Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 10:30:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1969174 times)
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #2205 on: March 28, 2008, 11:11:50 AM

Cool picture, is that three titans there?

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2206 on: March 28, 2008, 11:17:58 AM

Yes, and the rest are battleships. You can tell that they mostly fly apocs from the silhouettes. This is partly because the rats in delve are weak to thermal/ew, perfect for Amarr, partly because they got a boost and partly because they are desired for PoS shooting (no ammo). Delve really is an Amarr paradise.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2207 on: March 28, 2008, 11:19:21 AM

Looks like BoB found the weakness to that POS - namely attacking it when everybody who isn't a poopsocker is either asleep or at work.
Seriously? 200+ BS & 50+ dreads (and probably at least an equal number of carriers) & three titans & support at four o'clock on a Friday afternoon?  swamp poop

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2208 on: March 28, 2008, 11:20:34 AM

That's an Amarr Titan what are the other two? Gallante and?  What're their ship names?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #2209 on: March 28, 2008, 11:27:00 AM

So, in that one screen shot, how much ISK worth of ships and modules do you think their is?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #2210 on: March 28, 2008, 11:31:00 AM

So, in that one screen shot, how much ISK worth of ships and modules do you think their is?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
All of it.

Actually, I think nuking that entire fleet would be like Warren Buffet and Bill Gates converting all their assets to cash and creating a giant bonfire out of the resulting hundred dollar bills. The US economy would still be there, but it'd notice it. :)
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2211 on: March 28, 2008, 11:37:37 AM

It's an Avatar (Amarr with the bubble butt) and an Erebus (Gallente) in the middle and I believe the one on the left is also an Erebus but I can't be sure. I don't know who the pilots are, they could be any number of people (BoB has 4 Avatars and 3 Erebus')

As far as ISK, well, a lot. That picture is showing 100+ battleships. Their dread fleet (also in system) is not in that picture. So, maybe 100 billion each for the titans and 250m for each of the battleships shown, so probably we're looking at probably 150 billion ISK. The dread fleet matches it for price, as dreads are ~2b each (1b for the hull, 1b for the modules) and there were 50+ in system but not shown in that picture.

So, at a conservative timecard rate of exchange (150m isk = $15) it's a $15,000 fleet in that picture, with another $10,000 in system but not shown.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 11:40:19 AM by bhodi »
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2212 on: March 28, 2008, 11:57:28 AM

Oh yeah. It hasn't been mentioned yet... MC has 150+ people in 49-, our other delve staging point.

Can someone help me, I can't quite reach this knife in my back.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2213 on: March 28, 2008, 12:25:31 PM

Don't worry, there will be plenty of knives there you can reach soon enough.
Remember how every alliance and their dog jumped onto the bandwagon when BoB lost its air of invulnerability and started losing territory? Unless goons get some victories/big turnouts/major show of love of RA, they will risk looking like a wounded animal and the hyena's will start snapping at the soft southern underbelly that is their territory soon enough.
I hope that new goon CEO is made of awesome because he sure has his work cut out for him.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 12:27:20 PM by lac »
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #2214 on: March 28, 2008, 12:31:29 PM

Oh yeah. It hasn't been mentioned yet... MC has 150+ people in 49-, our other delve staging point.

Can someone help me, I can't quite reach this knife in my back.
Wait? Are we hating goons now? Dammit, this war is complex!

Actually, I think the reality is pretty simple: People want pew-pew. BoB's getting too small and concentrated for good pew-pew -- (standard defensive doctrine -- more defenders per system), and everyone else is spreading out. Fewer defenders per system, more oppurtunity for mischief. :)
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2215 on: March 28, 2008, 12:41:58 PM

MC, a few months ago, declared they hated BoB, convinced goons to ally with them to fight their former masters.

Several weeks ago, on a large joint op to attack systems within delve, they backed out 15 minutes before the op was scheduled to start, ruining it.

Two days ago, they announced they were setting everyone neutral and also quietly signed a NAP with BoB.

Today, they decided to attack goons, on their other staging point in delve. At the same time as BoB. One might even think it was a joint attack.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 12:45:01 PM by bhodi »
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #2216 on: March 28, 2008, 12:45:43 PM

MC, a few months ago, declared they hated BoB, convinced goons to ally with them to fight their former masters.

Several weeks ago, on a large joint op to attack systems within delve, they backed out 15 minutes before the op was scheduled to start, ruining it.

Two days ago, they announced they were setting everyone neutral and also quietly signed a NAP with BoB.

Today, they decided to attack goons. At the same time as BoB.
I guess the question is: Did they plan that, or did someone make a huge payoff, or was there some Goon/MC forum drama I missed?
Haargoth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2217 on: March 28, 2008, 12:48:51 PM

It's an Avatar (Amarr with the bubble butt) and an Erebus (Gallente) in the middle and I believe the one on the left is also an Erebus but I can't be sure. I don't know who the pilots are, they could be any number of people (BoB has 4 Avatars and 3 Erebus')

As far as ISK, well, a lot. That picture is showing 100+ battleships. Their dread fleet (also in system) is not in that picture. So, maybe 100 billion each for the titans and 250m for each of the battleships shown, so probably we're looking at probably 150 billion ISK. The dread fleet matches it for price, as dreads are ~2b each (1b for the hull, 1b for the modules) and there were 50+ in system but not shown in that picture.

So, at a conservative timecard rate of exchange (150m isk = $15) it's a $15,000 fleet in that picture, with another $10,000 in system but not shown.

You are actually looking at quite a lot more because there is several Motherships and a bunch of Carriers in that picture as well. With the way we (BoB) usually fit our Super capitals you are probably looking at 25-30 bill atleast per Mothership and 1 bill per Carrier. Also Dreadnoughts do not quite cost one billion for the hull, its closer to 1.6 and with the mods about 2 billlion. Battleships you are looking at 140 million isk for a tier 2 full tech II fitted fleet Battleship setup. If they are rigged, then maybe it could go up to 250 million but generally BoB fleet Battleships are not rigged.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #2218 on: March 28, 2008, 12:49:58 PM

Today, they decided to attack goons, on their other staging point in delve. At the same time as BoB. One might even think it was a joint attack.

I'd like to point out I've been rooting for BoB this whole time, I wish we had a bet going.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Haargoth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2219 on: March 28, 2008, 12:52:00 PM

We (BoB) actually killed several of their Dreadnoughts while they were seiging a low sec tower in Aridia after their standings reset yesterday so that is pretty much a false statement. We are not NAPed with the MC and doubt we ever would because to be honest almost the entire member base would go crazy in protest if that happened. :)
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2220 on: March 28, 2008, 01:03:02 PM

We (BoB) actually killed several of their Dreadnoughts while they were seiging a low sec tower in Aridia after their standings reset yesterday so that is pretty much a false statement. We are not NAPed with the MC and doubt we ever would because to be honest almost the entire member base would go crazy in protest if that happened. :)
Well, you know how info between two different groups is. Sometimes it's false. According to Evil Thug, however, MC nap'd bob and gave you C3N in return for a non-invasion pact.

Regardless of what side of the battle you're on, it's still impressive. That was one hell of a sucker punch brought in during traditional off-hours. MC attacking at the same time (either opportunistic or planned) is just icing on the cake.

Currently, our dick is getting pushed in; Cloning services are down in QY6 and everything's bubbled with titans in local. 49- is faring better, the Cynojammer isn't down yet.

None of this means much in the long run; the real battle comes on Sunday afternoon when all the towers come out of reinforced.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 01:07:15 PM by bhodi »
Haargoth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2221 on: March 28, 2008, 01:06:42 PM

Well, you know how info between two different groups is. Sometimes it's false. According to Evil Thug, however, MC nap'd bob and gave you C3N in return for a non-invasion pact.

Regardless of what side of the battle you're on, it's still impressive. That was one hell of a sucker punch brought in during traditional off-hours. MC attacking at the same time (either opportunistic or planned) is just icing on the cake.

If I remeber correctly all Evil Thug said was that they were giving us C3N, doesn't neccesarily mean we are NAPing them :) Basically, we are still red to the MC and they are still red to us.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2222 on: March 28, 2008, 01:07:51 PM

Surely when they give up a system, they expect something in return?
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #2223 on: March 28, 2008, 01:20:53 PM

Surely when they give up a system, they expect something in return?

Being red doesn't mean invasion.  It could be a territorial agreement, a sort of semi-soft NAP.  You stay in your yard but if you get near the fence don't be surprised when I squirt you with the hose.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2224 on: March 28, 2008, 03:36:59 PM

Heh.

Bob is fighting us.

In our Delve systems.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #2225 on: March 29, 2008, 09:31:56 PM

The battle continues. 450 in system at the time of this writing. Poopsockers unite!

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #2226 on: March 29, 2008, 10:05:14 PM

Good luck to those of you caught up in this.
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2227 on: March 30, 2008, 01:35:50 AM

Apparently the Goon FC (BobFromMarketing i think) decided it would be a good idea to suicide his fleet. He had them all jump/warp into a large bubble on the K6 gate knowing that Shrikes titan was on grid waiting for them. After the doomsday their leadership went silent for a long period of time on TS. Many of the goons got pissed about the situation and logged off. Then they finally gave orders for anyone still alive in qy6 to go get a frigate at a pos or station. People that got podded were told to go ride bikes.

Things are looking up for BoB. If Goons want to win today they will need to call in all of their allies to keep the node offline.

Either way I won't be there. Laggy pos battles can kiss my ass.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 01:42:52 AM by LC »
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2228 on: March 30, 2008, 02:24:59 AM

"Guys, guys, we need everyone in battleships for this op!"
*jumps fleet into hostile gatecamp with titan on grid*
"Hey, why'd everybody log?"

Far from the first time a Goon FC has done this, and I very much doubt it'll be the last.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2229 on: March 30, 2008, 06:47:44 AM

"Guys, guys, we need everyone in battleships for this op!"
*jumps fleet into hostile gatecamp with titan on grid*
"Hey, why'd everybody log?"

Far from the first time a Goon FC has done this, and I very much doubt it'll be the last.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Urgh, stupid FF bugs.
Here is what was supposed to be here:

Maybe it wasn't incompetence but instead your FC's way of expressing his disappointment with turnout?:D After all that fleet was mere 25 Battleships.

Edit:
Heh, nearly 400 logged on Teamspeak, 500+ Coalition in QY6 and neighbor system.

Actually, that's just IAC and GoonFleet.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 01:20:40 PM by JoeTF »
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #2230 on: March 30, 2008, 01:37:25 PM

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/0803/bob_waiting_in_qy6.jpg

I see a Leviathan, two Ragnaroks, 2 Avatars and an Erebus.

Scary considering BoB knows how to use titans. And not just for logistics like MM does!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 01:48:50 PM by Gets »
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2231 on: March 30, 2008, 02:05:28 PM

Well, there is no cynojammer, so it's going to end either in:
-lots of dead goons
-lots of dead server hamsters
-lots of dead titans

Edit:
Apparently MC decided to go and attack IAC fleet before they got to QY6. Stupid cunts. Ruining all our fun.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 02:38:04 PM by JoeTF »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2232 on: March 30, 2008, 02:53:54 PM

Well, it won't be lots of dead titans: if you keep eight around, that's a doomsday every few minutes, so in the current massive lag they're entirely safe (barring the most mind-crippling stupidity).  As Joe knows veeeery well  this guy looks legit.  So really I don't see how this one can work out well for us: excepting perhaps a nice 24-hour node crash it pretty much has to see sov in QY6 neutral by tomorrow lunchtime.

We got doomsdayed a while ago jump-bridging into the system: such is the state of the game right now that there may be no goons left after that or there may be hundreds: nobody knows, even those of us who think we warped off.  I may be dead already and won't know til the morning when I check my wallet from work  awesome, for real.  I've said before that Bob exploits the weaknesses of the game way better than us, and that's not a complaint, it's a compliment: if we could break systems like this the war would be over a couple of months ago, but we're playing catch-up.

That's a huge setback, undoubtedly.  But I repeat what i said before: we're fighting in Delve.  Bob have to pull out everything they can get a tactical advantage like this, and they can't sustain that for strategic victory.  In the medium term, we're still fine, and they're still fucked.  We've made some changes in the last week that means we're secure.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2233 on: March 30, 2008, 03:18:47 PM

Eh Endie, Endie.
One word: Dreadnoughts. I heard (ok, read in this topic) that you have dozens, if not hundreds of them. And they don't get blown by Doomsdays, you know.

How is MC killing going?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 03:24:44 PM by JoeTF »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2234 on: March 30, 2008, 03:20:54 PM

Eh Endie, Endie.

One word: Dreadnoughts. They don't get blown by Doomsdays, you know.
I did mention that there is no Jammer for a reason.

I can't believe that even you are stupid enough to think that deploying dreadnoughts without a support fleet* in extreme lag conditions against defenders who have already loaded grid is a good idea, so i assume that you are trolling.  I only hope that our FCs are equally smart  ACK!

edit: *8 titans means you have, or very quickly will have, no support fleet.

Twitter - Endieposts

JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2235 on: March 30, 2008, 03:30:35 PM

I heard that you guys don't care about K:D ratios, so why not? :P
There are actually a lot of options here, but I hope you can understand if I wont get into specifics, especially during a battle (kind of, it's more of a POS hugging.).
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 03:48:01 PM by JoeTF »
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #2236 on: March 30, 2008, 05:47:16 PM

Doomsday devices seem like a rather cheesy game mechanic.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Akkori
Terracotta Army

Reply #2237 on: March 30, 2008, 06:17:21 PM

I agree.

I love the position : "You're not right until I can prove you wrong!"
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #2238 on: March 30, 2008, 06:52:44 PM

Frankly, someone has too many titans. Therefore I purpose that they give the extra Gallente one to me.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #2239 on: March 30, 2008, 07:29:50 PM

Doomsday devices seem like a rather cheesy game mechanic.

Then what do you propose the gargantuan uber-ships be equipped with?  If they have to lock on to each and every target they engage, they'll be a laughingstock.  If you just load them full of drones they're just a bigger mothership with more lag.  And so far as I'm aware EvE doesn't have a very good collision detection system, so you can't just have them shoot a big SDF-1 beam that kills whatever it hits.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: