Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:20:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 23 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231551 times)
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #4305 on: April 07, 2011, 07:53:10 AM

I'm about 2 missions from endgame on ME2.  Will post in that thread shortly.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #4306 on: April 07, 2011, 08:15:37 AM

You won't reach a million. I scanned every planet in the galaxy on my first playthrough.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #4307 on: April 07, 2011, 09:08:30 AM

You won't reach a million. I scanned every planet in the galaxy on my first playthrough.

Wow.  You must be a stickler for details.  I couldn't be bothered with that sort of tedium.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #4308 on: April 07, 2011, 09:12:42 AM

I hate the invention of achievements and secret packages, secret rooms and easter eggs because I'm a huge compulsive completionist. The one achioevement, the one you only get if you play through the game on "OMFG they are raping me" difficulty while whistling the national anthem backwards? It sits there, taunting me, judging me.  why so serious?
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #4309 on: April 07, 2011, 10:13:48 AM

Achievements can be quite silly.

It's not longer about beating the game. It's about beating the game on the worst settings while wearing no pants.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #4310 on: April 07, 2011, 10:29:58 AM

Ah, but I have all the DLC planets as well to add to my search...

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4311 on: April 07, 2011, 10:58:49 AM

Scanned, or scanned-and-also-reduced-every-single-planet-to-depleted status?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #4312 on: April 07, 2011, 11:26:42 AM

scanned-and-also-reduced-every-single-planet-to-depleted status?

This. You end up with around 750.000 in most resources and you spend over 100.000 credits in fuel and probes. if i remember correctly but let me fire up the save and I'll get back to you.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #4313 on: April 07, 2011, 11:39:15 AM

Something tells me Jeff would do fine managing a reaction chain in eve why so serious?

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4314 on: April 07, 2011, 11:42:55 AM

scanned-and-also-reduced-every-single-planet-to-depleted status?

This. You end up with around 750.000 in most resources and you spend over 100.000 credits in fuel and probes. if i remember correctly but let me fire up the save and I'll get back to you.

Hm, doesn't spending that much in fuel/probes end up compromising your ability to actually buy all the store upgrades, given cash is finite?

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #4315 on: April 07, 2011, 01:01:57 PM

I had 9.000 credits left at the end of the collector base mission ;)
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #4316 on: April 07, 2011, 01:25:51 PM

I'm sure I'm the odd man out in this crowd, but I could care fuck all for achievements.  I thought people that went nuts over them in WoW were loony. 
WayAbvPar

Reply #4317 on: April 07, 2011, 01:45:49 PM

Picked up Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 : The Masters last night. Played a round at Augusta. I know now why Amen Corner is feared. Really looking forward to watching Masters coverage and then recreating it all on my 360.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #4318 on: April 07, 2011, 01:58:56 PM

I'm sure I'm the odd man out in this crowd, but I could care fuck all for achievements.  I thought people that went nuts over them in WoW were loony. 

I go crazy for them.  I play games incessantly to get them, staying up way too late and cutting corners on RL projects to give myself enough extra time to catch one more.  About a year ago I realized that I was chasing the dragon with them in almost every game I play, on any system.  So I purposefully stopped myself from going after them.  I enjoy games much, much more now that I forget about them.  It's less about accumulation of something and more about just playing the damn game for fun.  It's worked pretty well so far for me.

Late to the game, sure, but I'm on the very last mission of Red Dead Redemption.  Going to finish it here in the next hour.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4319 on: April 07, 2011, 02:07:33 PM

No.  I'm the same.  I only collected all the Royal Jelly in AvP because Elena wanted to.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #4320 on: April 07, 2011, 05:32:38 PM

Just finished RDR, that was a pretty amazing story.  Ended about the way I thought it would and goes down as one of the few games that I really had an emotional attachment to, like after finishing a good novel. 

Now for the Undead Nightmare...  It just looks fun.  After I tinker with that I'm beginning a DA:O and DA2 marathon.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #4321 on: April 07, 2011, 06:03:32 PM

I'll often chase down easy ones, and not bother at all with multiplayer ones or ones that require playing on the highest difficulties etc stupid tasks and so forth.

Having said that, I've started to work on the "get a bronze star on all weapons" badge in BC2, but that's different, kinda, since you're still doing the same stuff you do normally, but while being challenged a little more to kill guys using unfamiliar weapons instead of only using your personal standbys.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 06:05:21 PM by Azazel »

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
MuffinMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #4322 on: April 07, 2011, 09:00:10 PM

Just finished The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile. It was an awesome, weird, bloody beat-em-up side scroller, probably the best $10 I've ever spent. Played through the co-op campaign, we almost put our controllers through the TV a few times. Lost track of time, probably took about 5 hours to play through.

I'm very mysterious when I'm inside you.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #4323 on: April 08, 2011, 04:40:46 AM

I had 9.000 credits left at the end of the collector base mission ;)

This doesn't sound right to me but my last 360 croaked and I won't by ME2 again for my PS3/PC so I can't check it but I recall having lots of money left over and I got everything.  Also, I mined just enough to get everything and there were still a number of planets I never bothered probing.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4324 on: April 08, 2011, 06:46:52 AM

To me, it's a cool way to look back at a game and see how I played it. I never play to get achievements, I like the way they naturally accrue as part of normal gameplay. I don't even read the ones I don't have.

I do wish the Divinity 2 achievements were steam-linked, though.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #4325 on: April 08, 2011, 02:12:29 PM

This doesn't sound right to me but my last 360 croaked and I won't by ME2 again for my PS3/PC so I can't check it but I recall having lots of money left over and I got everything.  Also, I mined just enough to get everything and there were still a number of planets I never bothered probing.

I was asked if  mining every planet in the ME2 universe to depletion was even possble. It is but you spend over 100.000 creditas alone on fuel and probes, so I had only a few credits left at the end.

On my second playthrough I only mined enough to research everything and had a lot more money to spare.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4326 on: April 08, 2011, 03:20:03 PM

At release you actually couldn't buy everything unless you had some kind of import bonus to cash, I guess the DLC pumped a lot more credits into the game.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4327 on: April 09, 2011, 01:59:50 AM

I'd be curious to hear an opinion on Amnesia.

I've never been so frightened by any entertainment medium in so little time.

Currently playing this during probably the sunniest loveliest day in Scotland yet and, frankly, It's giving me the heebies already.

Interesting game all right.  I wonder if I can complete it before the sun sinks ?

tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #4328 on: April 09, 2011, 02:14:26 AM

You're doing it wrong.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4329 on: April 09, 2011, 02:40:46 AM

Yes, I'm aware.

I spent all fucking night downloading it and wanted to see how it ran.  I have desisted for now and will pick it up later on with headphones and caffeine.

Next up, Bloodbowl.

Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #4330 on: April 09, 2011, 10:53:28 AM

So the endgame wasn't where I thought it was on ME2.  I'll be doing that tonight.  Thanks all for the romance info - conversation trees started blossoming shortly after that.

(edit : or now.  Will do brain dump in ME2 thread shortly.)

« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 12:31:33 PM by Minvaren »

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #4331 on: April 09, 2011, 11:39:46 AM

Playing a game of Blood Bowl a day to get accustomed to it. Very fun.

Also, I'm getting my jollies in Medieval 2 by fighting a 3 front war against the Egyptians, the Danish, and the HRE. The Pope doesn't like my going after the HRE, but they are a hair from getting excommunicated if they touch me since my cardinals run the church at this point. I elected this Pope after the French jackass died off and I got to finish off that pitiful country along with the Portugese. I can tell the Spaniards are biding their time though, waiting for me to turn my back.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #4332 on: April 10, 2011, 02:15:44 PM

Playing DA2, posting here because I don't want to risk anything by reading the DA2 thread. End of Act 2 spoilers:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 02:35:58 PM by jakonovski »
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4333 on: April 10, 2011, 02:34:51 PM

If it makes you feel better, that fight was no more fun as a rogue, but at least a warrior might have the ability to resist the knockback/knockdowns.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #4334 on: April 10, 2011, 02:36:25 PM

If it makes you feel better, that fight was no more fun as a rogue, but at least a warrior might have the ability to resist the knockback/knockdowns.

No, I had 100% knockback resistance, didn't do shit. Also, I edited in my solution.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #4335 on: April 10, 2011, 04:15:39 PM

Playing DA2, posting here because I don't want to risk anything by reading the DA2 thread. End of Act 2 spoilers:

God Save the Horn Players
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #4336 on: April 10, 2011, 04:47:59 PM

I feel like perhaps the fight would be easier as a mage or archer rogue, what with the ranged kiting and all.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4337 on: April 10, 2011, 06:39:42 PM

I feel like perhaps the fight would be easier as a mage or archer rogue, what with the ranged kiting and all.

It wasn't all that hard as a melee rogue, but I did have to game it some.   My strategy went something like:  unload with high damage abilities, get smacked, chug potions, run around until cooldowns reset, repeat until dead.  Yah, it was cheesey, but sufficiently roguelike for me.

Tonight it's back to mage Hawke or perhaps starting The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile since I downloaded that last night.

-Rasix
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4338 on: April 11, 2011, 12:33:26 AM

Played a fair bit of Amnesia last night and, frankly, it's not for me.  Sure, it's suspenseful and actually manages to be genuinely frightening but I'm really, really not interested in a powerless simulator.  If I wanted to feel like I was entirely at the mercy of forces beyond my control I'd spend more time at the Jobcentre.

Run and Hide are fine options, but it's not all I want in my games.

tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #4339 on: April 11, 2011, 12:42:09 AM

The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile
The ... what?

Seriously, even watching a video of it on youtube made me sit there with a O_o face. Most unrepresentative game name I've encountered so far...

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: