Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:02:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1969211 times)
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #1820 on: January 03, 2008, 06:37:48 AM

You may have planned to start a short fun war, but it doesn't seem like it's fun now or like you can stop it.  Dumb plan.  Anyway, all these speeches, I think it's basic psychology:  people who are about to die often feel the need to make grand speeches, hoping they'll be remembered, etc.

Good luck. 
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1821 on: January 03, 2008, 07:22:26 AM

History is written by the victors, anyway.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #1822 on: January 03, 2008, 10:17:08 AM

My comment to Simond, Endie and Arthur_Parker desperate posts is as follow:

ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1823 on: January 03, 2008, 10:26:15 AM

JoeTF is the best Goonfleet alt poster.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1824 on: January 03, 2008, 12:01:20 PM

He's still not getting Hollismason though.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1825 on: January 03, 2008, 12:04:47 PM

He's still not getting Hollismason though.

I was sooo close to posting that myself.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1826 on: January 03, 2008, 12:20:00 PM

So BoB has become Wimp Lo?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #1827 on: January 03, 2008, 02:49:41 PM

My comment to Simond, Endie and Arthur_Parker desperate posts is as follow:

ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

It would be funny if it was a troll.

However....

Quote from: Sergeant Spot
Black Eclipse Corp
Band of Brothers
That BoB's goal is, and always has been, epic warfare, has been pretty much established.

As for other details....

--Did BoB "plan" to lose all its space?

No, and it might not happen either, but even if it does, its still just a detail within a successful plan.

--Did BoB "want" to lose all its space?

No, and it might not happen either, but even if it does, its still just a detail within a successful plan.

--Did BoB "plan or want" for the Goons to be the loud credit taking mouth for all the various foes we have?

No, but even so, its still just a detail within a successful plan.

--Did BoB "plan or want" to lose battles/space here and there between winning battles?

No, but even so, its still just a detail within a successful plan.

BoB's intent has been LONG known. Its not as if any of this is new information. Frankly, the whole thing COULD be a win/win situation for everyone involved, so long as you like epic warfare.

Edit: So say I, @VonSpot, senior member the Mankind @Alliance, Foe of Mordor. Many of us in BoB have a LONG history of brutal 'lay it on the line' epic warfare that pre-dates even Eve.

Awesome squared.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1828 on: January 03, 2008, 03:25:36 PM

Man, these guys sure know how to plan out getting their asses whooped! I'm jealous cause that's my plan in basically every game, and they have it mastered. Bastards.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #1829 on: January 03, 2008, 04:55:34 PM

You know, I can actually believe that BoB wanted to get everybody in the galaxy to declare war on them and take them all on.  That actually seemed almost obvious to me by the actions they were taking over a year ago, and I actually thought that was kind of neat and fun on their part.

The problem is that I'm sure they were planning on wooping ass or at least having a great big fight and stalemating.  Getting their asses completely destroyed, overun, beat into the ground, and left with the legacy as the biggest fucktards in the galaxy who deserved what they got more than anybody else in history (ala the Germans in WW2) was most certainly not part of the plan.

I mean, I guess they can try to take credit for starting the Great War in eve.  But thats where it ends (and thats not particularly special.  I'm sure their are many other Alliances that could "successfully" get everybody in the Galaxy to collectivly beat their ass into dust.  So that's not something you should really be proud of).  Nothing that happened beyond that could have possibly been in their plans, and I deffinatly don't think it was going to turn out this way at all.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #1830 on: January 04, 2008, 07:03:33 AM

Meh, don't count them out yet... this reminds me of several Shadowbane wars in which a server power got so greedy that they declared war on everyone... and in almost every case they were able to hold out in one last city.  Basically what saved them were coding (read lag) and bugs (exploits), but they were saved nonetheless.

The real test here is not BoB, but their enemies.  It is rare to find an online group that will continue to bash its head against a Lag-wall for months on end to "finish off" an enemy.  And, you HAVE to finish them off or in the end you have not really accomplished much, as it would only take them a small amount of time to gather back large pieces of land... unless the Goons-and-friends just set up permanent Bob-camping.

Seems these guys (at their core) are pretty committed, I have to say that I like their attitude and the speeches coming out, for a while their part in the play was growing stale.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1831 on: January 04, 2008, 09:31:22 AM

Meh, don't count them out yet... this reminds me of several Shadowbane wars in which a server power got so greedy that they declared war on everyone... and in almost every case they were able to hold out in one last city.  Basically what saved them were coding (read lag) and bugs (exploits), but they were saved nonetheless.

The real test here is not BoB, but their enemies.  It is rare to find an online group that will continue to bash its head against a Lag-wall for months on end to "finish off" an enemy.  And, you HAVE to finish them off or in the end you have not really accomplished much, as it would only take them a small amount of time to gather back large pieces of land... unless the Goons-and-friends just set up permanent Bob-camping.

Seems these guys (at their core) are pretty committed, I have to say that I like their attitude and the speeches coming out, for a while their part in the play was growing stale.

The real test here is Bob. Have you ever been on that side of a losing war? Assets being torched, abandoned, all income has gone to shit (well these guys have some dev help BPOs : ), around the clock POS ops...We'll see how many caps they are willing to lose. This isn't a test for the Goonies, they have cleaning them out burned into their heads. BoB said they'd never be allowed to build in 0.0 again, so goonies will at the very least evict them from their space (or die repeatedly trying). But I guess we'll see if the rest are as commited...

Anyways, its not fun to be on the receiving end of a gangbang of this proportion...no matter what any of those Bob sluts say.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #1832 on: January 04, 2008, 12:48:34 PM

« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 08:19:52 AM by Gets »
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1833 on: January 04, 2008, 12:55:05 PM

lawl?

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #1834 on: January 04, 2008, 01:03:18 PM

wow. that's lawlerskates right there.
neep
Terracotta Army

Reply #1835 on: January 04, 2008, 01:09:51 PM

what, you guys never saw a new years card before?  smiley
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1836 on: January 04, 2008, 01:12:06 PM

Our alliance forums are a joke anyway, i'd guess that like 10-20% of the alliance looks at them semi regularly.

Hell, I'm a forum whore and I don't seem to log on.

Anyways, it is teh funneh!

Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1837 on: January 04, 2008, 01:19:09 PM

Edit:  Nevermind, done caring about this.  It's a game. 
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 01:28:40 PM by Raging Turtle »
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #1838 on: January 04, 2008, 01:23:38 PM

Is that actually real or just someone on the board fake posting?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1839 on: January 04, 2008, 01:36:02 PM

Normally, obviously, I'd say "ho ho nobody, even Molly, is that stupid."  I'd also point out that Molle is virtually functionally illiterate in English, so he sure didn't write that, but he has people to do that for him.  And it being fake would, indeed, be my first guess.

But at the moment, with Bob desperately trying to save face and trying to save some sort of face, I could almost see them doing that as post facto rationalisation so that their more gullible members could say "haha see we did intentinally provoke everyone, it is all part of our big plan to lose!"

Twitter - Endieposts

neep
Terracotta Army

Reply #1840 on: January 04, 2008, 02:12:03 PM

haha see we did intentinally provoke everyone, it is all part of our big plan to lose win

But as its a ten year plan, there might be some set backs underway, obviously smiley

and yes, its a tri joke post on a tri board
Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #1841 on: January 04, 2008, 09:56:37 PM

The real test here is Bob. Have you ever been on that side of a losing war? Assets being torched, abandoned, all income has gone to shit (well these guys have some dev help BPOs : ), around the clock POS ops...We'll see how many caps they are willing to lose. This isn't a test for the Goonies, they have cleaning them out burned into their heads. BoB said they'd never be allowed to build in 0.0 again, so goonies will at the very least evict them from their space (or die repeatedly trying). But I guess we'll see if the rest are as commited...

Anyways, its not fun to be on the receiving end of a gangbang of this proportion...no matter what any of those Bob sluts say.

In a way... smaller scale of course because no SB server lasted this long, and there is NO way to build assets like you can in EVE.  But, yea, I have been part of a 6-month slow-roast watching city after city fall and person after person leave while a nation of 150 is ground down to 15.  Of course, we had a blast as those 15 killing people freely once all our cities were gone.  That is kinda the point... at this stage in the game if BoB CAN have fun then its not THAT big a deal... they don't need the land really, it just gives them something to own and fight over.

Personally I find it MUCH more difficult to get up for offensive no-shows and lag-fests than defensive battles... but I am probably in the minority there.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1842 on: January 04, 2008, 10:06:08 PM

I guess, to me anyways, I sure wouldn't want to risk my officer fitted carrier / MS for what looks like 10-1 odds in the end.

Maybe I'm just a pussy, or don't have any T2 BPOs, but thats the way I look at it. But, I was always told to PVP with what I can afford to lose. Thats why I never trained carriers :)

LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #1843 on: January 05, 2008, 09:21:23 AM

So when is everyone coming to remove us from delve anyway? The only action I have seen so far is Pandemic Legion doing 40 man bubble gate camps.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #1844 on: January 05, 2008, 10:25:12 AM

So when is everyone coming to remove us from delve anyway? The only action I have seen so far is Pandemic Legion doing 40 man bubble gate camps.
They apparently hate you so much that they are going to make you go out with a whimper instead of a bang.  No grand last battles for you it seems.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1845 on: January 05, 2008, 10:48:16 AM

Well, to put it in language you Bob types like, we're "making you play our game".  You know that you just made the Mittani's point in that thread for him with that post?  I suspect that this will be yet another LC post that makes it onto the GF forums.

And re those nanogangs and bubble camps, the local whining from Bob members that PL is posting on our forums is such sweet, sweet nectar.

Twitter - Endieposts

LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #1846 on: January 05, 2008, 01:28:08 PM

Well, to put it in language you Bob types like, we're "making you play our game".  You know that you just made the Mittani's point in that thread for him with that post?  I suspect that this will be yet another LC post that makes it onto the GF forums.

And re those nanogangs and bubble camps, the local whining from Bob members that PL is posting on our forums is such sweet, sweet nectar.

Wasn't the plan to blow up BoB's mining POSes? I'm tired of fueling the one assigned to me, and was hoping someone would blow it up soon. I don't play enough to care about the griefing.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1847 on: January 05, 2008, 04:09:54 PM

We currently have shrike tackled and are working our way through his support fleet.  Bob's only response is to try to jump-bridge evry ship they can in order to crash the node.

How the roles are reversed :)

Edit: ...and judging by the way it's already taken me 18 minutes to load grid it's a viable tactic.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 04:20:05 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #1848 on: January 05, 2008, 04:35:12 PM

Node crash? From jita

[00:39:40] Gairett > Servers held 3 hours then when shrike was entering armor they crashed - brace for the threadnaught guys lol

Then again maybe not?

[00:42:02] deveus > beep beep i'm killin shrike
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1849 on: January 05, 2008, 04:42:32 PM

[00:42:02] deveus > beep beep i'm killin shrike

It would be funny if Bob jump-bridging in a substantial number of ships merely served to render him helpless at a gate  awesome, for real

As it is, I hope that the lagbomb has failed, since I'm currently at the login screen.  But I bet they have a very good idea of how to get him out :(

Twitter - Endieposts

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #1850 on: January 05, 2008, 04:46:41 PM

Some people are saying 49-U is crashed, some are just sitting.

Here's a happy pic, almost an hour old:

http://go-dl.eve-files.com/media/0801/shrike.png

Edit: Node crashed when goons jumped their cap fleet in. He's away. Maybe next time.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 05:01:44 PM by bhodi »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1851 on: January 05, 2008, 05:06:35 PM

MC says they have Shrike on scan and are probing vOv

Personally, I suspect that a certain titan pilot knew perfectly well that a node crash would clear his aggro, meaning he was sorted so long as he could bring it about.  And fair play to him: he knows the effect that losing yet another titan would have on his remaining alliance members, so it's probably worth doing.

The real blame lies with CCP, not some heating engineer with a history of developer suborning and capship pos bowling.  When it favoured one side in the cap shipyards attack CCP capped the system to prevent a node crash, and thereby meant that RSF/AAA/D2 caps would trickle into the system a few at a time. This time they chose not to do that, the node crashed and Shrike seems to have escaped.  Who would have guessed?

Edit:  On the upside, the Bob posts on CAOD (and, I think we can safely anticipate, here) are reminding people why we're doing this  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 05:16:56 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #1852 on: January 05, 2008, 07:07:31 PM

Well, to put it in language you Bob types like, we're "making you play our game". 

Who's game was being played in 49-U tonight anyway?
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #1853 on: January 05, 2008, 07:44:53 PM

Lag's?
jape
Terracotta Army

Reply #1854 on: January 05, 2008, 11:17:14 PM

Endie:

So, let me get this straight.

Coalition brought pretty much everything, including temp nap with MC and still you claim it was BoB who caused the lag and (intentionally) crashed the node.

Does that make any goddamn sense to you (or anyone)? :p
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: