Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:02:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1969023 times)
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2870 on: October 15, 2008, 06:04:46 AM

It's funny that quite a few people in both IAC's leadership and that of ISS were Scots.  Nothing we like better than a good schism.  Maybe one lot were Huns and the others were Tims?

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #2871 on: October 15, 2008, 11:43:47 AM

Quote from: Endie
Stuff I will not Pyramid!
Back when UK had outposts in Providence (one they built one they got from crumbling ISS) there was a fascinating situation.  Both sides left the honest neutrals alone.  So if you did not support one side against the other in combat ops you were fairly safe from the back and forth engagements.  One day UK decided anyone who flew in our section of Providence or had CVA friendly in bio etc.. was hostile and would be shot.

I think its safe to say that before their announcement, CVA had much more support among the low-sec Domain locals than U.K. did. At least, iirc, MRCH was shooting U.K. long before they decided to declare everyone not neutral, and i like to think we were one of the larger non-sov forces in the area at the time.

I'm actually surprised they abandon ship over this.
Slackers endured significantly more drama a few months back, when Angelonico emorage quit the Amarr militia after having provoked a civil war.
Much more flak had been fired than this time around...

Angelonico went to low-sec? Heh.
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #2872 on: October 15, 2008, 02:22:07 PM

Here's an update from a different region of Eve.

UGH and our friends have been fighting Foundait0n in Great Wildlands (NPC 0.0, few stations) for a number of weeks now. The campaign has gone the way the fight we had last night went.

UGH&friends chased off an FDN gatecamp in GW without a fight. Our countercamp lasted about half an hour before FDN showed up to retake the gate. They brought a few BS and support, and dropped a Chimera on our T2 cruiser and mixed T1 gang. We scattered with roughly equal losses on both sides (would have been better for our side but an Ishtar pilot made a miscalculation with drone aggro), then came back in RR BS to take down the carrier. They brought in a second carrier and a Nyx, so we deaggressed and went home. Nyx got two BS.

http://uninvitedguests.info/KB/?a=kill_related&kll_id=8149 (doesn't have two friendly losses despite my best attempts to post them)

Sometimes FDN has no online cap support, and the KB looks better for us. Sometimes we bring more BS, and don't lose any when the caps land. This was the first time I'd seen the Nyx, and only the second time he's gotten some of our guys. Occasionally the RR is so great that there's stalemate and everyone goes home sad.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2873 on: October 15, 2008, 05:14:47 PM

Foundation are strange.  It's like they actively do all they can to avoid fun fights.  In Catch, someone would say "90-man Foundation battleship gang coming through Curse" and everyone would stay out the way while they sat around on an undock.  If you fought them in Great Wildlands you were absolutely certainly giong to get your six-man roaming gang hot-dropped if you stood still for 5 minutes.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2874 on: October 15, 2008, 08:09:07 PM

Foundation are strange.  It's like they actively do all they can to avoid fun fights.  In Catch, someone would say "90-man Foundation battleship gang coming through Curse" and everyone would stay out the way while they sat around on an undock.  If you fought them in Great Wildlands you were absolutely certainly giong to get your six-man roaming gang hot-dropped if you stood still for 5 minutes.

I can confirm this.  I think they dropped 3 carriers on our 8 man gang in GW?
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #2875 on: October 15, 2008, 09:12:45 PM

Foundation are strange.  It's like they actively do all they can to avoid fun fights. 

Is that were Dark learned how to PvP ? Rimshot

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #2876 on: October 17, 2008, 10:41:48 AM

I can confirm this.  I think they dropped 3 carriers on our 8 man gang in GW?
Confirmed again. The best anti-speed gang ship is clearly the Thanny.

Edit: applied green.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 12:20:25 PM by dwindlehop »
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2877 on: October 17, 2008, 11:12:11 AM

Faction neuts, 30-km webs and fighters = rape?
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2878 on: October 17, 2008, 01:46:32 PM

More like, let's see if your stupid cap ship can lock my arbitrator before I warp.  Nope, you missed again. 

And anyone fitting a carrier out for solo small gang busting (or even 2 or 3 cap ships set that way) deserves to lose the ship to half a dozen T1 cruisers.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2879 on: October 17, 2008, 04:16:23 PM

Another day of battles against Stain and their hangers-on.  They had a three towers coming out reinforced: we killed two the conventional way, and they tried to use an old exploit on the third where you offline it when it is coming out of reinforced and it comes back up with 50% shields.  Instead, we got it below 25% shields before it onlined, they couldn't restront, and we killed it, too.

Obviously, the pos-shotting was much as ever: the great thing was the series of running battles around the towers, where the numerical advantage swapped back and forth from lunchtime through until about 9pm.

Fighting Stain is great.  They just keep coming back, even in ships with 40% structure damage, and they keep tons of spare ships inside shields.  The result is that you can win three or four engagements over a couple of hours but they just keep attacking, and podding is very important to whittle them down.  Atlas provide padding for their numbers, but less and less so as they become more and more broke and beaten.  Similarly, there were only a few Coven there.  We were mainly Anzac and Euro goons, with a decent number of UNL and RA coming along too about halfway through, and they tipped the balance decisively.

Lag was, as is more and more normal now, pretty much zero: despite 400-odd in the system, reloading took a few seconds, but locking and activation were close to instant.  There are still reliability issues at the moment, but fair play to CCP: they've made massive strides on the lag front.

I was on an alt, so just in a scorp, which I've not flown in big fleet battle before.  Great fun, of course, and only getting popped by the tower did for me in the end.  I don't know exactly who won in K/D terms, especially as Stain swapped their KB to be passworded immediately after the last tower popped (presumably because of heavy load from goons and UNL trying to scrape kills off it).  But we held the field after every engagement, got a load of loot (including a ton of faction pos fittings), killed three towers and reinforced another for our US prime.

And with so little lag our remote repping was pretty awesome.  For an example, check this lossmail: http://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/256059

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2880 on: October 18, 2008, 04:26:31 PM

In the North, Deklein specifically, Pandemic Legion hot dropped a shitton of dreads on a Goodfellas POS cleaning exercise right after downtime. Goodfellas loses were heavy, roughly 15 caps caught and killed. Well executed.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2881 on: October 18, 2008, 05:44:44 PM

It was 12 dreads kills and 4 carriers at like 5:30AM server time, not right after downtime.  But yeah.  PL losses were a heavy dictor and a cov ops.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2882 on: October 18, 2008, 07:54:20 PM

Anything that happens before I log on is right after downtime ;) What exactly was the point of your post again ? lol

On a sad note, I was suicide ganking and scanned a guy named 'RougeOperator'

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2883 on: October 18, 2008, 08:16:56 PM

And with so little lag our remote repping was pretty awesome.  For an example, check this lossmail: http://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/256059

OK, I was asked today in chat why I thought that that killmail was in any way interesting.

It's a Myrmidon hurricane and it took 306,777 damage, after resists.  in other words, it probably took about a million in damage to kill from pretty much the entire Stain fleet.

Edit: got the ship type right this time vvv
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 08:42:21 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2884 on: October 18, 2008, 08:23:42 PM

Yeah i instantly recognized that you guys kept up a cane through way too much damage :)

Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2885 on: October 18, 2008, 08:57:54 PM

Anything that happens before I log on is right after downtime ;) What exactly was the point of your post again ? lol

Mainly epeen stroking, I don't often get to comment in the war thread now you're all talking about confusing northern crap.  It was a very nice hotdrop though, zero lag and a plan which came off beautifully.
VickeVire
Terracotta Army

Reply #2886 on: October 19, 2008, 04:18:10 AM

TRI lost a mom (+ some other caps) to TCF/KIA the other day but apart from that they are very good at dismembering our subcap fleets ACK!
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2887 on: October 19, 2008, 08:24:37 AM

Mainly epeen stroking, I don't often get to comment in the war thread now you're all talking about confusing northern crap.  It was a very nice hotdrop though, zero lag and a plan which came off beautifully.

Were you hoping someone would post this hot-drop so that you wouldn't have to be the initiator? If so, you are quite welcome and well done :)

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2888 on: October 23, 2008, 08:50:26 PM

Atlas has been back over the last few days for round three at a high sec entry to Providence.  Not sure why.  More boat violence.  In other news, 21 outposts in Providence now ;)  I think 21 anyhow.  Stay tuned, true believers!
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2889 on: October 23, 2008, 09:07:19 PM

Atlas must be looking for new targets since we threw them out of Esoteria.  Again.  They must like ping-ponging between there and Providence.  Say hi to Bobby Atlas for us!
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2890 on: October 23, 2008, 09:49:45 PM

Not seen him yet.  We only want him in faction fit Ishtars anyhow!  *Bars the door*
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2891 on: October 24, 2008, 01:51:02 AM

You obviously are precluded from reading Kugutsumen by the purity of your RPing: the leaks from Atlas, after we chucked them out of A-C again recently, said that they were heading back to Providence.

Given that my own record against Coatse (COven ATlas STain Empire, for those who don't know that one) is something like 120 kills and two losses, one of them due to getting bored and warping an eagle to zero on a capfight, I suspect that Atlas will suffer pretty badly at the hands of the Holders.

PS you see the locus nerf to pulse apocs on Sisi?  What will you Amarr do now that your Zone of Certain NanoDeath is restricted to only 97km or so?!?  Oh yeah, nano will be dead at the same time...  awesome, for real

Twitter - Endieposts

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2892 on: October 24, 2008, 07:21:52 AM

HEHE!  Yeah the locus change does not make us gleeful, but we have known it was coming (and fair play enough).  Believe it or not there are important reasons for the range to be a bit over 100.  The change in nano will certainly mitigate much of the need for the pulsepoc anyhow.  We WILL milk it for all it is worth though.  Last night we were goofing about in HED with AAA saw a couple Atlas as well but they did not stick around.

Abaddon with domi MWD.  Some people have far more money than they should.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2893 on: October 25, 2008, 02:36:15 AM

LONE GONE TERRIFIES CVA INTO INACTION AND STATION HIDING (j/k)

I just concluded a tour of our old stomping grounds in Providence and Catch, confirming docking rights in a few AAA stations and saying hello to some new members of Aegis Militia while hanging out in local.  Unfortunately, I had also planned on being podded back to a useful spot in empire but that wish went unfulfilled so now I'm kind of stranded in Catch surrounded by people who don't speak my language.

It was pretty fun and I got to be a nuisance in local.  Gooned it up a little.  Unfortunately, Catch seems to be really boring in the extremely late US time zone.  Lots of AAA around and not many people left for them to fight.
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #2894 on: October 25, 2008, 10:08:07 AM

I noticed that 25S and FAT are still in AAA hands.  Is this a record for how long someone's kept those systems?

Witty banter not included.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2895 on: October 25, 2008, 11:55:22 AM

What Phildo fails to mention is my telling people in the area he was harmless (and in a shuttle?)

I also offered to pod him but the offer was rejected.  =(

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2896 on: October 25, 2008, 12:03:17 PM

My griefing is once again foiled by the diplomats.  Damn you and your many secret layers of communication!
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #2897 on: October 25, 2008, 12:03:53 PM

You can self destruct your pod that way noone gets a free killmail.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2898 on: October 25, 2008, 12:31:26 PM

Not fooling me for a second,  I know about the secret invasion plan.  For shame!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2899 on: October 26, 2008, 03:01:14 PM

Unless my informer is very much mistaken Sir Molle is the first pilot to lose two titans.

Edit: Yes he is.  Bob are now trying to save a second titan that was tackled.

Edit: re the second titan that's just the usual over-excited rumour stuff, apparently.  But still looks like a nice morale boost for the north.

"Max Damage".
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 03:31:40 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2900 on: October 26, 2008, 03:08:13 PM

o_0. and I was just about to post how Endie has lost his touch. Even all the goonswarm trolls on caod have come out of the woods.

PS. There is no second titan. spank your sources a bit.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2901 on: October 26, 2008, 03:33:19 PM

o_0. and I was just about to post how Endie has lost his touch. Even all the goonswarm trolls on caod have come out of the woods.

PS. There is no second titan. spank your sources a bit.

Was just correcting that and noticed your post when I pressed update.

Shrike is slow posting his lossmail :(  But all the killboards are sluggish.  All i can find is three BoB capital losses, and I'll bet they won't have missed the opportunity to kill a bunch of northern dreads that are intent on sticking around. vOv

PS If you're there then tell us what's up.  It'll be our secret, honest :D
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 03:43:27 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2902 on: October 26, 2008, 05:11:19 PM

Since Joe is selfishly refusing to keep us up to date, and most of the killboards are totally borked through load, all we can see at the moment is that Bob lost a titan and (almost certainly) a mothership, and that the sides exchanged capital kills between their fleets.

Historically, Bob has always handled high lag conditions far better than opponents (I speak from long experience of being those opponents) so you'd expect the ordinary capital and sub-capital kills to be hugely skewed towards them.  The one slight hope is that all the rather less glorious "pubbie" members they've been picking up in the last year might dilute that a bit, but that's pure speculation without any idea of what actually happened.  They may still have taken down half the northern capfleet, shattered support and broken even on the night vOv.  I think that MM held the field and will get any loot that didn't get popped.

Twitter - Endieposts

Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2903 on: October 26, 2008, 05:54:59 PM

PL support fleet that just happened to be in the area was popping shit left and right.  There's a shit ton of missing mails as I type this.  The Evol Nyx mail is also MIA (that definately went down, someone whored the wreck).  BoB 'n' pals pulled a massive control-Q after they lost the MS and saved a good deal of their caps including a second bubbled mothership.

The lag was unlike anything I've ever seen, tons of module lag but you could manuver and warp around fairly normally.  Grid load was also pretty fast, took me only a few minutes to load the main clusterfuck.

Sadly we didn't get there in time to whore on Shrike's mail.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 06:00:08 PM by Sparky »
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2904 on: October 26, 2008, 10:55:46 PM

Dead or dying Titan:
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: