Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:32:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1969174 times)
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #2835 on: September 30, 2008, 06:18:27 AM

And I THINK they still hold some sov in Catch.  Maybe?

I think the MB- station is still in their hands.  F4R is, however, not.

Witty banter not included.
VickeVire
Terracotta Army

Reply #2836 on: September 30, 2008, 08:23:41 AM

i was in M-O, I crashed and couldn't get back in.

Joe, sure there were some NC that got back in but zero losses on your side says one thing only... luck flipped your way this time. No 'uber' FC'ing or 'major' fuck-up. Just be happy you could shoot 33 idle dreads and 1-2 mom's

About 500 subcap ships slipped through double DD at the E-O gate. Heard that the two titans only got about 30ish kills. I myself was lucky to sneak in between the DD's. awesome, for real
It's a shame node crashed when the fight at 9-8 was about to get serious.

JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2837 on: September 30, 2008, 01:14:47 PM

We're killing that 500 now :P

(this time I didn't get in, doh)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 01:17:08 PM by JoeTF »
VickeVire
Terracotta Army

Reply #2838 on: September 30, 2008, 01:49:06 PM

yeah... and I'm out of game too, trying to get in...  swamp poop

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2839 on: October 04, 2008, 02:31:06 AM

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2840 on: October 06, 2008, 03:12:00 PM

IAC have now lost all their sovereignty in Catch.  Ouch.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2841 on: October 06, 2008, 10:34:53 PM

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2842 on: October 06, 2008, 10:42:43 PM

I would not read much into that ;)
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2843 on: October 06, 2008, 11:36:32 PM

I'd throw my own two cents into that thread myself but I think that since I have a Goonswarm tag now it might be inappropriate.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2844 on: October 07, 2008, 06:55:04 AM

gotta protect that goon public image! 

Anyway, they are throwing a public tantrum, lying about almost everything and being hostile.  *shrug*

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #2845 on: October 07, 2008, 06:41:31 PM

Wait we have a public image now?

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2846 on: October 07, 2008, 08:44:03 PM

Yeah, doing things like this:

Story: Coming back from unsuccessfully attacking the Caldari titan in Luminaire, we decided to suicide our expendable fleet in front of the Jita 4-4 station.  Image depicts us killing a caldari navy raven succesfully before being Concordokkened.  I got off exactly one volley before I and my drones were warp-scrampled, ECMed, etc.  The only way to follow this up was to undock seconds later in noobships and shuttles and clutter the undock with more useless wrecks than the salvage vultures knew what to do with.  We managed to get about three noobship volleys done before war targets showed up to go for our pods.

For several minutes later, local was a mess with people warping to the station and being bewildered by the amount of Concord that showed up.
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #2847 on: October 07, 2008, 09:06:43 PM

It is reasonable that Militias would be a haven for piracy and that CVA wouldn't give pirates a free pass for being in the militias

"Me am play gods"
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2848 on: October 11, 2008, 04:08:07 PM

Tonight, Goonfleet, KIA and TCF went to Vale to kill things.  This would be a good plan, but for CCP.  If anyone goes to the fanfest, and they meet a member of CCP who admits to being anything to do with the 64-bit upgrade, punch them in their big fat faces for me.

We killed a mothership and a carrier straight off.  Then we killed another carrier.  Goodfellas and Tri kep their carriers slowboating out of their shields, and we were killing them as they came out.  30-odd scorpions and a bunch of recons and blackbirds were preventing the enemy from remote-repping, and everything was looking set for fun.  A hostile titan was deployed, it blew its DD for almost no effect, we had support ships on-grid burning for it while the main fleet killed capitals.  Then a third carrier was in structure...

Bang: node goes down.  We log back in and notice all of the capital and supercapital kills are rolled back.  Still, we engage the enemy fleet and again start killing battleships and carriers.

Bang, node goes down.  Rollback.

Bang, node goes down.

Bang, node goes down.

Bang, node goes down.

Bang, node goes down.

Bang, node goes down.

Node stays up.  (Personally, I manage to log back in, appear at a gate, and warp right back to the enemy fleet, where I was before the first crash (not inside a bubble).  Apparently, CCP reinforced the node now, because I immediately load grid, get locked down and die).  By this time tons of reinforcements have arrived for the enemy, while we, far from our bases, have dwindled as people die in the times rollbacks don't occur.  After the second or third crash and rollback, I get in at once and actually start in a one-on-one with a hostile in a tempest at a gate, and we just chat about how it doesn't matter as the loser would get their ship and the insurance back in a few minutes.

No, that is not an exaggeration of the number of times the node crashed: I think it was seven, others say eight.  We went from killing supercaps to frankly getting pounded on.  Not CCP's finest night.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #2849 on: October 12, 2008, 05:22:15 AM

When I read the first few lines I was cursing the fact that I didn't join up but after reading the rest I'm glad I'm not playing at the minute. It certainly sounds like that rollback kicked in a failure cascade and I would certainly be pissed off if I had taken part.

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2850 on: October 12, 2008, 06:21:41 AM

When I read the first few lines I was cursing the fact that I didn't join up but after reading the rest I'm glad I'm not playing at the minute. It certainly sounds like that rollback kicked in a failure cascade and I would certainly be pissed off if I had taken part.

Ach, even if we don't get killmails for it, both we and Tri know fine well that we were shredding their capital and supercapital fleet.  And we'll do it again.  With Bob suffering reverses at the same time against the Northern Coalition, and some other nice stuff on the horizon,

Plus, and I don't know if I'm the only person to have listened to the live dev blog, the speed changes go back onto the test server this week, and will be rolled out in the upcoming expansion.  From what was said by the devs, Tri will quit the game en masse at that point :D

On a personal note, I just added my third capital ship to my personal fleet, and have another carrier on order.  Those characters will be in dreads by November, while a third character will be in a carrier by then.  I don't like it, but that's the way the game plays these days.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2851 on: October 12, 2008, 08:52:48 AM

To be fair, did you guys bring in 500 ships and crash the node? :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2852 on: October 12, 2008, 11:21:00 AM

Actually, a large proportion of our fleet were kept next door, throughout, to avoid this, but we've brought more people to fights (and will again, after we finish some other stuff) and had nothing more than lag.  Since the 64-bit patch, stability has been awful.

The time we had Shrike tackled in Querious, there were 1200 people in before the node popped: Bob nearly ran out of fodder to bring it down with.  And it came back up and stayed up.  This time there were a lot less than half that, and it crashed 7 or 8 times (opinions vary).

Stil, it was fun when I wasn't staring at a blank screen: we got to kill a mothership and a bunch of caps, and we can do it again.  Together with the NC's performance (I'm really impressed with how they held up when shit was non-stop bad), it was a pretty good night.  The Daisho drama in particular made it memorably funny.

Twitter - Endieposts

Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #2853 on: October 12, 2008, 12:08:56 PM

Were you there, btw? I saw lots of Goodfellas on the overview.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2854 on: October 12, 2008, 07:45:50 PM

Nope, I was actually asking the question without it being bait or anything...I really wanted to know.

I have been fighting NC a long time. They seem to get beat up pretty good, but are persistant and have some good corps.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2855 on: October 13, 2008, 01:01:45 AM

I think Vedi was just wondering if we'd been fighting you, rather than it being "were you there, huh?  Well, were you?"

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2856 on: October 13, 2008, 06:18:16 AM

and nope I wasn't there. Maybe next time...though I miss a lot of Euro Ops.

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2857 on: October 13, 2008, 08:08:41 AM

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2858 on: October 13, 2008, 10:08:02 PM

For lack of anywhere else to put it.  Butters and the Hobo squad (now with 100% more UK) are bashing on CVA and saying things like we are not RPers.  Not that I really mind, other than having gone over this four or five times.  I do wish that people would get over the notion that in order to RP you have to say things like 'thee' and 'thou'.  It would also be nice if people would accept that involving non RP types in your RP does not infect you with some mystical non RP disease.  Oh well.

I would like to understand the logic behind regions with NPC outposts that can harbor anyone being 10x richer than regions without NPC outposts but maybe my brain just misfires. 
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2859 on: October 14, 2008, 01:15:29 AM

For lack of anywhere else to put it.  Butters and the Hobo squad (now with 100% more UK) are bashing on CVA and saying things like we are not RPers.  Not that I really mind, other than having gone over this four or five times.  I do wish that people would get over the notion that in order to RP you have to say things like 'thee' and 'thou'.  It would also be nice if people would accept that involving non RP types in your RP does not infect you with some mystical non RP disease.  Oh well.

I would like to understand the logic behind regions with NPC outposts that can harbor anyone being 10x richer than regions without NPC outposts but maybe my brain just misfires. 

I am only part-joking when I say that Goons are amongst the most consistent roleplayers in the game.  And we only saw "thee" and "thou" for a few weeks a year.

Since we have killed just about every alliance he has ever been in, Butterdog hates us with all his heart.  In between episodes of longing for that coveted invitation to Bob.  Does he dislike CVA because of the whole Providence/ISS outpost failure thing?  But what is the link between the Hobos and UK, now?

And amen on the NPC region thing.  My consistent hope is that CCP will introduce agents into player-controlled outposts, perhaps through some sort of outpost mod, thus allowing alliances to support more people in a system.  This would be best if coupled with changes to sov to make holding multiple regions more onerous.

Twitter - Endieposts

Terracotta Army

Reply #2860 on: October 14, 2008, 05:49:33 AM

Have you ever been to Pure Blind?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2861 on: October 14, 2008, 05:51:43 AM

Have you ever been to Pure Blind?

Pure Blind, Great Wildlands, Syndicate and others are not bugged.  However, Delve, Venal, Curse and one other (I think) do have the perfect-truesec bug.

Twitter - Endieposts

Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2862 on: October 14, 2008, 08:23:26 AM

Quote from: Endie
Stuff I will not Pyramid!

Well, CVA denied ISS an outpost, supported IAC against ISS and company and shot LOTS of ISS.  A few of them broke off to form hobos which where in Providence pirating.  At some point I think they were shooting UK, but then they started helping UK.  We lost a few cap ships during a fight ans hobos were crowing about how awesome they are.  They promptly vanished when we gained momentum. 

Hobos formed an Alliance(I think), left it, joined Insurgency, left it, and the big connection now?  Hobos JOINED UK.

Back when UK had outposts in Providence (one they built one they got from crumbling ISS) there was a fascinating situation.  Both sides left the honest neutrals alone.  So if you did not support one side against the other in combat ops you were fairly safe from the back and forth engagements.  One day UK decided anyone who flew in our section of Providence or had CVA friendly in bio etc.. was hostile and would be shot.

UK hate on us for breaking some sort of agreement that never existed.  We convinced the majority of Providence to cooperate with our UK removal efforts.  I see it as something very RP.  Amarrians convinced the populace that supporting law and order was a better option.  We won the PR game.  We also delivered on our word.

We received hate for involving the neutrals of Providence that UK were shooting.  Meanwhile UK had many notable pirates siding with them (EST motherships and the like).  Hobos were there, so were SF.  If we called UK pirates for this?  Hate.  9uy was a bit of a stalemate for a time.  CVA forces had 2-3 large towers up in system as operation points.  UK and company had managed to destroy one but would not engage the rest after a successful defense.  So we would camp station and get very few fights.  Even if we took out a few towers at once there were enough moons for them to simply put up more towers.  One night we put up a few more towers and sov switched (for a day) I am still not sure how this happened.   CVA were very surprised, none of us predicted it.  Our intent was put them in a position where they HAD to fight, and outpost camping did not work.  On the forums UK called us cheaters and mechanics abuses etc.  Eventually every moon in 9uy had a tower on it for one side or the other.  UK eventually lost and declared any ship in Providence not with them was against them.  Recently they recruited Hobos.  Now it is all tied together :P

Some of the details here are off, I know.  This is from a blury memory, time, and my not really thinking about it.  Accurate accounts are out there, I could not be bothered to find my notes or dig up threads.

Oh, I did petition UK one night for contributing to my Alcoholism :P  I would stay up late and lecture UK sitting in their outpost on the folly of their ways and the glory of the Empire.  Naturally drinking helped me get through those nights.  So, since UK were making me bored they contributed to my Alcoholism!  I actually did get a response.  Sadly the GM did not 'get' the humor and it was a straight arrow response.  You can seek counseling with various agencies depending on your country of origin deal.

Wall of text! 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 09:11:18 AM by Pezzle »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2863 on: October 14, 2008, 08:30:10 AM

Pyramidin' this for truth...

But I am interested in the stuff i asked about in the post before that one, about Butterpooch and UK.

Twitter - Endieposts

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2864 on: October 14, 2008, 08:44:28 AM

Pyramidin' this for truth...

But I am interested in the stuff i asked about in the post before that one, about Butterpooch and UK.

I love the Butterdawg.  His posts make CAOD more interesting.

Pyramid ftw!
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2865 on: October 14, 2008, 09:18:24 AM

Oh, and more with the above.  One of the reasons we stepped up our timetable against UK was they were down in Catch hammering on IAC along with all the mercs.  Reasoning was, pressure at home would see them come back.  I remember LV threatened us over that as well.  One day they even dropped a MS I think it was? On one of our systems.  Of course the two of us there  (I was one) could do little about it and it left a short time later.  That was about the extent of LV support.
Terracotta Army

Reply #2866 on: October 14, 2008, 11:33:25 AM

At the risk of shattering an illusion, on ISS vent Butter was one of the most boring, unremarkable voices I've ever heard (no offence intended, just an opinion) seemed a nice enough guy though.

Much more remarkable was the easten europe ISS FC who was only interested in "ERR HOW MANY BATTLESHEEP?" (at least thats what I thought he was saying) regardless of the HACs, Recons and Command Ships the other fleet had.

Mynas on the other hand is quite a character, but then again he is Scotish!

I did often wonder if Lilah talked as bad as s/he typed though but never got to fly with him/her
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2867 on: October 14, 2008, 09:35:43 PM

Slackers abandon Amarr FW blaming external forces claiming being friendly to Amarr and yet hostile (HEY I BET THEY MEAN CVA)  for the split.  Mind you, we have destroyed a whole 2 of their ships this YEAR in bleak lands.  One was in February (curse) one in October (sleipner).  The pressure must simply be overwhelming what with all our not caring or pressuring others.  I predicted this would happen soon, but wow, this was faster than any of us expected.
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #2868 on: October 15, 2008, 02:50:35 AM

I'm actually surprised they abandon ship over this.
Slackers endured significantly more drama a few months back, when Angelonico emorage quit the Amarr militia after having provoked a civil war.
Much more flak had been fired than this time around...

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
apocrypha
Terracotta Army

Planes? Shit, I'm terrified to get in my car now!

Reply #2869 on: October 15, 2008, 04:56:12 AM

Oh, I did petition UK one night for contributing to my Alcoholism :P  I would stay up late and lecture UK sitting in their outpost on the folly of their ways and the glory of the Empire.  Naturally drinking helped me get through those nights.  So, since UK were making me bored they contributed to my Alcoholism!  I actually did get a response.  Sadly the GM did not 'get' the humor and it was a straight arrow response.  You can seek counseling with various agencies depending on your country of origin deal.

Haha nice one :D  Shame you didn't get a GM with a better developed sense of humour.

5150 - I was in ISS briefly (left shortly after the loss of Marginis to IAC) and agree totally with what you said about the FC's there. Mynas was great. I have a vague memory that Lilah (Khan?) was also scottish and good fun to fly with, but it's a very vague memory - my brain is currently very fried with hefty painkillers :/  I do remember being on ISS vent when a couple of them baited a dictor pilot who'd been harassing people and took him out with a battle badger which was possibly one of the funniest things I've ever heard on vent :P

"Bourgeois society stands at the crossroads, either transition to socialism or regression into barbarism" - Rosa Luxemburg, 1915.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: