Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 07:07:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1968919 times)
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2800 on: September 14, 2008, 09:46:07 AM

Some Alliance name in ALL CAPS BECAUSE CAPS RULE

the name really does escape me now.  Actually I did KOS him his whole corp and Alliance :P  10 minutes later we had a nice resolution and everyone was friends again =)

The diplomatic horror stories I could tell you all... people wail on like I am Trogdor and I just burninated their village.  The worst are the he said she said bits.  My policy on those?  If I cannot figure out the cause or it is some murky personal stuff, no one gets to leave happy.

The Vanguard guy?  I think you are safe.  We can see what is happening there.  The whole situation is unfortunate.  Obviously better communication would have helped considerably.  That did not happen and here we are.  The blame game is rather pointless.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 09:57:02 AM by Pezzle »
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2801 on: September 14, 2008, 11:29:03 AM

And now we have new to Goons carriers being hostile in Yong.

So rude!
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2802 on: September 14, 2008, 11:30:25 AM

If I weren't currently stuck in Jita limbo, I'd help you blow them up.  To teach them a lesson or something.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2803 on: September 14, 2008, 01:00:43 PM

Yong station is very difficult to get cap kills on.  We have done it before but the dock range is huge.  Our gang was capable of killing caps but not in the bumping.   Since we were not dropping dreads on them, well.  Docky docky.

I just hope the increased presence of Goons (there was a gang again last night in Providence) is more a sign of the IAC business and whatever other thing Goons have happening nearby.  If it is that should all die down soon.  If it is a portent of violence coming to our area I will be sad.  For hostiles we have a nice reasonable leave each other alone *mostly* relationship with Goons that to this point seems to have suited both parties.

Oh, and Interstellar eXodus left Roadkill and joined Atlas.  HEHE
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 01:10:27 PM by Pezzle »
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2804 on: September 14, 2008, 04:15:28 PM

Isn't it about time for a new thread?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2805 on: September 14, 2008, 04:25:04 PM

Yong station is very difficult to get cap kills on.  We have done it before but the dock range is huge.  Our gang was capable of killing caps but not in the bumping.   Since we were not dropping dreads on them, well.  Docky docky.

I just hope the increased presence of Goons (there was a gang again last night in Providence) is more a sign of the IAC business and whatever other thing Goons have happening nearby.  If it is that should all die down soon.  If it is a portent of violence coming to our area I will be sad.  For hostiles we have a nice reasonable leave each other alone *mostly* relationship with Goons that to this point seems to have suited both parties.

Oh, and Interstellar eXodus left Roadkill and joined Atlas.  HEHE

I'm nothing official in GF, just a grunt, but I'd be astonished if we were planning anything against CVA.  Like, gobsmacked.  Roaming gangs are just a sign of being at the tail end of the Esoteria stuff, Darius being fine with folks doing their own stuff, and everyone knowing that CVA always get people together for a fight.   The wiki and forum references I've seen recently are still all positive about CVA.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Drugstore Space Cowboy
Terracotta Army

Reply #2806 on: September 14, 2008, 06:15:07 PM

Isn't it about time for a new thread?

Shush, you.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2807 on: September 14, 2008, 07:46:25 PM

No doubt that is accurate Endie.  But, I would not be doing my job as a paranoid irritable Amarrian (with big lazors) without getting suspicious and glaring!

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #2808 on: September 15, 2008, 02:12:41 AM

We've had 81 pages of war discussion with people from many different factions without it turning into propagandistic dickwaving or scorched earth pissing matches.  Don't fuck with the magic just because the war it was discussing petered out into very angry staring contests.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2809 on: September 15, 2008, 03:57:14 AM

I have consistently said that Apple Boy was toxic; bad news; an incompetent chucklehead who was almost certainly a spy.  I have mentioned the fact that Apple Boy killed me more times than Bob during the march through the south.  I have, in these very forums, stated that IAC were dumb to have accepted him after we threw him out, and I ordered our Bat Country gang to primary him in IAC space on our drunken op through Catch into Curse, despite him being blue.

Now we in whats over of IAC understand the hated towards this lame ass named Apple boy, he stole 20 deathstars and joined Axiom....

Our beloved leaders have sold IAC to -A-, and rumors says they stole 100b total, Apparantly Hachou (alliance leader) has a son in UN-L so JZV area is going to them.

And we thought Tyraxx was bad lol...

Here is the Eve-O link.

Bear in mind that Apple Boy was the one claiming that the leaders of IAC stole 100bn, and that that is therefore probably bullshit.  But I'm delighted that he is a GBC problem, now.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
sanctuary
Terracotta Army

Reply #2810 on: September 15, 2008, 04:18:28 AM

Endie you have it wrong, obviously that 100bn is the salvage that Appleboy collected whilst in IAC...AMIRITE!!!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2811 on: September 15, 2008, 04:24:15 AM

Endie you have it wrong, obviously that 100bn is the salvage that Appleboy collected whilst in IAC...AMIRITE!!!   DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Arf arf Apple Boy salvages IAC wreck etc...

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2812 on: September 15, 2008, 07:49:10 AM

Well, about time I chime in. In the North, Deklein specifically, the Goodfellas alliance with the help of some allies, are fighting the Northern Coallition (with it being Pure Sov). The weekend led to a great battle, probably my favorite time in a sniper BS. The engagement lasted about an hour and in the end I died to my first doomsday. I had a feeling it was coming, I chose to follow orders and warp to the FC instead of following me gut and bailing. Had I not taken considerable damage earlier in the fight from some enemy capitals I would have made it.

In the end we held the field, with cap losses on both sides and a fuckin huge mess of wrecks of all sorts. I'm used to unbearable lag in these fights, but this one turned out to be only 20 sec module delay :) Either way, should be interesting fights to come.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2813 on: September 15, 2008, 07:59:25 AM

Are you in Goodfellas now, rather than the reconstituted Tri?  Or are you just helping them out?

Pure is a good target, just like Hydra is for Tri.  Requiem's problem was deciding to go for a real PvP powerhouse like PL straight off, and failing broke them.  They should have picked an easier target at first.  IAC, if we are honest, since they were right next door in Curse.

Twitter - Endieposts

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2814 on: September 15, 2008, 08:02:13 AM

I enjoyed my experience under Apple Boy as FC.  It consisted of sitting around in a POS in FAT for several hours while he constantly got disconnected and issued no orders.  Then -A- started bubbling the POS and I logged rather than wait to get Doomsdayed.

To be fair, he was pretty useful the time he showed up to a major action in SV5 in a Black Ops and covert cynoed in all of our stealth ships around -A-'s blockade of the system.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2815 on: September 15, 2008, 08:12:19 AM

Are you in Goodfellas now, rather than the reconstituted Tri?  Or are you just helping them out?

Pure is a good target, just like Hydra is for Tri.  Requiem's problem was deciding to go for a real PvP powerhouse like PL straight off, and failing broke them.  They should have picked an easier target at first.  IAC, if we are honest, since they were right next door in Curse.

A lot of my old Viper Squad friends went to Goodfellas after the 1st TRI collapse. Rather than having to suck dick to try to get into cora or Doom (or drop a buncha names) I just chose a path a less resistance with friendly faces.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2816 on: September 15, 2008, 09:39:06 AM

We've had 81 pages of war discussion with people from many different factions without it turning into propagandistic dickwaving or scorched earth pissing matches.  Don't fuck with the magic just because the war it was discussing petered out into very angry staring contests.

--Dave

But the war is over.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2817 on: September 15, 2008, 10:20:30 AM

--Dave

But the war is over.

No it's just resting
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2818 on: September 15, 2008, 12:37:41 PM

Once BoB clears out the rest of the north and the Goons get bored of shooting at everyone in the south, they'll start fighting again I'm sure.  Who's left for them to fight at this point anyway?  Can BoB and AAA afford to grind each other's cap fleets to dust?
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2819 on: September 16, 2008, 10:03:02 PM

Black Rise - The Star Fraction completed the construction of an Erebus class Titan last week and has moved it into the Black Rise region for operations against the State Protectorate militia.

Fuck.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2820 on: September 16, 2008, 11:21:20 PM

upon this news announcement the Titan was renamed 'Plea for attention'

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2821 on: September 16, 2008, 11:42:29 PM

I'd be willing to temporarily NAP just about every single person in the game if we could kill this thing.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #2822 on: September 16, 2008, 11:43:22 PM

or it could be deployed somewhere near Providence? :P

Low sec Titan?  figure out max jump range, send out a frig scout.  should be simple enough to figure out if they plan to jump bridge in a blob.  If it is is 0.0?  Contact the local 0.0 power.  Unless SF already hopped into bed with them (and they might have) you have a nice task force.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 11:46:58 PM by Pezzle »
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #2823 on: September 17, 2008, 02:12:53 AM

...but only because "Wall of Text" was taken.

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #2824 on: September 17, 2008, 02:23:11 AM

I wish Nostalgia for Infinity fit.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2825 on: September 17, 2008, 02:32:10 AM

...but only because "Wall of Text" was taken.

I think you'll find that his original plan was to call it "Jade Constantine believes that the hegemonistic 0.0 powers - an area of space in which Jade Constantine has no interest and out of which Jade Constantine has definitely not been repeatedly and unceremoniously hurled - must be removed from their space which has grown static and stultified.  The rapidly-changing landscape in which multiple outposts change hands every week is a mere illusion perpetuated by the entrenched 0.0 (definitely not the sort of space jade Constantine is interested in, nor would Jade Constantine ever attempt and fail to be involved there) alliances and peoples' chosen play-styles must therefore be altered by fiat to conform with those preferred by Jade Constantine in which Jade Constantine can use Jade Constantine's huge T2 BPO collection to fund the griefing of tiny groups of casual players out of the game then boast about it on the Eve-Online forums while Jade Constantine role-plays receiving oral stimulation from DBPreacher and other sycophants' Erebus".  It just went over the character limit.

Twitter - Endieposts

Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #2826 on: September 17, 2008, 03:55:34 AM

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2827 on: September 21, 2008, 09:30:54 AM

Pure surrenders Deklein to Goodfellas.

gg

JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2828 on: September 29, 2008, 01:38:14 PM

m-o is a new Jita.
1000+ people, titans, 300 hundred caps, titans, all shooting each other.
Oh, and we managed to crash the super node (something the Jita carebears can't do:P) in 15 minutes.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2829 on: September 29, 2008, 01:48:50 PM

Did ya ever get to load the grid for this hawt action? :)

JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2830 on: September 29, 2008, 05:57:27 PM

For the part of the fight when system was running on supernode everyone loaded. Like, 400 GBC and 700 NC. Unfortunately, node died, ccp chickened out and put the server on shitty node which effectively limited amount of people who could log in to 650. They also did funny stuff like turning off guns until ~700 people logged into system. Then the slaughter started.

I was lucky to got in after crash. Light support mostly didn't loaded or died, so it was bs and caps vs another bunch of bs and caps. NC claims that everyone of them was blackscreened, but if that's true, then I want my 10 BS kills mailed to me like now (guns worked so so, but warping out was veeeery quick, so there was a lot of trading fire and last second escapes, at least for BSes).

Capitals from both sides warped on same cyno and quickly locked up themselves with conventional scramblers. Then the real slaughter started... around 40 vs 0 in cap kills, also two dead motherships on their side.

Killing some random dread at safe now.

EDIT:

Final tally is 39-9-2 (dreadnoughts-carriers-motherships) to 0-0-0. Yup, that's zero-zero-zeeeeeeeeero loses.

After some cold, post battle analysis I have to admit - NC really fucked that one big time. At one point they had three times as many capitals on the field (the blackscreen deaths is pure bullshit btw - every ship I shot at reacted by either warping of or shooting back and none of my friends who were logging on the gate didn't show up until after they actually logged). However, they no target calling absolutely no repair broadcast (or they were ignored by the carriers) - as many as 5 different friendly ships were shoot at single time, which is epic fail. But most of all, their FC proved to be utter idiot and ordered them not to siege for first two hours, until they get even more ships into fight. Well, unsieged dreadnought has 4 times less tank and firepower of shitty BS, in their case - shitty BS that cannot focus fire even if his life depended on it.

Funny fact - our dreads run out of strontium needed to enter siege sometime around first hour, thinks were looking really grim "how we're going to kill them without our beloved siege +625% dmg bonus?", but then someone had genius idea - loot the strong (and ammo) from enemy dread wrecks. Basically from that time on, we were shooting NC with their own stront and ammo awesome, for real awesome, for real 
Funny fact #2 - support was pretty much non-existent, with the only three NC's hics bubbling our fleet. Luckily, their capital fleet happened to be in exactly the same spot as ours. So, if you're wondering why they outlived all the NC dreads and carriers (with exception of one who switched to point script, and melted in less than a minute:P), that's why. 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 02:23:14 AM by JoeTF »
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2831 on: September 29, 2008, 07:44:18 PM

We just went to shoot at a BoB POS and instead ended up tangling with a Triumvirate nanohac gang.  We got slaughtered.
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #2832 on: September 30, 2008, 12:03:10 AM

I've returned after... not even a month absence and found myself docked to a -A- outpost.

Information onthe current IAC situation is rather scarce, except for an after-battle-report-with-no-prior-battle.
What happened?

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2833 on: September 30, 2008, 12:28:09 AM

They imploded. Alliance leadership kicked out inactive corps, other corps left. They pissed off goons enough to be reset by them and -A- finally put them out of their misery. Some of their guys bought stuff from me in Litom a couple of weeks ago but I don't know if they still hang around the curse/catch border.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2834 on: September 30, 2008, 01:32:24 AM

A bunch of them are hanging out in Providence.  The Mavericks, one of their best pvp corps, is freelancing by themselves for the time being.  The Muppet Factory, another of their best pvp corps including some of my favorite FCs are in KIA alliance now.  I saw a 12-man IAC gang roaming through goonspace recently too, so they're alive and kicking though somewhat reduced.  And I THINK they still hold some sov in Catch.  Maybe?

LOL, they're down to 350 members from over a thousand a few weeks ago.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: