Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 09:03:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1968947 times)
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1785 on: December 30, 2007, 06:59:27 PM

FIX is packing it in for Empire?  So, what, BoB is all alone now?

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #1786 on: December 30, 2007, 07:24:15 PM

To put it in a nutshell: Republic converts to a dictatorship, strong corps are kicked out because they don't like it, active organizers are pushed aside because they won't fall in line, alliance becomes incapable of operation without active involvement of dictator.  Dictator goes MIA, showing up just enough to prevent his replacement, alliance completely fails to respond to serious threat, gets rolled.  Dictator "takes full responsibility" but denies that he actually made any mistakes.  Sycophants tell him he's being too hard on himself.  But I'm not bitter.

I learned an appreciation for the general urge to turn over decision making to someone who acts like an infallible authority that makes me weep for humans in general and Americans in particular.  There's a very important game design implication there somewhere.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #1787 on: December 30, 2007, 08:01:42 PM

To put it in a nutshell: Republic converts to a dictatorship, strong corps are kicked out because they don't like it, active organizers are pushed aside because they won't fall in line, alliance becomes incapable of operation without active involvement of dictator.  Dictator goes MIA, showing up just enough to prevent his replacement, alliance completely fails to respond to serious threat, gets rolled.  Dictator "takes full responsibility" but denies that he actually made any mistakes.  Sycophants tell him he's being too hard on himself.  But I'm not bitter.

I learned an appreciation for the general urge to turn over decision making to someone who acts like an infallible authority that makes me weep for humans in general and Americans in particular.  There's a very important game design implication there somewhere.

--Dave

Don't worry, I'm sure we will be over to bail you guys out before the axe falls...
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1788 on: December 30, 2007, 08:21:48 PM

--Dave

Did you move your biggest assets to NPC stations before it all went south?
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #1789 on: December 30, 2007, 08:50:45 PM

I think my freighter is stuck in Z-U, along with probably a billion or so in minerals and another billion in POS bits.  That's maybe 15-20% of my net worth, so I'm not all that concerned.  Truth be told, I've logged in once in the last 4 months, I may never go back.  By the time I do, it will probably have been inflated into triviality.  I may log in just to put them on the market a month or so from now, after the fire sales have cleared.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Drogo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1790 on: December 30, 2007, 08:57:20 PM

You should log in with an alt and join Bat Country, Mahrin, I have heard many people say in the F13 channel they wish you still played and I am sure a little Empire killing would be a nice change for you.
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #1791 on: December 30, 2007, 09:38:20 PM

I think my freighter is stuck in Z-U, along with probably a billion or so in minerals and another billion in POS bits.  That's maybe 15-20% of my net worth, so I'm not all that concerned.  Truth be told, I've logged in once in the last 4 months, I may never go back.  By the time I do, it will probably have been inflated into triviality.  I may log in just to put them on the market a month or so from now, after the fire sales have cleared.

--Dave

Find someone with a Rorqual to jump the minerals out.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1792 on: December 31, 2007, 01:04:31 AM

Don't worry, I'm sure we will be over to bail you guys out before the axe falls...
Now with added accuracy.  awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1793 on: December 31, 2007, 02:35:42 AM

So what? BoB isn't even going to pretend to help their last remaining and most loyal pets? Heh, that's just sad but I suppose it's nice of them to remove any lingering doubts that they thoroughly deserve to lose the war.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1794 on: December 31, 2007, 04:02:23 AM

You should log in with an alt and join Bat Country, Mahrin, I have heard many people say in the F13 channel they wish you still played and I am sure a little Empire killing would be a nice change for you.

Yes, this.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #1795 on: December 31, 2007, 09:06:56 AM

So what? BoB isn't even going to pretend to help their last remaining and most loyal pets? Heh, that's just sad but I suppose it's nice of them to remove any lingering doubts that they thoroughly deserve to lose the war.

If they get lucky BoB might send a titan to help a few evac to delve. I think the general consensus is that FIX dug their own grave. I don't expect anyone to rush to their rescue. I'm sure the same thing was said about LV. A few might be allowed to join BoB corps if they have good KD ratios.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1796 on: December 31, 2007, 09:07:56 AM

I think the general consensus is that FIX dug their own grave.
Yeah, by siding with BoB.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1797 on: December 31, 2007, 09:46:43 AM

Well good then. Now it's just a matter of sitting back and eating popcorn and cheering as BoB is ground into the dust. Unless those few terribly lucky Fix members who are given the incredible honour of joining a BoB corp somehow manage to turn things around.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1798 on: December 31, 2007, 11:00:34 AM

Hey now wait a minute, the only thing that has stopped us in the RSF steam-rolling BoB and its allies out of 8 or 9 regions has been the steady stream of two-time losers they have picked up from LV, Finfleet, Fatal, Corm, SoCo, Rise and the others too unimportant even to remember that have ensured that almost everyone in BoB is used to associating our appearance with them getting violated somewhere veeeery uncomfortable (and no, film fans, I don't mean the back of our Volkswagen).

Oh, wait now.  Waaait a second.  I think I see what I did there...

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1799 on: December 31, 2007, 05:09:37 PM

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #1800 on: December 31, 2007, 06:20:46 PM

Have you got a link to one of those big maps that shows influence and all that?
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1801 on: December 31, 2007, 06:26:32 PM

Quote from: GoonThread
CAOD told me that giving BoB good fights means they win. Good thing we don't do that.

That made me laugh.   smiley

Have you got a link to one of those big maps that shows influence and all that?

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/Verite/influence.png

-edit- I think this one is more up to date. http://sov.eve-dev.net/maps/influence.png
« Last Edit: December 31, 2007, 06:59:12 PM by Fordel »

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1802 on: January 01, 2008, 04:48:19 AM

If they get lucky BoB might send a titan to help a few evac to delve. I think the general consensus is that FIX dug their own grave. I don't expect anyone to rush to their rescue. I'm sure the same thing was said about LV. A few might be allowed to join BoB corps if they have good KD ratios.

Seriously?  Is there some drama between BoB and FIX we're not aware of?  Because from an outsider's perspective it looks like FIX were your very last allies, hanging on after all the others had either died or decided to shoot BoB.  How did they "dig their own grave" as you put it?

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1803 on: January 01, 2008, 05:09:51 AM

Seriously?  Is there some drama between BoB and FIX we're not aware of?  Because from an outsider's perspective it looks like FIX were your very last allies, hanging on after all the others had either died or decided to shoot BoB.  How did they "dig their own grave" as you put it?

It is alleged that they discussed options with MC a month or so ago.  They may have decided to stick with Bob as a result of those discussions, but merely discussing options is treasonous behaviour.  No mercy for option-discussing pets!

Who are we kidding?  This is what they've done for months.  Despite their contracts, Bob hasn't done more to help any of a string of long-paying pets than send a few titans to evac them.  Not since they got thrown out of Omist and lost the first few operations in Feyth  They didn't even do that much for MC up north, despite promising several titans.

Twitter - Endieposts

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1804 on: January 02, 2008, 04:47:00 AM

KOS have just begun to realize the implications of what they've been saying, I think.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #1805 on: January 02, 2008, 04:57:33 AM

Molle statement

Quote from: Molle
"The Pendylum"

Has swung into each and everyone, in one way or another. We could have chosen to not let it swing into someones face, or, just stay levelheaded and be "nice guys".

This plan, was formed, more then 2 years ago, and it was formed on the basis of getting everyone to attack us. The original plan was told to everyone on the BoB BBQ '06, with pretty pictures.

Some of the original enemies has changed, some are still there, and some will always be there. Some things has gone exactly as we thought, however, we never expected ASCN to fold as they did, and the original plan counted ASCN as one of the major foes in the end. Same with D2, they were also the original foes we thought we're going to be a powerblock, however, that drastically changed as well.

Some events, however unfortunate, has helped us reach critical mass, and we're getting close to that final critical mass now, but we're still not there. A quick estimation will be that we reach critical mass in about 1-2 months from now.

Most of you people say "when BoB looses Delve", I, myself, prefer the term "if".

Epic fights is what we are made of, epic fights and wars is what made us, epic wars and fights is not what will ever break us. We have what we want, exactly what we want, epic fights just around the corner, and for a unforseen future to come, we will keep having them, right on our doorstep... Forgive me, but im drooling.

Oh, and just so that make no mistake.

We're better then you.

Funny stuff.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1806 on: January 02, 2008, 05:15:18 AM

Funny stuff.

Oh god by kicking the shit out of BoB, destroying their pets and ruining their e-image we've been playing into the hands all along  Cry  Molle truly is da puppetmaster
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1807 on: January 02, 2008, 06:44:11 AM

"The Pendylum"

Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #1808 on: January 02, 2008, 08:55:55 AM

"The Pendylum"
It's our choice to win or lose and we choose to lose because losing is fun! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #1809 on: January 02, 2008, 09:02:58 AM

I don't know, not to say that Molle isn't full of shit, but BoB could have sat in their little corner.  They could have been nice.  And we wouldn't have this war.  Eve 0.0 wouldn't even be worth talking about.

"Me am play gods"
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #1810 on: January 02, 2008, 09:40:05 AM

That's great, their master plan was to have everyone attack them and get annihilated, right.  I'm pretty sure I read some other posts about them wanting to take over 0.0 entirely and be completely without competition.

Whatever they say now is irrelevant, it's the winners of wars who get to write the history.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1811 on: January 02, 2008, 10:13:42 AM

Whoah, I haven't read Scrapheap Challenge in a long time, and now I remember why.  The fact that every single poster isn't snorting their drinks out their nose in amazed hilarity shows just how weak their critical reading skills are.

Suddenly Wagaa, Coranor, Molly and a couple other of the incompetent Bob mouthpieces come out with this "yeah well this is how we planned it all haha everything is proceeding as intended" nonsense, within hours of each other with each spouting minor variations on the same script, and people don't say "um, guys, that sounds kinda forced.  Did you have a meeting?"

We've seen the outrage, the despondency, the impotent fury.  I mean, Molly, you do know we read your forums, yes?  I've watched Bob's offensive and then defensive campaigns peter out as their members tire of losing ships or of not being able to fight.  I've seen their prime-time participation go down, down, down...  And we've all seen the repeat losers from laughable corps we've already defeated that have been allowed to join in the hopes of keeping their numbers up.

This "hay guys we're having the best time ever instant PvP" doesn't gel with what we're actually seeing.  Of course, there will be a few empire-based players that don't see it, don't educate themselves about the context, and still believe it.  But surely nobody involved in the fight actually buys this horseshit?

Twitter - Endieposts

Kamen
Terracotta Army

Reply #1812 on: January 02, 2008, 10:17:37 AM

The recent Molle posts have removed any shred of dignity and respect people once held for Bob.  They've moved from being propaganda and PR, to utterly bizarre.

If ever an alliance needed an official spokesman to prevent their own leadership from making everyone associated with the alliance look like fools, this was it.
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #1813 on: January 02, 2008, 10:24:45 AM

The recent Molle posts have removed any shred of dignity and respect people once held for Bob.  They've moved from being propaganda and PR, to utterly bizarre.

If ever an alliance needed an official spokesman to prevent their own leadership from making everyone associated with the alliance look like fools, this was it.

That post (and the Bobbite posts following it) was comedy gold.  I can't remember the last time I laughed out loud at a computer screen.  I'm not sure what level of cognitive dissonance a person would have to actually believe that statement, but I'm sure there must be an entry for it in the CHPD.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1814 on: January 02, 2008, 11:53:07 AM

LC, I'm not even playing anymore so this doesn't even represent a single FIXian, never mind FIX in general, but *fuck you* and the rest of BoB if you think we "dug our own grave".  For the last 3 years, we've been fighting your enemies because we refused to turn on you.  Even right to the end we could have turned on you, on any rational terms *should* have turned on you, but we held the line and valued our dignity and honor more than our own survival.  We stood by you jackasses not because you deserved it, but because we wouldn't allow ourselves to do less.  We went to the wall, over and over, to defend someone we knew didn't give a shit about us because your enemies considered us an easier target.

Now, they've finally managed to beat FIX down, and the best you assholes can do is "well, they deserved it"?  Yeah, we deserved it for not realizing two years ago that if someone wanted to beat on your arrogant ass, instead of standing in the doorway we should have just stood aside and let them do it.  This isn't *our* grave we've found ourselves in and we didn't dig it, you did and it's yours.  But that's okay, you've done a lot of digging and there's still plenty of room.

--Dave
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 12:16:24 PM by MahrinSkel »

--Signature Unclear
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1815 on: January 02, 2008, 12:42:29 PM

Yeah, even from my first experiences in this big war...we went down and paid FIX a visit (diff Northern corp/alliance). Good fights were had. They have been defending and dealing with raiding parties in their space for how long now? Sure, many times Bob brought help when they needed it but their help was always their holding the line. Out of all the fallen GBC alliances, FIX by far has earned the most respect from me. E-Honour tanking until the end, you gotta have some respect for that kind of loyalty  even if to some foolish.

I truly hope that FIX survive the removal from their space, and if the last year is any indicator I believe they have what it takes to do it. 

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
neep
Terracotta Army

Reply #1816 on: January 03, 2008, 03:26:35 AM

When Kugutsumen hacked the BoB boards years ago, among a lot of other stuff he made public, he also posted this in 2006.

DB Preacher reminded everyone that the original plan was:

1. attack ascn, piss them off, take out capital fleet.
   2. attack d2-, piss them off, take out capital fleet.
   3. Spend next year in delve with all of eve attacking us.

Sir Molle rectified dbp's post saying that it was supposed to be D2 first.

That was back in 2006, I really don't see what all the fuss is about now, seeing we have been pretty much consistent in making war with everyone.
In the early days BoB had to go look for a fight and people tended to dock or run away. Hence the plan to attack all major power blocks and make war come to us. It has been rather successful in getting us fights all the time and that was what we set out to do, and have enjoyed very much so far.
No need to get your knickers in a twist because there is a Molle post about it smiley
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1817 on: January 03, 2008, 03:34:10 AM

Whoah, I haven't read Scrapheap Challenge in a long time, and now I remember why. 
Because the mods there are idiots?

It's going to be...interesting to see what happens with the wider EVE community - there's been a pervasive pro-BoB bias...or, more accurately, a pro-"type of player who stereotypically joins BoB" bias (high skillpoint count, flies T2 ships or capitals/supercaps exclusively, been playing the game since it launched, etc etc) ranging from fairly subtle (most of SHC bar their politics/battle report forum) to pretty blatant (EVE-Tribune - vis. that attempted hatchet-job on Goonswarm in the October or November issue) and now it turns out that you don't actually need an elite cadre of uberpilots with thirty million skillpoints each subjudgating all 'lesser' pilots to survive in 0.0, and in fact that might even be indirectly detrimental (compare "corp of fifty people and lots of skillpoints each loses one pilot" vs "corp of a thousand people and limited skillpoints each loses one pilot" - which one lost a greater proportion of their corp and also finds it more difficult to find a direct replacement?). And that's not even going into the superiority complex thing which worked so well for BoB.

It's going to be interesting times.

Edit: Neep, that's fine except for the other leaked information from the same time which said that BoB planned to take over all of 0.0, plus the fact that when you were attacking you certainly didn't want 'fun fights' - only to win. "Remote doomsdays against half a dozen strong roaming gangs" ring any bells? POS bowling? Killing offline titans? Free T2 BPOs from CCP devs?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 03:39:28 AM by Simond »

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1818 on: January 03, 2008, 03:55:59 AM

When Kugutsumen hacked the BoB boards years ago, among a lot of other stuff he made public, he also posted this in 2006.

DB Preacher reminded everyone that the original plan was:

1. attack ascn, piss them off, take out capital fleet.
   2. attack d2-, piss them off, take out capital fleet.
   3. Spend next year in delve with all of eve attacking us.

Sir Molle rectified dbp's post saying that it was supposed to be D2 first.

That was back in 2006, I really don't see what all the fuss is about now, seeing we have been pretty much consistent in making war with everyone.
In the early days BoB had to go look for a fight and people tended to dock or run away. Hence the plan to attack all major power blocks and make war come to us. It has been rather successful in getting us fights all the time and that was what we set out to do, and have enjoyed very much so far.
No need to get your knickers in a twist because there is a Molle post about it smiley

No, you see the funny thing is the bit I bolded there.  Everyone has seen the forum and TS porn.  Bob said "hay we'll do this" then bottled it and spent months furiously jumping their fleets up and down between multiple fronts in a desperate attempt to save regions.

Anyone who thinks that Bob wanted to get soundly beaten in 9-9, 46DP et al is mad: they tried everything and failed because they simply weren't good enough at a time when they had numbers, un-nerfed titans and participation advantages.  Anyone who buys the line that Molle (or whoever was using the account at that point) wanted to lose that titan is dumb as a bag of hammers.  Anyone who has already forgotten the whining on Bob's TS channel about "wah wah CCP hate us and want us to lose" clearly needs an ankle tag so their relatives can find them when they wander off thinking they are still in the war.  And we all remember the bleating on CAOD over the M.Pire, MC and other diplomatic disasters.

But now Molle, faced with the fact that he has lost so many operations and so many regions, is grasping desperately at a trial balloon he floated ages ago and suddenly shouting out that "hay this was the plan all along see I'm not the worst alliance leader after all!"

Most of all - and this is the real kicker - Molle's "plan" there is for a different war.  He isn't fighting either of the carebear entities he wanted to get free gang fights from.  Nor did he take out a substantial element of their capfleets before they went elsewhere (though MC performed rather better than Bob).  The horrifying thing for Molle is that he got stalled then beaten in 9-9 by the Goons, and that the Goons are a key element in beating him again and again since then.  The best that he can hope for right now is that he spends the next few months in Delve cock-blocking with cyno-jammers, hot-dropping supercaps on anyone that comes to fight, reduced to a fraction of what they previously were, and laughed at for having been tossed out of so many regions by the Russians, the French and the lol T1 frigate Goons.

Anyway, I am formally announcing my personal plan to fail to attain rock-superstardom.  When, in 12 months, I have indeed failed to achieve this and, as as a result, have lost my house, my friends, my car and my self-respect and find myself being punched daily in the face upon emerging from my tent, I shall be sure to announce my success here!

Twitter - Endieposts

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #1819 on: January 03, 2008, 04:15:15 AM

How stupid are you idiots?  I mean really. 

You didn't know that MC was going to betray you a couple of weeks ago, you whined about them being backstabbers and how 80% of EvE was blobbing you in hundreds of posts all over the place.  Now you expect everyone to believe that it's all part of a master plan?  Why all the MC rage then?

For future reference, it's much more impressive to make a two year plan that ultimately doesn't have you losing a war, do something less ambitious, try for a one year, moderate victory strategy. 

Also the whole "we are better than you" comment, better at what exactly?  Catastrophic event planning?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 06:49:30 AM by Arthur_Parker »
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: