  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

This is good news. From what I've heard in the past, these guys are a strong side. I am slightly surprised that they reset -A- though, I thought they had a strong relationship. Is this going to be announced on CAOD?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2008, 07:06:58 AM by Predator Irl »

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #3254 on: December 05, 2008, 12:32:36 PM

Red Alliance (and LoD/SF/etc) really don't like Nync any more* and Evil Thug is taking orders from Nync. They're also not particularly fond of BoB, and Evil Thug is also taking orders from BoB.

*Something to do with getting pretty much every account the RA directors owned banned (originally perma-banned) at the start of the invasion of Delve while CCP investigated allegations of ISK-selling. This included most (all?) of their Titan pilots. Apparently, Nync was pretty much the cause of LoD and SF splitting from RA in the first place.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: