Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 02:07:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: The economy sucketh 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The economy sucketh  (Read 5336 times)
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

on: December 29, 2006, 03:23:29 PM

My server's economy has crashed.  All the mats that I have are worth 1/2 what they were worth a month ago.  The effect is trickling down, too.  I guess everyone is pvping except the farmers. Even potions are selling for half, if indeed they are selling at all.

How about your servers?
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 03:44:15 PM

I don't know, I've been too busy peeveepeeing.

^_^
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 04:23:51 PM

much of this has to do with the fact that, barring a few exceptions, every single crafting mat out there is going to be obsolete when burning crusade hits, since 300+ skill recipie uses all new mats found pretty much exclusively in outlands.

about the only exceptions are weapon enchant mats, mainly because everyone PvPing for new weapons wants them enchanted NOW.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: December 29, 2006, 07:15:23 PM

Never fear, TBC will soon be here.

INC INFLATION!
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 12:13:46 AM

I seem to be doing well on Essence of Water over the Christmas/New Year period. The price on my server has gone from 3g each in a flooded market, to 9g each where I'm often the only seller. I should probably be stocking them up to sell for post-expansion enchants, but I want to put away some gold first.

The laughable thing is level 60 gear. Stuff that used to sell for hundreds of gold (tier 1 stuff, resist gear, etc) is now on the market for tens of gold, but even then it's not worth buying. Why buy gear suited to level 60 when you'll soon be level 70 and probably pick up better items along the way?
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 03:45:27 AM

Yeah... I had this sudden urge to enchant +30 shadow power on my shiny new marshal gloves, then I saw that nexus crystals were over 30g apiece (they were 10-15 before). Efff that.

-- Z.

Modern Angel
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 08:12:27 AM

Yeah... I had this sudden urge to enchant +30 shadow power on my shiny new marshal gloves, then I saw that nexus crystals were over 30g apiece (they were 10-15 before). Efff that.

-- Z.

Wait it out. Nexus Crystals aren't used on ANY enchants in the expansion. People won't be able to give them away.
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 09:50:39 AM

Heh, same on my server (Icecrown). I bought the mats for the +30 Spell Damage like a year ago, waiting for a good weapon to apply it to. I'm currently shooting for either the BG Staff or Dagger. Sucks to have taken that six months hiatus or I might have gotten the MC sword or dagger in the interim. In any case, I think I'll hit 22.5k HPs by 1/15 (I've got tokens enough for anything), which is my cutoff. After that I'll upgrade through quests.

My main hand weapon is really the thing that lags the most on my gear because I don't want to spend epic-mount fund on an upgrade. It's just for the stats. I really want that staff though. I'd drop the grimoire for the total +102 Spell Damage I can get from that thing. Because you care :)

Anyway, not worth selling the mats at this point.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 09:51:46 AM

Wait, you're on icecrown? Horde or Alliance?
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 01:48:28 PM

Buy twink gear (and material for twink enchants) now. Gold drop rates will be through the roof with TBC (example) and L60 gear will be outclassed.
However, there will be lots of newbie elves & demons looking for stuff, and the aforementioned gold-rich mains buying said stuff.

At least, that's my predictions. Don't blame me if you lose your shirt.

Edit: Bah. It's fixed now.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 11:18:36 AM by Simond »

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 09:58:44 AM

Simond... the  link.  It does not go where you think it should be going.   You popped the link from the EVE IAC thread in there when you pasted.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Tragny
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 10:15:00 AM

Guerrilla marketing?

"Masturbation is a more rewarding pursuit." -- Evangolis
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 11:07:54 AM

Wait, you're on icecrown? Horde or Alliance?
Alliance. Seventh Cavalry.

Guess you're on Icecrown too? What guild?
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 11:34:27 AM

Guess you're on Icecrown too? What guild?
Avatars of Discord, but I'm a lot less 'hardcore' than I was at this time last year. We'll see what shakes out when expansion cometh. Their current plans are to take two weeks off to level, and then back into Naxx. I'm not sure how well this is going to go over with the other guildies, or what they plan to do once they move on into the smaller instances, but I know that I'm not really up for a 5-raiding-nights-a-week sort of thing anymore. I'll look you up come expansion for some leveling fun; I plan on leveling my rogue and priest ;)

I haven't logged on except to check out the 1.12 patch in a month and a half or so, but i plan on playing more once the expansion hits, but I have too much stuff going on to be able to raid from say 8:30EST to 12:30EST 4-5 nights a week. :/

Ah, you're part of the Seventh Cavalry/White Wolf Clan/Phoenix Risen alliance. You haven't been in BWL yet?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 11:40:14 AM by bhodi »
Venkman
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 07:54:37 AM

Ah yes, I see you Discord guys fairly often :)

Yea, that's our Alliance. Gone through a bunch of changes over the last two years, with two prior big guilds we were allied with imploding (shortly after leaving the alliance, so there! ;) ). During the latter phases of those alliances, my guild had been to BWL a few times, but we're mostly stuck in MC/Ony these days. That's mostly because we've been gearing up the newest member of the alliance, which is an odd reversal for us. But they bring numbers. We have the usual "hundreds of members", and dozens in their 60s, but for raids are lucky to field 15-18 of our own. I personally haven't been on a raid in a few months. I just can't put in the consistent at-computer time, which is why I've been focusing on BGs. More casual for how I need to play. Once BC hits I'll be fulltime questing, as will most of our guild. Our weekly raid schedule expires on 1/16.

We haven't been to Naxx, and probably never will be. Or maybe we'll go for kicks when we're all 70, who knows.

Incidentally, there sure are a lot of "Phoenix" guilds on Icecrown. Or maybe I only notice because when I met these folks back in EQ1, they were still "Phoenix Blade" (and then 'Silver Phoenix Alliance'). We likes us our alliances.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 07:58:02 AM

Any relation to an old EQ guild on Rodcet Nife?
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 09:09:24 AM

Any relation to an old EQ guild on Rodcet Nife?
Yes, a number of the people in the guild are from that old guild of the same name.. I'm not one of them. I never played EQ.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: January 04, 2007, 02:05:59 PM

My server's economy has crashed.  All the mats that I have are worth 1/2 what they were worth a month ago.  The effect is trickling down, too.  I guess everyone is pvping except the farmers. Even potions are selling for half, if indeed they are selling at all.

How about your servers?
Mine crashed with the patch.

I think this is because of Auctioneer not being a fully supported after the patch.  It keeps prices inflated because once people have an average, even if from people selling too high, no one is going to seriously undercut what they believe an item is worth.

Right now people only have the current auctions to base their prices on, with no history whatsoever.  I used to like it to make sure I was getting a fair deal, but I am thinking the game is better off without it.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: January 05, 2007, 08:13:40 AM

I've dl'd and used the alphas (now up to gamma) for Auctioneer.  I'm mostly talking about mats, though, and potions, which is what I largely deal in.  Elemental fire down to 25-30s; can't sell greater fire protection potions anymore.  That sort of thing.  Consumables usage is down - I guess everybody's pvping or making alts or both.

I don't particularly want to finish my quests in BRD on my new 60 warlock, and don't even care if I get Ony or MC attuned.  I'm going to wait until TBC comes out to see if there's anything worth doing around 60 - figure probably levelling to 70 on the warlock (and priest that I never attuned) will tell me.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: The economy sucketh  
Jump to: