Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 07:33:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1968923 times)
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2415 on: May 12, 2008, 03:19:59 PM

That's what happens when you let carebears start dictating policy.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2416 on: May 12, 2008, 03:22:12 PM

Well, MC goes out last week.  This week it's TRI.  Bets on next week?
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2417 on: May 12, 2008, 03:42:01 PM

Well, MC goes out last week.  This week it's TRI.  Bets on next week?

Bruce
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2418 on: May 12, 2008, 04:10:11 PM

The best part of the TRI thread is when people say its the CS kiddies fault and someone finally points out that they all left and then the alliance exploded.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #2419 on: May 12, 2008, 06:35:14 PM

So, Slayerik... any chance of 'finding' some free T2 stuff in the near future?
Hakeldaima
Terracotta Army

Reply #2420 on: May 12, 2008, 06:46:38 PM

Kitsune's right - were I an immoral pirate I'd be stalking the Venal/Fade/Deklein -> Empire routes hoping to snatch a small taste of the DORM fortune.
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2421 on: May 12, 2008, 09:31:00 PM

So how is the war against SMASH going?
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2422 on: May 12, 2008, 09:59:13 PM

It's kinda funny how once the two big sides from the war stop giving a shit about each other and go find other people to shoot, alliances start dropping like flies  ACK!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2423 on: May 13, 2008, 04:16:12 AM

So how is the war against SMASH going?
Ask RA & friends - we're not scheduled to move up there yet for a little while.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2424 on: May 13, 2008, 05:54:47 AM

This is no shocker. After Illuminati, Cora, and SPA left the writing was on the wall. Doesn't really change anything for us as we live outta Venal...I might not camp the route, outta respect. But my alt will

In the end, it was time for a new avatar anyways. Honestly, TRI was just way too ADD for long blobfests and shit. We were bloated with carebears in the final days anyways. Was a fun run.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #2425 on: May 13, 2008, 08:30:40 AM

This is no shocker. After Illuminati, Cora, and SPA left the writing was on the wall. Doesn't really change anything for us as we live outta Venal...I might not camp the route, outta respect. But my alt will

In the end, it was time for a new avatar anyways. Honestly, TRI was just way too ADD for long blobfests and shit. We were bloated with carebears in the final days anyways. Was a fun run.
Well, I think the only way to turn carebears into real players is for you to -- personally -- arrange to take their stuff and sell it at a 50% discount to F13. :)

It's your moral duty.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2426 on: May 14, 2008, 01:38:49 PM

And the countdown to the titan stacking nerf begins.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Hakeldaima
Terracotta Army

Reply #2427 on: May 14, 2008, 01:49:53 PM

Are those all GS titans?
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2428 on: May 14, 2008, 01:51:32 PM

Yup.

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2429 on: May 14, 2008, 01:52:01 PM

Oh, goons.  Ohhhhh, I see. Check the launch.

He tried to ghost ride it.

He just popped his DD cherry. Look at all those HACs!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 02:01:00 PM by bhodi »
Hakeldaima
Terracotta Army

Reply #2430 on: May 14, 2008, 03:07:17 PM

Since the War seems to be over I might as well troll for a little bit of intel try to satiate my curiosity.

What are the two sides doing now? I've heard that GS is faffing about in the North/North-East and that BoB is kicking Bruce in the nuts. c/d?
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2431 on: May 14, 2008, 04:21:23 PM

Pretty much on the spot on the BoB side - we decided we want our regions back and Fountain happens to be next on the to do list:)

Grats on the titans, I'm looking forward to assaulting your cynojammers (you will buy me a carrier if we take one Endie, ok?;-))
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #2432 on: May 15, 2008, 08:28:54 AM

Oh, goons.  Ohhhhh, I see. Check the launch.

He tried to ghost ride it.

He just popped his DD cherry. Look at all those HACs!
What happened with that launch?
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2433 on: May 15, 2008, 08:49:26 AM

Due to unfortunate game mechanics a new titan released from a cap ship array starts moving away pretty fast. They always do that but they don't normally end up off the grid as it (presumably) was the case here.
RA once stole a titan this way when, as part of a buying deal, they asked the builder to release the titan to prove he had it. The builder, unaware of this mechanic, released the titan which happily cruised off unmanned until the RA pilot boarded it and took off without paying. CCP returned the titan later.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2434 on: May 18, 2008, 05:20:32 AM

And the goons have one titan less now

Smashkill is on a supercap killing spree. A mom every couple of days and now this.

in structure
wreck
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 05:36:33 AM by lac »
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2435 on: May 18, 2008, 07:24:44 AM

Loosely paraphrased comment made by Deadtear, when we got the other two titans: "This means I can use mine in combat now!"
Yeah. Now we all see why the directorate wouldn't let him into combat until we had at least one more.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2436 on: May 18, 2008, 08:30:14 AM

Basically, I didn't want that titan anyways :)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #2437 on: May 18, 2008, 08:37:41 AM

He just let it splode so everyone would see the ship name on the wreck.
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2438 on: May 18, 2008, 11:25:02 AM

Karma is a bitch.
BTW, didn't you guys whined complained about multiple titans being indestructible and capitals not having a chance without BS support? (they had 3 titans on grid)

This is a sweet, sweet day. Makes me want to join smash (really!).
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2439 on: May 18, 2008, 06:51:21 PM

Karma is a bitch.
BTW, didn't you guys whined complained about multiple titans being indestructible and capitals not having a chance without BS support? (they had 3 titans on grid)

You can take pleasure in it if you like, but smash really had nothing to do with it. The lag monster is fickle; 500 in-system and 15 minutes to load grid so it could have gone either way. The only difference is that he was unlucky with the lag and they weren't.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #2440 on: May 18, 2008, 06:59:12 PM

Karma is a bitch.

You can take pleasure in it if you like, but smash really had nothing to do with it. The lag monster is fickle; 500 in-system and 15 minutes to load grid so it could have gone either way. The only difference is that he was unlucky with the lag and they weren't.

Nothing to do with it?  Come on now, I doubt there's been a capital on capital fight ever in the history of the game that wasn't laggy.  Give those angry propellers where they're due.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2441 on: May 18, 2008, 07:04:11 PM

Nothing to do with it?  Come on now, I doubt there's been a capital on capital fight ever in the history of the game that wasn't laggy.  Give those angry propellers where they're due.
No, sorry. He wasn't even warp scrambled; There isn't a single one on the killmail. If he wasn't lagged he could have warped or jumped out.

Quote from: deadtear haiku
saftey in numbers
a good time to look useful
why won't the screen load
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008, 07:11:34 PM by bhodi »
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2442 on: May 18, 2008, 10:54:06 PM

Here is nice battle report from SMASH side:
Since I just woke up in station, figured I'd give a semi battle report.

At 30 seconds to DT scavok opened a cyno at the gate, the three titans jumped in. 1 from Xdeath, 1 from Solar and 1 from Goons. They tried to light their cyno's and at least 1 got off as the client was shut down, giving many kills.

We all logged back on as DT ended (both sides) and had some minor skirmishes on the gate. A few from the other side died here and there, musta been able to respond as a few drones appeared then were left motionless as their pilots were silenced.

A few minutes later one of our FC's got the idea to make a sniper spot (that the enemy could hear over coms) 450km off the gate (this was the bait) more then a few of our snipers went up there. Quickly enough 3 titans dropped right on top of this spot and 3 DD's went off in quick succession.

The call on coms "All three have been lit GET EM" went off. I was 740 km below the gate from Dead tear and warped to a friendly wreck about 22km behind him. As I came outta warp I took a smart bomb or some sort of blast, and went down to 45% hull. I knew I was done but I was 21km off the titans. So I spammed gang chat for a warp to, there were many pilots within range so I doubt even a few of our pilots jumped at me to get there.

What followed was the xdeathx and solar titans warping out but the goon Erebus was about 15 degrees off his warp as 1 then 2 bubbles appeared around him. Then the calls to bump and smack him were given.

Everyone who could began a bump brigade on him and dumped all the DPS they could. I slammed my ceptor into him a few times and then died to one of the titans that wasn't on my screen somehow (lag oops?) many of the ceptors and smaller ships died in droves. Then the battleships and battle cruisers began bumping him and it appeared it was a done deal. One of our FC's began calling his armor going down by 10% almost every 20 seconds. Then a lag bubble and he popped. Most didn't see it, but the wreck began appearing on overviews or in space.

Cheers showed up on comms for maybe 15 seconds before comms discipline took hold again and we began working on support. I had been podded by this point but didn't realize it until my screen flashed into our home station.

Great work guys, we knew this was coming. We knew goons were going to bring something and we prepared for it. Great FC'ing, Great allies and most importantly Great Teamwork.

Thank you goons, you said you couldn't wait for this. But guess what.

Neither could we.

Atlas Head Diplomat
CEO - Di-Tron Heavy Industries

It seems to contradict the lag claims - the titan was bubbled and it was trying to warp out (you don't need to load the grid to pop the cherry and warp out btw). If that report is to be believed, it was one of cleanest in-battle titan loss.
Also, nice damage control goons, especially loved the "we didn't liked the guy" (so we gave him alliance founded titan) spin on CAOD.
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #2443 on: May 18, 2008, 10:56:10 PM

Karma is a bitch.

By all accounts they killed a near-supportless titan that had just blown its DD in a laggy system they held defencive positions in. They get no points for being in the right place at the right time when lag and goons randomly hand them a titan kill.

Goonswarm should have known better than to have it there without support in a fight that big (aka laggy) but that's to their fault, not SMASH's credit.
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2444 on: May 19, 2008, 12:30:00 AM

By all accounts they killed a near-supportless titan that had just blown its DD in a laggy system they held defencive positions in. They get no points for being in the right place at the right time when lag and goons randomly hand them a titan kill.

Goonswarm should have known better than to have it there without support in a fight that big (aka laggy) but that's to their fault, not SMASH's credit.

In that case, lets just say that nobody deserves credit for any of the titan kills so far.

Goons started the whole blob-till-the-node-crashes thing. They always bring an overwhelming number to any engagement. Why should anyone feel bad about them losing a titan to lag? And they seem to be happy about the loss anyway.

Everybody wins!?!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 12:36:06 AM by LC »
Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #2445 on: May 19, 2008, 01:42:18 AM

I'm not saying it's not a victory, I'm saying it's not something worth joining them over. Especially since RAZOR and Atlas Alliance both each outnumber the SMASH pilots on the killmail.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2446 on: May 19, 2008, 04:20:19 AM

LC's right: you roll the lag dice and you have to accept where they fall.  The opposition had a plan which worked, and of course most times the titan will get lucky, but Deadtear was always going to lose his soon after using it in combat. The bulk of the betting was on next month (I am serious: lots of ISK is changing hands) but it was totally expected, and soon.

But of course claiming that we're actively happy to have lost a titan is daft.  It's funny, certainly, and totally predictable that it survives for only a few days.  And we're sure not going to lose six regions as a result.  But it would be better not to have to build yet another (though I'm sure we have a few more coming at some point, judging by stuff on the forums and peoples' debt notes).  The best thing about it is that it brings substantial Deadtear-trolling material to the table.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Hakeldaima
Terracotta Army

Reply #2447 on: May 19, 2008, 06:20:41 AM

In the various Triumvirate drama thread Dorm gets blasted for building moms instead of dreads/carriers, the reasoning being that a mom's worth of dreads (8-10 dreads?) is more useful to an alliance than one mom (dps/isk or some such calculation). Can the same reasoning be applied to titans? Is a titan's worth of moms/dreads/carriers more useful than the titan itself?

Of course, depending on the alliance, the question may be moot - if you already have all the dreads/carriers you can find pilots for, I suppose you might as well get a titan.

Edit: Suupose isn't a real word  swamp poop .
« Last Edit: May 19, 2008, 08:58:52 AM by Hakeldaima »
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2448 on: May 19, 2008, 06:36:40 AM

Can the same reasoning be applied to titans? Is a titan's worth of moms/dreads/carriers more useful than the titan itself?
Not really. Jump bridges are insanely useful, and until you have a stack (double digits) of them in rotating shifts, you don't have enough. They are also incredibly good for logistics.

Plus, DDs are overpowered. a Mom isn't a huge bump up, but a titan is.
Moosehands
Terracotta Army

Reply #2449 on: May 19, 2008, 08:21:10 AM

Also, nice damage control goons, especially loved the "we didn't liked the guy" (so we gave him alliance founded titan) spin on CAOD.

Funny thing about deadtear:

You know how GWB is the President, but nobody will admit to voting for him and everything he touches falls apart and any given poll of the population shows that 80'ish per cent hate his guts?  Same thing.  Far and away the majority of GF absolutely despise the dude and love watching him fail.  But he still remains a director.  It is one of the great mysteries of life.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: