Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 08:17:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1968936 times)
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1505 on: November 01, 2007, 06:01:44 AM

Xiaodown couldn't have been anymore obvious about what he was doing if he tried.
Speaking of stating the obvious: Xaiodown is pronounced 'Chowdown', right?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1506 on: November 01, 2007, 06:14:47 AM

Xiaodown couldn't have been anymore obvious about what he was doing if he tried.
Speaking of stating the obvious: Xaiodown is pronounced 'Chowdown', right?

He's in my alliance (though not my corp so I don't really know em) and I go with 'Zow-down'.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1507 on: November 05, 2007, 12:59:49 AM

What the fuck?  Updates people!

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1508 on: November 05, 2007, 03:20:51 AM

What the fuck?  Updates people!

Well, in the south we're just methodically sieging and destroying hostile POSes in system after system, as we take the systems in the three regions Bob is retreating from.  There are a lot of POSes still left down here, so it takes time, but I'm one of those people who finds POS-shotting kinda relaxing: sitting there, one ear listening out for teamspeak, reading a book and occasionally watching my ship hang there in space while torpedoes slowly drift down towards the tower.  I know that it's costing me virtually nothing of my life (I'd be reading anyway) while someone on the other side faithfully fuelled this tower for months, only to have it destroyed, undefended, the first time it was needed.

I couldn't tell you how many systems we've taken in the last ten days or so.  I've even lost count of how many stations we've taken.

On other fronts, Bob are on the defensive in Catch, still, and have pulled out of (Amarr roleplayer corp) Paxton's system in FSW in Providence, losing a minmatar large tower in the process.  Bob pets YouWhat, who Slayerik was fighting with Tri, have collapsed into acrimony and infighting following their defeat, and are expelling their main capital fleet corp to stop them getting their stuff out of their stations  swamp poop

So it's all just steady momentum towards Fortress Delve, with the interesting note that, if the current Sisi changes to logistics and carriers were to go through, said fortress will be a lot harder to defend in the long run.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1509 on: November 05, 2007, 06:38:13 AM

Well, looks as if TRI currently have no intentions of pushing into Fountain even for pew pew. With all the old north and drone regions guys near us, we seem to stay up here at least for now. Some carebearing happening, like me and my recent Vepas Minimala kill (YEAH BABY), so I'll have ships and poker paid for for a while. Tragny from f13 has joined my corp, but I haven't seen em since he got his Ishtar popped (and it had dual Polycarbs on it : ((((( ). I will say though that we might be getting a little restless soon and run off and punch somebody in the nose. Standard fare.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #1510 on: November 05, 2007, 12:51:24 PM

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1511 on: November 05, 2007, 03:10:41 PM

Indeed it was.   smiley

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1512 on: November 06, 2007, 07:48:49 AM

What a happy map.  For the first time in most Eve players' careers, the Blue is looking rather shrunken.

Outbreak/Evoke, Pandemic Legion and Black Ops are currently hanging around Delve.  So, apparently, are a bunch of independent Russian pirate corps who are now basing out of NPC stations in the region, attracted by the rich pickings of a dozen incompetent an disconsolate pet alliances ("hereafter known as moar targetz rawr evil evil evil  Eat) compressed into one place.  In fact, I do feel that I can legitimately use the icon:  Mob

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #1513 on: November 06, 2007, 12:49:20 PM

What are the dashed circles on that map? Sov4 systems?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1514 on: November 06, 2007, 02:59:25 PM

That's what I thought, though I didn't know bob had a sov 4 constellation in Esoteria... that one confused me.

Twitter - Endieposts

Drogo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1515 on: November 06, 2007, 03:16:59 PM

ISS had SoV4 in Esoteria for quite awhile, if my memory serves me correctly.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 03:48:59 PM by Drogo »
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1516 on: November 06, 2007, 07:38:53 PM

BoB attacked an IAC gang in Catch and took a 44 to 1 K/D ratio (IAC killboard reports it was 44 to 5 though). RAAAA defended 2 AAA towers in FAT in Deep Catch, but BoB now has sov 3 down there making it a lot harder for AAA to defend their towers (they killed 3 BoB cap ships doing it though).

In less interesting but Political news, Tyraxx (user and loser of expensive and rare ships) has stepped down from running IAC, and IAC is now NBSI permanently. Goonfleet knocked back my application to join (anyone in GS willing to sponsor me? IAC has banned forum whoring).

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1517 on: November 07, 2007, 02:47:53 AM

ISS had SoV4 in Esoteria for quite awhile, if my memory serves me correctly.

Yep, but that one is marked separately.  Maybe Bob has it aruond AZN, I dunno.  It won't last, anyway.

Twitter - Endieposts

Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #1518 on: November 07, 2007, 07:36:23 AM

I am really hoping that come 2008 BoB makes a grand return... something like The Empire Strikes Back.  A movie where the "good guys" (can you really call the Goons good guys?) just win and win gets old after a while.  Here's hoping for some sneaky little war-changing development in the next couple months!
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1519 on: November 07, 2007, 08:32:05 AM

(can you really call the Goons good guys?)
"'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides". Lord Vetinari, 'Guards! Guards!'

awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1520 on: November 08, 2007, 03:53:48 AM

I should have posted this link, which forwards you to each day's latest build of the map.

Edit Comstr do you ever check messages?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 02:41:35 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1521 on: November 13, 2007, 08:00:27 AM

If this is true, things just took a turn for the  awesome, for real.

If.

*Classified, CEOs and former Board eyes only*

Sorry for the dramatic line above but it is necessary at this stage of things.

Last night Chirinako and myself were contacted by MC with regards to the current ongoing war between “Alliance” and “Coalition” forces. Basically MC is that ****ed off with BOB it is on the verge of accepting a contract against them. These leave FIX with 3 possible scenarios.

1. FIX declares neutrality. We would stand alone and probably die horribly.

2. FIX sides with BOB. We bear the full brunt of a MC lead task force. We would probably be under siege for a few months but eventually lose all of our space.

3. FIX takes the different path. What MC would like FIX to do is essentially hire them to attack BOB. The want to have a ***** of them but are loath to take a contract from RSF forces. It’s about this proposal that I speak to you today.

Cliff notes: MC wants FIX to hire MC to attack BoB, in return for a slice of the spoils of war.

Trouble
Terracotta Army

Reply #1522 on: November 13, 2007, 08:43:07 AM

Odds that that is real? If it's real and they do it then this war won't last for much longer.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1523 on: November 13, 2007, 08:50:18 AM

Apparently the original post was real - whether it accurately reflects the thoughts of FIX and/or MC (as opposed to the complaints of one person) is still open to debate.

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1524 on: November 13, 2007, 09:30:32 AM

Am I correct in believing that if MC attacks, it really will be time for the BoB leadership to cower in the Fuehrerbunker?

JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #1525 on: November 13, 2007, 09:32:09 AM

lol.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1526 on: November 13, 2007, 10:06:31 AM

Am I correct in believing that if MC attacks, it really will be time for the BoB leadership to cower in the Fuehrerbunker?

Sure, but this thing stinks.  I can't believe that Fix are that dumb.

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1527 on: November 13, 2007, 01:34:41 PM

Apparently the original post was real - whether it accurately reflects the thoughts of FIX and/or MC (as opposed to the complaints of one person) is still open to debate.

I wasn't going to post anything here but your quote definetely has some merit (MC friend gave me some dirt), I must say im impressed again with Goonie intel.

Trouble
Terracotta Army

Reply #1528 on: November 13, 2007, 01:53:50 PM

loose lips sink ships
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1529 on: November 13, 2007, 03:07:28 PM

aint my ship....lol

Either way, you can tell the post he quoted isn't fake. Bob side is scrambling like crazy, they see whats headed for em.

The real question is, how do the Goonies respond if this does go down? I have heard from some that Goons would never spare MC, but in a situation like this it would seem to be a Win Win to not include MC in the Bob eviction. Once its down, set each other red and pew pew.

Either way, its a hell of a twist if it comes to pass. Part of the reason why I love this game.

Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1530 on: November 13, 2007, 08:02:12 PM

Whether or not goons would spare MC depends a lot on which goon you're talking to. I'm sure the directorate has some sort of political plan that includes the possibility even if most goons see red at MC's name.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1531 on: November 14, 2007, 12:50:13 AM

I'm now officially in goonswarm (Yay thanks Endi), but I would think IAC *probably* wouldn't want to kill FIX, but is happy to keep them red (assuming IAC got FAT and the rest of Deep Catch back), but would be glad to see FIX and MC attack BoB. AAA probably wants to see FIX dead, but AAA wants to see everyone dead.

If McFIX attacked BoB, BoB dies in 2 weeks. MC and FIX living BEYOND that 2 weeks...thats another question. But I say, let FIX show some courage and choose to have a chance, rather than go down with BoB like they will if they stay with them.

Edit addition: Ok, so a MC Corp leader, who doesn't like how BoB treated MC, sends a message to the 2nd in command at FIX offering them a way out of their...fix. FIX can hire MC to attack BoB and they live past Sir Molle's gotterdamring. BoB then gets the intel from their spies in FIX's corp leader chat (indicating at least one of FIX's CEO's is a BoB Spy) and posts it on Eve-O, and demanding publicly for the head of the corp leader in MC (who was probably doing it behind Selenne's back). 

Yet again, a gigantic diplomatic miscalculation and blunder by BoB. Either Selenne buckles down to BoB and fires one of the MC's leaders, or dosn't and BoB looks even weaker to everyone (giving FiX and MC even more reason to attack them). I wounder if Selenne *would* approve of the plan, considering how much they lost because of BoB's not careing about their pets (1 Titan, and all the gear they had up north). 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 06:25:42 AM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1532 on: November 14, 2007, 06:25:58 AM

The funniest thing about this latest dramabomb? It was leaked by a BoB spy inside FIX. What he or she thought that they'd accomplish by that, I have no idea.

Oh, and apparently SirMolle hopped onto the MC chat channel yesterday and demanded that the MC member involved in this got fired immediately...then got laughed off the server.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1533 on: November 14, 2007, 08:05:37 AM

Istvaan Shogaatsu of the
Guiding Hand Social Club  posts
...nothing much really, but it's a large coincendece he does it the same day of a MCFIX/BoB dramabomb.

Kamen
Terracotta Army

Reply #1534 on: November 14, 2007, 08:55:59 AM

The funniest thing about this latest dramabomb? It was leaked by a BoB spy inside FIX. What he or she thought that they'd accomplish by that, I have no idea.

Oh, and apparently SirMolle hopped onto the MC chat channel yesterday and demanded that the MC member involved in this got fired immediately...then got laughed off the server.

BoB leadership wants to provide MC a plausible rationale to join the crusade against them.  The inevitable destruction of BoB is a lot easier to foist of as being because it was BoB vs Everyone situation, and covers up the real reason they are in the position they are now in - incompetent strategic level decisions over the last year.

They know they’re dead, and want to go down in flames in the biggest way possible to salvage some face.
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #1535 on: November 14, 2007, 10:05:23 AM

Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1536 on: November 14, 2007, 10:06:12 AM

Maybe they're even giving FIX a chance to save themselves by turning against them.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1537 on: November 14, 2007, 10:09:06 AM

BoB leadership wants to provide MC a plausible rationale to join the crusade against them.  The inevitable destruction of BoB is a lot easier to foist of as being because it was BoB vs Everyone situation, and covers up the real reason they are in the position they are now in - incompetent strategic level decisions over the last year.

They know they’re dead, and want to go down in flames in the biggest way possible to salvage some face.

But really, they're NOT dead.  So far they've lost a lot of mostly spread-out territory far from what they consider their home turf.  With the huge logistics nerf coming up, defending is going to be a lot easier than attacking halfway across the galaxy.

Which is why this BoB spy and SirMolle's subsequent actions are the stupidest thing ever.  Now excuse me while I go check out the drama on the o-boards.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #1538 on: November 14, 2007, 10:14:56 AM

Somebody tell me if this latest heist on the Goons is real or not.
Kamen
Terracotta Army

Reply #1539 on: November 14, 2007, 11:15:02 AM

Somebody tell me if this latest heist on the Goons is real or not.

Not.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: