Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 08:53:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Riddick 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Riddick  (Read 23494 times)
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #105 on: September 07, 2013, 10:16:21 AM

The character just doesn't work anymore. There's none of the mystery about him that made his character at least somewhat interesting in Pitch Black, so they seem to keep trying to push what a badass he is, while at the same time reminding us that deep down he's really a nice guy who rescues puppies and defends children. Riddick himself says near the beginning of the movie that somewhere along the line he lost his edge, and that's sadly appearent throughout the movie because they're trying so damn hard to convince us otherwise.
Stokowski
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: September 08, 2013, 05:57:40 AM

Plus, doesn't Vin have one too many chins for this sort of thing, these days?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #107 on: September 08, 2013, 09:44:52 AM

He is no longer diesel.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: September 08, 2013, 09:06:37 PM

Vin Unleaded

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: September 11, 2013, 04:03:55 AM

I watched this last night; it's a fun film, and I think it's better than Chronicles. It's nowhere near as good as Pitch Black, but then it was never going to recapture that feeling. As a film about Riddick, the man in all his psychotic, anti-hero glory it does a good job I think.

That said, I felt sorry for Katee Sackhoff who gets arguably some of the worst dialogue of any character in any film ever. This film would have been better off if it had zero female characters; there's no need to put a token one in, it's not like it's going to convince anyone that the film somehow offers a sympathetic and meaningful portrayal of women.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Rishathra
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: September 11, 2013, 05:41:23 AM

That said, I felt sorry for Katee Sackhoff who gets arguably some of the worst dialogue of any character in any film ever.

So much this.  Every single thing about her character was a cliche, with several of the cliches contradicting themselves.  There was no actual character there.  No disrespect to her as an actress, as it wasn't anything she did that was the problem, it was just a horribly, horribly written role.

"...you'll still be here trying to act cool while actually being a bored and frustrated office worker with a vibrating anger-valve puffing out internet hostility." - Falconeer
"That looks like English but I have no idea what you just said." - Trippy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Riddick  
Jump to: