Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:06:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? Pendan and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2231344 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3745 on: January 02, 2011, 10:45:30 PM

Alpha Protocol.  Yah, it's amateur hour and everything about it is clunky as hell, but it's really engrossing.  Possibly some of Obsidian's best writing, so far.

I think I'll suffer through the "LOL OBSIDIAN DOING THEIR OWN GAME" awkwardness long enough to finish it.

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3746 on: January 03, 2011, 01:57:49 AM

Yeah it turns out to be pretty interesting, although I wish it skewed a little more Bond and a little less Bauer.

Also playing Mass Effect again, for some reason. RPG ADD or something. Probably means there's another Baldur's Gate bender in my near future.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 02:01:50 AM by Ingmar »

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #3747 on: January 03, 2011, 06:44:15 AM

My second XBOX shit the bed and won't play discs anymore so I requested and got a PS3 for christmas.

I only have one game for it but that game is Demon's Souls and after staying up all night playing it I doubt if I will feel the need to buy another game until spring.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #3748 on: January 03, 2011, 07:19:36 AM

Yeah it turns out to be pretty interesting, although I wish it skewed a little more Bond and a little less Bauer.

This is probably the most depressing read http://www.rpgsite.net/articles/174/244/josh-gilman-interview.html

RPGSite: The game was delayed several times, eventually arriving the better part of a year late. Do you have any insight as to why it was delayed for such a long time?
Josh: I have an idea of what happened.  We worked for months, maybe even half-a-year, before a major script rewrite occurred. When we first started out, Michael Thornton was a completely different character. Suddenly, the entire project did a 180, and about 90% of what we had already recorded was thrown out the window.

It's a real shame, too, because the first plot-line had more to do with character interactions and emotions, which were more fun to play out as an actor. Also, my performance was altered in the second go-around, which I felt gave me less to do as the character. I was at odds with the session director for most of this because she kept telling me to flatten out the performance while I was trying to inject some sort of personality into the character in a failed attempt to reclaim what we had been doing the first months of recording.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #3749 on: January 03, 2011, 07:25:38 AM

...she kept telling me to flatten out the performance while I was trying to inject some sort of personality into the character...

Because thats what's really been screwing up computer games lately, this complete over focusing on interesting performances of nuanced characters.  God, I can't wait for someone to finally do a solid one note, one dimensional paper-doll so I don't have to worry about any empathy issues and can catch up on some nap-time during monologues.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Druzil
Terracotta Army

Reply #3750 on: January 03, 2011, 07:35:47 AM

Resonance of Fate - Really liking this one, though for some reason I spend like 2 hours grinding hexes for seemingly little reward, and then do it again next chapter.
Recettear - Addicting and I like the adventuring, though the buy/sell doesn't seem to be as great of a mini game as it could have been.
Rush - Decent puzzler, short but well worth the $2.50.
Shatter - First Arkanoid-like game that I've enjoyed in a long time.
TRON Evolution -  If you're a big TRON fan or a Prince of Persia fan this game is fairly entertaining... for the right price.  Nothing terribly new or especially great about it though.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #3751 on: January 03, 2011, 07:46:04 AM

Global agenda, Minecraft, and Mount and blade: Warband.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #3752 on: January 03, 2011, 07:55:27 AM

Mafia 2, pizanos. Growing up in around a ton of eye-talians, it's hilarious. I think I know everyone in the cast so far.

Had to restart on Hard, though. Easy was wicked easy, even for me (who normally plays on easy). Doing the federal building without being able to see the bad guy's directional arrows on the radar was much more tense.

edit: I find it funny that I own a lot of the music in Mafia 2.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 09:38:00 AM by Sky »
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #3753 on: January 04, 2011, 08:20:49 AM

Lots of Guild Wars.  A little DDO and Borderlands.

Been messing around with NWN2.  Character movement was stuttering horribly until I tried the Client Extention UI, so I had been working on figuring out how to add races and classes which I now have the basics down for.  Some of their design choices there are odd.

Threatening to start ME2 back up.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3754 on: January 04, 2011, 08:31:05 AM

Hey, mafia 2 has tits. Like, classy tits.

Ah, tits. You make things so much better.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3755 on: January 04, 2011, 08:45:05 AM

Been playing some of the new characters in Castlevania HD on 360 since finishing Shadow Complex.  I did get 100% map and items in SC, too.  It was nice of Chair to not tell me Orson Scott Card was involved until the end.

Minecraft in spurts.  With multiplayer working more "as intended" it's less fun just to build shit.  This is mostly due to removal of the item durability bug.

Lego Universe last night, seems there have been a few updates since my last run.  It looked pretty good at a lower resolution, too.  I'm thinking with the new monitor that it might look less awesome.  Will see.

I suppose I will get back to some more PC games since my monitor came today.  The ASUS VE276 is enormous.  Also, I think 1920x1080 is just past the point where everything looks aliased.  I need to figure out how to back it away a couple more inches.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #3756 on: January 04, 2011, 02:03:27 PM

Thanks to Steam I just played through the FEAR series and Batman: AA. I'm now debating finishing up sidequests in Deadly Premonition which is a shitty game with great characters (seriously, in some ways my wife had more fun watching me play than I had playing. The story and characters are quite entertaining. The graphics, sounds, and controls suck.) or playing one of my half a dozen other new Steam games or finishing AC: Brotherhood or replaying ME1/2. I have severe gamer ADD at the moment apparently.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3757 on: January 04, 2011, 02:15:09 PM

Hey, mafia 2 has tits. Like, classy tits.

Ah, tits. You make things so much better.

And to think I was on the fence about buying this. 
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #3758 on: January 04, 2011, 02:27:24 PM

Heading into the home stretch on my MANSHEP ME1 playthrough. Ashley is a gigantic bitch.

God Save the Horn Players
squirrel
Contributor

Reply #3759 on: January 04, 2011, 02:36:12 PM

Replaying DA:O. I finished it once, but having played a mage got really bored near the end. Am replaying it with a Rogue main character and enjoying it more. I might even play Awakenings again.

Speaking of marketing, we're out of milk.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3760 on: January 04, 2011, 02:43:32 PM

Finally wrapped up the single player in Blops. Horribly cheesy, and the devs played it so safe it's ridiculous. Hudson's CSI Miami moment was priceless.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #3761 on: January 04, 2011, 10:51:43 PM

Finished up Mana Khemia 2.  Yegolev, if you're still dicking around with this, you can probably stop.  It's not nearly as good as the first one, and it starts to really drag on in the second playthrough.

Beat Armored Core 4, since I've been sitting on it for damn near forever.  Decent but short, if you like this sorta thing.

Still working on New Vegas and Metro 2033.  Not sure what else to start working through right now.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3762 on: January 05, 2011, 08:48:00 AM

Finished up Mana Khemia 2.  Yegolev, if you're still dicking around with this, you can probably stop.  It's not nearly as good as the first one, and it starts to really drag on in the second playthrough.

I had mostly stopped, the girl lead was terribly annoying, and now I have one of those Bitch PS3s that don't play PS2 games, so... ok.

I didn't think to post it, but I have been playing Kirby's Epic Yarn with the boy.  It's damn good.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #3763 on: January 05, 2011, 09:54:58 AM

I was spending loads of time on post end-game Dragon Quest IX, but then I got Final Fantasy: 4 Heroes of Light for Christmas and have been playing the shit out of it. It's a lot of fun, but I will say that I fucking HATE that it auto-decides the enemy to which attacks are directed and the ally to which buffs/items are targeted. I don't know how many times I used an ether and it gave it to my fighter instead of my black mage, and in the middle of a boss fight. Fucking infuriating.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3764 on: January 05, 2011, 03:58:19 PM

I'm totally on a roll, finished Kane & Lynch 2 tonight. I love the characters and the game didn't disappoint on that front, but gameplay was kind of crappy. I hate weak guns in video games.
Sjofn
Terracotta Army

Truckasaurus Hands

Reply #3765 on: January 05, 2011, 05:42:52 PM

Having finished MANSHEP's playthrough in ME1, I am moving on to ME2, once I get all this stupid free DLC downloaded and installed. And the DLC I bought because Ingmar was all THOSE ARE GOOD GET THEM.

God Save the Horn Players
Gruntle
Terracotta Army

Reply #3766 on: January 05, 2011, 10:52:19 PM

Recently started (on the PS3) exploring the Dragon Age O-all-the-timekiller-that-will-fit-on-a-bluray ultimate edition, also partaking of the i-should've-quit-5-hours-ago-when-i-was-still-ahead-despair of Demon Souls (and I'm saving as a possible sanity restorer when a Demon Souls beat-down is too rough, the quirky old-school charms of 3D Dot Heroes )

Recently finished: Assassin's Creed II too (somehow even more improved and now with fun multiplayer! by which I meant Brotherhood), Kane and Lynch II (so incredibly short you better play it over again in co-op) and DeathSpank

But I'm really looking forward to finally getting into some PC Gaming on Steam: L4D, ME, the f13 Blood Bowl league... Next week!
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #3767 on: January 06, 2011, 05:11:32 AM

Have given RB3 a bit of a break since I haven't felt up to singing lately, though games are still great for keeping me occupied.

Have started playing through Call of Duty: World at War in 2P co-op on 360. About halfway through in the last 3 days, which is pretty good considering it's co-op with my wife and she's not up for long FPS sessions. Game isn't bad. Not exactly awesome, but co-op FPS is decent enough fun.

Also playing through a little bit of Mafia II here and there. A chapter or two per day. Haven't seen any tits yet though - classy or otherwise.

Grinding through rep in WoW. Not sure why sometimes, cos it sure ain't fun...
And a little bit of replay through the campaign of Bad Company 2 on PC. Which is my only save since my other PC died a couple of weeks back.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3768 on: January 06, 2011, 07:32:31 AM

STALKER, PC, need more carry capacity.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #3769 on: January 06, 2011, 07:35:36 AM

I think I'm playing WoW. Not really sure about that though, because it doesn't really feel like WoW.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3770 on: January 06, 2011, 08:28:07 AM

Also playing through a little bit of Mafia II here and there. A chapter or two per day. Haven't seen any tits yet though - classy or otherwise.
You have to find the playboys around some of the levels. You'll get a centerfold for your collectibles.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #3771 on: January 06, 2011, 08:32:36 AM

I'm totally on a roll, finished Kane & Lynch 2 tonight. I love the characters and the game didn't disappoint on that front, but gameplay was kind of crappy. I hate weak guns in video games.

Game won Yatzee's worst of 2010. 

Still only WoW and Alpha Protocol (speaking of gems) for me.  Contemplating another go at Dragon Age or Morrowind/Oblivion.  I was disappointed to find out that the graphical overall for Morrowind was only for the GOTY edition or if you have all expansions. 

-Rasix
WayAbvPar

Reply #3772 on: January 06, 2011, 09:06:01 AM

Been playing vanilla M&B: Warband SP quite a bit. Just installed the Prophecy of Pendor mod last night ,so I should get several more gaming days out that.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #3773 on: January 06, 2011, 01:48:46 PM

Just started playing Enslaved.  Combat is a little simplistic so far, but the characters are pretty well done.
Ruvaldt
Terracotta Army

Goat Variations

Reply #3774 on: January 06, 2011, 02:10:15 PM

Blood Bowl: LE at least once a day to keep the rust off between seasons.

Started Mass Effect on the PC today, and am enjoying it.

Playing Final Fantasy 3 on my new DSi during various bus/train rides of my commute.  It is, however, unsatisfying, and I'm looking forward to putting it to bed soon.

"For a long time now I have tried simply to write the best I can. Sometimes I have good luck and write better than I can." - Ernest Hemingway
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #3775 on: January 06, 2011, 02:35:30 PM

Game won Yatzee's worst of 2010. 

Yeah, the developers could be called the kings of missed opportunities. But unlike Yahtzee, I loved the visual style.

ghost
The Dentist

Reply #3776 on: January 07, 2011, 08:08:37 AM

Just finished up ME1 and 2, now am going to slog through Dragon Age and the Witcher. 
Sheepherder
Terracotta Army

Reply #3777 on: January 07, 2011, 08:36:41 PM

I was disappointed to find out that the graphical overall for Morrowind was only for the GOTY edition or if you have all expansions.

Morrowind Graphics Extender - use it!
AFAIK Morrowind dependency only texture pack.
Better Bodies / Better Clothes
Better Heads

I just finished Baldur's Gate II.  Holy shit that was horrible.  Does the combat get any better in ToB or do I just give up now?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 01:59:43 AM by Sheepherder »
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #3778 on: January 07, 2011, 09:50:34 PM

Does the MGE do the models or just everything else?

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #3779 on: January 07, 2011, 10:04:56 PM

I just finished Baldur's Gate II.  Holy shit that was horrible.  Does the combat get any better in ToB or do I just give up now?

Give up now.
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: