Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 07:53:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1968929 times)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1225 on: September 23, 2007, 01:05:45 AM

Who lost the Mom? Was it in a blaze of glory or more drunken logged off stupidity?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #1226 on: September 23, 2007, 03:01:51 AM

Both, really.  Mr. Tolon of GoonSwarm fashion jumped into the fight, saw how scary it was and cloaked (not that it would change anything, but it's still amusing)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1227 on: September 23, 2007, 03:08:26 AM

Did he learn nothing from Shrike?  shocked

At least it was "only" a Mom I suppose.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1228 on: September 23, 2007, 05:17:36 AM

Who lost the Mom? Was it in a blaze of glory or more drunken logged off stupidity?
Mr. Tolon of GoonSwarm...
Tolon

99.999% he was drunk and did something stupid.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1229 on: September 23, 2007, 07:02:16 AM

Mr. Tolon of GoonSwarm...
Tolon

99.999% he was drunk and did something stupid.

Too coked up, I'd say.  Really.  Or a mixture of the two.  Less Likely that Tyraxx would have lost another Nyx than Tolon by that time in the morning.

Look at how well the intentional lagging tactics worked, though.  Come next time we really want a system we should use those again.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1230 on: September 25, 2007, 01:30:21 AM

Bob are, today, making a last-ditch, alarm-clocked attempt to save their pets, Corm.  I had to leave to go to work when we started repping the first tower, but we had a decent-ish turnout at what is pretty much our second worst time in the clock.  Bob have titans, motherships, capitals and a fleet, but it looks like their participation continues to fade, so we might just hold on with the first towers.  The worry will be if the extended downtime saves Corm's bacon with the towers due out then.

Edit:  we saved all of our towers, so unless Bob's next alarm clock op gets a bit more interest then Corm are going to need a new system, soon.  They set out to destroy seven of our towers, failed on every single one despite the extended downtime, and ended up with some of their ones in reinforced instead.

Further edit: as i write Shrike is throwing away carriers and dreads in a desperate attempt to prove he is the worst titan pilot in Eve.  I wonder how the guy that he nicked that titan from is feeling at the moment.

Yet another:  For those who don't have access to GF, Shrike thought he would be clever and set himself up as bait.  RA and GF then ignored the bait (other than bubbling him and hitting him enough to provoke carriers going into triage) and then started murdering his support and cap fleet.  Sure enough, multiple Bob dreads and carriers are going down.

Purdy spacepic
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 11:15:15 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1231 on: September 25, 2007, 12:09:50 PM

Well, that explains mutantspin being up.  smiley

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1232 on: September 25, 2007, 12:23:20 PM

Yep, i think we got a dozen of their caps.  I heard we might have lost an RA dread, dunno...  We also slaughtered a fortune in fighters: the estimate I got was over fifty, with probably a few more than that figure killed, too, so probably another one and a half capital hulls in fighters, which Luckyduck (the retard from the Rise morale kiling speech, who also lost his carrier) says count because a kill is a kill, even a T1 goon frigate at a fraction of that cost.

So we have uncontested POS superiority in one (or both?  POS stuff is tricky...) of the station systems of one of Bob's two key pets, and Rise's only remaining friend in Feyth, despite Bob alarm-clocking and sending in two titans, 7 motherships and a carrier swarm.  And we took the Bob "steamroller" to bits (according to Bob trolls on CAOD 12 capital losses is a sure sign that your alliance is collapsing).  And the Reds are back, with a taste for fresh meat.  And Luckyduck provoked Rise to lose most of their 40-man fleet in the first jump of a roaming gang. Happy days.

Twitter - Endieposts

JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #1233 on: September 25, 2007, 04:44:22 PM

Further edit: as i write Shrike is throwing away carriers and dreads in a desperate attempt to prove he is the worst titan pilot in Eve.

Actually, for shitty situation he got himself into, he and rest of BoB proved to be an awesome commanders and PvP with saving so much of the fleet. I'm pretty sure that if situation was to be reversed (as in russians were in command of BoB fleet;I'm not emntioning goons here), we would be looking at titan, 4 motherships and shitton of assorted dread&carrier deaths.

Also, for tactical situation you got yourself in, you RSF fucker really bad killing so few of us.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1234 on: September 26, 2007, 12:48:49 AM

Bob and pets try to bait RSF fleet, lose a dozen capitals and immense billions in carriers, fittings and T2 ships, declare victory.

Edit, forgot that losing POS superiority in a station system despite alarm-clocking was also part of this mighty and crushing success for Bob.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 12:51:22 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1235 on: September 26, 2007, 06:20:35 AM

Speaking of recklessly losing ships, Tyrrax (of Gold Magnate, Impoc & stolen mothership fame) has a new toy - a Silver Magnate.

Guesses on how long this particular ultra-rare ship will last - one week? Two? smiley

JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #1236 on: September 26, 2007, 06:28:50 AM

Uhm, wasn't supposed to be running a Titan found for a while?
Might explain a lot;p
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1237 on: September 26, 2007, 09:14:59 AM

I'd say Tyraxx will lose it in 6 days.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1238 on: September 26, 2007, 09:23:56 AM

Well, I've already got one bet with Joe that I'm confident of winning, I'm prepared to go double or quits on this: I think Corm will lose all their stations not just before IAC fall but before Tyrrax loses his new shiny Silver Magnate.

Twitter - Endieposts

Drogo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1239 on: September 26, 2007, 04:48:50 PM

So how come I am not hearing much on RSF taking out Rise yet? It has been nearly three weeks since there was a lot of talk about Rise being the next to fall and yet there does not seem to be any movement in that direction? Sure Rise is getting camped by PL and the pep talk was comedy, but when is RSF actually going to start taking down RISE POSes and stripping them of their stations? Has the fight in that direction been abandoned to take out CORM first or have the attempts to take over RISE space just failed? I would think that RSF has enough troops in different time zones to be destroying both CORM and RISE at the same time.

Just curious to know why their space seems unchanged on the influence map?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1240 on: September 26, 2007, 05:46:33 PM

Well, I know that despite all their boasts of having withstood six months of sieges we've yet to actually attack Rise properly.  In traditional manuevre warfare terms i suppose you could say that they are neutralised and bypassed for now: they pose no threat whatsoever to our other operations, they are dying by themselves (almost 30% down, with another 5% drop in membership in the last few days), and we have certain logistical advantages that will become available to us that will make them even more insignificant.  As the hapless Luckyduck said, a thousand or so Rise are being neutralised by 25 PL guys, as well as providing non-stop morale boosts to the RSF.  Why stop what works so well?

I'm not one of the GF strategists, obviously, so you can guess as well as i can, but I can see why we'd avoid getting drawn into the sort of battles that Bob might have some chance at in RIT, with a single entry point to be lagbombed by fighter swarms, sov 4 etc...  We have a lot of momentum right now, after all: Corm were a 500-strong alliance with a (admittedly useless) thousand-man ally nearby and Bob there for the major battles, and we'll still have taken their stations in only a few days of fighting.  I don't see why it would have been better to do anything different from a massive success like that?

My guess is that Bob thought we'd be held up with positional siege warfare in RIT and 0O0Y- when they went on their abortive Schlieffen plan attack on IAC (you can tell all you need to about how well that is going from Dave's silence).  The fact that we've found a way to make RIT useless to them and evict their other big pet in the south looks like them being wrong-footed again.

Twitter - Endieposts

Drogo
Terracotta Army

Reply #1241 on: September 26, 2007, 06:19:34 PM

That all makes sense and it still appears that RSF still has the momentum in this war, I just wondered what was up with RISE. I see RISE as the second most important BoB pet after Fix and was hoping to see them go down. It seems like it would be a major morale victory to strip them of Sov4 and kick them from their system. With RISE  trapped in their home system though, I can see it making more strategical sense to bypass their defensive area and focus on taking down the softer targets first and coming back for them later when BoB may not be able or as interested in helping to defend the territory. RISE might just surrender given enough time and PL harassment.

I know you are not a military planner for your alliance, but I am curious what you would do next if you were in charge? Continue to drive out CORM and head toward Executive Outcome territory to remove another small pet, swing north and take Feythabolis area to cut off RISE and Digital Renegades from the rest of the GBC or turn back to RISE and try to crack their defensive turtle. It seems like it could be an interesting decision that will be made in the next week or two. My vote would be head toward Executive Outcome and try to deprive BoB of as many paying renters as possible, but I have no idea of the logistics involved or how feasible or sound leaving Feythabolis unconquered would be. I just enjoy reading the posts and looking at the influence map while trying to armchair general the war.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #1242 on: September 26, 2007, 08:12:30 PM

IOW, you're waiting for Sov 3 to extend your JB chains to the edge of the new frontier before you get serious about Rise.

--Dave

EDIT: And my silence has nothing to do with what is happening in our theatre (from what I understand, we're winning, FAT either has fallen or is expected to fall soon, 25S certainly has, nothing of importance is happening in Querious).  RL, plus some internal FIX political drama, has meant I haven't even logged in for weeks (need to set skills again, I guess).
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 08:16:24 PM by MahrinSkel »

--Signature Unclear
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1243 on: September 27, 2007, 01:56:23 AM

IOW, you're waiting for Sov 3 to extend your JB chains to the edge of the new frontier before you get serious about Rise.

The Eye of Terror opening up one jump from RISE's home systems is, certainly, a factor.  I loved that clueless Rise guy in the TS transcript saying that they'd discussed it a while back and their commander weren't worried.  Lying to themselves about having a jump-bridge allowing practically invulnerable and almost immediate travel to their home constellation for the whole of GF and their allies from our major staging areas won't help them win when hundreds of angry goons and Russians can get down there in minutes for a "shrike is tackled" call.  There are other things, too, however.

EDIT: And my silence has nothing to do with what is happening in our theatre (from what I understand, we're winning, FAT either has fallen or is expected to fall soon, 25S certainly has, nothing of importance is happening in Querious).

From a Fix perspective taking a few weeks to take FAT might be winning, but the bigger picture for Bob is that they'll (probably) eventually have taken a station (one that's probably swapped hands more often than any other in the south!) and lost a region and a variety of key pets.  Not a good exchange.  But what is the alternative?  Admit defeat in Catch and head down to Feyth again to save their other pets, leaving Fix (down a quarter in numbers since the campaign started) and MC to haemorrhage caps and supercaps again against the Russians and a rejuvenated IAC?

I know you are not a military planner for your alliance, but I am curious what you would do next if you were in charge? Continue to drive out CORM and head toward Executive Outcome territory to remove another small pet, swing north and take Feythabolis area to cut off RISE and Digital Renegades from the rest of the GBC or turn back to RISE and try to crack their defensive turtle. It seems like it could be an interesting decision that will be made in the next week or two. My vote would be head toward Executive Outcome and try to deprive BoB of as many paying renters as possible, but I have no idea of the logistics involved or how feasible or sound leaving Feythabolis unconquered would be. I just enjoy reading the posts and looking at the influence map while trying to armchair general the war.

Well, I wouldn't turn the tanks south towards Kiev after Smolensk :-D  In those terms, I'd offer the Ukraine limited self-government (in Siberia).

I'd ask what would Rise leadership prefer, and do something else?  I think they'd prefer to gamble on the outcome of a set-piece engagement, with Bob down in numbers to protect them, and all the advantages of sov 4 behind them.  What they'd hate, I suspect, is a continuation of a situation where their members can't mine, can't rat, can't clone, can't pvp, can't refine, can't build, and where everything on the market has been relisted so high that it hurts.  The cloning service in particular hurts: if you can't update your clone, would you jump in another ship to fight back and risk losing skill points?

All of which brings about a situation in which the Mittani can get to work, chipping away at member corps, turning each against the other, offering a chance to get out with their stuff to the first corp or two which leaves so that they compete with each other to fail.

In the meantime I'd keep pressure up on the three remaining south-Feyth stations and make a probing push into Esoteria.  Keep bouncing Bob's pilots up and down between their southern and northern pets, keep the system scoreboard ticking over, keep reminding them how inexorable the advance is, how meaningless their isolated tactical successes in D2, 66-, R97, 2-r/K9 etc were when we own each of those systems now anyway.  Shrike is a great asset to us, here: to be dumb enough to throw away the moral advantage of killing a dozen caps by losing 12 of his own within a day or two is unbelievably dumb.  As i said a week or so ago, getting him or DC or the like banned when they do clownshoes stuff like that would be disastrous.

Immediate edit:  Oh, and I'd use French and Russian help to put POSes into reinforced in several locations in a night.  So, for instance, 0O0Y-, JO- and ZS-.  Force Bob to decide which to defend, cherry-pick the ones with the worst timings, force Bob to alarm-clock for 2 or 3 days straight:  all useful stuff.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 02:01:49 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1244 on: September 27, 2007, 02:20:12 AM

Oh, did someone mention RISE? There's a thread in The War Room about them....

As you all know, RISE is falling appart.

And it is not even due to hostile pressure, we are killing ourselves by doing the wrong things. Some people will hate me even more because I speak franckly, but I don't care. Our biggest threat atm is our poor leadership and we need to make it a primary objective. It's either RISE changes leadership or it will loose even more people including mysleft and other know pilots.

So, lets see.

Contact Lokesh to take over if you have this profile:

- Lots of eve experience
- Dedicated to eve (play time)
- Smart and leader by nature.
- Able to reform a new mi

Once this will be established, this new leader should reform a new council, to consult, but only one person needs to take final decisions.

This might look like a personal initiative from my part, but I have consulted many, many high ranked pilots in RISE before sending this.

When/If this is achieved, we might have a chance...

As for the RIT triangle....
Thanks to the great "leave core and do something else"-thing we are unable to do a thing. At least not without losing precious training time. Or, at least, it got MUCH MUCH harder.

ALL, I repeat, ALL cloning facilites in core are DOWN, and there's noone to repair them. As I'm writing this, core gang is completely empty, noone is around.

We can't fight because our clones were in 5P and the cloning facility is down. That means, If we die we're losing like a month of training time, and we can't move clones away from core without leaving core, which is hard to do in one piece with all the hostiles around. And, you can't set up a new jumpclone should you lose the one you have here. You have to make it back in one piece.

If we don't act now it will be our undoing.

Signed by an angry Thercon Jair and an equally upset Meyung Chan
Explanation: 'The Core' is what RISE calls the RIT triangle. RISE have been told to leave and go fight KOS from elsewhere, basing out of POSes, instead of defending it. Pandemic Legion & BlackOps have spent the better part of a fortnight knocking out station facilities in RIT (etc). This now means that unless RISE pilots have jumpclones set up and ready, they cannot upgrade their clones (leading to skill point loss on death) or even change their clone location (so no podjumping, either).

If they fight, they die and lose skillpoints. If they run, all gates are bubbled so they'll get killed...and lose skillpoints. Oh, and SNIGG just wardecced RISE so that they can kill all the RISE pilots who are flying round in Empire at the moment.

The only question about RISE is whether they hold on for the Eye of Terror to open, or implode before then.

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1245 on: September 27, 2007, 02:24:34 AM

What the hell is the Eye of Terror?

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1246 on: September 27, 2007, 02:27:58 AM

Terminus of a jumpbridge chain...but "The Eye of Terror" is a much more evocative name, don't you think?  :-D

In other words, a RSF FC can put out a call for pilots and we can get a few hundred ships from Scalding Pass to RISE's doorstep in about quarter of an hour with minimal chance of running into camps along the way.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 02:29:48 AM by Simond »

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1247 on: September 27, 2007, 02:31:35 AM

Catchy, isn't it?

Eve added jump bridges a few patches ago: if you hold onto a system long enough, one of the things you can build is a kinda portal thing that lets you travel several systems at once without having to leave the safety of your player-owned structure gun coverage.  That means you can travel long distances very quickly and in safety.

The logistics guys in our alliance have done a pretty awesome job, and unless Bob can stop us then we'll open another gate up right next door to RISE's home systems, and between them and any allies, in P8.

You can see it here in this publicly available map: look at the long blue dotted line.  It's not updated with all of the links, for obvious reasons, but look above the "L" in Feythabolis for the future location of the Eye of Terror.  The RIT triangle, Rise's temporary home, is the suddenly isolated-looking bit to the right of that.

Edit: I hadn't see the forum porn from Rise yet, Simond.  You have made my morning.  That is delicious.

Twitter - Endieposts

Terracotta Army

Reply #1248 on: September 27, 2007, 06:31:47 AM

Catchy, isn't it?

Yes almost a shame Games Workshop thought of it first  :-D
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1249 on: September 27, 2007, 07:29:16 AM

Anyone take the time to put together an over time Zone of Control map?  I'd like to see how the borders have changed over the last year or so.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1250 on: September 27, 2007, 07:30:30 AM

Catchy, isn't it?

<-------dinosaurs--------bible stuff---------------------YOU ARE HERE---------------now>

I take it that you haven't seen the Games Workshop box with the Rise logo photoshopped in that is the whole point of the name in the first place?

I'm at work, so I'll never find a copy that isn't blocked from me by websense (every day that GF doesn't get caught is a blessing, even if when I do eventually install logmein to get round it I'll be able to run market trades from work), but yes, that's the reference.

Twitter - Endieposts

Kamen
Terracotta Army

Reply #1251 on: September 27, 2007, 07:37:53 AM

My son also plays Eve, and is a rather senior member of Snigg in PL.  As his computer is in the same room as mine I have the opportunity to look over and see what's happening in The Great War, and get updates from the Snigg point of view whenever I like.

Frankly, the way a handful of them can sit with impunity in an important system (home system?) of what was considered a pretty strong alliance blasting their station services day after day, surprised me.  Although more often than not RISE has superior numbers I have only seen a couple of half hearted attempts at undocking and fighting back.

Also, according to my son, the quality of RISE ships and fittings has been pretty poor recently.  I suppose that's because they can't even fit them out with the station services being down so much, or bring in new supplies with the PL guys keeping the system locked down.  I would guess that there are also some that can't update their clones, and are unwilling to risk skill point loss.  The daily dwindling of the number of RISE pilot's in the system would seem to indicate that their members are leaving/moving/not logging on.

I really don't see how RISE can hang on after the coalition gets serious about kicking them out.
Vinadil
Terracotta Army

Reply #1252 on: September 27, 2007, 08:38:27 AM

The sheer immensity of this game is one of the things that keeps me paying those crazy CCP guys... even though I never see but a tiny little part of what happens in it.  I love reading about these great wars though, and I love the ability that CCP has given to the players to totally change the shape of such a large part of the game map.

It is wierd though, that part of me is starting to hope that BoB can come up with some tide-changing strategies... as it is no fun to "watch" a one-sided victory.  As fan sitting in the stands, I love to see a good game.  This one just seems to one-sided these days.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1253 on: September 27, 2007, 03:14:10 PM

More Great Mittani forum porn:

Edit: for context, this is from MC's forums.  And also interesting is that our Rex is a recent refugee from Bob, and was a member untill 3 weeks ago.

Originally Posted by MC thread, 'Whats Happening!?
Admentus [BDCI]

Dude - MC have completely shifted tactics; I don't get why they haven't noticed we achieve a super high sucess rate and they achieve now a 45/55 success rate.

---

Ferocious FeAr [ETNY]

Tactics have to be adjusted since the game is changing. MC has adapted, BoB seems to do some abnormal stuff....don't know why but I guess that's how they are.

---

Admentus [BDCI]

You know who else have done abnormal things?

A lot of our opponent alliances that have died.

It's very very obvious that BOB's morale is on a downward turn. Restructuring is in order.

---

MakkAnzy [CONIN]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admentus [BDCI] View Post
You know who else have done abnormal things?

A lot of our opponent alliances that have died.

It's very very obvious that BOB's morale is on a downward turn. Restructuring is in order.

Lets hope that this restructuing happens soon. I swear bob has A.D.D. and can not focus on one thing at a time. Are we still focusing on dragging this war out in Catch til Thanksgiving? I am A.D.D., so how many ships did we lose in this fight? Whats happening since I am at school all day?

---

Hans Roaming [BDCI]

Default Re: whats happening!?
I think there is a possibility that BoB will just go north like the Five did.

---

Seleene [BDCI]
Bitch in charge

BoB need to evolve, not to put it lightly. They are still fighting like it's 2006 IMO

---

Rexthor Hammerfists[ETNY]

if bob command would listen to any1 about changing tactics outside of bob,
it would be the mc command.
i dont see bob or us having a chance winning this war, or keeping the space we got if the joint forces arent "joint",
so before saying we dont join em anymore id even treaten bob first to change things, or better yet, have a say too,
before pulling back our forces when bob still counts on us.

i realize im stepping over the line with this, and will stop posting about that,
but had to get it out -no offense meant.

---

Mynas Atoch [ETNY]
MC Leadership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexthor Hammerfists[ETNY] View Post
if bob command would listen to any1 about changing tactics outside of bob,
it would be the mc command.
i dont see bob or us having a chance winning this war, or keeping the space we got if the joint forces arent "joint",
so before saying we dont join em anymore id even treaten bob first to change things, or better yet, have a say too,
before pulling back our forces when bob still counts on us.

i realize im stepping over the line with this, and will stop posting about that,

We effectively presented them with a plan to take Catch. They appeared to agree. Then didn't do any of it. We hauled them back to the table. They told us it sounded a great plan, and still haven't done much more. We've just wasted two weeks and now AAA appear to be back in the fight after us ringing their bell and making them hide for a week. With this momentum, its going nowhere fast - call me when you are serious.

---

Griffinator [CONIN]

tbh we need to inform BoB that its steam roller time they need to go system by system nukeing everything,

not ignoring the plans that are drawn up, nor the ones that are agreed upon or those that at least appear to have been, exactly the same way it happened in the north, system by system with MC in the lead,

no offense to BoB but they haven't had a break in months we have.

IRON crumbled fast as did D2, now i know its a different fight down here but the same principles should apply,

want some ones alliance dead? take it one at a time,

yes fine catch doesn't seem that important but if you nuke the little guys first then the rest of the coalition will melt away, oh one other thing leaving your "pet" alliances to die sucks they have stood beside you, they all probably had the chance to change sides but they said "no i will stick to what i have got and said my standing's stay as they are"

shit needs to change and to change fast, tell them its not 2006 anymore the tactics they are using atm won't work no more they need to adapt or fold

---

Seleene [BDCI]
Bitch in charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexthor Hammerfists[ETNY] View Post
ii realize im stepping over the line with this, and will stop posting about that,

Rex - I don't know what it's like in BoB and, frankly, the more I work with them directly the less I am starting to care. For one thing, it's hard to step 'over the line' in MC. Leadership here (myself, especially) dislike shy and soft spoken people. We like it when our members speak thier minds because that's usually the best way to decide who to promote around here.

"Sounds like you've got a handle on the situation! You're in charge now!"

While I like quite a few people in BoB, the differences between BoB and MC as alliances and fighting forces have never been more painfully obvious than in the last couple weeks.

Mynas's latest post is spot on. There are political and military aspects to this campaign that BoB just cannot seem to tighten up on. That's being worked on quite heavily ATM and the next few days will be the test of that IMO.

All I'll say with regard to the "war" is this - BoB never should have attacked ASCN. An ASCN / LV / BoB alliance would have been an insane wall of metal. AAA and IAC would already be a memory. But now we're stuck with what IS. The only good thing about ASCN's defeat was that MC benefitted by picking up some of thier best members. It's just too damn bad those people were not allowed to make a difference as part of a much stronger 'Alliance'.

One last thing to any of you who doubt it - My loyalty is to the MC, to YOU. BoB is in no way, shape or form in control of me or this alliance. We are involved right now because I think everyone here agrees that it's time to put the nails in IAC's coffin and finish things. We picked up new land as part of the deal and are continuing to build profitable relationships with long time friends.

Don't think for a minute that MC is on anyone's strings. There are always plans within plans and I'm not one to tie our destiny to any specific path. The MC will always adapt and overcome.

---

emsigma [CONIN]

Sometimes I wonder why bob has the reputation they have tbh.

Oh and TCF casually took an ISS station system today.  One large and a bunch of offline large POSes, which of course got popped.  If you have ISS shares (lol) you should take advantage of their buyback at cost while you can.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 03:24:14 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #1254 on: September 27, 2007, 03:26:55 PM

BoB seems to have fallen into the trap of believing that superior tactics and discipline win wars.  They don't.  When all other factors are equal, they can win battles time after time and lead to winning wars.  But all other factors are rarely equal.  Tactics win engagements, strategies win campaigns, but logistics win wars.  The extreme south is logistically over-stretched for BoB, something they used to make up for with Titan taxi service.  But they don't seem to be moving into the next phase of JB-centered logistics in any kind of planned way, only placing a handful of JB pairs where they cut large numbers of jumps rather than systematic end-to-end chains.  It's worth placing JB's that do not cut *any* jumps from a route, strictly to allow for easy hauler support of the front without every POS fuel or market run turning into a minor op or potential setback.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #1255 on: September 27, 2007, 03:30:37 PM

The sheer immensity of this game is one of the things that keeps me paying those crazy CCP guys... even though I never see but a tiny little part of what happens in it.  I love reading about these great wars though, and I love the ability that CCP has given to the players to totally change the shape of such a large part of the game map.

It is wierd though, that part of me is starting to hope that BoB can come up with some tide-changing strategies... as it is no fun to "watch" a one-sided victory.  As fan sitting in the stands, I love to see a good game.  This one just seems to one-sided these days.

While BoB seem to be stuck in a rut since supercapitals got nerfed you have to remember they were steamrollering before then.  They killed their old nemesis D2 in very short order and turned the north into a confusing mess.  They were really close to breaking Goonfleet's morale too.  I think despite the impressions you may get from this thread things have only really swung from complete annihilation to something near to a stalemate.  Once pets and easy targets are dealt with I think we'll see more heart from the Alliance but by then fighter bombing could well be nerfed so things promise to be quite interesting.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1256 on: September 27, 2007, 04:25:36 PM

BoB seems to have fallen into the trap of believing that superior tactics and discipline win wars.  They don't.  When all other factors are equal, they can win battles time after time and lead to winning wars.  But all other factors are rarely equal.  Tactics win engagements, strategies win campaigns, but logistics win wars.  The extreme south is logistically over-stretched for BoB, something they used to make up for with Titan taxi service.  But they don't seem to be moving into the next phase of JB-centered logistics in any kind of planned way, only placing a handful of JB pairs where they cut large numbers of jumps rather than systematic end-to-end chains.  It's worth placing JB's that do not cut *any* jumps from a route, strictly to allow for easy hauler support of the front without every POS fuel or market run turning into a minor op or potential setback.

--Dave

Dave, I have to say you are right on. Well put.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #1257 on: September 28, 2007, 02:39:47 AM

Catchy, isn't it?

<-------dinosaurs--------bible stuff---------------------YOU ARE HERE---------------now>

I take it that you haven't seen the Games Workshop box with the Rise logo photoshopped in that is the whole point of the name in the first place?

I'm at work, so I'll never find a copy that isn't blocked from me by websense (every day that GF doesn't get caught is a blessing, even if when I do eventually install logmein to get round it I'll be able to run market trades from work), but yes, that's the reference.

Well since someone else didn't even know what the Eye of Terror was I guess I wasnt the only one 'behind the times' and the previous explanation of what the Goon Eye was doesnt really explain why the name is so fitting!

Having said that unless it got posted here I wont have seen it, while I browse the official forums the signal to noise ratio stop me reading most of the stuff there (I mainly read C&P anyway)

I appreciate where you're coming from, personally I want BOB to fall as quickly as possible, they're arrogant egotistical twats who were in dire need of receiving vast quantities of their own rectums and now "the cows have come home to roost"

As a former ISS member I've flown with some of the MC guys (Mynas in particular) and I won't tar them with the same brush but I think it's too late to extricate themselves from their relationship with BOB and are probably going to have to 'go down with the ship' as well (not that I think its going to sink particularly quickly)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 02:41:35 AM by 5150 »
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1258 on: September 28, 2007, 05:43:44 AM

The Eve Online forums just took a massive shit, and the last thing I saw was Evil Thug posting about a dead titan...."Thulsa Doom is down." ...he goes on to say something about Seleene getting owned or some shit. Tick tock.

So MC titan down? Confirm/deny?

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #1259 on: September 28, 2007, 05:55:13 AM

The Eve Online forums just took a massive shit, and the last thing I saw was Evil Thug posting about a dead titan...."Thulsa Doom is down." ...he goes on to say something about Seleene getting owned or some shit. Tick tock.

So MC titan down? Confirm/deny?

Confirmed MC titan dead.

2007.09.28 12:30

Victim: Thulsa Doom
Alliance: Mercenary Coalition
Corp: Mercenary Coalition Holding Corp
Destroyed: Ragnarok
System: Classified
Security: 0.0

Involved parties:

Name: Lequid (laid the final blow)
Security: 4.3
Alliance: Against ALL Authorities
Corp: Rage and Terror
Ship: Revelation
Weapon: Dual Giga Beam Laser I

Name: Piqlet
Security: 3.4
Weapon: Dual Giga Pulse Laser I

Name: Burzhuj
Security: 5.0
Alliance: Red Alliance
Corp: REUNI0N
Weapon: Revelation

Name: Sundira Thane
Security: 1.8
Ship: Moros
Weapon: Dual 1000mm Railgun I

Name: CopeLand
Security: -3.0
Corp: The Collective
Ship: Armageddon
Weapon: Armageddon

Name: Aidenn
Corp: UA Industry
Weapon: Dual Giga Beam Laser I

Name: ko3o4ka
Corp: Russian SOBR
Ship: Moros
Weapon: Moros
**** Truncated - mail is too large ****
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: