Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:58:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1968961 times)
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2450 on: May 19, 2008, 08:33:22 AM

I can confirm many, many goons loathe deadtear.  We had a party thread in Epsilon once the wonderful news filtered through.  Think the directors keep him around because he does all the bitchwork like trolling through 3000 accounts every few months kicking inactives.  Also they're big space jerks.  As to why he got the titan - fuck knows.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2451 on: May 20, 2008, 10:59:30 AM

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=774607

This is the best war summary post in awhile.  Just ignore the parts about why Redswarm couldn't finish the job and actually win and its probably pretty accurate.  Or at least one side of things.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #2452 on: May 20, 2008, 12:22:46 PM

Did any alliance in the so called 'Greater BoB Community' survive besides BoB itself?

Over and out.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #2453 on: May 20, 2008, 12:32:55 PM

Executive Outcomes, I think.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2454 on: May 20, 2008, 02:47:13 PM

Is the Fix fighting up near E-O nothing to do with the Fix you were part of?  By which I mean has the core membership really altered that radically?

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #2455 on: May 20, 2008, 06:30:27 PM

Is the Fix fighting up near E-O nothing to do with the Fix you were part of?  By which I mean has the core membership really altered that radically?
My corp isn't in it anymore.  It was the last founding corp (other remaining founder got purged right after 49-U).  So no, nothing to do with me.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2456 on: May 20, 2008, 09:34:00 PM

We just smashed the FUCK out of smash.  Totals will be posted later.

It started with them around our tower in M-M; They brought in 40 t2 cruisers just as we were onlining. We jumped 40 battleships in on them and slaughtered them. They countered by rallying capitals and battleships, we countered with a global call to arms. They countered with their erebus and doomsdayed us twice. Epic 3 hour battle ensued. It was pretty much a one-sided rape.

(click for bigger)
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2457 on: May 20, 2008, 09:51:49 PM

It started with them around our tower in M-M; They brought in 40 t2 cruisers just as we were onlining. We jumped 40 battleships in on them and slaughtered them.

I have a hard time believing goons engaged a 40 man fleet with less than 240 people.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2458 on: May 20, 2008, 10:21:00 PM

I have a hard time believing goons engaged a 40 man fleet with less than 240 people.
Let's not start this :)

Oops, I got what happened slightly wrong.

It went like this.

We popped one of their PoSes. They bridge in a 50 man BC+cruiser gang point blank onto our RRBS heavy 35-40 man gang. They get wiped out.

Our replacement tower begins onlining, they bridge in some caps and supercaps to stop it. They chase our small gang out of M-M and DD on the gate trying to catch us. They got a single ship.

Darius makes a jabber announcement and tells to get online. You can see our fleet size from my SS.

We jump into M-M and back to our tower and land on the Smash fleet.

Shit gets real for about 2 hours. We destroy their subcaps and pin their caps down. They jump in two or three replacement fleets and doomsday us trying to knock us off the capitals. They fail and we tackle and begin to killing the caps one by one along with the replacement fleets.

Finally, they give up and try and gatecamp the gate leading out of M-M; they get a few ships either leaving or reinforcing our fleet.

They decide to try their luck and send the (now sizable) gatecamp fleet into us - they get get raped, again. The erebus jumps out of system and leaves the 5 remaining bubbled caps to die.

We never used our capitals.

Total capship losses on their side are 6 carriers and 1 dread. Here's their fleet battle summary from their KB. There are a ton of ships missing off theirs, either they weren't smash or losses haven't been reported yet. You compare their KB (5 ships, 1 cap) and ours (21 ships, 3 caps).
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 10:35:06 PM by bhodi »
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2459 on: May 20, 2008, 10:39:07 PM

Also, while this was all going down, yesterday, there was a bit more happening up north. RA took the ec- station.

Oh crap, indeed.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 10:40:57 PM by bhodi »
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2460 on: May 23, 2008, 04:55:42 PM

It looks like Russia and France aren't friends anymore.
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #2461 on: May 23, 2008, 06:41:43 PM

Your post could be more useful.

Like say, with a second sentence that explains why.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2462 on: May 23, 2008, 07:00:10 PM

Did RA and -A- invade Gallente hi sec or something?
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #2463 on: May 23, 2008, 11:12:15 PM

Darius makes a jabber announcement and tells to get online.

This was pure win.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2464 on: May 24, 2008, 04:00:52 AM

Your post could be more useful.

Like say, with a second sentence that explains why.

He is talking about RA's standings reset.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2465 on: May 25, 2008, 07:23:43 AM

The TCF seems to be a typo and other than BRUCE, I have no fucking idea who they resetted. They still nap all of ze north and all of south - BOB, Bruce and Smash.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2466 on: May 25, 2008, 11:20:31 AM

The TCF seems to be a typo and other than BRUCE, I have no fucking idea who they resetted. They still nap all of ze north and all of south - BOB, Bruce and Smash.

I thought you meant that "-" as a hyphen, and not a minus.  I was almost racing to the GF boards to find out what had made RA nap Bob and Smash.

Twitter - Endieposts

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2467 on: May 25, 2008, 10:35:05 PM

Not exactly war related, but this happened while BAT was scouting for a friendly gang:

Raven!
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2468 on: May 27, 2008, 12:05:26 PM

It's time for another edition of "Where da goons at?"

Oh, there they are.

GoonSwarm continues it's war against SMASH with another pitched battle, along with the first Peoke kill (CEO of SMASH) of the war. Check out that awesome fit! It's a 350mm-rail dual-rep dual-plated trimarked Megathron Navy Issue. Repping POS guns. With a named frigate afterburner.

There are around 15 total towers in-system. Goons are slowly sieging and replacing them with their own over the past few days. Last night, SMASH decided they had enough and a pitched fleet battle occurred on the stargate; For some reason the lag was particularly bad and after about an hour and a half of the meatgrinder the call was made for the goons to regroup back at a friendly PoS. Goon ships ambushed SMASH reinforcements trickling in, while the goons rallied by getting reinforcement ships of their own in-system. Soon after, a second clash ensued.

We continue on-scene at the carrier graveyard...

Killed:
6 Carriers
53 BS
14 HACs
9 Recons
1 Heavy dictor
3 Logistics

Lost:
44 BS
5 HAC
2 Recons
4 Heavy dictors
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 12:07:36 PM by bhodi »
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #2469 on: May 27, 2008, 01:12:28 PM

GoonSwarm continues it's war against SMASH with another pitched battle, along with the first Peoke kill (CEO of SMASH) of the war. Check out that awesome fit! It's a 350mm-rail dual-rep dual-plated trimarked Megathron Navy Issue. Repping POS guns. With a named frigate afterburner.

Link goes to a Peoke kill, but he seems to have been driving a Tempest?

On another note, it's a good thing that 0.0 is a giant NAP-fest because otherwise people might lose 100 battleships in a night.  That would be painful.

Witty banter not included.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2470 on: May 27, 2008, 01:13:25 PM

The problem is that only 6 carriers were lost.  It should have been 60.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2471 on: May 27, 2008, 01:19:18 PM

Sorry about that, there were meant to be two killmails there, Peoke and one other. This is the Navy Mega abortion.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2472 on: May 27, 2008, 01:43:34 PM

On another note, it's a good thing that 0.0 is a giant NAP-fest because otherwise people might lose 100 battleships in a night.  That would be painful.

i see what you did there.

Twitter - Endieposts

Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2473 on: May 27, 2008, 02:05:14 PM

One of those reset was IAC.  Which is important to most of us f13'ers.  There was at least one big fight in Catch this weekend but it didn't sound like it was an RA offensive.  Yet.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2474 on: May 27, 2008, 03:54:44 PM

I know what you're doing here, but 100BS is quite poorly for a single fleet battle, at least to my humble opinion. If usual 200 vs 200 ships goes out of their wayto kill themselves, I would like it to have at least 200 (preferably) 300 of them dead in the end. And single 300 vs 300 battle a day is weak sauce. I know EVE 0.0 dwelling PvP community isn't very numerous, but aat least for the sake of the size of the 0.0 parts of the galaxy there should be a few, a several good fleet battles happening a day.

In short, 500BS in fleetfights+500BS in ganks&roams, all of them killed daily would be something more of my liking.

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2475 on: May 27, 2008, 04:08:51 PM

In short, 500BS in fleetfights+500BS in ganks&roams, all of them killed daily would be something more of my liking.
I think you would start to see those numbers, if the module and zone-in lag in a 200v200 didn't approach half an hour.
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2476 on: May 28, 2008, 10:29:13 AM

According to this thread goon pets are losing Paragon Soul to a few BoB roaming gangs
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2477 on: May 29, 2008, 03:24:13 PM

We're too busy trying to find the worse-fit ship in all of EVE by reading Smashkill killmails.
Besides, Black0ut aren't pets.

Edit: Smashkill might have just lost some of their allies - Atlas & FIX are supposedly going back to the drone regions ASAP (either to defend or evac; it's not clear which).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 03:30:51 PM by Simond »

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #2478 on: May 30, 2008, 04:19:00 AM

BoB basically lost the war, but goons aren't any fun to follow if they're not fighting BoB.  Yawn.  I think I'll root for BoB to rebuild and challenge the goonies again.  Anything else is too boring.

LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2479 on: May 30, 2008, 07:45:24 PM

BoB basically lost the war, but goons aren't any fun to follow if they're not fighting BoB.  Yawn.  I think I'll root for BoB to rebuild and challenge the goonies again.  Anything else is too boring.

BoB never lost. If anything Goons lost when they ran to the other side of the universe.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2480 on: May 30, 2008, 11:24:46 PM

We all read the thread. Can everybody make his own assumptions about how the war went for whom?
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #2481 on: May 31, 2008, 01:30:40 AM

You went from a massive empire with countless slaves to a rump state of diehard fanatics.  I know that the only winning is having fun, but seriously, that's losing.  But hey, now you're the plucky underdog, so buck up.

Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #2482 on: May 31, 2008, 09:09:32 AM

BoB never lost. If anything Goons lost when they ran to the other side of the universe.

Neither side won and neither side lost.  Goons came closer to their goal than BoB did, but the only actual losers were all of those BoB pets who thought they would be ruling little fiefdoms of their own under BoB's benevolent protection.  Any alliance that aligns itself with BoB now better look long and hard at what happened to all the previous alliances that did. They'd have to be stupid, suicidal or both to throw in with BoB.

Over and out.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #2483 on: May 31, 2008, 09:31:01 AM

BoB's continued existence is clear proof that they didn't lose, but they certainly got the crap blown out of them, and of the two sides I think the anti-BoBs came out ahead.  I expect that the anti-BoBs are currently building supercaps as fast as they can crank them out, and that the next fight won't go so well for BoB; the alliances that bolstered them enough to survive the first war are gone now.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #2484 on: May 31, 2008, 11:17:17 AM

Germany didn't lose World War 2 even though the allies came closer to their objectives and Germany had the crap blown out of them. Germany still exists! The Vietnam War was never lost by the U.S.A for the U.S.A still exists!
And Saddam Hussein never lost the 1st Gulf War. If anything the Coalition lost because their forces ran back to their home countries afterwards.

Comparing real life wars to eve ftl.

(Insert alliance name here) never lost because (enter enemy alliance(s) here) (insert illogical reasoning here).

(Insert beginning of flamefest after this line)
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: