Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 09:44:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: AFK-Valley 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AFK-Valley  (Read 37511 times)
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: September 26, 2007, 01:05:27 PM

Nightfall alliance is the same, Queue's over 3 mins? Madness.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: September 26, 2007, 01:57:41 PM

you know, i kind of feel sorry for the alliance.  Their gravy train has finally come derailed, and i know 70% of them are NEVER going to be able to cope with the change.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #107 on: September 26, 2007, 02:14:29 PM

you know, i kind of feel sorry for the alliance.  Their gravy train has finally come derailed, and i know 70% of them are NEVER going to be able to cope with the change.
I did AV before BC dropped and we steamrolled the horde 90% of the time even when the whole Horde team was playing. Are other battlegroups that fucked up?

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: September 26, 2007, 02:23:53 PM

I'm actually hoping it happens, because some Horde players I know are going to have their heads explode.

Because let's trace the logic used on AV:

1) Horde dominates all three other battlegrounds, despite having a generally lower pool of players.
2) This is used as proof AV is imbalanced in favor of alliance.
3) If AV now goes to Horde dominance, then....
4) Alliance will start claiming there is a PvP imbalance in favor of Horde (racials, maps, whatever).
5) Given the Horde was winning 3, losing 1 (or at best winning 2, losing 1, tying one), the Alliance is going to have a pretty compelling case.
6) Alliance is more popular, PvP is popular, and people don't like to lose steadily. Alliance handled the routine ass-stompings in WSG and AB with stomping ass in AV, and vice versa. If it goes to "Allliance losing 75% of the time, everywhere" people will start bitching louder and louder and stop playing.
7) Which leads to Blizzard doing something about it. What, I have no idea.

And didn't I hear that one of the few decent Alliance racials (Fear Ward) is being moved to all priests?
Jobu
Terracotta Army

Lord Buttrot

Reply #109 on: September 26, 2007, 02:25:33 PM

I did AV before BC dropped and we steamrolled the horde 90% of the time even when the whole Horde team was playing. Are other battlegroups that fucked up?

Yes and no. The alliance has simply gotten used to only fighting 20 other players. Anecdotally on my server last night, we were raping them because they hadn't yet adapted to fighting a full team again.

This works the other way too. Too many of us on Horde got used to our own half-team tactics. Take SH and sit on your butts, because that's all you're gonna get. I had to beg and plead for people to come play defense a little, once I got a few, it picked up and we held them at FW the whole game. I figure it will rebalance out once both teams remember how to play properly.
Arrrgh
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: September 26, 2007, 02:41:40 PM

I've done 9ish AVs since the patch and won 6 or so of them, alliance. This is with the horde exploit pulling Vann as usual. It will be interesting to see how horde does once they finally have to kill the marshals.

Nice part of no AFKs is that matches are much faster now.

Calantus
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: September 26, 2007, 05:48:46 PM

With the new losing alliance queues are getting shorter. Ironically shorter queues + losing is better honor than longer queues and winning. In a BG full of 39 other random people that I have no control or influence over I don't CARE if we lose so long as my honor is better for it. So yeah... if this trend continues I'm going to be happy. The only damper on an otherwise brilliant move is that I can no longer full AFK, guess I'll have to "guard" towers every time.

Also, Galv is broken when defended. Broken. Alliance will eventually learn to leave him alone (maybe), and don't care that we lose because of it right now anyway, but I feel like calling a spade a spade.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: September 26, 2007, 07:03:58 PM

Reckoning Alliance queues used to be over an hour on non-AV holidays. I guess the horde AFK phenom was just that bad.

Did finally win one earlier because there were about 20 people with a clue in there who realized that a strong 10-15 person solid defense around the SH/Icewing area, along with a "let the next GY down the way cap before you leave the last one undefended" strategy worked great. Took 50 minutes, but I got a total of 710 estimated honor for less time than an old "plow" AV would have let me in and finished, and then I would have gotten only about 400 honor.

Even in losing last night I was pulling down 400 or so honor. I also like the game better when people are actually playing instead of the OMGZ RUSH DA BASEZ NOWZ!!ONE111111 mentality they had before.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: September 26, 2007, 08:34:54 PM

I dont know if this is happening horde side but it is now impossible to defend the alliance base.  When stormpike gets taken you get put in the tunnel as normal, but if you try to ghost run into the base the gy there kicks you back out to the tunnel.  This is incredibly retarded as it makes it incredibly easy for the horde to just walk in and cap the aid station as soon as they take SP leading to a win minutes later.

I am the .00000001428%
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: September 26, 2007, 11:52:20 PM

I dont know if this is happening horde side but it is now impossible to defend the alliance base.  When stormpike gets taken you get put in the tunnel as normal, but if you try to ghost run into the base the gy there kicks you back out to the tunnel.  This is incredibly retarded as it makes it incredibly easy for the horde to just walk in and cap the aid station as soon as they take SP leading to a win minutes later.

Ghost running was made impossible long before BC came out. I assume they made it possible again and then re-fixed it?

And the tunnel should always be the GY of last resort, kinda like the spawn point in EoTS, and the tunnels in AB, regardless of the ghost-running thing.

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Koyasha
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: September 27, 2007, 03:38:39 AM

The biggest problem with the tunnel spawn is that there's a lot of region where it's the closest graveyard, and you get sent there even if another one is held by your side.  This is a good thing if you're defending and the only graveyard your side holds is on the other side of the map, but it's a bad thing when you're defending Frostwolf Graveyard or Stormpike Graveyard, because you get sent to the tunnel instead of the relief hut/aid station where you need to be.  If you ghost run to the relief hut/aid station, you sometimes won't even make it before the enemy caps it, since all the defenders got bumped to the tunnel.

-Do you honestly think that we believe ourselves evil? My friend, we seek only good. It's just that our definitions don't quite match.-
Ailanreanter, Arcanaloth
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: September 27, 2007, 05:17:52 AM

Ghost running was made impossible long before BC came out. I assume they made it possible again and then re-fixed it?

You've been able to run between GYs in AV (like say, the Alliance are taking IB and you spawn at the cave, you can just ghost run up to SH and wait for it to cap) for as long as I can remember.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: September 27, 2007, 08:53:58 AM

You've been able to run between GYs in AV (like say, the Alliance are taking IB and you spawn at the cave, you can just ghost run up to SH and wait for it to cap) for as long as I can remember.

I remember Ghost running down from the tunnel to FW last fall to help on offense and having it spawn me back at the cave when I rezzed at the spirit healer at FW.

Maybe it was just me?

Driakos
Terracotta Army

Reply #118 on: September 27, 2007, 09:43:18 AM

I remember Ghost running down from the tunnel to FW last fall to help on offense and having it spawn me back at the cave when I rezzed at the spirit healer at FW.

Maybe it was just me?

My guess is the GY snapped contested just as you were about to res, so you got bounced to the cave.  Unless there was some serious lag.  I can death run/res fine.

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer
Xanthippe
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: September 27, 2007, 01:36:45 PM

I haven't noticed a different in AV queues at all (my server has had no queues over 2 minutes), but I did play one game yesterday and EVERYBODY was playing.  What a difference.

Do you play horde or alliance?

On our server, Alliance queues have been 45m - 2hours since I came back in august.

But the everyone playing on horde thing made the alliance AV rush strategy as null and void as it should have been ages ago.

Korgath alliance.  It's a pvp server.  No queues for anything.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: September 27, 2007, 02:46:57 PM

Korgath alliance.  It's a pvp server.  No queues for anything.

Must just be my battlegroup that sucked.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #121 on: September 27, 2007, 03:26:31 PM

Rampage Alliance was always 30-45 minutes unless it was AV weekend.  AV weekend was still 2-5 minutes unless you just got out of a game.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: September 28, 2007, 03:00:33 PM

Before the AFK patch, Horde/Alliance win ratio was roughly 50/50 on nightfall, after the AFK patch Horde/Alliance ratio is still roughly 50/50. Did they fix vansploiting yet? That is probably the only thing that would drop the horde win rate in my battle group at this point. Something like 90% of our "losses" in AV are with the alliance having burned all the towers and having killed all the Lt's to only lose while clearing warmasters via a vansploit. Half the time we end up with more honour then the horde on our 'loss', due to the horde having not burned everything. 

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: AFK-Valley  
Jump to: