Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 03:28:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 28 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231565 times)
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #3990 on: February 25, 2011, 12:26:23 PM

I'm not sure it's been announced yet, but the Japan release was last week, so I'm guessing... November?... maybe?

edit:

Atlus’ US PR has told BeefJack, very apologetically, there are currently no plans for a North American release.

“Catherine is a Japan-only game and there are no plans for a NA release at this time. Sorry about that!” reads the statement.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 01:09:18 PM by stu »

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #3991 on: February 25, 2011, 02:16:31 PM

Cocksuckers.  Mob

Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #3992 on: February 25, 2011, 06:33:32 PM

Playing Sims 3: Late Night. Good expansion I think, best yet. It integrates well with the Ambitions expansion and the celebrity mechanics are rather neat.

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #3993 on: February 25, 2011, 08:47:59 PM

I'm not sure it's been announced yet, but the Japan release was last week, so I'm guessing... November?... maybe?

edit:

Atlus’ US PR has told BeefJack, very apologetically, there are currently no plans for a North American release.

“Catherine is a Japan-only game and there are no plans for a NA release at this time. Sorry about that!” reads the statement.
Goddammit.

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #3994 on: February 27, 2011, 12:48:09 PM

Finally taking the plunge and picked up Crusader Kings Complete over the weekend.  After getting it to stop crashing (had to manually edit the settings file to match my screen resolution as well as grabbing a beta patch off the paradox forums), I'm slowly trying to figure out what the hell I'm doing.   At first, I picked an Empire and was horribly horribly confused.  Then, after looking around, I realized I could click the shields, and picked a count.  This was less overwhelming, but also sorta boring.    After reading the forums, I'm taking someone's suggestion of going with the Duchy of Bohemia, and so far, it's going a lot better.

I still am pretty sure I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing, but I'm selling off my nobles into marriages and have a rough goal of trying to get claims on everything surrounding my borders and maybe grab enough territory to claim a kingdom or the like.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #3995 on: February 27, 2011, 12:55:52 PM

I'm on yet another old-timey RPG kick with Daggerfall. Yeah, I dunno what it is with me. I just downloaded this one out of curiosity since it's free, expecting it to be simplified and relatively lame compared to Morrowind/Oblivion. Once you rebind the controls into a more useful scheme and get accustomed to Doom-level graphics, though, there's a shocking amount of meat on it's bones. Right out of the gate, custom character creation is deeper and more interesting than either of the sequels.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #3996 on: February 27, 2011, 01:20:51 PM

Right out of the gate, custom character creation is deeper and more interesting than either of the sequels.

And oh so easy to abuse.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3997 on: February 27, 2011, 07:28:38 PM

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #3998 on: February 28, 2011, 12:23:16 AM

I'm on yet another old-timey RPG kick with Daggerfall. Yeah, I dunno what it is with me. I just downloaded this one out of curiosity since it's free, expecting it to be simplified and relatively lame compared to Morrowind/Oblivion. Once you rebind the controls into a more useful scheme and get accustomed to Doom-level graphics, though, there's a shocking amount of meat on it's bones. Right out of the gate, custom character creation is deeper and more interesting than either of the sequels.

So, so, so much hidden goodness too.

Was one of the most addicting games I ever played as a kid.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #3999 on: February 28, 2011, 12:56:17 AM

I think I'm almost done with Dead Money (entered the Vault and quit late last night when I was too tired to find the pattern to get past the three guards, so I guess after work today the DLC will be finished).

All in all a nice little adventure, though I'm not entirely sure if it was an Homage to Bioshock or a plain rip-off.  awesome, for real
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #4000 on: February 28, 2011, 01:53:57 AM

Once you rebind the controls into a more useful scheme and get accustomed to Doom-level graphics, though, there's a shocking amount of meat on it's bones. Right out of the gate, custom character creation is deeper and more interesting than either of the sequels.
Shocking. I thought games were better now than they ever were. why so serious?

I kid, I kid. I was actually going to download and play this this weekend, then move on to morrowind and oblivion, but I got lost in Silent Hunter 4. I'm still not doing manual targeting or map updating, but I'm probably going to move up to it. At least the manual map update, I'm still not convinced about the manual targeting process, but a friend of mine (who keeps nagging me about doing a coop session) swears by manual targeting.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #4001 on: February 28, 2011, 07:50:56 AM

Why not start with Arena?
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4002 on: February 28, 2011, 08:17:46 AM

Because it was vastly inferior ?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4003 on: February 28, 2011, 10:28:59 AM

Same reason no one starts with Aklabeth.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
fuser
Terracotta Army

Reply #4004 on: February 28, 2011, 11:49:38 AM

Resubbed to Xbox Live and playing SR2 + NHL 11 with a few friends. I'm still shocked at how much better Xbox live multi-player experience is then PSN.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #4005 on: March 01, 2011, 01:31:14 AM

This might be the best game in the series, and I never played it up until a few days ago. There's no nostalgia here. Christ, I'm stricken by what a vast step backwards Morrowind was in almost every way except graphically.

I keep wiping my ass on a series of "Hey wanna participate in the main quest, bro?" letters. Fuck the Emperor, I don't have time for him. I need to rise up the ranks of the Dark Brotherhood, save up money for a nice house, and maybe become a wereboar.

In the light of the full moon, a baleful oink echoes across the moors!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 01:35:07 AM by WindupAtheist »

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #4006 on: March 01, 2011, 02:02:37 AM

Hey guess what, Catherine gets an English version after all! http://www.giantbomb.com/news/catherine-is-coming/2958/

Edit: just finished my ME2 insanity playthrough. Killzone 3 has permanent residence inside my PS3 except for when I watch X-Files on DVD. Now I have to continue my DA:O insanity playthrough, because DA2 is coming out sooooon!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 02:04:16 AM by jakonovski »
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #4007 on: March 01, 2011, 02:06:33 AM

I didn't really think about arena getting released for free, but hey: http://download.cnet.com/The-Elder-Scrolls-Arena-10th-anniversary-full-install/3000-7539_4-10281566.html

\o/

I'm worried that the controls might be a bit annoying, but you know what? I'm going to find out.

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #4008 on: March 01, 2011, 06:44:21 AM

Decided to finally restart The Witcher, which I only got a little ways into the last time I took a shot at it. I am still torn between liking the world, the narrative, the moral tone and hating the combat. But I'm gonna keep at it this time.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #4009 on: March 01, 2011, 06:49:03 AM

Decided to finally restart The Witcher, which I only got a little ways into the last time I took a shot at it. I am still torn between liking the world, the narrative, the moral tone and hating the combat. But I'm gonna keep at it this time.

Totally worth it in my view. Just don't help the elves. If you're an elf-lover, you deserve what you get.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #4010 on: March 01, 2011, 07:33:55 AM

Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #4011 on: March 01, 2011, 07:44:20 AM

Totally worth it in my view. Just don't help the elves. If you're an elf-lover, you deserve what you get.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I already helped a dwarf, who was only moderately unpleasant. I would love to be able to kill most of the villagers, though.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #4012 on: March 01, 2011, 08:08:36 AM

Hey guess what, Catherine gets an English version after all! http://www.giantbomb.com/news/catherine-is-coming/2958/

This was the best fucking news I heard all day. Looks like Amazon is saying late July.

jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #4013 on: March 02, 2011, 12:50:21 PM

I played some DoW2:Retribution yesterday, as it had come out on March 1st. However, at some point between then and now Relic decided that they had announced the wrong release date, and locked all Steam copies of the game in affected regions until March 4th. Sent a pointed letter to Steam support, especially since this means I effectively pre-ordered the game, paid for it, and did not receive the pre-order bonus.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 12:56:47 PM by jakonovski »
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #4014 on: March 02, 2011, 01:01:40 PM

Mostly been playing Marvel vs. Capcom 3 since its release.  I'm only a casual fan of fighting games, but I'm fortunate enough to have a friend who is about the same skill level as me to play against so it's been pretty fun.
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #4015 on: March 02, 2011, 01:47:30 PM

DoW:2 Retribution brings the game quite a lot closer to the game I hoped DoW2 would be. The single player still has more in common with Diablo than with an RTS in a lot of ways but at least there is a unit building facet to it to a degree now. I'll basically play anything with Imperial Guard though, and they get extra points for including storm troopers and Catachan jungle fighters as unit types this time.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #4016 on: March 03, 2011, 09:24:48 AM

Starcraft 2.  So close to master's league.  It taunts me.

RIFT.  Not too hardcore.  Kind of regretting making a mage because rogues and clerics apparently dont realize they can pick a damn tank spec.

Ghost Trick for DS.  This is a clever puzzle/adventure game which is charming as hell.  Made by the creator of Phoenix Wright.  Nuff said.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #4017 on: March 03, 2011, 10:59:46 AM

Minecraft. I made treehouse.

The trees were all too small, so I made tree out of logs. It's six squares thick and around 35 high, with multiple trees planted on top to generate foilage. It's awesome.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4018 on: March 03, 2011, 11:38:10 AM

Seems like something has cracked my X-Wing Alliance CD.  And then, when I went to fetch a torrent, it seems it won't run under Windows 7.

Fuck that then.  Where's Mechcommander ??

tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #4019 on: March 03, 2011, 11:39:38 AM

Not even under dosbox?

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #4020 on: March 03, 2011, 11:46:47 AM

RIFT and Bloodbowl.

Logging into Eve to update my skills...once a week. And that's finished end of this month. I miss SirMolle and his bombastic attempts to conquer the Galaxy.

Was going to get Dragon Age II and Shogan Total War II but the demo's scared me off from both.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #4021 on: March 03, 2011, 05:48:22 PM

So I'm still playing Daggerfall. I got myself infected with boar lycanthropy, robbed every shop in the land until I could afford to buy my way into the quest for the ring that removes all the drawbacks, and have been running up the ranks of the Dark Brotherhood. This series really did peak with this game.

Hawkbit
Terracotta Army

Like a Klansman in the ghetto.

Reply #4022 on: March 03, 2011, 07:36:20 PM

PC: 

Minecraft:  Working on a Nier-ish ruined world with huge ruined castles and broken railways.
Rift

PS3:  Red Dead (finally)

DS:  Radiant Historia.  If you're a fan of RPGs like Chrono Trigger/Cross, the different ones... then this is a must-have.  I suspect it will only have a limited run and be one of those $100+ DS games in a year or two.  Travelling through a history of a world, through a magical book.  Reliving key moments.  Mature storyline dealing with death and political power.  FANtastic.  It has its issues, but well worth dealing with. 
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #4023 on: March 04, 2011, 12:01:42 AM

So I'm still playing Daggerfall. I got myself infected with boar lycanthropy, robbed every shop in the land until I could afford to buy my way into the quest for the ring that removes all the drawbacks, and have been running up the ranks of the Dark Brotherhood. This series really did peak with this game.

They just kept remaking it prettier, but worse.

In fairness, Morrowind had a better story and was more personally engaging, but I still get chills seeing a Dark Elf in full armor with the Red Broadsword.  Really takes me back.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #4024 on: March 04, 2011, 05:07:00 PM

Playing Rift mostly at this point for the MMO action, and a little Fallen Earth.

I couldn't make it through the Witcher, after I found out that I had gimped myself a lot through prior choices and had to back up.  I just couldn't replay a significant portion of the game so I set it aside.  So I picked up the copy of Two Worlds that I bought on some Steam sale a while ago.  It's pretty bad. 
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: