Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 08:43:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Thor: Dark World 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thor: Dark World  (Read 29825 times)
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #140 on: November 17, 2013, 02:46:35 PM

In that universe, they couldn't decide if Thor was a god or not for a while, so his Mjolnir was a wee tad less special.

2020 will be the year I gave up all hope.
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #141 on: November 27, 2013, 03:26:38 PM

I saw this today. Overall I liked it, even though I felt that the last 3rd or so wasn't as good as the rest. I have to agree with teh trollz and say the keystone elves at the end kind of sank the end for me.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #142 on: November 28, 2013, 04:42:41 PM

Ah. That "artifacts" line was a bit too subtle for me.

Anyway, ran across this animation of the Avengers fighting a berzerk Hulk on youtube. Its pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O617ZHcazwA

No matter which universe she's in, Wasp is useless  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #143 on: December 02, 2013, 08:06:05 PM

Ah. That "artifacts" line was a bit too subtle for me.

Anyway, ran across this animation of the Avengers fighting a berzerk Hulk on youtube. Its pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O617ZHcazwA

I always liked Wasp. I hope they treat her like Elizabeth Hurley's Satan and make her change outfits every scene.  why so serious?
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #144 on: December 04, 2013, 10:32:56 AM

You have no imagination if you think a woman that can control the size of her body has no uses. 

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #145 on: December 04, 2013, 03:05:43 PM

You have no imagination if you think a woman that can control the size of her body has no uses. 

Hm...

ACK!

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #146 on: December 04, 2013, 06:47:07 PM

Perfect for cleaning those really hard to reach tight spaces?

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
jgsugden
Terracotta Army

Reply #147 on: December 05, 2013, 06:16:34 AM

Perfect for cleaning those really hard to reach tight spaces?
I'm sorry... it was noisy over here... did you say something about tight spaces and hard?

UnSub
Contributor

Reply #148 on: December 10, 2013, 04:18:59 AM

"Thor: The Dark World" was a better film than I had been led to believe. But mainly because of Loki. And Dark Elf space ships.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #149 on: February 05, 2014, 11:11:37 AM

Finally saw this.

It's ok, didn't hate it.

The problem is Loki is the only character who is still interesting. So in practice, any scene without him felt like filler. This really demonstrates the challenge marvel has keeping the boat afloat once their core heroes have addressed their central flaw.

In particular the attack on asgard and the one on earth were FAR TOO LONG. And the film felt like it had been going about 12 hours before Raymond Calitri even got to Asgard.

Other thoughts:

If your film has elves, you really need to make more effort to avoid stealing other shit from LotR.

I honestly don't know how the fuck anyone was confused by the infinity gem point. I quote: " This is an infinity gem, it is unwise to keep it with our other infinity gem so we are giving this infinity gem to you for safekeeping. We look forward to cursing your sudden but inevitable betrayal regarding infinity gems."

I really liked the dark elves, they had a great Doctor Who vibe about them.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:48:45 AM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
MediumHigh
Terracotta Army

Reply #150 on: February 06, 2014, 08:11:53 AM

Why do people give this turd a pass is beyond me.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #151 on: February 06, 2014, 08:20:28 AM

Because Iron Man 3 taught us to put up with anything, no matter how unbelievably bullshit Pepper Potts is ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #152 on: February 07, 2014, 03:52:33 AM

Why do people give this turd a pass is beyond me.

You have no idea how many of your posts have made me think the same thing.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #153 on: February 07, 2014, 12:39:10 PM

What, wondering about all the things that are beyond him? It seems like it's a long list.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #154 on: February 17, 2014, 09:25:50 PM

I really liked the dark elves, they had a great Doctor Who vibe about them.

That's because their leader was a Doctor.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #155 on: February 28, 2014, 04:22:32 PM

Just picked this up on DVD.  The One-shot was worth the purchase price by itself.

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #156 on: March 27, 2014, 07:01:06 PM

Finally watched this in the local dollar theater.  Worth $2, but I'm glad I didn't see it on the first run.  Some good scenes, Portman should not get any more roles, ever, and Eccleston kind of phoned it in as Malekith.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #157 on: March 28, 2014, 11:39:40 AM

Not sure he was given anything to do as Malekith anyway. Was a one-note role.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #158 on: March 28, 2014, 11:47:25 AM

I think that was my biggest problem with Dark World. The villains weren't given enough screen time to be a real menace what with the flitting back and forth between Midgard and Asgard. It tried to cover too many characters while not giving any of them enough emphasis.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Movies  |  Topic: Thor: Dark World  
Jump to: