Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:00:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1969211 times)
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #1470 on: October 24, 2007, 04:21:31 AM

It's official Heartbreak

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=620578

Direct link to video here:
http://eve-files.com/dl/130663

(so sad, yet so beautiful)
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1471 on: October 24, 2007, 05:18:16 AM

That is actually really fucking cool.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1472 on: October 24, 2007, 06:46:10 AM

So Endie was right all along?  Popcorn

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #1473 on: October 24, 2007, 06:51:32 AM

From an outsiders view this is the only possible play they had left.  Honestly I think it is quite brilliant.  They are doing at least Two good things here:

1. Concentrating their forces and easing their logistics.

2. Taking away targets for their enemies.  When fighting a group like Goon/RSF you provide them constant fuel every time they make a kill.  Flying through and blowing up POS's for weeks/months with no actual resistance will be a new test for them (if that is what happens... honestly it is what I would do in BoB's place).  If you don't give them people to shoot then they start getting bored (is the hope anyway).

If I were Bob the main thing I would focus on is killing this Black Ops group.  It is a Morale war you are fighting on some level... and if you cannot keep your back-lines secure from black-ops ships then people will stop caring about the front lines at all.

In any case I see this as a positive move for the future war... it will make it last longer :).
Kamen
Terracotta Army

Reply #1474 on: October 24, 2007, 07:08:39 AM

So Endie was right all along?  Popcorn

Pretty much.  Any non-BoB fanboi realized they were getting the shit kicked out of them for the last few months.  Only those with severe cases of denial were disputing it.  Although his battle reports had a cheerleading flavor that didn't take away from the fact that they were accurate.  Furthermore, as more and more information comes to light the strategic decisions, diplomacy, and leadership of BoB senior members are finally showing to all what some of us have known for years.

Great video.  The BoB last stand should be epic assuming their vaunted diplomatic efforts don't alienate their few remaining pets.  Very nice of them to concentrate everyone into a limited area for the Goon tidal wave.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1475 on: October 24, 2007, 12:36:41 PM

--Dave (on the gripping hand, I own an interest on the refinery in the middle of that fourth constellation, so I might actually see some payoff on that now)
MahrinSkel.geekPoints++;

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #1476 on: October 24, 2007, 12:53:16 PM

--Dave (on the gripping hand, I own an interest on the refinery in the middle of that fourth constellation, so I might actually see some payoff on that now)
MahrinSkel.geekPoints++;
Just what I thought. Appropriate, given the game though.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #1477 on: October 24, 2007, 01:33:28 PM

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1478 on: October 24, 2007, 01:55:57 PM

2. Taking away targets for their enemies.  When fighting a group like Goon/RSF you provide them constant fuel every time they make a kill.  Flying through and blowing up POS's for weeks/months with no actual resistance will be a new test for them (if that is what happens... honestly it is what I would do in BoB's place).  If you don't give them people to shoot then they start getting bored (is the hope anyway).

No, not really. They've been doing that more or less since the tide shift, when they reclaimed BoB's high point of incursion into RSF space. The Whole 50+:2 POS kill ratio in RSF's favor for awhile and all that.

Focusing on the BlackOps folks is probably a bad idea as well, since it will only further demoralize them when they can't do shit about them. Not until some kind of cloaking nerf or probing boost. Mechanically, the options are extremely limited in countering dedicated cloak teams that aren't complete raging flying tard-boxes.

I'm 50/50 on the ease of logistics thing as well, it may ease their strain, or it may just give their enemies fewer station services to disable.

We shall wait and see I suppose.

-edit- fixed some typo's.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 03:20:41 PM by Fordel »

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Kamen
Terracotta Army

Reply #1479 on: October 24, 2007, 01:59:43 PM

BoB has declared war on both RAZOR and Pure.
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #1480 on: October 24, 2007, 03:58:44 PM

BoB has declared war on both RAZOR and Pure.
A while ago, yes. Stopped their gatecamps from running to empire at every sing of trouble.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1481 on: October 24, 2007, 04:19:37 PM

Slayerik, is it true YW's cyno pos is history?

If so, just how did you do it?  Because i imagine we'll have a bunch of those to deal with in Querious.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #1482 on: October 24, 2007, 04:30:08 PM

"Me am play gods"
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1483 on: October 24, 2007, 04:44:35 PM

Slayerik, is it true YW's cyno pos is history?

If so, just how did you do it?  Because i imagine we'll have a bunch of those to deal with in Querious.

http://tri.exanimo.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=65938

Look at the TRI loses.....Domination control tower FTW I guess. Its like insta pop.

Yes, Cyno's down. Wasn't there (as usual being US time zone) but battle reports just show a ton a battleships. Maybe I can give you more advice after I talk to the guys. 150 Tech II snipers+support seemed to do the trick. I would think a heavily defended Cyno jammer with carrier reppage, a faction tower, and a real fleet would be impregnable ...barring some good luck with Desyncs and what not.

I believe best strategy would be feigning at one and hit a different target, until you are forced to take on a defended one.

The biggest problem wasn't the cyno, but the Domination Tower ... Youwhat's leading killer ;)

« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 04:46:16 PM by Slayerik »

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #1484 on: October 25, 2007, 12:37:13 AM

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #1485 on: October 25, 2007, 07:19:52 AM

Why does that video end with copyright CCP, did BoB make it or did CCP?
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1486 on: October 25, 2007, 07:36:14 AM

*Obligatory Band Of Developers reference*  awesome, for real

More seriously, I think it's because the video uses renders of the actual EVE ship models so the person/people who did it are just being cautious re: copyright.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1487 on: October 25, 2007, 09:01:48 AM

I like this response to the Bob video a lot.  Simple, but superior.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1488 on: October 25, 2007, 09:49:32 AM

That is actually really fucking cool.

Hey WUA, when did you get pinked?

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #1489 on: October 25, 2007, 03:06:01 PM

In related news DICE of BoB just "announced" a birth of new titan by suprisingly DDing their entire get-together frigate tournament.

And you would think only goons grief their own members evil
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1490 on: October 25, 2007, 03:47:11 PM

And stolen from Evoke, which is a pretty laffo coup.  I was on an op to blow that titan up a while back, though it came to nothing in the end.

Twitter - Endieposts

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1491 on: October 25, 2007, 04:01:10 PM

Hey WUA, when did you get pinked?

Check the "UO Team Shitcanned" thread over in News.

Also, the YouTube vids have brought this thread to a whole new level of awesome.  That was a surprisingly classy way for BoB to announce that, yeah, they're losing.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1492 on: October 28, 2007, 02:56:55 PM

Come on Slayerik: it's only fair you get to announce the good news so we can then all have a laugh...

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1493 on: October 28, 2007, 08:23:32 PM

Youwhat surrendered, we're giving them a more than generous 7 day move out period. Looks like we are starting to get some 'pet' alliances around these days, with destiny, ATF, and Frege. 

Though you do have to respect those that stood and fought instead of leaving like little bitches (90% of em). GG

Everyone point and laugh!!!

Next up, harass Bob and Co. in Fountain??? Stay tuned for more TRI action!

Drogo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1494 on: October 29, 2007, 01:02:01 AM

I am curious what was Tri doing before the Great War started. I remember at the start of the war they joined with the Northern Coalition for a little while and then went to hang out in Venal for a few months before they started this rampage of theirs. I just do not know their history before that time. Were they always up north and did they ever hold territory before, or were they just a roaming PvP group up until now like Outbreak? It just seems strange how they went from a non-territorial alliance to the most dominant force in the north in like three months.

Anyways, congrats Slayerik on driving the sixth alliance, unless I am forgetting someone, out of the north since you started your rampage a few months ago.
Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #1495 on: October 29, 2007, 08:26:44 AM

I think "Most dominant force in the north" might be disputed by a couple other Alliances up there... but I agree that it is very interesting to watch a group move from Roving pirates to Land-holding power-brokers.  Honestly, that is one of the things that keeps me attached to EVE... how many games have changes in power THIS late in the game?  Real-world leadership skills are so important to a successful Corp/alliance that when people bring in new and better ways of doing things they can change the face of the game map.

In any case, Grats TRI.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1496 on: October 29, 2007, 09:21:39 AM

Agreed. I wouldn't wanna have to fight RZR/MM in a POS war, no thanks. We'll stick to our roaming pew pew, we've had some fun fights lately. As much as this may be overstated or overplayed, TRI has been good training for a lot of the North. I used to live up here during NAPfast 06 and it was so carebear. We love ganking carebears and isk farmers, to a point where people will get a gang/blob and we fight them. Its fun and good PVP and we help keep the true carebears out. Unless there is a huge political blunder, I don't forsee any actual war between us.

The smart thing for MM/RZR is to let us have our fun in Fountain. Or wherever else we go that doesn't hurt them.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend sorta thing.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1497 on: October 29, 2007, 10:04:58 AM

...but I agree that it is very interesting to watch a group move from Roving pirates to Land-holding power-brokers. 

What'll be more interesting is to see if they turn into the Hopi, Mongols or the Visigoths in the end.  Rampaging barbarian horde, feared by all... until they got some land, went soft and were pummeled by the forces around them.

See barbarians work because they love running around killing this and that and taking other people's work.  Once you give them some land, and they have to be the ones doing the work, things change or the group breaks-up while the 'barbarians' run off to do more barbarism leaving their little group of craftsmen undefended.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1498 on: October 29, 2007, 11:57:42 AM

We are far from soft, but yeah its an interesting study.

We won't be living there anyways, I have no real idea of whats going down but my guess is the alliance will make back some cash in a land sale of sorts. Frege got evicted over in Drone regions but happened to be around for the Youwhat eviction....Does ATF have a home? Maybe ATF gets Cloud and Frege gets Fade? Would we be blue? (probably for a bit) My guess is ATF will stay blue as a allied PVP force for bigger fights (like Praes was). Frege I dont see keeping blue.

Blues make baby jesus cry.

No idea if any of this is right. Hell, I never know what is going on.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1499 on: October 31, 2007, 05:19:56 PM

Hoho, that was a nice try.

What you see there is an ex Veritas member (wasn't F13 in with them for a while?) trying to repeat the whole "there are no goons thing", and waving Smoske's body around in the certain knowledge people goons would shoot at it.  I dunno if some tricksy Bob member was behind the move, or if Xiao ("I didn't know him personally but...") and his two cohorts in the thread were just freelance, but as Vio said in that thread, it looked like a real try at using the usual dead-dude-provoking-a-causus-belli excuse for a Tri-Goon war.

Unfortunately for the OP, and definitely unfortunately for Bob, Darkness stepped in pronto (p.7) and pulled the plug on this one.  He may enjoy shooting goons (Tri have been as far as the 77s station recently) but I suspect he has no interest at all in getting into a Smoske-fuelled, POS-grinding hatewar with them.

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1500 on: October 31, 2007, 05:49:01 PM

The general concensus was WTF in alliance chat.

We'll pew pew with Goonies whenever, but im pretty sure like you said...POS and blob wars are the last thing TRI is looking for.

Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #1501 on: October 31, 2007, 06:27:06 PM

What you see there is an ex Veritas member (wasn't F13 in with them for a while?
F13 corp joined with -V- and payed membership fee's for awhile, yeah.  We just played around and mined/did random pew pew, but weren't really attached/friends with them.  Constant harassment from Red's, plus horrifically incompetent leadership lead to us not paying our dues until they kicked us out.  Most people in the corp cheered when they were destroyed as I recall.  At least that's how I remember it being explained, I quite playing before we departed -V-.

On another note, the first attempt at 0.0 alliance stuff for F13 was with a goonfleet associated alliance (as I recall, was just along for the ride), who actually fucked us much quicker (whole thing fell apart within weeks, and we didn't get back any of our initial buy in money) than -V-.  Think we were up in tribute for this.  So hey, we've had experience with both sides ;).

edit:  Man, I dont know why, but I'm getting the god damn urge to play this stupid game again.  I've been playing it off and on since the beta.  I always quite, hating the damn game for being so shallow on the gameplay front, but eventually I want to play it again because it is different.  Even though I know I'll just be pissed at it again.  What I really wish is that I could just buy a god damned character with the skills to fly big ships.  I'll make the damn money to buy what ever I need, I just don't want to wait 6 months training for it :(.  I think thats what bugs me the most about this game....
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 06:29:49 PM by Teleku »

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1502 on: October 31, 2007, 08:21:57 PM

Last I knew, you could buy characters through CCP for ISK.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #1503 on: November 01, 2007, 02:38:47 AM

The general concensus was WTF in alliance chat.

We'll pew pew with Goonies whenever, but im pretty sure like you said...POS and blob wars are the last thing TRI is looking for.

Given how quickly Tri have killed several alliances recently and the sizes of the fleets involved I expect BoB and Co have taken notice.  I'd guess this is just the first visible sign of someone actively trying to manipulate Tri into a hate war with goonswarm.  Xiaodown couldn't have been anymore obvious about what he was doing if he tried.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1504 on: November 01, 2007, 04:47:41 AM

James 315, before whom all us other Eve propogandists* bow, is at it again, with another cracking post on Eve-O, making reference to the previous dbp/Bob 100 days post.

Highlights:

* Band of Brothers gave up all attempts to capture the Detorid region.
* Band of Brothers lost control of the Tenerifis region.
* Band of Brothers lost control of the Omist region.
* Band of Brothers lost control of part of the Fountain region.
* Band of Brothers "New North" Allies abandoned attempts to capture the Tenal region.
* Band of Brothers "New North" Allies lost control of the Branch region.
* Band of Brothers "New North" Allies lost control of the Deklein region.
* Band of Brothers "New North" Allies lost control of the Fade region.
* Band of Brothers "New North" Allies lost control of the Pure Blind region.
* Band of Brothers "New North" Allies surrendered control of the Cloud Ring region.
* Band of Brothers lost control of most of the Feythabolis region.
* Band of Brothers issued an evacuation order for the Feythabolis region.
* Band of Brothers lost control of part of the Esoteria region.
* Band of Brothers issued an evacuation order for the Esoteria region.
* Band of Brothers issued an evacuation order for the Paragon Soul region.
* Band of Brothers lost tower majorities in nearly a dozen station systems in Feythabolis, Esoteria and Paragon Soul in the last two days.

*Mahrin and I both getting links.  Heavy hitters itt.

Twitter - Endieposts

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: