Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 03:17:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 9 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2254115 times)
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #4585 on: May 26, 2011, 01:43:53 AM

Tried to get Chaos Overlords to work on my computer without any luck. Going to suck it up and finish The Witcher instead.

Finally bought Portal too, but I have to DL it overnight outside my cap, so won't get to play it yet.

Still playing Blood Bowl, though only with the f13 group.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #4586 on: May 26, 2011, 01:59:41 AM

About done with the Honest Hearts DLC. Just needing to drag my expansion loot to my Home Base, and sorting what to sell and what to keep for repairs/tradeskills, and off I go to Witcher 2.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4587 on: May 26, 2011, 05:52:07 AM

Daggerdale, 360.  Has some quality issues, but 1200 MS points so I'm not going to cry about it.
Terraria.  Thinking that I might have been better off by choosing a Small or Medium world instead of Large.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #4588 on: May 26, 2011, 07:35:56 AM

Terraria.  Thinking that I might have been better off by choosing a Small or Medium world instead of Large.

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #4589 on: May 26, 2011, 08:01:33 AM

Daggerdale, 360.  Has some quality issues, but 1200 MS points so I'm not going to cry about it.
What classes and races can you play?  Their website is particularly barren.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #4590 on: May 26, 2011, 08:06:11 AM

Tonight I'm going to be playing Ass Creed BroHo. Oh how I am going to play it.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4591 on: May 26, 2011, 08:22:51 AM

Finished up a runthrough of Fallout 3 as a paragon of virtue. I liked the ending. The game was flawed but was ultimately satisfying.

Started on Final Fantasy XIII for the 360. Just made it to where Snow picks up the MILF with the sad eyes. Not entirely sure I'm going to enjoy the gameplay enough to make it far into this, but we'll see.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #4592 on: May 26, 2011, 11:07:31 AM

When not playing Terraria, I picked up Just Cause 2 again after a year hiatus.  Not sure why I put it down in the first place, but it is a damn fun game.  I just did the "Stranded" mission that

It's like playing an 80s action movie, campy and fun.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4593 on: May 26, 2011, 11:10:48 AM

What classes and races can you play?  Their website is particularly barren.

There are four choices.  Halfling wizard, elf rogue, human fighter, and dwarf cleric.  I like the cleric and wizard, not too fond of the fighter.  Have not tried the rogue.

Low expectations are beneficial here.  It's not as cool as Torchlight, but it's 4th Ed D&D.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4594 on: May 26, 2011, 12:01:03 PM

It is basically the modern Dark Alliance right? D&D-flavored button masher?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #4595 on: May 26, 2011, 12:20:31 PM

I'm trying RIFT! Isn't too bad, I could see me playing it for a few months at least. Dunno if I will, but I could see it happening.

God Save the Horn Players
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #4596 on: May 26, 2011, 12:39:25 PM

I put Witcher 2 on hold for a bit, pending a restart on Easy or a patch that makes combat less painful.

Now playing Assassin's Creed 2.  Getting familiar with the controls again, hoping it's as much fun as the first.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #4597 on: May 26, 2011, 12:41:00 PM

80 hours into M&B Fire and Sword. I've managed to consolidate my powerbase and take over control as King of the Polish Republic. I've eliminated the Cossaks, the Crimeans, and have turned my eye towards those greedy Swedes. Soon, Europe will be mine!

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4598 on: May 26, 2011, 12:51:02 PM

It is basically the modern Dark Alliance right? D&D-flavored button masher?

It's WotC's grab at Torchlight, as best as I can describe it since I haven't played Dark Alliance.  It moves more slowly than you might think, and max level is 10 I believe.  The loot is D&D-ish but somewhat random.  If you liked Torchlight but thought there was too much loot, and you really like 4th Ed, you might get some enjoyment out of it.  The best thing I can say about it is that Torchlight II is not out yet.

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #4599 on: May 26, 2011, 01:25:26 PM

I'm pretty much spending most of my free time on LotRO...   ACK!

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4600 on: May 26, 2011, 01:35:33 PM

Reinstalling EQ2 since I've got 45 free days; haven't played it in a year so I'm anxious to see what they've done with it in the mean time. Also picked up DOA for my 3DS, and was given a copy of Witcher 2 even though I've never played the first one. Should I, or can I just jump right into the second?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #4601 on: May 28, 2011, 01:12:07 PM

Fuck yeah, I finished Blood Stone. It was really enjoyable and true to the whole Bond experience, right down to the final confrontation being really boring.
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #4602 on: May 28, 2011, 01:14:42 PM

...and was given a copy of Witcher 2 even though I've never played the first one. Should I, or can I just jump right into the second?

I'd play through Witcher 1 before 2, as #1 does a better job of setting up backstory and the basics of gameplay, but that's just me.

Playing Assassin's Creed 2 still.  Enjoying the story and gameplay a lot - but does he ever get out of the Animus this time around?  There was a lot of sub-plot in those sequences in #1.

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #4603 on: May 28, 2011, 01:18:07 PM

...and was given a copy of Witcher 2 even though I've never played the first one. Should I, or can I just jump right into the second?

I'd play through Witcher 1 before 2, as #1 does a better job of setting up backstory and the basics of gameplay, but that's just me.

Playing Assassin's Creed 2 still.  Enjoying the story and gameplay a lot - but does he ever get out of the Animus this time around?  There was a lot of sub-plot in those sequences in #1.

There's a fair bit IIRC, although it seems they saved a lot of that for BroHo, which is what I'm playing right now.
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #4604 on: May 28, 2011, 09:13:29 PM

I'm pretty much spending most of my free time on LotRO...   ACK!

Downloading the client now.  A buddy at work is playing it wants me to.  I've never really given it much of a look.

Since I'm not actually playing it yet, I'm playing:  WoW, Mortal Kombat, Gears of War 2.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4605 on: May 29, 2011, 05:13:02 AM

Alright, will do. Thanks.

Ratman_tf
Terracotta Army

Reply #4606 on: May 29, 2011, 03:18:21 PM

Slyfeind just clued me in to Hinterlands. Having some fun with it as an Orc Lord.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

"What I'm saying is you should make friends with a few catasses, they smell funny but they're very helpful."
-Calantus makes the best of a smelly situation.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #4607 on: May 29, 2011, 05:15:41 PM

Played some Moh (the new one). Picked up my save, fought forwards some more. Got to a point where a pickup truck went straight through my cover, and so I ran out to the left. Got shot, because you're not supposed to do that. Was then trapped in an infinite autoloop of checkpoint-death. Fucking checkpoints. They make no sense now that Consoles have storage and can theoretically save anywhere like PCs. There's your fucking consolitis. So anyway, I have to start that whole mission again.  Mob

Finished FEAR2 a week or so ago. I'll write something up once I finish the Reborn DLC, but it was a good, solid shooter.

Been mucking about with Red Dead a bit again. Usually just doing a couple of missions a day, and some of the dicking around stuff. I don't knwo if it's because I'm now old and uncoordinated, but fuck five finger fillet. Trying to get one single win for a new outfit. GNARGH.

Bought my wife the RB3 keyboard, so we had some fun on that. Played some new and old songs. Still a damn good game.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #4608 on: May 29, 2011, 06:48:30 PM

World of Tanks is a lot of fun now that I have my T-34.  Tier III and IV were tough.  Now I feel like I'm on equal ground.

Far Cry 2 and Bioshock 2 await playing.  Got FC2 the other day for $5, shit can't beat that. 
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #4609 on: May 29, 2011, 10:45:09 PM

I took a break from Witcher 2 after a gruesome death to play Terraria for a few minutes. Big mistake, I ended up forgetting about Witcher 2 altogether. At least until I have a full set of CopperIron gear.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #4610 on: May 29, 2011, 11:53:35 PM

I decided to grab Fable III, high production values, good voice works, generally well done setting...but man, the gameplay sucked. They really need a revamp if Fable 4 is going to convince anyone.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4611 on: May 29, 2011, 11:58:01 PM

Rolled an Illusionist in EQ2 since I've got 45 free days of time (thanks, hackers!); not sure how long I'll stick with this toon, but I missed the depth of this game compared to WoW. It's a shame the community sucks.

Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #4612 on: May 30, 2011, 06:27:45 AM

I decided to grab Fable III, high production values, good voice works, generally well done setting...but man, the gameplay sucked. They really need a revamp if Fable 4 is going to convince anyone.

I quit at Fable 2.  I like what they are trying, they are pushing boundaries, but the gameplay isn't fun.  And that's the main idea.

Also playing Civ IV a bit again.  Uninstalled Civ V.  Every game I play I have to spread my religion, by word or war.  I think I have some hangups deep down there.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4613 on: May 30, 2011, 07:55:24 AM

Rolled an Illusionist in EQ2 since I've got 45 free days of time (thanks, hackers!); not sure how long I'll stick with this toon, but I missed the depth of this game compared to WoW. It's a shame the community sucks.
My biggest mistake with EQ2 was 'saving' my favorite classes to twink later. The illusionist may have been my favorite class in EQ2, is was very well done and gave you a lot of fun options. I also liked the Shadowknight, who I froze at 45 or so and tried to powerlevel my lvl 30 wizard. Wiz ended up at 70+ but I got bored because I hate powerlevelling, heh.

Playing AoC a little now, really makes me miss EQ2's more vibrant setting and character options. Also playing a little Splinter Cell (threee deee) and of course, Terraria.
Malakili
Terracotta Army

Reply #4614 on: May 30, 2011, 08:00:56 AM

Brink mainly.  Also been watching a lot of Starcraft 2 tournaments, the skill is impressive.  The NASL has been hit or miss, but there have been a lot of really great games (if anyone cares at all www.nasl.tv).
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #4615 on: May 30, 2011, 09:31:11 AM

Playing a bit took much BaK. I wish RPGs still had turn based combat. :(
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #4616 on: May 30, 2011, 03:11:12 PM

Turns out that I broke the left bumper of my wired controller when I threw is during my Five Finger Filet Fun. Now I need to buy a replacement. Feh.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #4617 on: May 30, 2011, 08:22:37 PM

Daughter and I took a stab at D&D: Daggerdale. Pretty wretched.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #4618 on: May 30, 2011, 08:44:19 PM

I quit at Fable 2.  I like what they are trying, they are pushing boundaries, but the gameplay isn't fun.  And that's the main idea.

Also playing Civ IV a bit again.  Uninstalled Civ V.  Every game I play I have to spread my religion, by word or war.  I think I have some hangups deep down there.

Felt waste of a good IP to me...the soundtrack quality, overall presentation is top notch. They shamed Bethesda software on their well-picked stable of voice talents. Unlike the Picard facepalm casting for major characters who died ala Oblivion and Fallout 3, I never get the feeling I was listening to stock characters with barely any care of quality.

And that is where the quality ends in Fable 3. :( Browsed through GoG.com and saw Guilty Gear XX Reloaded on PC for $6. Whoa, hook me up baby. For the soundtrack alone, it's well worth the price!

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #4619 on: May 31, 2011, 05:48:41 AM

Beat Crysis Warhead a few days ago.  It and Crysis are disappointing despite being the prettiest games ever.
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: