Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:57:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 21 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231609 times)
Sir Fodder
Terracotta Army

Reply #5250 on: October 15, 2011, 08:56:54 AM

Yeah, guns suck. I played through Red Faction: Guerrilla using just the sledgehammer and the thrown sticky charges, was a lot of fun. I think I also did Mass Effect I + II without guns. Was thinking of doing a "gun light" run though GTA IV not sure how possible that is though...
Soulflame
Terracotta Army

Reply #5251 on: October 15, 2011, 09:11:39 AM

You could play a demoman in TF2.

I've been playing TF2 on the PC, and Dragon Quest Monsters:  Joker 2 on the DS.  Mostly heavy/pyro, and just reached the Bemausoleum in DQM.  I'm taking a short pause to hit 150 monsters collected.  It's Pokemon, but one where you can design the abilities from the ground up for the monsters you breed.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5252 on: October 15, 2011, 03:13:59 PM

Mount & Blade is hardly a computer-crippling graphical tour de force, and there's a lot of settings you can turn down. I wouldn't stress about it from that standpoint.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #5253 on: October 16, 2011, 12:01:33 PM

Well, finally finished Dragon Age: Origins.   Ohhhhh, I see.

That only took me five months.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #5254 on: October 16, 2011, 12:04:27 PM

Playing the shit out of Heroes of might and magic 6 right now.

I am the .00000001428%
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #5255 on: October 16, 2011, 01:29:02 PM

Back to minecraft for a while, don't want to start anything new before I rebuild the pc.

Didn't make 50 in the month I allowed Rift (from 42 undecided ). Ye gods that's a boring game the third trip to 50.
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #5256 on: October 16, 2011, 01:38:06 PM

Didn't make 50 in the month I allowed Rift (from 42 undecided ). Ye gods that's a boring game the third trip to 50.

Did you actually login at all? cause that should take like... three days or so.

I am the .00000001428%
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5257 on: October 16, 2011, 04:53:30 PM

It's not that fast. How much do you play at a sitting? I played about a week and got maybe two levels, doing stuff around droughtlands. I only have about an hour a night to play.

Partly it was so amazingly boring doing the same exact quests over and over that I just stopped playing.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #5258 on: October 17, 2011, 02:13:40 AM

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Threash
Terracotta Army

Reply #5259 on: October 18, 2011, 08:51:04 AM

It's not that fast. How much do you play at a sitting? I played about a week and got maybe two levels, doing stuff around droughtlands. I only have about an hour a night to play.

Partly it was so amazingly boring doing the same exact quests over and over that I just stopped playing.

Well there is your problem right there.  You were doing a zone way too low for you, in your 40s you should be doing IPP, Shimmersand or Stillmoor.  Edit: even if the quest exp barely goes up there is a huge huge difference in mob kill experience, which is actually a very large part of your total exp in Rift.  Going from green mobs to equal or higher level mobs will give you about triple the exp per kill, and at least half your leveling time.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 08:59:31 AM by Threash »

I am the .00000001428%
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5260 on: October 18, 2011, 09:39:46 AM

Good point. It did occur to (I do know better, heh). I guess it was the completionist in me. It's not strong, but part of why an mmo tends to have longer legs for me than most pve/questers is that I like to take my time and savor each zone. I just ran into a paradox of wanting to do that but not enjoying it.

Especially since I was playing a necrolock that could take swarms of higher level enemies. Ah, well. Probably done with that game for good at this point.

Close on the heels of the blandness, the amount of pop-in at max settings was atrocious. BLAM here's a giant stone structure you didn't see one pace ago. Constant low level irritation from that got old.
Igglethorpe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5261 on: October 18, 2011, 12:31:55 PM

Sounds like Sky and me play MMOs very similarily.  The issues I had with Rift were many.  I only got to level 35 or so on my first characcter.  Issues I had specifically (my opinions of course):

- Poor gameplay (the whole game felt stiff, rigid, and clunky).  Hard to pinpoint, but I'm sure any gamer can relate to this.  WoW comparisons are inevitable and I feel that WoW has more fluid animations, better combat, and overall better feel.
 - Writing / Lore issues.  I don't know where to begin here.  I feel the writing in this game is terrible.  I have absolutely no vested emotional interest in any character / situation I've come across.  Voice acting is equally bad. "May you live a 1,000 years" anyone?  Terrible.
 - Models and environments.  Mixed bag for me.  While I think the Rifts themselves look pretty neat, I feel just about everything else (including the dungeons I've seen) looks awful.  Very bland with little art design.

Anyway, this thread was about which games we are playing.

RAGE currently for me.  Next up, ME2 second playthrough.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5262 on: October 18, 2011, 01:13:24 PM

2pts for posting here and not the lurker thread :)

But the gameplay wasn't an issue for me, I actually liked the combat well enough. Also, the models and environments were ok, if uninspired.

And I really don't like WoW at all. Lasted almost a month in Rift after taking two to 50 previously (about six months in alpha). WoW I got one character to 48 (about three months) and lasted one afternoon last year.
Igglethorpe
Terracotta Army

Reply #5263 on: October 18, 2011, 01:34:12 PM

Thanks for the points!  Honestly I always intended to start posting but haven't felt the need until now.  Been enjoying this forum off and on for several years.  Just noticed the lurker thread, too.  Looks like I was about to be deleted!  Heartbreak

To further discuss RAGE, I know a lot of people think that game is a mixed bag but I am enjoying it.  I think I've put 50 hours into it so far, almost all single player.  Will probably do a 3rd playthrough with Insane mode and attempt to find every card, sewer, etc.

ME2 is perhaps my favorite game of all time simply because the story was so engaging.  Playing ME1 and importing characters was certainly a big help in the backstory.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #5264 on: October 18, 2011, 01:52:31 PM

ME2 is perhaps my favorite game of all time simply because the story was so engaging.

I'd recommend Deus Ex then if you can put up with the crappy graphics.

I just wanted to get that in before the rest of the forum starts yelling PLAAAAAAAAAAAAANESCAPE!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #5265 on: October 18, 2011, 02:12:58 PM

If you want a different take on a story driven game I can't recommend Bastion highly enough, by the way.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #5266 on: October 18, 2011, 03:32:23 PM

« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 03:35:29 PM by Sheepherder »
snowwy
Terracotta Army

Reply #5267 on: October 18, 2011, 04:17:41 PM

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Vietnam while i hold my breath waiting for BF3. If you ever thought" Wow, BF:BC2 sure was a lot of granate-spem", welcome to Vietnam. Wanna move? Get naded. Wanna revive someone? Get naded. Wanna do anything at all? Oh, we have a granate here with your name on it.  Tried going back to FO:NV and finish off LR-DLC but the shooter-wasp has stung me again.  Spending more time watching terrible Jihad-Jeep BF3 videos than anything :( Sadly, C4 and Mortar goes in the same slot apparently. Decisions, decisions...

edited because i can't spell, I'm euro
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #5268 on: October 18, 2011, 07:41:37 PM

Playing around on Minecraft with Buildcraft/Industrialcraft/Equivalent Exchange while I wait for the real release. Is it easy to have like, 2 separate installs or whatever? I'd like to come play on the F13 server but I can't be arsed to uninstall/reinstall mods every day based on if I feel like playing single player or multi.

Also borrowed EDF: Insect Armageddon for the 360. It's good mindless fun, although I'm not sure I'll buy it because none of my friends are playing it anymore. Still need to finish Disgaea 4, and Gears 3...

Going to try Dungeon Defenders tonight after my WoW raid with some guildies.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #5269 on: October 18, 2011, 08:08:46 PM

Fucking christ.  Dragon Age Origins:  Awakening is very.....tedious.  It may be another 10 months before I finish this one. 
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #5270 on: October 18, 2011, 08:42:22 PM

Fucking christ.  Dragon Age Origins:  Awakening is very.....tedious.  It may be another 10 months before I finish this one. 

That expansion was utter money grab. I kinda hate it. Then came dragon age 2. Unsurpassed in terms of decline in quality. No doubt the one year EA rush helped to contribute to that.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
WayAbvPar

Reply #5271 on: October 19, 2011, 03:35:10 PM

FIFA 12
NHL 12
Darklands  awesome, for real

I really wanna buy a few more games, but I don't have time for these as it is. Plus BF3 will be out next week, so yeah. I am pretty locked in.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #5272 on: October 19, 2011, 03:39:59 PM

LoL is my life now, but I've managed to squeeze in some Red Faction Armageddon.
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #5273 on: October 20, 2011, 04:09:17 AM

Is no one playing Arkham City???  I'm currently stuck between money being tight/waiting for the PC version or I would have bought it already. 

On my rare game playing time I've been dicking around with Terraria again, and an occasional bout of Shogun 2.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #5274 on: October 20, 2011, 04:22:14 AM

Is no one playing Arkham City???  I'm currently stuck between money being tight/waiting for the PC version or I would have bought it already.

I might get it. Why not the Xbox? What's the difference? Seems like a fitting console game anyways.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5275 on: October 20, 2011, 04:26:17 AM

I was looking forward to it but it seems to be following in the footsteps of Space Marine and isn't available through Steam in the UK. Will have to keep an eye on what outlets are actually offering it.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #5276 on: October 20, 2011, 04:41:49 AM

I have a GIANT boner for Arkham City.  I thought Arkham Asylum was one of my top 10 favorites ever, and I'm not a comic/Batman nerd by any stretch of the imagination.  I cannot fucking wait to play that game.

Problem is, I will have to!  Have Gears 3 to get through, which is awesome, and Dark Souls, which is fucking awesome.

Speaking of Dark Souls, I've only had time so far to put 3 or 4 hours into it...and have made almost no discernible progress beyond some leveling up.  It might be the only game ever (along with it's forebearer) where you can accomplish almost nothing except dieing like a bitch for hours on end and still love every second of it.    It's almost hilarious how hard this game is right from the begining.  The first boss is just absolutely slaughtering me.

I wish I wasn't so damn busy.    There is entirely too much good shit coming out at this time of the year.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #5277 on: October 20, 2011, 04:50:03 AM

Why not the Xbox? What's the difference?

Three tween/teenage daughters and an infant son who is only soothed by Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  Much easier to jump on my computer to get my fix.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #5278 on: October 20, 2011, 05:55:21 AM

Three tween/teenage daughters and an infant son who is only soothed by Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  Much easier to jump on my computer to get my fix.

Makes sense  awesome, for real
Sand
Terracotta Army

Reply #5279 on: October 20, 2011, 07:05:25 AM

Downloaded Rome Total War and Medieval War yesterday based on someone's recommendations in the Steam thread.
Started Rome last night. Not bad. Having trouble raising cash fast enough to recruit or build quickly enough. So researching online strat guides now.

NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #5280 on: October 20, 2011, 07:28:07 AM

If you're playing as Julii then that's pretty normal. Otherwise the simplest way to keep money rolling in is kicking out an army of diplomats early on getting Trade rights with every other nation then concentrating on building ports and markets in every conquered city as a priority. If you're playing Scipii or Brutii that should be plenty to keep money coming in combined with the occasional spate of conquering other cities and enslaving the populace to promote growth in your own cities and to pacify the conquered. I haven't really found out if there's any big reason to be merciful to anywhere you conquer.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
AcidCat
Terracotta Army

Reply #5281 on: October 20, 2011, 10:09:23 AM

I've only been able to put about two hours in so far but I'm really digging Arkham City. I like the change of environment from the last game to allow more freedom and exploration, feels more like Batman should.
PalmTrees
Terracotta Army

Reply #5282 on: October 20, 2011, 10:35:09 AM

Bouncing between a few games atm.

City of Heroes, running a time/dual pistols defender. Fun combo so far.

Dragon Nest, getting my sharpshooter to 32. Like my elementalsit better, but she's at the cap. I like the gameplay but the equipment system annoys me with all its randomness.

Third playthrough of New Vegas. Trying the options I haven't picked yet so going Legion with melee/unarmed with a side of explosives and trying to be evil. Skipping a bit of the side stuff I've seen a few times before to hurry this one through.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #5283 on: October 20, 2011, 10:38:34 AM

Got the new pc up and running, loaded on Metro 2033 to push some graphics. Runs smooth as silk, but I think I'm over shooters at this point.

Thinking of a pre-TOR run through KotOR 1/2 or maybe ME 1/2. KotOR 1's engine hasn't aged well and the widescreen hack I used was too buggy on my DLP. ME1 is a bit too dated after playing ME2. So I might just jump into ME2.

Sad when I have a decent new rig and I'm most wanting to play Minecraft  Ohhhhh, I see. (gotta find my password!)
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

Reply #5284 on: October 20, 2011, 10:58:16 AM

Thinking of a pre-TOR run through KotOR 1/2 or maybe ME 1/2.

Played WoW?  Then you've played TOR, only the better, more polished version.

After Dragon Age 2 I shouldn't have been surprised. 
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: