Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:02:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1969211 times)
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3115 on: November 21, 2008, 12:05:29 PM

If Cyvok didn't get his titan back because of dodgy undocumented aggro mechanics I very much doubt Razor will be reimbursed for any reason.  CCP won't want to set a precedent. 
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3116 on: November 21, 2008, 12:41:58 PM

To the surprise of no one BoB set AAA blue, a move southward can't be far behind.  One way to spin abject failure I guess.

Can't wait to fly with Goons again.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3117 on: November 21, 2008, 12:46:06 PM

*siezes his chest and collapses to the floor with a shock. He gasps, and his last words are.. "Remember LV!"

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3118 on: November 21, 2008, 12:56:42 PM

I'm also glad to get this system out the way in case Bob, having failed up north, decide that chasing on the coattails of the EbAAAy coalition is the best way to get their participation back: their announcement a few days ago that their capital fleet is to go "rest" for a couple of weeks does sound kinda like a cover story after their repeated failures up north.  The upside of that would be that it would be nice to have serial-Bob-beaters Pandemic Legion down here again awesome, for real

Hohoho called it: I've been saying this here and on the GF boards for days.

Bob lost in the south, lost up north, and are now relying on blobbing up with AAA, SE, R.O, Coven and the rest (and doubtless Exe, Goodfellas et al) to try and scrape a win, somehow.  I'm waiting for Molle to post the post-Max-Damage campaign report  Ohhhhh, I see.

Meanwhile, AAA, SE, R.O et al gave up and sold out inside a week after repeated hammering by goons, before our allies even really arrived in force  awesome, for real  Hopefully this one will escalate yet further: I love a good universe-wide war.

Edit: Gonna be a long, hard weekend, though...  I imagine VNG is going to see one hell of a blob aimed at breaking our constellation sov.  Hard to see how those numbers can fail, too.  Course, we lost a lot of space before 9-9, too...

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #3119 on: November 21, 2008, 01:04:05 PM

*Goes on holiday for a week*
*Comes back and reads TWR*

swamp poop

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3120 on: November 21, 2008, 01:08:00 PM

Heh I wasn't going to say this but during the Op this morning someone said "shrikes online" and all of a sudden there was mass laughter on Teamspeak and people going "Oh I wish that would happen" If Mollie thinks the goons are terrified now he is going to have the same rude awakening hes been having to spin away for the last 3 years.

And reading the thread his big plan is "leave pets in north to keep North busy while bob goes down and uses nasty Southerners as shields and tries to claim victory..."

The guy has not had a new idea in his skull since 2005.

Hic sunt dracones.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #3121 on: November 21, 2008, 01:10:23 PM

Indeed, the deja-vu is strong in this one.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #3122 on: November 21, 2008, 03:25:31 PM

Of course underestimating the GBC with AAA would be a bad move.

Remember Ascendant Frontier who used to hold the space that the Goons now own?
I cannot recall but they made the mistake of underestimating Bob too.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3123 on: November 21, 2008, 03:52:19 PM

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3124 on: November 21, 2008, 04:00:13 PM

Um, you do know that last time Bob and their pets tried this we ended up in Delve?

Bob just have different pets this time.

Edit: of course, the bulk of Bob's pets last time didn't start the fight hating them...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 04:02:38 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3125 on: November 21, 2008, 04:06:37 PM

Hi Bob.

Sorry if you think the recent performance of you beloved alliance is anything close to the dominance you tried to project in 2005-2006 you need your head examined.

I've fought Bob Before. The Goons nave fought you before. The North has fought you before. Until ASCN fell apart from internal issues they were taking territory off you. Do you honestly we are actually all that scared of you? Remember the 6 weeks it too for you to take FAT (which only fell in the end due to an influx of people from the north and an overlong downtime) The campaign to take it back lasted 3 days. see here

Do you honestly believe anything you can bring would be any shock?

So you think for a single second you would be down here if you had been making any headway at all up north?

If you were shit hot how come the loss of the remote DD caused their entire empire to fall? Remember RISE etc? Remember how all the allies they had before did them so much good?

If BOB thought they were still hot shit do you think they would be teaming up with AAA, Stain and the rest??

Your actions bely your propaganda. Sure it will be rough, but if you maintain a week of active participation after you start getting raped I'll be totally shocked. You are just another alliance and in a fair world you would be the junior partner in the Axis of Ebay. Accept it.

Hic sunt dracones.
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #3126 on: November 21, 2008, 04:13:18 PM

lulz. BoB being BoB, but I still remember Evil Thug's rather decisive statements about alling with BoB (they were in the style of not in this life and over my and especially their dead bodies).
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3127 on: November 21, 2008, 04:21:57 PM

lulz. BoB being BoB, but I still remember Evil Thug's rather decisive statements about alling with BoB (they were in the style of not in this life and over my and especially their dead bodies).

This is what has been causing the most laughter.  I mean, I have a degree of respect for Bob and particularly their ability to motivate large numbers of supercap pilots into locking down systems.  That was a hard fight that took a year and wound both sides into exhaustion.  But Evil Thug is having to eat massive humble pie, and swallow a lot of words to come crawling to Molle for help.

I also think that AAA may have caused themselves long term problems: do they really think they can wipe us from the map before the people who are on a roll from the Bob campaign mop up the north (no offense Slay but Goodfellas hold a lot of space with very few pilots, many of whom are very recent additions) and come looking for Max part 2?  I would accept having Bob against us if it meant we had PL on our side.  Bob pride themselves on having a lot of enemies: given their lack of progress so far, do AAA want them, too?

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #3128 on: November 21, 2008, 06:02:55 PM

I've got no illusions about Goodfellas vrs. all of the North. Triumvirate helps and we bloody their noses, maybe crack a rib...but in all actuality Goodfella's controlled Deklein is probably a lost cause without some other major force or NC turmoil (which they have made i this long, I'd see no reason why they won't now).

I just haven't felt like logging in for about a month. Who knows what's to come.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #3129 on: November 21, 2008, 11:36:16 PM

look at all that Ultraviolence.  I am jealous =(
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #3130 on: November 21, 2008, 11:47:55 PM

Someone sum all this shit up for me, the non-EVE playing guy. I take it that after being humbled by goons, BoB decided to go beat up someone up north and got repulsed?

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #3131 on: November 22, 2008, 01:51:32 AM

Yes, and now they are using the AAA vs Goon war down south as an excuse to leave the north and join up with their former 'bitter enemies' AAA (who pretty much ran into a wall with their Pearl Harbor style assault on Goon territory) to do some Goon killing.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 01:53:19 AM by lac »
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #3132 on: November 22, 2008, 07:14:15 AM

Someone sum all this shit up for me, the non-EVE playing guy. I take it that after being humbled by goons, BoB decided to go beat up someone up north and got repulsed?

History, more or less, since the Goons came, will get more detailed the closer we get to today.

At first there was the North, RA, TCF, V, LV, BoB, and ASCN.

LV and V are shooting RA in the East

BoB is killing ASCN In the South, moves into their space and sits on their laurels

Goons go to the East and ally with RA and TCF, kill V, move on to LV

Goons and RA are about halfway done with killing LV when BoB declares "we're stealing your targets" takes a system, loses a titan and then gives driven back all the way through the south to their stronghold in the south west.

All the while, the North is messing around with minor threats

GS gets together the largest collation of forces Eve has ever seen and fails feebly at the black gate[Fuck titans, seriously]

Collation falls apart and everyone goes back to beating up minor threats/mooks for a while.

RA breaks apart into two factions, the farmers and the fighters.The farmers start running complexes in GS space and GS doesn't attack them mainly out of respect and a campaign that is an utter slaughter drawing our attention away.

BoB declare MAX damage in the North and move to attack them. BoB take smoe minor systems then lose every major capital battle they are involved in.

Meanwhile, Goon/farmer relations are falling, goons want to use the complexes that they fought for and were theirs. Farmers say no, and there are some skirmishes followed by the Farmers paying AAA, an alliance known for strong capital warfare to attack GS.

AAA flail feebling against the gates.

BoB declare victory in the North and declare they will be joiing with AAA[once their mortal enemies] to eradicate GS

What happens next? Do AAA and BoB make headway into Goonspace? Does the North steamroll BoBs pets in the east down into Delve? How many systems will TCF ninja from BoB and AAA? Will the Roleplayers get involved?

Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3133 on: November 22, 2008, 07:32:35 AM

I'll add that of the biggest coalition ever gathered, the vast majority of them just sat at home carebearing it up once their little bit of space had been secured.  Only ever saw GS, RA, Razor, PL and TCF in Delve.

Also Delve wasn't lost because of titan abuse.  It was more Goon boredom after having stomped pretty much unopposed through several regions pulling down endless POSes.  Followed by a huge morale hit when their true brosefs RA pulled out of the war (taking the Goon lead FC with them) to beat up on some irrelevant pets in the drone regions.

I don't expect a replay when the Goon homeland is under threat.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3134 on: November 22, 2008, 07:57:09 AM

Goons and RA are about halfway done with killing LV when BoB declares "we're stealing your targets" takes a system, loses a titan and then gives driven back all the way through the south to their stronghold in the south west.

Actually it was "Chowdown, were stealing your targets," Followed by 4 days of total BOB humiliation, which included Shrike nearly losing his titan twice. Then D2 invaded fountain and BOB said "we'll be right back!" and fled, failing miserably at dislodging D2 for over a month, before finally getting MC to do it for them. Orange Species' new titan helped by repeated DDing his own side, while BOB stayed at home engaged in Fuckfuckfuckbuildsupercapsnownownow

Only ever saw GS, RA, Razor, PL and TCF in Delve.

And IAC. At least I was bloody there. And we were defiantly active in stopping BOBs battle of the bulge advance into Catch (5 weeks to take FAT LOL) while the goons wrapped up 2 regions. And we were also busy clearing up outpost systems where BoB made silly mistakes like pulling everyone out before a tower had been fully repaired so they could blob up QY6, and then lost an outpost system when we swooped in to kill it...

{edit} readability
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 03:12:34 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3135 on: November 22, 2008, 03:40:45 PM

From a Morsus Mihi guy on Scrapheap Challenge* talking about Bob's Max Damage debacle:

This campaign will end Tuesday when all the last towers from the GBC will have been removed.

[snipped stats about how they hammered Bob]

Was good fun. We still have alot of clean-up, but we expect to be heading down south soon.

Like I said, I wonder if AAA really wanted to involve themselves with the baggage Bob bring with them?  Goons, TCF and UNL probably didn't have enough in the way of numbers to take much AAA territory outside of Feythabolis even if we had decided to do so.  But with two or three hundred more caps and another dozen titans, who knows?

*I hate that passive-aggressive bitchfest but the Max Damage threads have been so hilarious I couldn't stop for a while

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3136 on: November 24, 2008, 04:05:07 AM

Goonswarm's headlong retreat from 0.0 at the hands of the GBC and its eBaying minions continues at a disastrous pace.  Today, in VNG-, which the combined fleets of Stain, Coven, Red Overlord, AAA et al have been victoriously about to take from us for ten days now, our fleet, despite being heavily outnumbered in capitals and sub-capitals, and facing numerous titans, decided to engage against the odds.  Capital pilots were instructed to take out platinum insurance for this deathride, so that our mining operations in empire could, at least, be carried out in faction-fitted hulks.

Things did not go as planned, however :(  Instead of gloriously insurance-frauding our paltry remaining assets and being able to pod back to Orvolle for our new life, freed from the shackles of pos warfare, we found ourselves shredding the enemy support fleet, before out-killing the enemy capitals by a substantial margin.

Particular comedy value attaches to eBay preferred-seller RaSatan, who lost his second carrier in two days.  Such losses must really eat into one's ISK-to-dollars

In other news, Bob seem poised to dramatically and victoriously push us out of Scalding Pass.  Given that we announced our withdrawal from that and the north-east around a month before the current war began, this is a truly brave move into the terrifying vacuum of empty space which I, for one, welcome (along with the people it may well eventually pull into the conflict on our side).

Twitter - Endieposts

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #3137 on: November 24, 2008, 04:15:40 AM

2 carriers in 2 days? That is bad for an alliance, let alone a single fucking person.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3138 on: November 24, 2008, 04:22:26 AM

Well, we seem to have just killed something very close to thirty hostile capitals.

The great thing is that this is yet another stellar showing from capfleet miles outside of traditional goonswarm primetime.

Twitter - Endieposts

JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #3139 on: November 24, 2008, 05:16:36 AM

You also lost around 30 capitals and the tower you were defending  ACK!
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #3140 on: November 24, 2008, 05:24:48 AM

Edit: ^^ Your numbers are way off.

In other news, Bob seem poised to dramatically and victoriously push us out of Scalding Pass.  Given that we announced our withdrawal from that and the north-east around a month before the current war began, this is a truly brave move into the terrifying vacuum of empty space which I, for one, welcome (along with the people it may well eventually pull into the conflict on our side).
I still think we should just hand SP over to Jade Constantine/Jericho Faction - free, gratis and for nothing.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3141 on: November 24, 2008, 05:40:43 AM

You also lost around 30 capitals and the tower you were defending  ACK!

If you were only out by 50% you would be considerably more accurate than this.  I think you are talking about what we killed.

Hey, that's a third of the capital kills BoB managed in their whole NC campaign!  You should be congratulating us on not losing 70-odd dreads to do it :(

Edit: also rest assured, Joe: we replaced the tower, onlined it safely and are now working on the hostile ones, so I think a few hundred million for a tower as bait is worth a 50%  margin on cap kills.  And the timezone coverage by an all-goon capfleet!  In all seriousness it beggars belief: for most goons it is now 9am.   It was nearly 5am Goontime when we engaged.  For the Russians the times are 5pm and 1pm respectively.

Second Edit: Joe I suspect I see the BDCI hanger-on on Scrapheap Challenge you got your figures from.  Even he revised his figures within minutes (not quite far enough, though).  Also, Evil Thug apologised on caod.ru for fucking up the FCing to let us win.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 06:38:48 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #3142 on: November 24, 2008, 06:15:58 AM

Particular comedy value attaches to eBay preferred-seller RaSatan, who lost his second carrier in two days.  Such losses must really eat into one's ISK-to-dollars

Actually, I think it was his third.  Night before last, R.O. lost two carriers in and around "our" system.  The other pilot is believed to be his alt.  Then later he lost this one just mentioned in VNG.

Witty banter not included.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3143 on: November 24, 2008, 09:09:36 AM

Spot the goons.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3144 on: November 24, 2008, 10:12:27 AM

During the Delve campaign, we named that blob "Lady Scarlet", after the fat attention-whore of the same name who commanded Bob fleets with alarming incompetence.  Eventualy, CCP made it bannable to mention her name in association with size in local, on the forums etc...

Twitter - Endieposts

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3145 on: November 24, 2008, 10:20:49 AM

The AAA perspective. Bolded the most important/most amusing part.

Morris Falter
The Collective
Against ALL Authorities    
This is accurate. Kills and losses look around even, but its going to be a little time before that comes out totally. The tally won't change that much (+/- two or three caps, something like that).

Goonswarm dreads came in at range, but looks like they stuffed up the cyno mark as it was about 120km? from our dreads. I guess this was an alarm clocked op for goonfleet..?

While doomsday damage remains bugged, our advantage in terms of supercaps will be unavailable. This has benefits for us and for opponents - the recent fight we had in C9N, for example, probably wouldn't have happened if TCF could have used titans with impunity. For opponents it means no titan ganks (unless we do something stupid, which wouldn't be unprecedented..) as they are not being used just now.

I've not personally seen anything from bob yet, apart from x10zx2zx81spectrum or whatever convoing me to say "DO THIS NOOB" in a most disagreeable manner considering it was 2am, and refusing to tell me who his main is! Anyone feel like enlightening me on this?

If this ends up like the fight we had in sv5, then this is just round one, so any side claiming victory at this stage would be premature. It will, undoubtedly, escalate.

(tldr: MADDE PROPPES)

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3146 on: November 24, 2008, 08:45:02 PM

BoBs plans to fight good fights against goon shaped pieces of empty space is going swimmingly. Shrike/Mollie proved his superior skills at PVP by losing his alt's Arazu to a Goonie T1 drone cruiser packing t1 drones.

http://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/265897

Nice
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 08:47:30 PM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3147 on: November 25, 2008, 01:08:10 AM

How can this be?  Is it possible that sitting in a titan playing "push butan to win" doesn't make you a good PvPer after all?!?

Twitter - Endieposts

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #3148 on: November 25, 2008, 01:46:35 AM

How can this be?  Is it possible that sitting in a titan playing "push butan to win" doesn't make you a good PvPer after all?!?

butan is brokan

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3149 on: November 25, 2008, 02:03:53 AM

It was an Arbi  Heart

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: