Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 02:10:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? Rendakor and 23 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231441 times)
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #4235 on: March 27, 2011, 02:30:32 AM

Another Bad Company 2 session on Friday night with a mate. Always fun.

Some more F.E.A.R. which alternates between creepy moments every 10 minutes or so and generic hallway shooter with soft bullet-time the rest of the time. Also loaded up AVP on 360 again, and slogged my way through Refinery, the 3rd-last section of the Marine Campaign. Just Jungle and Ruins to go and I'll have finally finished that fucker. Oddly, despite the shootingness of the game being sub-par, it actually does creepy (at least in some levels) at least as well as FEAR.

I'm not finding either game to be especially good, though. I'm looking forward to finishing both of them so I can move onto other things. Maybe I'll try Crysis?

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4236 on: March 28, 2011, 11:55:45 AM

Put a lot of time into Plants vs Zombies on PS3.

I remembered that there was an ethernet port on the back of Uverse boxes, and I decided to connect my repaired 360 to it... and it connected.  Whee, finally something good to report.  Now I can play Castlevania HD in the bedroom, as well as any other XBL DLC.  But instead I started a new game of Assassin's Creed.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4237 on: March 30, 2011, 03:21:34 PM

The PSN online storage has given me the ability to go back to Demon's Souls. I am making more progress than before due to picking magic this time.  Besides that, turns out the curved falchion causes my mana to regenerate.  I then found a regen ring near the start of 4-1, and the tables have fucking turned.  Fuck you, red dragon.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #4238 on: March 30, 2011, 03:48:06 PM

I dug out my old G25 steering wheel and decided I was going to take a look at the driving games that were on steam. Not a single one were even remotely impressive or even fun. So I'm now back to LFS and RBR. And holy shit is there a lot I have to re-learn about driving a rally car.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #4239 on: March 31, 2011, 08:09:39 PM

So I'm off of Fallen Earth and now plan on playing a little X3.   Ohhhhh, I see.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

I'm an apathetic, hedonistic, utilitarian, nihilistic existentialist.

Reply #4240 on: April 01, 2011, 03:04:42 AM

I startet God of War 1 (from the God of War collection for the PS3) yesterday and fail to get what people are bragging about there. I haven't gotten used to the "unusual" control scheme yet and it seems like a lot of button mashing with nearly no strategy or tactics.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4241 on: April 01, 2011, 03:15:01 AM

Got to the bit in LoL where you have to commit genocide on either the mouth stalks or the brain ghosts and stalled.

It's still the best Dungeon Master type game of its type, but GOD they really didn't know about plot and pacing back then at all, did they ?  Even EotB had the same problem.

I may use my new found Dosbox powers on something else now.  Tried Xenomorph and realised it had not aged well at all.  :D

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #4242 on: April 01, 2011, 03:57:15 AM

What about another go at X-Com: Terror from the Deep or UFO: Enemy unknown?
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4243 on: April 01, 2011, 04:05:38 AM

Every now and again I do that, but I find that those games that I have played to death I tend to fall back into my 'wait, I know how to win this' groove and end up using the same tactics, squad, weapons and base layout as always.  Hell, even typing this my head is placing the main base and listening posts with hangars.

Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Maybe I'll gie it a wee go.  It's a shame that all the X-com sequels suck such massive amounts of ass though.

Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #4244 on: April 01, 2011, 04:24:54 AM

I don't know any decent party oriented RPGs except the ones you mentioned already. But if it's more along the lines of turn based strategy, what about Jagged Alliance 1 or 2? Holds up rather well in my opinion.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #4245 on: April 01, 2011, 04:43:12 AM

what about Jagged Alliance 1 or 2? Holds up rather well in my opinion.
Agreed.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #4246 on: April 01, 2011, 04:45:27 AM

I startet God of War 1 (from the God of War collection for the PS3) yesterday and fail to get what people are bragging about there. I haven't gotten used to the "unusual" control scheme yet and it seems like a lot of button mashing with nearly no strategy or tactics.

GoW series, I've tried playing them multiple times.  I just don't get it.  In fact, it was on one of those attempts a few years back that I realized that 98% of current games suck.  Been downhill ever since.  

For the first time in 10+ years, I'm MMO free.  It's a weird feeling, finding a LOT more time to do other stuff.  I still tinker with GW, but only to solo in it so it's not like it's a monkey on my back.  

Against all better judgement, I picked up DA2 yesterday.  Working on finishing up RDR and AC:Brohood.  
Zetor
Terracotta Army

Reply #4247 on: April 01, 2011, 05:04:52 AM

I'm telling you, Wizardry 6-7-8! OK, maybe only 7-8. I have yet to find a better party-based 'oldschool' dungeon crawler...

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4248 on: April 01, 2011, 05:10:19 AM

I will give it a try.  I tried Bards Tale again and it had the same problem as X-com.  Oh, look, I have the exact same party mix and I'm racing towards MIBL.

Since I've never done Wizardry, it might be interesting.

Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #4249 on: April 01, 2011, 08:17:06 AM

I'll second the Wizardry suggestion.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #4250 on: April 01, 2011, 08:30:35 AM

Yes, try Wizardry. I don't know how much it holds up today, but Bane of the Cosmic Forge sucked me in like the Ultimas before it.

Of course, if you want to go that retro, Dark Heart of Uukrul beckons.  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 08:33:24 AM by Tebonas »
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #4251 on: April 01, 2011, 08:47:32 PM

I'm a bit surprised you've never played Wizardry.  I would definitely do it if you haven't.  I'm sure it hasn't aged well at all though. 
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #4252 on: April 02, 2011, 12:31:49 AM

I figured out a way to buy dd games in pounds instead of euros (make a Gamersgate UK account). Dragon Age 2 for 40% off!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4253 on: April 02, 2011, 04:54:18 AM

Oh Dear God, that hasn't aged well at all.

Next.

Heartbreak

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #4254 on: April 02, 2011, 06:13:29 AM

I still fire up Daggerfall once every couple days to have my level 25 demigod of a wereboar hitman run a mission or two for the Dark Brotherhood and/or his knightly order, bank a little more gold I'll never spend, and buy more books to put in his house. It's like doing my dailies in WoW or something, I dunno.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Minvaren
Terracotta Army

Reply #4255 on: April 02, 2011, 10:06:24 AM

Still playing ME2.

I think I've cornered the galactic market on palladium.  Though getting stuck in mid-air regularly is annoying me...

"There are many things of which a wise man might wish to remain ignorant." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4256 on: April 02, 2011, 12:16:14 PM

I decided to work through the backlog of games I picked up cheaply on Steam but still haven't played.  Not having an MMO sucking down hours and hours of time has really let me work through a lot at the house in addition.  Right now it's Spellforce 2.  Weird hybrid of an RTS and a hack & slash RPG with an awful cutscene camera.  Still a bit of fun, though.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4257 on: April 02, 2011, 12:58:04 PM

Still playing ME2.

I think I've cornered the galactic market on palladium.  Though getting stuck in mid-air regularly is annoying me...

This is incredibly annoying (and doesn't exist in the xbox version that I remember), I have really had to up my quicksave reflex playing on the PC.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #4258 on: April 02, 2011, 01:18:57 PM

It happened to me once in my very first playthrough, in like ... the third room. And then it didn't happen again ever, it was very strange. Once in a great while someone falls down somewhere they shouldn't, though, and I have to reload because of that instead.

God Save the Horn Players
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #4259 on: April 02, 2011, 03:42:10 PM

Started Shadow Complex on XBox Live Arcade. I like the super metroid vibe and 2,5D graphics.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #4260 on: April 03, 2011, 02:01:10 AM

I loved Shadow Complex, bought it day one. Sadly my 360 rrod'ed soon afterwards, so the forced break in playing made me forget it. I should totally get back to it one of these days. Also, the Rush'N Attack remake has been released recently. It's apparently really good and I have some leftover points on my Live account...

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #4261 on: April 03, 2011, 04:06:15 AM

Finished AVP. Poked around through a pile to see what console title to replace it with, since I"m not feeling Brutal Legend right now. Decided to finish something rather than start something new. Settled on Force Unleashed Sith Edition (since I'd finished the regular edition ages ago, so just the DLC stuff to do).

Then today I checked out Wolfenstein. Mostly to d/l any updates before I move, and to see if the game is in English or partially in Korean, since I got it as a Play-Asia special sometime last year. Ended up spending the whole day playing it. It's got it's problems, but it's not bad.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4262 on: April 03, 2011, 10:15:23 AM

Still playing ME2.

I think I've cornered the galactic market on palladium.  Though getting stuck in mid-air regularly is annoying me...

This is incredibly annoying (and doesn't exist in the xbox version that I remember), I have really had to up my quicksave reflex playing on the PC.

Yep, I've never seen this.  ME2 is flawless (mechanically, that is, nyuk nyuk) on 360.

Demon's Souls again.  Down Armor Spider and Vanguard.  Now looking to farm 60000 souls to buy a MP regen ring.  Might find one before then, though.

LotRO after some time away.  Spring Festival.

Played some girlfriend-mode Da Blob 2 with my son.

Last night my wife and I cracked open Lego Star Wars III.  Expected levels of greatness.  The fun part is that we don't know jack shit about The Clone Wars.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 10:18:05 AM by Yegolev »

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #4263 on: April 03, 2011, 11:00:55 AM

Completely addicted to DA2 now. It's much better than the internet would have it. Why was I not informed sooner?!

fake edit: also, my game randomly decided it was Signature Edition and unlocked all the related goodies. Kinda cool, although Sebastian Whatshisface seems like a douchebag.
Jeff Kelly
Terracotta Army

Reply #4264 on: April 04, 2011, 07:42:52 AM

Finished Shadow Complex today. I didn't realize how much I missed that type of game until now. It's probably the best $10 I've ever spent on a game.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #4265 on: April 04, 2011, 08:13:34 AM

Finished Red Faction: Guerrilla, was a pretty decent console port and I had fun with the destructible building gimmick.
Made the final sprint on my Imperator game in Anno 1404, so that "finished" all the scenarios and campaigns for me there.
Played Rift on the free weekend and was fairly entertained

Loaded up tales of monkey island but I hated the guybrush walking control scheme and it also crashed so I moved on to something else.

Oh, I also got shot in the face a bunch by Haemish and WayAbvPar in BC2 a few weeks ago.

I'm really not sure what's next.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #4266 on: April 04, 2011, 08:42:59 AM

Finished Shadow Complex today. I didn't realize how much I missed that type of game until now. It's probably the best $10 I've ever spent on a game.

Hey, I raved about it when it came out.  It's an excellent game, although it feels weird playing it if you've just played an Uncharted game (HELLO NOLAN NORTH). There's definitely a place in the market for a well executed Super Metriod clone.

On Act 3 of Dragon Age 2.  I've liked this game a great deal, despite its shortcomings. I'm not really sure I'm going to do a replay though.  Sarcastic, roguish, Lady Hawke is how I envision this game was meant to be played.  I can't see myself making a whole lot of different decisions, even though I know they lead to the same general place. I'm having a harder time just playing "opposites day!" to get achievements and see the evil or dickish resolution to a problem.  Might roll a mage on a higher level of difficulty, however, just for another go at the combat.

-Rasix
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #4267 on: April 04, 2011, 09:17:55 AM

It exists in the 360 version, but is very rare. I got stuck above a crate on Jacob's loyalty mission, but managed to squirm my way back to ground level. Very rare, but not unknown. I think I had like 3 restarts because of it over my assorted playthroughs.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4268 on: April 04, 2011, 09:40:29 AM

Played the Dragon Age 2 demo and I have some impressions.
1. Huge tits.  Huuuuge.  What the shit?  Minus three points from the Srs RPG Bzns score.
2. Mage combat is improved.  Plus five points on the Action RPG score.
3. UI is nice.  Plus one point on the Console RPG score.

More Demon's Souls and Lego Star Wars III.

Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4269 on: April 04, 2011, 11:18:53 AM

1. Huge tits.  Huuuuge.  What the shit?  Minus three points from the Srs RPG Bzns score.

They get smaller after the seeker tells Varric to stop exaggerating.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: