Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 06:53:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: SaltyBet 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: SaltyBet  (Read 69398 times)
murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #280 on: August 07, 2013, 12:48:19 PM

I guess I just don't get this. 

x2

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #281 on: August 07, 2013, 01:15:39 PM

What's to get? Silly fake matches for Silly fake dollah's!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #282 on: August 07, 2013, 01:19:47 PM

Part of my problem may be that I just do not find gambling at all interesting. 
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #283 on: August 07, 2013, 01:23:35 PM

The fake money is just there as incentive to root for who you pick.  The point is to watch the ridiculous matches and the ridiculous chat stream.

Over and out.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #284 on: August 07, 2013, 01:26:06 PM

Fuck the chat stream goes constantly.  I can't keep up with that schizophrenic shit.  How could you even read it fast enough for it to be entertaining?
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #285 on: August 07, 2013, 01:40:40 PM

This.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #286 on: August 07, 2013, 01:42:50 PM

DRILLING AND MANLINESS

You don't have to follow the chat stream all that closely because most of it is repetitive asshattery. Every now and then though, somebody posts a real winner.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #287 on: August 07, 2013, 01:46:31 PM

Don't treat twitch chat like a conversation, treat it like a mob of people that it is.

It's like when in a full movie theater, everyone jumps at the same time when the monster jumps out of the closet or whatever. A Shared reaction. Maybe you hear something really funny from the dude 3 rows in front of you, maybe you don't.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #288 on: August 07, 2013, 01:48:40 PM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #289 on: August 07, 2013, 02:08:52 PM

Is that Moleperson chomping on Vanilla Ice's scrotum?

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #290 on: August 07, 2013, 02:14:57 PM

Oh shit, Son!

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #291 on: August 07, 2013, 02:16:00 PM

Is that Moleperson chomping on Vanilla Ice's scrotum?

That's exactly what that is.

Raguel
Terracotta Army

Reply #292 on: August 07, 2013, 02:22:59 PM

Don't treat twitch chat like a conversation, treat it like a mob of people that it is.

It's like when in a full movie theater, everyone jumps at the same time when the monster jumps out of the closet or whatever. A Shared reaction. Maybe you hear something really funny from the dude 3 rows in front of you, maybe you don't.

The thing that makes me laugh the hardest is when people see the odds and realize they've backed the wrong toon.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #293 on: August 07, 2013, 02:25:58 PM

"I immediately regret my decision!"

-edit- Then MS Paint Bicycle man wins anyways and makes you like a 1000 bucks when you only had 20  Heart

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #294 on: August 07, 2013, 02:27:20 PM

"I've made a terrible mistake."

That said, since it's for fun and I'm Fnord, I'm all in on almost every bet.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #295 on: August 07, 2013, 02:36:28 PM

I laugh at the chat even though I mostly have no clue what they're talking about.  And the fights are fun and sometimes so bizarre I feel as if they're inside my head.  I have no idea why people shout "bet Jojo" or "fake Ino".  I recognise some of the stuff, like DBZ and Naruto but I have no idea who the characters actually are.  I paid thinking it would make it easier but found that trying to look up stats or who the fighters are just makes me more confused.  So I bet on small and cute, boobies, and if I can't make up my mind, I bet on red. 

I guess I'm the worm wot lives in a sand box.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #296 on: August 07, 2013, 02:50:48 PM

Never bet Jojo unless it's Dio.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #297 on: August 07, 2013, 03:08:21 PM

Why does Vanilla Ice have long hair?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
schild
Administrator

Reply #298 on: August 07, 2013, 03:31:29 PM

M. Bison vs Skeletor fighting on Wily's spinning platform. What is there to get?
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #299 on: August 07, 2013, 03:34:05 PM

I bet on Skeletor before and he let me down... TWICE.  I have no respect for him.  He couldn't even beat that boy with the pixie hair before.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #300 on: August 07, 2013, 03:35:08 PM

POPEYE!!!  I love Popeye!

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #301 on: August 07, 2013, 03:46:51 PM

M. Bison vs Skeletor fighting on Wily's spinning platform. What is there to get?

If only there was more of that and less shitty Anime characters I don't know.

Edit: Also, I fully expect this to get shut down soon due to how much attention it's getting and the fact that the guy running it is essentially making money using a shit-ton of other companies intellectual properties.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 03:55:14 PM by Velorath »
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #302 on: August 07, 2013, 03:56:50 PM

Popeye all day erry day - BLUTO ASSIST!

Shit is craaaazy, and my connection is so shitty the betting doesn't work, so I just watch and laugh.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Ginaz
Terracotta Army

Reply #303 on: August 07, 2013, 05:24:56 PM

Harley Quinn vs. Donatello (TMNT)

Donatello Wins!

COWABUNGA BITCH!!!
koro
Terracotta Army

Reply #304 on: August 07, 2013, 05:57:41 PM

Certain people getting inside info on incoming character nerfs and using that knowledge to pad their wallets is taking some of the fun out of this.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #305 on: August 07, 2013, 05:59:51 PM

Why does Vanilla Ice have long hair?
Hazard a guess that it is the Vanilla Ice character from the JoJo's Bizzare Adventures fighting game?

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
schild
Administrator

Reply #306 on: August 07, 2013, 06:16:56 PM

DAT SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI MUSIC
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #307 on: August 07, 2013, 06:43:31 PM

If only there was more of that and less shitty Anime characters I don't know.

Edit: Also, I fully expect this to get shut down soon due to how much attention it's getting and the fact that the guy running it is essentially making money using a shit-ton of other companies intellectual properties.

No doubt. This shit's totally got the kibosh coming its way from the characters to the music and everything in between. I'll enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #308 on: August 07, 2013, 11:38:13 PM

Barney cleaned me out, kinda sad now.

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #309 on: August 08, 2013, 12:13:25 AM

No doubt. This shit's totally got the kibosh coming its way from the characters to the music and everything in between. I'll enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Yeah, I don't think they have much defense if someone with a claim decides to take them down.  On the other hand, if someone shut down every Twitch channel making money by streaming video games they don't own, to a soundtrack they don't have the rights to, the place would be a ghost town.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #310 on: August 08, 2013, 12:14:30 AM

It's clearly Parody!

ezrast
Terracotta Army

Reply #311 on: August 08, 2013, 06:42:08 AM

I do get the feeling that donators being able to see match histories sort of spoils it. Every time I manage to call a fight correctly I win like $2 because everyone else already knows that one character doesn't stand a chance. It would be better if there were more variance, even if it were just through occasionally assigning poor AI to a random character. Better would be an Elo matchmaking system, or maybe giving partial payouts for taking 1-2 games of the set. Removing the legions of shit characters can only take you so far because the system is only really fun when there are thousands of potential crazy matchups and at that point balance is out the window anyway.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #312 on: August 08, 2013, 07:05:24 AM

Yea, this makes little sense to me. I went from $300 to $140 by guessing wrong on four straight matches. Then I finally guess right! And win $4 on a $40 bet.
Without knowing the odds before betting, it seems very unlikely to ever get anywhere.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #313 on: August 08, 2013, 07:10:10 AM

The 100:1 odds fights are kinda silly, sure, but if you have some knowledge of what to bet on/what to bet against, you can do decently if you spread your bets like in Blackjack. I managed to snap up $200 by putting $2-5 on the underdog in moderate-odds fights several times, while using the $2-profit big-odds fights to stem the losses.

Then I lost it all on a match I thought would be a blowout and ended up 1:1.

Still fun to keep in a second window when you're doing low-brainpower stuff, though.

I don't have Illuminati status, I was just generally looking at the quality of the characters as well as where they're from. Betting against the NES DBZ clones, against some of the anime ones, for Cardcaptors, for Melty Blood, and for Master Hand and the Simpsons.

Even if you don't know at all, just toss $1 on a side; there's a minimum payout of $1, and if you're on a long-odds fight that just happens to come through, you can make some nice change.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #314 on: August 08, 2013, 09:33:16 AM

Here's what I have for a tier-list so far, feel free to contribute thoughts to it.

Neco

Melty

Special Versions (evil, holy, insane, shadow, dark)

Mexican Saints

Black Version of anyone

Small hitbox misc

DC / Capcom

Primal Rage / KI

Marvel

Samurai Showdown / Naruto / Bleach / GG / Garou / KoF / Vsav

DBZ

OS-tans / sonic

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: SaltyBet  
Jump to: